Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation >> Mushroom Cultivation Archive >> Casing

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Amazon Calcium Carbonate, Coir, Peat, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
InvisiblefahtsterM
Now With 33%More Faht
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Late Casing [Re: Sillicybin]
    #7718146 - 12/05/07 02:31 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Sillicybin said:
Quote:

I'm using coir/verm so I'm not using any buffer, but it's probably not a bad idea.

That, to me, sounds worse!  Coir is not only usually fairly acidic, but it's more nutritious to mold and fungi than peat... is it a high ration of verm to coir?

To me, this kind of goes along with Roger's crumpled wax-paper "casing" - for both methods, it's all about the microclimate next to the pinning surface more than anything.  The only real difference in the two is that while they pins are growing, the wax paper becomes lifted off the surface while a casing mix will stay put.

I wonder if a bunch of finely shredded wax paper might do just as well as any casing mix for this - the only difference being that it'd be extremely hard for any contaminant to colonize wax paper (if not impossible).

heh... I use 70/30 verm to coir that is pasteurized.  someone gave me the suggestion to use TUMS (calcium carbonate) in the mix to make it more basic.  The shredded wax paper sounds interesting. :smile:

Quote:

Have you tried it with Pan Cyans? My guess is that it wouldn’t work since they like a casing layer prior to knot formation.

I would agree that it's probably not a good idea with pans.

Quote:

Do you still apply the normal ammount or casing material or less... or more?

I put between a 1/4 and 1/2 inch :smile:

fahtster

--------------------
PICTURE GALLERY

EVERYTHING FAHT, CLICK ME!

PHENO HUNTERS

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Re: The Method of Late Casing and Why it's a Good Idea. (moved) [Re: fahtster]
    #9171547 - 11/02/08 10:29 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

This thread was moved from Mushroom Cultivation.

Reason:
-> archive

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Amazon Calcium Carbonate, Coir, Peat, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation >> Mushroom Cultivation Archive >> Casing