Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinehomesqueeze
Stranger

Loc: Flag
Re: Really weird theory about CATNIP [Re: intenttoDeMenT]
    #9179492 - 11/03/08 07:53 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

intenttoDeMenT said:
Quote:

homesqueeze said:
i've smoked catnip before and it gives you a very mild buzz. I have also made tea and its better imo but still not worth it.  It tastes pretty good though.

Mild Buzz not a headache?
sweet.

I didn't get a headache. If you want to try it I would suggest making tea.  It is mildly euphoric but nothing to get too excited about.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineintenttoDeMenT
DeMenTed lover
Female User Gallery

Re: Really weird theory about CATNIP [Re: homesqueeze]
    #9179519 - 11/03/08 07:57 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

I'll try it eventually I'm sure...but you know how even shitty bud will give you a headache...just seemed likely catnip would

--------------------
We're All Mad Here

My Dials Are Pupilated.

Our subconscious minds have no sense of humor, play no jokes, and cannot tell the difference between reality and an imagined thought or image. What we continually think about will manifest itself in our lives.

JAMAIS VU
- No matter how well you know someone, They're always a stranger.

Did perpetual happiness in the Garden of Eden maybe get so boring that eating the apple was justified?

Offlineretrospect
Re: Really weird theory about CATNIP [Re: Ratci]
    #9180891 - 11/04/08 12:41 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Ratci said:
Marijuana is most DEFINITELY NOT a hallucinogen. You freak out because it makes you paranoid and intoxicates you, NOT because you are tripping. Marijuana is a stimulant.

Lol, you really have no idea what your talking about.

Offlinedeadlynightshade
Stranger
Male
Re: Really weird theory about CATNIP [Re: bomba88]
    #9181047 - 11/04/08 02:26 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

bomba88 said:

now that is a cat tripping...last time i gave a cat some catnip, it didnt do that fucked up shit.

that honestly looks like a large fan was blowing air over the cat, coming from the right. the right wall could have been a screen.

Offlinedeadlynightshade
Stranger
Male
Re: Really weird theory about CATNIP [Re: drunkenlawngnome]
    #9181048 - 11/04/08 02:27 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

drunkenlawngnome said:
catnip mimics a feline sex pheromone. read people.

:thumbup:  this is true. and so does valerian.

Offlinebomba88
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: strawberry fields
Re: Really weird theory about CATNIP [Re: deadlynightshade]
    #9181276 - 11/04/08 06:31 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

deadlynightshade said:
Quote:

bomba88 said:

now that is a cat tripping...last time i gave a cat some catnip, it didnt do that fucked up shit.

that honestly looks like a large fan was blowing air over the cat, coming from the right. the right wall could have been a screen.

i dont know about that. you can see the reflection, and if it was the cat wouldnt be moving all over the place with all four spread out...(like your mom) ok im sorry that was uncalled for  :vaped:

--------------------

Life is Good, but Dead is Better

InvisibleBlimeyGrimey
Collector of Spores
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Puget Sound
    #9181324 - 11/04/08 07:01 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Ratci said:
I repeat, Catnip is definitely a hallucinogen. It's a member of the mint family, like salvia divinorum, and gives cats both good and bad trips, as you'll see if you ever give a cat catnip and he becomes violently antisocial for the minutes he's tripping. It also makes them salivate copiously-- just like shrooms makes you cry and lsd makes you sweat.

Given this evidence, there is no way it's not considered an entheogen.

Besides, I asked a motherfuckin' vet.

Psilocybe montana is the type species for the genus Psilocybe. Psilocybe montana is NOT hallucinogenic!!

Just because something is in the same family as another plant/fungi/animal does not mean it also contains a hallucinogen.

Just because someone is a vet doesn't mean they know anything. I've been to doctors who have told me that the sore throat I had at the time was a viral infection. They then prescribed me antibiotics. In case you didn't know, antibiotics are useless against viral infections. The guy had a PhD but didn't know that or maybe he just forgot.

My eyes get all teary when my allergies act up. Does that mean the pollen that set off my allergies is also hallucinogenic? No.

Your logic is flawed.

--------------------
Message me for free microscopy services on Psilocybe, Panaeolus, and Gymnopilus species.

Looking for wild Panaeolus cinctulus and Panaeolus olivaceus prints.

OfflinePlasmid
Absent
Male

Re: Really weird theory about CATNIP [Re: intenttoDeMenT]
    #9192249 - 11/05/08 10:54 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

intenttoDeMenT said:
A friend of mine claimed to have smoked catnip.

I have used catnip as filler in my pipe (with weed or tobacco or just to smoke it) plenty of times.  I prefer catnip over tobacco because catnip has little taste.  Catnip has no effect on me.

I don't see what's so odd about smoking catnip.  I have a cat and tons of extra catnip.  Instead of mixing weed with tobacco, sometimes I use catnip because it is cheap and abundant and the smoke is very mild.

The substance cats respond to is, once again, called nepetalactone.  It is not an amine of any kind.

OfflineintenttoDeMenT
DeMenTed lover
Female User Gallery

Re: Really weird theory about CATNIP [Re: Plasmid]
    #9192259 - 11/05/08 10:56 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Plasmid said:
Quote:

intenttoDeMenT said:
A friend of mine claimed to have smoked catnip.

I have used catnip as filler in my pipe (with weed or tobacco or just to smoke it) plenty of times.  I prefer catnip over tobacco because catnip has little taste.  Catnip has no effect on me.

I don't see what's so odd about smoking catnip.  I have a cat and tons of extra catnip.  Instead of mixing weed with tobacco, sometimes I use catnip because it is cheap and abundant and the smoke is very mild.

The substance cats respond to is, once again, called nepetalactone.  It is not an amine of any kind.

good to know I can smoke catnip safely.

--------------------
We're All Mad Here

My Dials Are Pupilated.

Our subconscious minds have no sense of humor, play no jokes, and cannot tell the difference between reality and an imagined thought or image. What we continually think about will manifest itself in our lives.

JAMAIS VU
- No matter how well you know someone, They're always a stranger.

Did perpetual happiness in the Garden of Eden maybe get so boring that eating the apple was justified?

OfflinePlasmid
Absent
Male

#9192270 - 11/05/08 10:59 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Ratci said:
Catnip is, chemically, a hallucinogen. 

That is simply false.

First of all, catnip is not A chemical.
There is no chemical definition of "hallucinogen."
Hallucinogen is not a chemical classification of any kind.
Chemicals can have hallucinogenic effect, but you can't possibly say that something is a hallucinogen and say that "experience is irrelevant."  A hallucination has to be experienced.  A hallucinogen is not a chemical category.  It is a pharmacological category.

The substance cats respond to in catnip is:
NEPETALACTONE.

Chemically, nepetalactone is A LACTONE.
A lactone is a cyclic ester.

OfflinePlasmid
Absent
Male

#9192292 - 11/05/08 11:03 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Ratci said:
Marijuana is most DEFINITELY NOT a hallucinogen. 

I have to say that pretty much every post you have made in this thread is spreading blatant ignorance.  Please stop.

While it may be arguable whether or not you can primarily call marijuana a hallucinogen, it definitely has hallucinogenic effects in many people.

I also think it is absurd to say that marijuana is a stimulant.

Offlinegotem4dalolo
Stranger
    #9192303 - 11/05/08 11:05 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

id just stick to smokin weed or black n milds rather than catnip unless cat nip REALLY did fuck u up

OfflineRatci
Esper<3
Female User Gallery

Loc: Coumbia MD
Re: Really weird theory about CATNIP [Re: gotem4dalolo]
    #9192336 - 11/05/08 11:09 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Alright I've done some homework and realized everything I've said was totally wrong and dumb

I was caught up in the thought of how awesome it would be to find a way to be able to feel catnip's effects =P :shrug: :bigblunt:

--------------------
People like us, who believe in physics, know that the distinction between past, present, and future is only a stubbornly persistent illusion. --Albert Einstein

InvisibleEntropymancer
 User Gallery
    #9192516 - 11/05/08 11:38 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Plasmid said:

No more absurd than saying it's a hallucinogen.

Cannabis is a very singular drug, in that its effects on different people vary to an amazing degree. I know a lot of people on this board feel that it has psychedelic properties; I don't get that at all. For me, cannabis is primarily a stimulant. It wakes me up when I'm tired and gives me focus when I'm frazzled. It makes me much more motivated to do things I've been putting off. On the whole, the only stimulant I've tried that beats cannabis is amphetamine.

Of course, cannabis doesn't have a stimulant effect for everyone, just like it doesn't have a psychedelic or hallucinogenic effect for everyone. It's possible there's a genetic factor (presumably resulting from anandamide receptor variation among the population); apparently my mother is another person who gets a stimulant effect from cannabis.

OfflineInnoculus
 User Gallery

Loc: 0.0.0.1
Re: Really weird theory about CATNIP [Re: Entropymancer]
    #9192577 - 11/05/08 11:47 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Hahaha... Poor Ratci.  You're lucky though.  I think he was pretty nice about all that considering how horribly wrong it all was.  Keep up with the homework.

Had a good day today, Plasmid?

OfflineSirSmokesAlot
Business First
 User Gallery

Loc: Kentucky
    #9192609 - 11/05/08 11:53 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Entropymancer said:
Quote:

Plasmid said:

Cannabis is a very singular drug, in that its effects on different people vary to an amazing degree. I know a lot of people on this board feel that it has psychedelic properties; I don't get that at all. For me, cannabis is primarily a stimulant. It wakes me up when I'm tired and gives me focus when I'm frazzled. It makes me much more motivated to do things I've been putting off. On the whole, the only stimulant I've tried that beats cannabis is amphetamine.

Of course, cannabis doesn't have a stimulant effect for everyone, just like it doesn't have a psychedelic or hallucinogenic effect for everyone. It's possible there's a genetic factor (presumably resulting from anandamide receptor variation among the population); apparently my mother is another person who gets a stimulant effect from cannabis.

Do you still feel stimulated after smoking a 1/8 of a heavy indica in one sitting?

--------------------
Skellyton
The Comprehensive Truth
Ignore all things posted above. Any thing I said, or said that I did is a complete and total lie.

InvisibleEntropymancer
 User Gallery
Re: Really weird theory about CATNIP [Re: SirSmokesAlot]
    #9192647 - 11/05/08 11:58 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Not in a sitting, no. Over the course of a day, yes. Or at least a couple months ago that would have been the case, when I had the tolerance to smoke that much. Since I've only smoked twice in the last few months, I'm sure an eighth of anything would get me wrecked these days.

OfflinePlasmid
Absent
Male

#9192681 - 11/06/08 12:03 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Entropymancer said:
Quote:

Plasmid said:

I suppose that you could say that it is just as arguably a hallucinogen as it is a stimulant.  I disagree, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

OfflineRatci
Esper<3
Female User Gallery

Loc: Coumbia MD
    #9192837 - 11/06/08 12:29 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Wikipedia says it doesn't fit into any one category but "leans towards hallucinogenic properties"

I basically worship wikipedia, so I'll go with that.

--------------------
People like us, who believe in physics, know that the distinction between past, present, and future is only a stubbornly persistent illusion. --Albert Einstein

InvisibleEntropymancer
 User Gallery
    #9192850 - 11/06/08 12:32 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

What if I hop on wikipedia and change it to say that it "leans towards stimulant properties" :naughty:

The greatness and the downfall of wikipedia is the fact that anyone can edit it. I've come across article where people were peddling their own hairbrained schemes as truth (I editted the articles to reflect consensual reality of course). But basically, anyone can write anything on wikipedia. I could add into Karl Rove's entry some colorful bits about his consumtion of uncooked fetal flesh.

Wikipedia's a good starting point, but you've got to check the bibliography and evaluate claims based on their own merits.

Edited by Entropymancer (11/06/08 12:35 AM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix