Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePanamaFred
no sense of perspective

Loc: Flavor Country
Re: Blotter Paper? [Re: Plasmid]
    #9159986 - 10/30/08 04:34 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

they sell blotter paper for drying out flowers.  its a paper designed to absorb a maximum amount of moisture.  found them in my grandmas drawers and laughed my ass of when i saw she had a box of blotter paper.  so youll probably buy it from a little old lady in a craft shop.
dosing the paper might get you in a little trouble and I wont claim I know what size you;ll need I'm no mathematician.  I wanted to do this same thing a while ago since I thought it would be fun to design my own blotters but then I just got some klonopin and never did another thing for the rest of my life.

anyways, heres a great milligramscale accurate to the .oo1 for only 80 bucks, yah eighty bucks thats less than the price of a quarter once and will give you the percision you  need with these chemicals.
http://www.oldwillknottscales.com/proscale-gemological10.aspx
great company, I own this one  my self. do yourself a favor and just order this.
GOOD LUCK!!!  i've wanted to try the 2Cs for some time.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineEl Zorro
in heaven
Re: Blotter Paper? [Re: Plasmid]
    #9160028 - 10/30/08 04:45 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Plasmid said:
I am talking about sugar.  I didn't have 2C-X to test.  It won't make much difference.

Really?

You can disolve about 1.8grams of sugar in 1ml of room temp water.
With 2C-T-7 you can only get about 25mgs per ml.
Using ethanol only gets you slightly better.
So OBVIOUSLY it makes a HUGE difference.

So, how much blotter does it take to absorb 1ml?

That is the question, since we can only get about 1 dose per ml.

OfflineSirSmokesAlot
Business First
 User Gallery

Loc: Kentucky
Re: Blotter Paper? [Re: El Zorro]
    #9160088 - 10/30/08 05:02 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

El Zorro that's what i was trying to express. Different substances=a big difference when running tests like this.

--------------------
Skellyton
The Comprehensive Truth
Ignore all things posted above. Any thing I said, or said that I did is a complete and total lie.

OfflinePlasmid
Absent
Male

Re: Blotter Paper? [Re: El Zorro]
    #9161626 - 10/30/08 10:14 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

El Zorro said:
So OBVIOUSLY it makes a HUGE difference.

Nonsense.  Your argument hardly follows.  First of all, I said 2 mg for approx. 1 cm squared.  So, lets start with the assumption that we can't change the solvent or the temperature of the solvent.

Quote:

So, how much blotter does it take to absorb 1ml?

Why don't we look at it this way.  In order to get 5 mg of 2C-T-7 to dissolve, at 25 mg/mL, you need a whole 200 microliters.  Can a 1 cm squared peice of blotting paper absorb 200 microliters?  Hmm, yes I would think so.

Quote:

That is the question, since we can only get about 1 dose per ml.

Nonsense.  Even if we suppose that a 1 cm squared piece of blotter can absorb 100 microliters, what is so difficult to imagine about the following scenario:

allow said blotter to absorb the maximum amount of 2C-T-7 saturated solvent.
Let solvent evaporate.
2C-T-7 remains impregnated in blotter.
Take 2C-T-7 impregnated blotter, which is now dry, and allow it to absorb same saturated solution of 2C-T-7.
Allow solution to dry.

Assuming that each time the blotter soaks up solvent, it can pick up 0.1 mL of 2C-T-7 saturated solution, doing this twice effectively allows you to let the blotter pick up the contents of 0.2 mL of the solution.

The inherent limitation is not in how much solvent the blotter can absorb, but still in how much solid can be impregnated on the blotter.

===================

You can try a similar experiment for yourself.  Make a saturated solution of NaCl and measure the volume of that solution.  Let some paper (say a paper towel) soak up the solution, then let the solvent evaporate.  The paper towel will now be impregnated with NaCl.  If you resoak the impregnated paper towel in the saturated NaCl solution, the NaCl in the paper cannot redissolve, but more NaCl solution can be taken up into the paper towel again.  Once the second "dip" in the solution has evaporated, you have now increased the amount of NaCl in the paper towel, unless you'd already hit the upper limit.

==========================

Of course, your argument also ignores the fact that you can increase the solubility of substances by increasing pressure or temperature, etc.

OfflinePlasmid
Absent
Male

Re: Blotter Paper? [Re: SirSmokesAlot]
    #9161650 - 10/30/08 10:19 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

SirSmokesAlot said:
El Zorro that's what i was trying to express. Different substances=a big difference when running tests like this.

I already understood that you were trying to express that, but you have failed to give any explanation for why this is the case.  Then, if it is the case, you should explain how you know that blotter can't be impregnated with MORE 2C-whatever than sugar.

However, it largely won't make much difference.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order