Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTrippy Keith
Stranger
Hydros/Growing mushrooms in general outdoors
    #9159501 - 10/30/08 02:33 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

ive heard of hydros before, my friend who has hooked me up with other stuff is getting me some in a week or so, but i would like to grow some. i was wondering if hydros actually need to b grown underwater or not, and if it is possible to grow them in a place outdoors, perhaps burried outside or out in a park... a very small amount, a gram or so to plant. we r talking the actual shroom, not the spores or anything.

second of all, is there a method for mush in general that falls in this category? i dont want my parents finding out as i still live at home... dont wanna move out just yet, much cheaper w/ housing so high right now.

btw, if it helps at all, i live in abbotsford BC, Canada, moderate climates, little snow but lots of rain, starting about this time of year (i know right after shroom season is that gonna make a difference at all?)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineNibin
Getting there
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Hydros/Growing mushrooms in general outdoors [Re: Trippy Keith]
    #9159510 - 10/30/08 02:37 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Hydroponic mushrooms DO NOT EXIST. Whoever tells you they do is either repeating a rumour and has never grown mushrooms before in their life or trying to pull your leg, or bragging about something he does not know about.

And while you could make a bed outside, it would require preparation indoors first so no luck there.

Also, you must realize that you must grow mushrooms from spores, you can't plant a mushroom in the ground and expect it to grow.

--------------------
Newcomers guide-----> For all things shroomy

Offlinespiralofeyes
listen to black sabbath!
Male

#9159537 - 10/30/08 02:44 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Dude,read some of the articles in the FAQ to get a grasp of
the lifecycle of the mushroom and the basics of mushroom cultivation.
Then post a new thread.This one just shows that you didn't even take the time to read up on the basics and it's going to get you flamed.
No offense,though. We've all been noobs at one point or another.

Aquatic shrooms,LOL:crazy2:

Edited by spiralofeyes (10/30/08 02:46 PM)

Offlinescubabuddha
friend of a friend of a friend
Male

Loc: Boulder, CO
Re: Hydros/Growing mushrooms in general outdoors [Re: Nibin]
    #9159541 - 10/30/08 02:46 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

^^ said it perfectly. plus you're in your parent's house still, so you shouldn't be doing any cultivation indoors...

--------------------

Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: UK Flag
Re: Hydros/Growing mushrooms in general outdoors [Re: scubabuddha]
    #9159580 - 10/30/08 02:56 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

how old are you?

--------------------

PF TEK - writeup by EvilMushroom666
Lets Grow Mushrooms - RogerRabbit & RoadKills website with sample videos plus the full PF TEK video series. Alot of great information - BUY THE DVD
Cakes can and will pin! - So you think cakes suck for pins. Your wrong
Franks Simple Coir/Verm Tek
Franks Proper Pasturisation Tek
Franks Spawning To Bulk - Monotub
Professor Pinheads RTV Injection Port Tek
Foo Mans No Soak WBS Prep Tek

OfflineNibin
Getting there
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Hydros/Growing mushrooms in general outdoors [Re: veda_sticks]
    #9159591 - 10/30/08 02:58 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

veda_sticks said:
how old are you?

Naughty Veda, I noze why yous asking dis

--------------------

OfflineTrippy Keith
Stranger
    #9159657 - 10/30/08 03:16 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

lol im 18, but i cant afford a house or rent. thanks guys

OfflineTrippy Keith
Stranger
    #9159664 - 10/30/08 03:18 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

i thought hydros might b just a name for a certain type, whether they're actually aquatic or not. so there is no shrooms called aquatics at all that exist? and i have read up a little bit, but im finding a little troubles finding specifics, so i asked for a certain link... btw, wat r cakes?

OfflineJeets
Stranger

#9159679 - 10/30/08 03:21 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

ok now i'm convinced this is a joke lol

Offlinefghtffyrdmns
Stranger
    #9159695 - 10/30/08 03:24 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Trippy Keith said:
i thought hydros might b just a name for a certain type, whether they're actually aquatic or not. so there is no shrooms called aquatics at all that exist? and i have read up a little bit, but im finding a little troubles finding specifics, so i asked for a certain link... btw, wat r cakes?

Cake - A sweet baked food made of flour, liquid, eggs, and other ingredients, such as raising agents and flavorings.

Sorry guys, figured I'd get in on the joke.

OfflineNibin
Getting there
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #9159717 - 10/30/08 03:30 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Trippy Keith said:

http://www.shroomery.org/4/Grow-Mushrooms

All the info you'll ever need.

--------------------

Offlinefr33d0mfry
Ghettorig Guru
Male User Gallery

#9159736 - 10/30/08 03:36 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

There are most certainly aquatic mushrooms... My friend who is standing in the room behind me playing hackysack right now, has a huge tropical fishtank at his house full of exotic fish, and aquatic plantlife, he also has aquatic mushrooms growing in there, im almost certain they aren't illegal to grow.

No clue what their specie or genera are.

--------------------
I am the first person to admit that I'm wrong about something, If I post anything misinforming or misleading, do not hesitate to call me out on it. IF I'm actually wrong, that is. I usually wont post something unless i know it to be 100% true, but mistakes happen.
If you try to tell me i'm wrong about something im positive of, i will argue with you until you stop breathing.

OfflineNibin
Getting there
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Hydros/Growing mushrooms in general outdoors [Re: fr33d0mfry]
    #9159776 - 10/30/08 03:45 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

fr33d0mfry said:
There are most certainly aquatic mushrooms... My friend who is standing in the room behind me playing hackysack right now, has a huge tropical fishtank at his house full of exotic fish, and aquatic plantlife, he also has aquatic mushrooms growing in there, im almost certain they aren't illegal to grow.

One thing is that they grow underwater and another is that they are capable of growing hydroponically that is, without the mycelium living inside a solid substrate. Those underwater fungi are on the bottom aren't they?

--------------------

Offlinefr33d0mfry
Ghettorig Guru
Male User Gallery

#9159818 - 10/30/08 03:54 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Nibin said:
Quote:

fr33d0mfry said:

One thing is that they grow underwater and another is that they are capable of growing hydroponically that is, without the mycelium living inside a solid substrate. Those underwater fungi are on the bottom aren't they?

Nosir, they're growing out of an aquatic plant of sorts, which would be their substrate.
I wasn't commenting on "hydroponic" mushrooms, which in fact, do not exist... or rather, nobody has found a way to grow mushrooms hydroponically YET(im optimistic xD)

Just saying, there are mushrooms that grow underwater.

--------------------
I am the first person to admit that I'm wrong about something, If I post anything misinforming or misleading, do not hesitate to call me out on it. IF I'm actually wrong, that is. I usually wont post something unless i know it to be 100% true, but mistakes happen.
If you try to tell me i'm wrong about something im positive of, i will argue with you until you stop breathing.

OfflineTrippy Keith
Stranger

Re: Hydros/Growing mushrooms in general outdoors [Re: fr33d0mfry]
    #9160049 - 10/30/08 04:52 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

i was asking for a definition, i havent been able to find wat a cake is.

essentially, does anyone know if this is a bad time of yr for outdoor growing? i found a thread that will help me w/ that. second of all, do spore prints get the prints out of the shroom? i know it sounds dumb, i just want to b absolutely sure.

btw, http://www.shroomery.org/8772/What-are-hydroponic-mushrooms

now it mentions "grain substrates or brown rice flour 'cakes'", but ive read a lot of MUSHROOM cakes, and nothing about grain ones. im confused...

Offlinedead
grateful
Male User Gallery

Loc: North pole
    #9160092 - 10/30/08 05:03 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Trippy Keith said:
now it mentions "grain substrates or brown rice flour 'cakes'", but ive read a lot of MUSHROOM cakes, and nothing about grain ones. im confused...

:rofl:

--------------------
"The third eye. You spend years doing everything you can to open it and then the damn thing opens and your friends laugh at you when you tell them you can see their souls behind their eyes burning like rainbows."

Links:
:regularshroom:Nibin's Guide for Noobs
:regularshroom:some easy teks on bulk & grain prep. (my journal)

OfflineTrippy Keith
Stranger

Re: Hydros/Growing mushrooms in general outdoors [Re: dead]
    #9160136 - 10/30/08 05:15 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

great. thanks for the help. essentially ignore my other questions about cakes, wat is a PF cake, wat does it stand for, and wat r some general ingredients? ill delete this post if i find the answer first.

OfflineVermonster420
I gotta have more cowbell !
 User Gallery

Loc: Standin' On the Moon
Re: Hydros/Growing mushrooms in general outdoors [Re: dead]
    #9160146 - 10/30/08 05:17 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Unfortunately, there happens to be a minimum reading comprehension skill requirement that must be met to engage in the cultivation of any genus, species, strain of mushroom.  If this requirement is not met by the inquiring enthusiast-to-be, no amount of information or guidance can propagate success.
Luckily, with modern technology we can offer you the video based instructional techniques as mentioned in the post by Nibin or also found on youtube by searching "PF TEK."  However, you must be able to read this post and understand the words I am typing to be able to proceed.
To quote my father, "Son, Life is tough...tougher if you're stupid."

Good luck.

--------------------
To thine own self be true.
That which does not kill me makes me stronger.
Ass...it's the NEW pussy!
"Gungah-DeGungah"

OfflineTrippy Keith
Stranger

Re: Hydros/Growing mushrooms in general outdoors [Re: Vermonster420]
    #9160179 - 10/30/08 05:23 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Vermonster420 said:
Unfortunately, there happens to be a minimum reading comprehension skill requirement that must be met to engage in the cultivation of any genus, species, strain of mushroom.  If this requirement is not met by the inquiring enthusiast-to-be, no amount of information or guidance can propagate success.
Luckily, with modern technology we can offer you the video based instructional techniques as mentioned in the post by Nibin or also found on youtube by searching "PF TEK."  However, you must be able to read this post and understand the words I am typing to be able to proceed.
To quote my father, "Son, Life is tough...tougher if you're stupid."

Good luck.

great just caus i have troubles finding something, NOT HAVING TROUBLES READING u say i cant read? thats a diss. i just asked wat a pf cake is.

ive got everything else, i just need a pf cake i found my method and everything else. believe me i have a high reading comprehension, does straight A student sound like someone who doesnt?

Offlinedead
grateful
Male User Gallery

Loc: North pole
    #9160198 - 10/30/08 05:27 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

I'm sorry, but your post sounded like a joke.
Also mouthing off at your first posts is not likely to get you any good answers, mr. straight A student.

Anyway, a PF cake is a cake of substrate made from brown rice flour and vermiculite. It is inoculated with P. Cubensis spores in a spore syringe, incubated in a suitable temperature, then birthed at 100% colonization and placed into the fruiting chamber.

--------------------
"The third eye. You spend years doing everything you can to open it and then the damn thing opens and your friends laugh at you when you tell them you can see their souls behind their eyes burning like rainbows."

Links:
:regularshroom:Nibin's Guide for Noobs
:regularshroom:some easy teks on bulk & grain prep. (my journal)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract