Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Anonymous #1

Help! Having a slight psych problem. (caused by mushrooms)
    #9072751 - 10/13/08 07:36 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Hey, how is everyone.  I just wanted to see if anyone could give me any knowledge on a strange frequent occurrence that is happening to me since the use of mushrooms.

I have taken mushroom 4 times, all my trips have been very profound and insightful whether they were positive or not.  On my most grand trip, a mere 3.5 grams, I had a very intense trip where I experienced a deep sense of "feeling home" and being connected with the universe.  Yet as pleasant as this trip felt, I experienced scary hallucinations of  well.... aliens.  What was most surprising to me, was that the hallucinations I was seeing looked almost exactly like what a person would draw if you asked them to draw an alien.  They had large brains (large heads)with sharp bug eyes and small slit mouths, sometimes with jagged teeth in them.  Their head was the classic guitar-pick shape.  Aliens were on the walls, behind my eyelids, on my skin, anywhere with texture.  There were  3 things that really scared me about these aliens. 1.  These aliens were so alike the ones I had seen on TV and through browsing the internet.  It scared me that all the things I had heard about aliens might possibly be true, and that they weren't just  some conspiracy.  2. The sharp teeth.  3.  These aliens all looked extremely intelligent, to the point where I was scared of the power of them, and how well they knew my mind.  They had a malevolence about them.  The addition of music seemed to take away the scary images and produce a state where I barely even noticed I was hallucinating because of the intense feeling of happiness. Thank god for music.

The next time I did mushroom, a lower dose, I experienced the aliens again. I was outside this time, they were in the clouds, the leafs, my leg hairs, they were everywhere.  All of them as seemingly malevolent as ever.  This time around I was a little more intrigued then frightened, and even tried to speak to them.  They were still quite scary though.  This was may of 07.

I have not done mushrooms since.
Here is where this story of mushrooming becomes abnormal ( unless you tell me otherwise).  Not long after I tripped,I saw the aliens again while I wasn't on mushrooms.  Everything else about the feeling of mushrooms was gone, all I was experiencing out of the ordinary was alien faces forming in surfaces with lots of texture.  They didn't appear as define as they did while tripping, but a distinct face is noticed with all the alien features.  I realized I was having  a flashback and it didn't really bother me to much.  This was not the end though.  I  later started seeing the aliens again.  I never see them when I'm focused on a task or working on something, but I almost always see them when looking at  carpet,bumpy white walls, clouds, towels, or anything with a good amount of texture.  Its now 5 months since being on mushrooms.  I see these aliens probably at least on two or three occasions everyday.  It happens mostly when I'm waiting in a line (staring at the carpet), taking a shower ( looking at the shower curtain) or looking at the clouds.  Only on a couple occasions, at the beginning of when they started, did I get frightened.  I now can look at them indifferently, and often am easily able to carry on with whatever task I'm am doing.  Although they always make me wonder about if I have something wrong with me (i.e schizophrenia) or something else.  Which is why I'm writing this.

I do have a small history of psychological problems : Deep existential depression, and an extremely bad trip from marijuana and the PTSD that followed that trip : Depersonalization and night terrors.  Except for the odd day when I'm feeling a little down, I never reach that profound depression I used to know ( which was prior to any of my mushroom trips).

After all my mushroom trips, I have always felt amazing and much more positive afterwards (for months).  I actually partly attribute mushrooms as something that brought me out of my depression, I had some very life changing mystical experiences.

I felt it was important to mention my earlier problems, because I know things like often can cause issues with psychedelic drugs.

I wanted to mention, that besides these experiences,I am a normal guy.  I attend University, and live a stable happy life as a student athlete.

What are these hallucinations?
Will they go away?
Should I stay away from mushrooms  ?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineEcho7
Glad to be here.
Male

Re: Help! Having a slight psych problem. (caused by mushrooms) [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #9072804 - 10/13/08 07:45 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

The thing about recurring hallucinations is that thinking about them seems to bring them on, whether you are actually seeing them or not your interpretation inevitably changes when you convince yourself that it has changed.  I wouldn't "stay away" from mushrooms or other psychedelics as long as you still enjoy your trips or derive meaning from them in a way that is valuable to you, but if you find that stops occurring then I would say wait a good long while or just stop.

--------------------
One step at a time.

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

Re: Help! Having a slight psych problem. (caused by mushrooms) [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #9072858 - 10/13/08 08:01 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Take a low dose (2 grams worth or so) of mushrooms.

Embrace the aliens, and accept the fact that no matter what they do or how you trip, you will be A-OK once the trip is over.

--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
    #9072899 - 10/13/08 08:08 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I don't think taking more psychedelics is the answer to your problems if you're so disturbed by the hallucinations. You should lay off them for a while.

Anonymous #1

Re: Help! Having a slight psych problem. (caused by mushrooms) [Re: Le_Canard]
    #9072933 - 10/13/08 08:13 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I'm more interested in the implications of these non-drug-induced hallucinations I'm experiencing, and not so much whether I can take mushrooms again.  I was only including my earlier experience with mushrooms as medicine as sort of a fun fact.  In my own opinion, I'm not sure tripping more would help, but I'm not planning on tripping for a good while anyway.  Probably not until the aliens leave my mind.

InvisibleTalking Head
cheeseburger walrus
Female User Gallery

Re: Help! Having a slight psych problem. (caused by mushrooms) [Re: deCypher]
    #9073330 - 10/13/08 09:26 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

The Cypher said:

Embrace the aliens, no matter what.

--------------------
pt:    n  u  m  b  e  r  s  c  a  n  a  l  s  o  b  e  u
CT(a): BH AT CW CE KI LI LT KE AE BH AE KW LT AW CE KI AT
pt:    s  e  d  a  s  c  o  o  r  d  i  n  a  t  e  s
CT(a): LT KI KT AE LT KE AW AW LI KT BI BH AE LE KI LT
:docbrown:    :realawe:                :realpacman:

Outer Space Radio Network

Gcv Ujkv

Invisibledemiu5
humans, lol
 User Gallery

Loc: the popcorn stadium Flag
    #9073801 - 10/13/08 10:44 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Anonymous said:
I'm more interested in the implications of these non-drug-induced hallucinations I'm experiencing, and not so much whether I can take mushrooms again.  I was only including my earlier experience with mushrooms as medicine as sort of a fun fact.  In my own opinion, I'm not sure tripping more would help, but I'm not planning on tripping for a good while anyway.  Probably not until the aliens leave my mind.

look man, i'll be pretty straight with you.  i did a lot of a couple of chemicals in a short period of time and "suffered" from sober-hallucinations for quite some time.  the effects of dmt were more prevalent than lsd, but the after effects of abusing lsd have stuck with me much longer, and probably won't ever leave (i can slip into that state any time, with the right conditions.  it actually happened again this afternoon while walking on campus)

concerning the dmt, i was seeing people and insects and blips/blurs in my vision that weren't there, and it was to the point that it was interfering in my life (distracting me, breaking my concentration, waking me up at nite, etc...).  it took about 5 months without using any dimethyl for me to stop seeing/hearing things.  even if they were there, they were interfering in sober life

it took me almost a year to recover from abuse of psilocybin, but those were more of social/cognitive issues, as opposed to seeing and experiencing things whilst sober

lay off the drugs for a while.  it's definitely intriguing to see where you can go or take the experience, but it's not healthy or good for your brain.  please just trust me on this even if you don't understand the broken words i'm typing.

--------------------
channel your inner Larry David

OfflineEcho7
Glad to be here.
Male

Re: Help! Having a slight psych problem. (caused by mushrooms) [Re: demiu5]
    #9073832 - 10/13/08 10:48 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I've expanded my psychedelic repertoire from just mushrooms (and weed if that counts) to include LSD and DMT, and I do some kind of higher-echelon psychedelic at least once a month.  Not as a regiment but as an estimation of my habits, which are more sporadic than that.  I have found that in this time, my curiosity and cognition have advanced and, although certainly changed in some way, are not altered to the point that it has caused any disturbance in my life.  I do not doubt that what you say about these drugs is, in many cases, true, but I am merely suggesting that the solution is not necessarily to stop doing them.

--------------------
One step at a time.

OfflineCoolguy
Stranger
Re: Help! Having a slight psych problem. (caused by mushrooms) [Re: Echo7]
    #9169636 - 11/01/08 07:20 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

I could be totally wrong here but from what I understand drugs use has been linked to early onset of schizophrenia in people who are already predisposed. You really might want to consider talking to someone..

Coolguy.

OfflineintenttoDeMenT
DeMenTed lover
Female User Gallery

Re: Help! Having a slight psych problem. (caused by mushrooms) [Re: Coolguy]
    #9169658 - 11/01/08 07:25 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

That sounds really intense dude, when I do shrooms, its less visuals for me and more intense emotions and inner complexity...
I suppose you're afraid to really say anything to a professional about this

--------------------
We're All Mad Here

My Dials Are Pupilated.

Our subconscious minds have no sense of humor, play no jokes, and cannot tell the difference between reality and an imagined thought or image. What we continually think about will manifest itself in our lives.

JAMAIS VU
- No matter how well you know someone, They're always a stranger.

Did perpetual happiness in the Garden of Eden maybe get so boring that eating the apple was justified?

Offlinelines
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: USA
Re: Help! Having a slight psych problem. (caused by mushrooms) [Re: intenttoDeMenT]
    #9170124 - 11/01/08 09:37 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Don't tell a psychiatrist you are hallucinating. My best friend had a bad trip and he told a psychiatrist he had hallucinations and the psychiatrist gave him some drug that ended up making my friend stupid and and made him gain weight and my friend now has hand tremors too as a result of the drug.

As far as your experience goes my suggestion is you should stop using mushrooms... don't use LSD either and just make sure to get enough sleep each night and eat well. Eventually this experience you are having will go away on its own... just remain calm and act normal.

If weed causes you to experience undesireable states you should stop doing that too.

Maybe you should drink a little wine or something too.

Edited by lines (11/01/08 09:41 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag