Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleTEAL_MUST_DIE
hobbes was right
Male

love shrooms, never done acid, should i be scare to try?
    #9159252 - 10/30/08 01:10 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I love mushrooms. i've tripped on shrooms 5 times before from level 2 to 4. i'm considering trying acid sometime but something inside me tells me that maybe i should just stick to mushrooms.

am i missing out on a lot? or could i learn anything from acid that i might not be able to learn from shrooms?

thoughts, comments?

--------------------
:megapsycrankey:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRedrawing
Psychonaut

Re: love shrooms, never done acid, should i be scare to try? [Re: TEAL_MUST_DIE]
    #9159257 - 10/30/08 01:11 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Never fear!

--------------------

I'm an insect who dreamt he was a man and loved it, but now that dream is over and the insect is awake

Invisibleblkjkrabbit

Re: love shrooms, never done acid, should i be scare to try? [Re: TEAL_MUST_DIE]
    #9159265 - 10/30/08 01:12 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

buy the ticket take the ride. acid is very different, take some and see for yourself :thumbup:

OfflineLSDreamer
Materialist
Male

Re: love shrooms, never done acid, should i be scare to try? [Re: Redrawing]
    #9159269 - 10/30/08 01:13 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Yes, you're missing out. Anybody who says that acid is in any way more dangerous or "hardcore" or what have you than mushrooms has no idea what they're talking about.

--------------------

Offlinewildchild68
lion in a coma
 User Gallery

Re: love shrooms, never done acid, should i be scare to try? [Re: Redrawing]
    #9159270 - 10/30/08 01:13 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Try it once at least.

If you don't like it, don't continue using it. But something tells me you will like it.:D

--------------------

Offlinedwtk
it all rolls into one
Male User Gallery

Loc: Franklin's Tower
Re: love shrooms, never done acid, should i be scare to try? [Re: wildchild68]
    #9159288 - 10/30/08 01:17 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

If you can handle a decent amount of shrooms, you can absolutely handle acid. A lot of people think its clearheadedness is what makes it "easier" compared to the mushroom mindfuck :thumbup:

At least I feel that way :laugh:

edit: POST 666 :evil:

--------------------

Edited by dwtk (10/30/08 01:18 PM)

Invisible04281969
Hobbyist
Male User Gallery

Re: love shrooms, never done acid, should i be scare to try? [Re: wildchild68]
    #9159294 - 10/30/08 01:20 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I think people hear "ACID" and think it's going to burn out their insides or something.  Call it LSD if that comforts you.  But, YES.  Take some.

InvisibleSet
candy colored clown
 User Gallery

Loc: right near da beach Flag
    #9159297 - 10/30/08 01:20 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

LSD is awesome, there's nothing to be afraid of. 

I think acid trips are easier to control than mushroom trips, generally speaking anyway.  It all depends on set and setting, and of course how much you take.  You shouldn't dose too low, I'd recommend 2 hits for your first time since you're already familiar with tripping.

I tend to be more introspective with mushrooms than with acid, but they're different drugs so you'll learn new things based on comparison at the very least.

Go for it :thumbup:

--------------------
    classic LOVELINE

Offlinesweetninja
cultivator
Female User Gallery

Loc: Washington, USA
Re: love shrooms, never done acid, should i be scare to try? [Re: dwtk]
    #9159302 - 10/30/08 01:22 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I loved it! Dont be scared you will have a great time. when I did it it felt like I had the best body high ever (almost like MDMA) but there were great visuals too. Amazing experience and im a lightweight. :grin:

--------------------
"What if I should fall right through the center of the earth... oh, and come out the other side, where people walk upside down."

Offlinebtm1111
Psychonaut
Male

Loc: Dallas, Tx
Re: love shrooms, never done acid, should i be scare to try? [Re: sweetninja]
    #9159327 - 10/30/08 01:31 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Take it and see for yourself! Personally, I think if you have an appreciation for mushrooms you will probably have a similar appreciation for LSD.

OfflineDudeyourgone
Gone...
Male User Gallery
Loc: California
Re: love shrooms, never done acid, should i be scare to try? [Re: btm1111]
    #9159336 - 10/30/08 01:35 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I've done it once but i used to think the same thing... "oh shit acid sounds hard maybe i shouldnt try it". But i dropped two hits at Disneyland and fucking loved it!!! Until i started to freak out that everyone knew i was tripping bawls. Cuz at nite i had to take my shades off and my pupils were gigantic and i was sweating so bad

OfflineAmbience
Ex-Consumer/Producer
Male

Loc: USA
Re: love shrooms, never done acid, should i be scare to try? [Re: Dudeyourgone]
    #9159362 - 10/30/08 01:42 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

It affects everyone differently. Someone just said mushrooms cloud their mind and acid clears it. Well for me it's the exact opposite. I'm a retard on acid. Nothing makes sense, I can't think, and I mess up simple things. On mushrooms I can think, explore, and control my mind and trip but I stutter and have troubles making complete sentences.

Mushrooms are more cringy, they make your insides twist and sometimes your body follows. Acid feels synthetic (unless you take the natural stuff) and makes your joints cringe. I get charlie horses from acid and it lasts til the next day.

On mushrooms I don't mind day tripping, but on acid I fear the sun as if I were a vampire. My shades never leave my face on an acid trip.

Both mushrooms and acid can have long term effects on your brain, but acid tends to have worse effects. I can feel acid for days after my trip, and I can't focus on something for too long or it will start to melt away, even sober.

It's all about how it affects you and what you prefer.

I say try it. If you like it you found a new drug, if not mushrooms will still be here.

Invisiblefireduck
I registered before you
Re: love shrooms, never done acid, should i be scare to try? [Re: Ambience]
    #9159434 - 10/30/08 02:08 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

If you love mushrooms, you will probably like LSD, although you never know which one you like more until you try both a few times.  For me, I like LSD better.

I find medium sized doses to be fairly similar experiences.  They are different for sure, and high doses definitely have their own flavor.  With mushrooms I have completely lost touch with reality (though I have never really intended to), but even when I've taken 20 or 30 hits of acid and other people are freaking out on 1/2 of what I took, I stay much more grounded on LSD - of course I would be tripping really really hard, but I could probably figure out a tree was a tree and not some earthen god telling me how he created me with energy from his own father.

Offlinekrypto2000
Unknown

#9159484 - 10/30/08 02:28 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Ambience said:
Acid feels synthetic (unless you take the natural stuff) and makes your joints cringe.

Acid is Acid, there is no such thing as natural vs unnatural acid.

Quote:

Ambience said:
Both mushrooms and acid can have long term effects on your brain, but acid tends to have worse effects. I can feel acid for days after my trip, and I can't focus on something for too long or it will start to melt away, even sober.

Please elaborate, both mushrooms and LSD are 100% physically harmless. They could cause mental problems but imo that's only if you're prone to them to begin with. That's a hot topic of debate, but there's no scientific reason to believe there's any danger in taking either. If anything, in most peoples opinions that I've heard, as well as my own, acid is more lucid and clear headed leading to an easier trip and thus less mental 'damage' afterward. By damage I only am referring to a traumatic experience, same way as maybe seeing a friend get killed in front of you might traumatize you.

OfflineAltecLansing
Trafalgar Square Pigeon Fiasco
Male

Loc: Michigan
Re: love shrooms, never done acid, should i be scare to try? [Re: 04281969]
    #9159646 - 10/30/08 03:14 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

04281969 said:
I think people hear "ACID" and think it's going to burn out their insides or something.  Call it LSD if that comforts you.  But, YES.  Take some.

Exactly, I've had people actually say "Well it's even called ACID!!"

I could call milk screaming death water too.

--------------------
I don't use jelly.

InvisibleMr Cyan
Re: love shrooms, never done acid, should i be scare to try? [Re: AltecLansing]
    #9159689 - 10/30/08 03:23 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

It's somewhat commonly known that acid is less likely to result in a bad trip than mushrooms. For some people, this makes no difference (those of us who are avid believers in "never a bad trip"). But if you are scared of having a bad trip, than you are better off to begin using acid instead of mushrooms, versus sticking to shrooms & never giving a good fuck with lucy :heart::thumbup:

InvisibleMr Cyan
    #9159704 - 10/30/08 03:26 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

AltecLansing said:
Quote:

04281969 said:

The word "acid" scared me until I ate acid. Now, I am enamored by it, & I find the word acid to actually turn me on psychedelically... Do you guys get this same feeling? I like to call it acid more than LSD, simply because acid gives that impression of SCARY, which I do believe there is a certain respect of the scariness of acid, which I have gained great respect for

Offlinecactastic
You must be shroomin'

Loc: Earth
Re: love shrooms, never done acid, should i be scare to try? [Re: Mr Cyan]
    #9159724 - 10/30/08 03:32 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I'm kinda in the same boat. I've done shrooms many times, but never acid. I think its just fear of trying a new thing. I used to be more scared of shrooms too. But every time I started to trip I would be like "Whats wrong with being here?" Nothing at all! Tripping is great! I'd try acid. My problem is I wouldn't know where to get it and I can grow my own mushrooms, so I've stuck with that.

--------------------
I'm on YT

My 10+ year old Lophophoras that I grew from seed make the occasional appearance with lots of other cacti, succulents and houseplants.

Offlinedead
grateful
Male User Gallery

Loc: North pole
Re: love shrooms, never done acid, should i be scare to try? [Re: cactastic]
    #9159730 - 10/30/08 03:35 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Acid is not for every head, but if you like shrooms there's a good chance you will like acid.

--------------------
"The third eye. You spend years doing everything you can to open it and then the damn thing opens and your friends laugh at you when you tell them you can see their souls behind their eyes burning like rainbows."

Links:
:regularshroom:Nibin's Guide for Noobs
:regularshroom:some easy teks on bulk & grain prep. (my journal)

OfflineAltecLansing
Male

Re: love shrooms, never done acid, should i be scare to try? [Re: Mr Cyan]
    #9159732 - 10/30/08 03:35 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Mr Cyan said:
Quote:

AltecLansing said:
Quote:

04281969 said:

The word "acid" scared me until I ate acid. Now, I am enamored by it, & I find the word acid to actually turn me on psychedelically... Do you guys get this same feeling? I like to call it acid more than LSD, simply because acid gives that impression of SCARY, which I do believe there is a certain respect of the scariness of acid, which I have gained great respect for

I get that, now that I've done it a few times the sound of the word "acid" kind of puts that glint in my eye.

--------------------
I don't use jelly.

InvisibleMr Cyan
    #9159762 - 10/30/08 03:42 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I know that the slang term "acid" comes from the fact that the chemical compound is a lysergic acid. However, I tend to think the psychedelic quality of it is perfectly described by the word "acid". Acid eats things, just like LSD eats your reality, your ego, your perceptions. Theres this movie, I forget the name, it's about a volcano eruption in a small town with the actor from the James Bonds' from the 90's (I'm not good with names). They are in a boat, after the volcano erupted, & the water has turned acidic.. the little girl notices this & screams "ACID EATS METAL!" hahaha that line makes me crack up every time.

Offlinedreamer25
wizard
 User Gallery

Re: love shrooms, never done acid, should i be scare to try? [Re: cactastic]
    #9159853 - 10/30/08 04:06 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Acid is nothing to be afraid of.  Just make sure your source is reliable, has tried some, has a good idea of how clean it is, and is preferably someone you can trust. 

I think it was Tim Leary who once said "there is no such thing as bad acid, just acid that's been made wrong", I think this is very true.  I can't say for sure, but I'm willing to assume that most of the people who experience difficult and uncomfortable acid trips either weren't getting good acid, or it was something else entirely.  Unless your getting this stuff from some shady character you just met on the street then you have nothing to worry about.

--------------------
"we are a little bit of eternity, sticking into three dimensional space.  and for some reason, occupying time in a monkey body."

-Terence Mckenna

OfflineNihlus
ζ
Male

Loc: PNW
Re: love shrooms, never done acid, should i be scare to try? [Re: dreamer25]
    #9160185 - 10/30/08 05:24 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I'm sick of hearing all this flashback bullshit. Is it really that big of a deal?

Offlinebongoboy2000
Bongoboy2000
Male
Loc: Seattle
Re: love shrooms, never done acid, should i be scare to try? [Re: Nihlus]
    #9160345 - 10/30/08 06:02 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Acid scares me way less than mushrooms. (I've done both several times)
After the first couple LSD trips, I could now take it almost anywhere without thinking twice. When it starts to kick in, it's like, oh boy here we go! things get colorful, i think a lot, and it's great. There's no worry about tomorrow, or myself, or problems...people don't freak me out, it's just easy going and great.
I took 4 hits last weekend and went to the biggest rave in the country (monster massive, 70,000 people.) It was fucking insane, but never once did I feel overwhelmed.

If I think about dosing mushrooms, I feel like I have to plan it juuust right. I have to have the next day off, I have to have a perfectly serene environment, and even still, it's an emotional mind-fuck. Even on small doses, I always end up crying. lol..
Mushrooms are a lot deeper for me.
But the biggest thing is, it's different for everybody and you won't know unless you try it.

so try it!!!

--------------------
...I got nothin..

OfflineAmbience
Ex-Consumer/Producer
Male

Re: love shrooms, never done acid, should i be scare to try? [Re: krypto2000]
    #9161425 - 10/30/08 09:31 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

krypto2000 said:

Quote:

Ambience said:

Please elaborate, both mushrooms and LSD are 100% physically harmless. They could cause mental problems but imo that's only if you're prone to them to begin with. That's a hot topic of debate, but there's no scientific reason to believe there's any danger in taking either. If anything, in most peoples opinions that I've heard, as well as my own, acid is more lucid and clear headed leading to an easier trip and thus less mental 'damage' afterward. By damage I only am referring to a traumatic experience, same way as maybe seeing a friend get killed in front of you might traumatize you.

While tripping I tend to have problems talking, or thinking, or doing easy task right. For a couple days afterwards that effect sticks, and makes me more off-guard. For long periods of time afterwards (more with acid), whatever I focus on still breathes and melts away.

OfflineAltecLansing
Male

#9161589 - 10/30/08 10:08 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Ambience said:

While tripping I tend to have problems talking, or thinking, or doing easy task right.

Hmm... imagine that...

--------------------
I don't use jelly.

InvisiblePsilocybinMind
Herb Nerd

#9161759 - 10/30/08 10:40 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

It's amazing and defiantly worth a try! :psychsplit:

--------------------

Invisiblemagikgrl
~Inevitable~
Female User Gallery

Re: love shrooms, never done acid, should i be scare to try? [Re: PsilocybinMind]
    #9161792 - 10/30/08 10:46 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I agree with all the cats in the thread. Speaking from experience I too was a bit hesitant on taking LSD ( I had taken shrooms ) but then I just did it, and boy I was glad I did!! It's so much clearer. If that makes any sense. Fuck I love me some cid

--------------------

"In the 60s people took acid to make the world weird. Now the world is weird and people take Prozac to make it normal...go figure."

Becoming human was not part of the plan...

I wish I could be as high as my tolerance-danlennon

Reality is a crutch for those that can't cope with drugs.

OfflinePlasmid
Absent
Male

#9161933 - 10/30/08 11:16 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

IMO, the only substantial difference between shrooms (psilocin) and LSD are that LSD lasts twice as long and has more stimulant effect.  Otherwise, I find them to be almost entirely identical (many here disagree with this so wholeheartedly as to call me a moron or to suggest that I've never even taken drugs). YMMV.

IMO, many of the opinions which people will give about, for example, LSD being "less natural" or "more analytical" or whatever are not reflections of actual inherent properties of the drug, but are largely reflections of the user's mind.

IMO, the same goes for my own perceptions of these drugs, but I think that the fact that people can see these substances with such high variability really just goes to show that nobody can really tell YOU what to expect.

IMO, you can't really learn much from psychedelics anyway.

IMO, if you lived your whole life without taking LSD, you wouldn't be missing much.  That's not to say that LSD isn't nifty and everything, but all in all, it's not like it'd be some tragedy if you never got to take LSD.

Quote:

something inside me tells me that maybe i should just stick to mushrooms.

That something is called an ignorant preconception.

InvisibleMr Cyan
    #9161960 - 10/30/08 11:20 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Nihlus said:
I'm sick of hearing all this flashback bullshit. Is it really that big of a deal?

There is no such thing as an "acid flashback", rather just a "fashback", which is all the same as war veterans having a flashback. A flashback is defined by a highly emotional experience, in which certain variables can bring back this emotion, hence reminding the person of this experience. I have acid flashbacks probably once every couple of weeks.. Usually, I'll feel very full in my chest, & then my vision will soften turning all lights a soft orange. I get very excited when this happens. It's not because the acid is stored in your spine or anything like that, it's purely mental.

InvisibleMr Cyan
    #9161990 - 10/30/08 11:24 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

dreamer25 said:
Acid is nothing to be afraid of.  Just make sure your source is reliable, has tried some, has a good idea of how clean it is, and is preferably someone you can trust. 

I think it was Tim Leary who once said "there is no such thing as bad acid, just acid that's been made wrong", I think this is very true.  I can't say for sure, but I'm willing to assume that most of the people who experience difficult and uncomfortable acid trips either weren't getting good acid, or it was something else entirely.  Unless your getting this stuff from some shady character you just met on the street then you have nothing to worry about.

I don't think I agree with this. If it's been made wrong than it wouldn't be acid. How do you make acid wrong, it has to be a certain molecule? If it's one compound off than it will be a different molecule, which is not acid. I'm not a chemist, by any means, & have definitely never produced my own acid. But this is just my logical thinking, so I could be completely wrong.

OfflineDreamSignals
Morphogenetic Truth

Loc: the void
    #9162411 - 10/31/08 12:25 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Man as much as I love mushrooms, I will never forget the first times on acid, it was quite the journey. With some friends it's even better.

--------------------

Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law. (93)
Love is the law, love under will. (93 93/93)

Offlinekrypto2000
Unknown

Re: love shrooms, never done acid, should i be scare to try? [Re: Plasmid]
    #9163122 - 10/31/08 06:41 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Plasmid said:IMO, the only substantial difference between shrooms (psilocin) and LSD are that LSD lasts twice as long and has more stimulant effect.  Otherwise, I find them to be almost entirely identical (many here disagree with this so wholeheartedly as to call me a moron or to suggest that I've never even taken drugs). YMMV.

I tend to agree. I can certainly tell the difference between the two, and I have my preferences at times, but I always say they take you to the same place. They're just two different means of getting there.

Offlinetomexe
'lets paint'
Male
Loc: out there
    #9163200 - 10/31/08 07:30 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

from my experiences i think that acid is a bit of a step up from mushrooms, however i have done acid about twice the amount of times that i have done mushrooms. I dont think you should be scared at all, just make sure that your in a comfortable place for your first time and enjoy it! i certainly did.

OfflineAltecLansing
Male

Re: love shrooms, never done acid, should i be scare to try? [Re: tomexe]
    #9163240 - 10/31/08 07:54 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I've tripped a lot, I mean a lot of times on shrooms. Still, the first time I dropped acid it was like having my first psychedelic experience all over again. Don't pass it up. Shrooms throw you out of your head, while acid takes your hand and walks you over the threshold.

--------------------
I don't use jelly.

Offlinedreamer25
wizard
 User Gallery

#9163664 - 10/31/08 10:11 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Nihlus said:

I have personally had 50+ trips on LSD and have never once experienced any kind of "acid flashback".  That is only in my personal experience though so I can't say there is no such thing...

--------------------
"we are a little bit of eternity, sticking into three dimensional space.  and for some reason, occupying time in a monkey body."

-Terence Mckenna

OfflineInnoculus
 User Gallery

Loc: 0.0.0.1
    #9163674 - 10/31/08 10:14 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I JUST ATE 13 GRAMS OF SUGAR AND I'M TRIPPIN BALLSS!!!!!  Stay away from fun dip, kids!

OfflinePlasmid
Absent
Male

Re: love shrooms, never done acid, should i be scare to try? [Re: Innoculus]
    #9164688 - 10/31/08 01:55 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I have had what I would call "acid flashbacks" in the sense of the term that I have heard used.

Flashback as re-experiencing the acute perceptual changes which occur under the influence of the drug.

When I was 16, I had a very overwhelming acid trip.  It was, to make a long story short, way too powerful for what I was ready for and was the only LSD experience I've had that involved true hallucinations (not only seeing and hearing things that weren't there, but actually being convinced that they were real).

For about five months after, every night when I tried to sleep, I would experience visuals.  Objects would "melt."  Now, I have heard people say that flashbacks only make you notice things which were always there and you never noticed before.  This is not the case for what I was experiencing.  I mean, objects would move and wiggle and melt when I got tired and tried to sleep (easily comparable to a strong "level 3" experience by the Graeme system).  This slowly diminished in effect over the following months.

I had two very powerful "flashback" experiences.  Once after waking up from a disturbing nightmare, I was having visuals that I have only had while on high doses of LSD, shrooms, DXM, ketamine, etc.  My bookshelves were not just shifting around and moving, but they were morphing into faces that were looking at me and laughing at me.  This effect persisted for about five minutes.  This was easily comparable to a "level 4" experience by the same system.  Objects were not just distorted, but were appearing to turn into completely different objects.

Now, these experiences are not "flashbacks" in the sense of actually believing that I was re-experiencing something from the past. These were "flashbacks" in the sense of the word which I commonly hear used to describe "acid flashbacks."  It may be a misnomer, but I can tell you that I am not the only person who has experienced this kind of thing.  It certainly does happen.

OfflineInnoculus
 User Gallery

Loc: 0.0.0.1
    #9164818 - 10/31/08 02:27 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Does this mostly occur in the traumatizing sense or can it also happen when things go exceedingly well?

OfflineAmbience
Ex-Consumer/Producer
Male

#9168179 - 11/01/08 01:32 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Both. It's just like when you are with someone for a long time and you learn their smell. Then whatever smells like that or similar in the near future will remind you of said person.

OfflinePlasmid
Absent
Male

#9168355 - 11/01/08 02:19 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Innoculus said:
Does this mostly occur in the traumatizing sense or can it also happen when things go exceedingly well?

I never had a positive experience with LSD or shrooms that was so powerful as the one bad trip.
The nightmare induced 'flashbacks' were in the traumatic sense.
I think that what I experience now (eg. objects shifting and moving when I'm tired) has nothing to do with the emotional content.  I think it's just the result of exposure to a lot of hallucinogens.

InvisibleMisterMuscaria
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #9168364 - 11/01/08 02:20 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

YES! Be afraid! Be very afraid!!!

OfflineredHue
Champion of the Sun
Male

Loc: the B
Re: love shrooms, never done acid, should i be scare to try? [Re: MisterMuscaria]
    #9168725 - 11/01/08 03:44 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

i have a forever love for shrooms, i'm kind of a naturalist type person, so i love that they can be grow, just like pot.  i've always been able to find shrooms way easier than acid too, ever since the beginning of my psychadelic days...

however, as much as i love mushrooms, i think i like acid better.  they both have their goods and bads, and definately have different applications.  the only reason i havent taken acid more than mushrooms is that i can never get the stuff, and when its really good, my friends dont wanna get rid of it...  lucy is a hard girl to get ahold of, i leave messages but the chick never calls me back!

--------------------

InvisibleTEAL_MUST_DIE
hobbes was right
Male

#9168873 - 11/01/08 04:16 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Plasmid said:

that's totally not my case,

cheers.

--------------------

OfflinePlasmid
Absent
Male

#9169674 - 11/01/08 07:30 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

:grin:
you're asking for it . . .

If you want to believe that, it's up to you.  IMO, you're kidding yourself. :spank:

OfflineAnotherDimension
Wanderer in the Land of the Lost

#9169814 - 11/01/08 08:08 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Ain't nothing drugs can teach you
That you ain't learned before
Just when it's drugs that's talkin'
You tend to listen more

--------------------
Another Dimension
---------------------------
"Come, and trip it as ye go,
On the light fantastick toe."

OfflineintenttoDeMenT
DeMenTed lover
Female User Gallery

Re: love shrooms, never done acid, should i be scare to try? [Re: AnotherDimension]
    #9169897 - 11/01/08 08:27 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I like acid more than shrooms, like everyone else said, It feels clearer, shrooms make me lose my ability to think logically about much for the most part, and cause me to be realllyyy emotional...They can sometimes be cool in that they help me spiritually and help me while meditating, but Acid was just, fun!

--------------------
We're All Mad Here

My Dials Are Pupilated.

Our subconscious minds have no sense of humor, play no jokes, and cannot tell the difference between reality and an imagined thought or image. What we continually think about will manifest itself in our lives.

JAMAIS VU
- No matter how well you know someone, They're always a stranger.

Did perpetual happiness in the Garden of Eden maybe get so boring that eating the apple was justified?

OfflineIma TrooperS
Chilldog Extraordinaire
Male User Gallery

Loc: United States
    #9170159 - 11/01/08 09:46 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Acid > Shrooms IMO

Acid makes me feel long dead hippie spirits guiding me and giving me good vibes. Shrooms are great, but the trips always turn dark in the last 1-2 hours for me. I can handle it, but its not always pleasant.

--------------------
"Its moving of its own accord...and I like that in a shirt!" - Me, tripping.

deCypher said:
Schizophrenia beats dining alone, you know.

OfflineintenttoDeMenT
DeMenTed lover
Female User Gallery

Re: love shrooms, never done acid, should i be scare to try? [Re: Ima Trooper]
    #9170214 - 11/01/08 09:59 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Ima Trooper said:
Acid > Shrooms IMO

Acid makes me feel long dead hippie spirits guiding me and giving me good vibes. Shrooms are great, but the trips always turn dark in the last 1-2 hours for me. I can handle it, but its not always pleasant.

haha thats EXACTLY what happens to me.
It kind of pisses me off...I never freak out or anything
I just don't enjoy it.
What makes me really sad and unable to trip shrooms for a while is, the last time I tripped shrooms was with this chick stephanie...it was her first time tripping shrooms, although she had done LSD before...and I was kind of the mother-hen of the trip as I was more experienced with Shrooms than the rest of our group...Stephanie is a sweet girl, but she was young, like 16 at the time (I didn't know her age, she never mentioned it until much later after we had met, but she looked much older so I assumed she went to college with us) Mid way through the trip she became restless and looked at me and said "Do you think I'm ready to die?" I sat there all stunned thinking are you serious?! I am tripping balls and I have to handle this? come on now! that's not fair
My friends were all downstairs & I didn't want to leave her alone so I had to pretty much talk her down by myself so I looked at her and said "Honey, you're not dying, nor are you going insane. Its all the drug...you can either freak out and make things worse, or you can accept that it is the drug, let it run its course, and try to enjoy it."
She shook her head and said "No, I'm not freaking out or anything. I just feel, prepared, you know? Like something is telling me that death isn't the end of anything and I shouldn't be afraid of it."

I had a similar experience on shrooms before that introduced me into my current spirituality so I ignored this...figuring it just happened to everyone

She was killed in a car accident recently and her voice just rings through my head "Do you think I'm ready to die?"
I can't do shrooms for a while

--------------------
We're All Mad Here

My Dials Are Pupilated.

Our subconscious minds have no sense of humor, play no jokes, and cannot tell the difference between reality and an imagined thought or image. What we continually think about will manifest itself in our lives.

JAMAIS VU

Did perpetual happiness in the Garden of Eden maybe get so boring that eating the apple was justified?

OfflineAnotherDimension

Re: love shrooms, never done acid, should i be scare to try? [Re: intenttoDeMenT]
    #9170272 - 11/01/08 10:15 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

intenttoDeMenT said:
Mid way through the trip she became restless and looked at me and said "Do you think I'm ready to die?" I sat there all stunned thinking are you serious?! I am tripping balls and I have to handle this? come on now! that's not fair
My friends were all downstairs & I didn't want to leave her alone so I had to pretty much talk her down by myself so I looked at her and said "Honey, you're not dying, nor are you going insane. Its all the drug...you can either freak out and make things worse, or you can accept that it is the drug, let it run its course, and try to enjoy it."
She shook her head and said "No, I'm not freaking out or anything. I just feel, prepared, you know? Like something is telling me that death isn't the end of anything and I shouldn't be afraid of it."

I believe the fact that she died in a car accident is entirely aside from the point.  That is tragic, and I empathize for the loss.

Regarding what she said in this instance, it is not a 'freak-out' in my opinion.  She seems to have reached a stage of enlightenment or realization.  Entirely positive.  She understands deeper truths.  So it really is a shame the world lost her.

--------------------
Another Dimension

OfflineintenttoDeMenT
DeMenTed lover
Female User Gallery

Re: love shrooms, never done acid, should i be scare to try? [Re: AnotherDimension]
    #9170329 - 11/01/08 10:30 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I didn't really think she was freaking out...like I said, something very similar happened to me, and I don't think the two things were related, but that was the most clear memory I had of her when I heard the news...I miss her very much, and I hope she was right in considering herself ready
She was very intelligent in a way and mature for her age, and slightly ditzy sometimes, but said the most meaningful truths. Kind of like a really smart blunt kid ha. You know, the ones that say shockingly true but simple things that freak out older people?

She was a very beautiful girl, we rolled together several times after that trip, I felt kind of guilty when she admitted her real age, but I remember feeling more comfortable around older people when I was her age too so I could relate to her wanting to connect to me and the others...She became much like my little sister. I miss her presence here but at the same time I am not horribly saddened at her death at this point. Its just, that was the last time I did shrooms, and it was a very beautiful trip. The guy I was seeing at the time didn't trip with us but was there for most of it... I remembered I was geeking out and he kissed me and I saw these flashes of rainbow sparkling visuals behind my eyes he made me feel so giddy =)

--------------------
We're All Mad Here

My Dials Are Pupilated.

JAMAIS VU

OfflineAnotherDimension

Re: love shrooms, never done acid, should i be scare to try? [Re: intenttoDeMenT]
    #9170370 - 11/01/08 10:44 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Synesthesia

I've lost people close to me in similar circumstances.  It is never easy, but all I can say is that their energy lives on in some form or another, even if only in the memories of those they impacted (although, more spiritual interpretations have even more impact, which I am partial to).

--------------------
Another Dimension

OfflineintenttoDeMenT
DeMenTed lover
Female User Gallery

#9170441 - 11/01/08 11:02 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I am battling between two beliefs, reincarnation or the return of the spiritual energy into the energy that sub-atomically comprises the universe. Some part of me, especially after hearing the correlation of the pineal glands appearance in the fetus 49 days after conception and the souls reincarnation into it's new "shell" (as the Tibetan book of the dead says anyway) has me feeling very strongly that reincarnation is plausible. But at the same time I also am a firm believer in auras, energy, etc...and I kind of like the thought of my soul and energy rejoining with the energy that makes the universe

--------------------
We're All Mad Here

My Dials Are Pupilated.

JAMAIS VU

Offlinewildchild68
lion in a coma
 User Gallery

#9170508 - 11/01/08 11:25 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Plasmid said:

If you want to believe that, it's up to you.  IMO, you're kidding yourself. :spank:

That's such a bullshit statement. How the hell do you know if he's kidding himself? Are you him?

Oh that's right, you know everything. :foreheadslap:

--------------------

OfflineLSDreamer
Materialist
Male

#9170562 - 11/01/08 11:46 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Plasmid said:

Why is it that you get so up in arms when somebody dismisses your experiences, but you go around doing the same?

--------------------

OfflinePlasmid
Absent
Male

Re: love shrooms, never done acid, should i be scare to try? [Re: LSDreamer]
    #9170574 - 11/01/08 11:51 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

LSDreamer said:
Why is it that you get so up in arms when somebody dismisses your experiences, but you go around doing the same?

You misunderstand me.
I went over this in another thread.

I don't dismiss experiences.  I dismiss absurd conclusions based on those experiences.

I get up in arms when I think someone has come to a stupid conclusion.

I don't care what someone says they've experienced.

And, maybe you should re-read what you just quoted.
It was a joke.  Hence the lack of further response and the cute little cartoon.  If I wanted to keep talking about it, I would have brought it up further in the thread.  I didn't.  I let it go, because it was a joke.  Notice how my status says "amused"?  Again.  I didn't follow up.  Cute little spanking cartoon.  Joke.

Invisiblemushroom people
I ♥ LSD
Male

#9171616 - 11/02/08 09:09 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Plasmid said:

I think psychedelics can alter your mental state to allow things to be learned. I saw a clip about MDMA being used by psychiatrists and it allowed people to open up and discuss painful events.

Iboga therapy
"gives these fantastic visions and sensations about their childhood and about the destructive path they're on,” said Emery.
He said patients taking the drug “process these images in the days afterwards and they come, hopefully, to some profound conclusions about how to change their behaviour.”

There are many more examples of the use of psychedelics in psychotherapy.

Invisiblejellyfish

Re: love shrooms, never done acid, should i be scare to try? [Re: mushroom people]
    #9171712 - 11/02/08 09:44 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Psychedelics will only teach you if you're willing to be taught :smile:. And as for the OP, try the acid man. I'm less scared of acid then shrooms now that I've tried acid. It's like all the negative aspects of the shrooms are gone but the positives are just enhanced (in my opinion anyway). I also think it's harder to have a bad trip on acid then mushrooms because there's more clarity and less confusion.

OfflineRedrawing
Psychonaut

Re: love shrooms, never done acid, should i be scare to try? [Re: jellyfish]
    #9171827 - 11/02/08 10:33 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

jellyfish said:
Psychedelics will only teach you if you're willing to be taught :smile:.

and willing to work towards it

--------------------

I'm an insect who dreamt he was a man and loved it, but now that dream is over and the insect is awake

OfflineredHue
Champion of the Sun
Male

Loc: the B
Re: love shrooms, never done acid, should i be scare to try? [Re: jellyfish]
    #9171947 - 11/02/08 11:08 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

jellyfish said:
It's like all the negative aspects of the shrooms are gone but the positives are just enhanced (in my opinion anyway). I also think it's harder to have a bad trip on acid then mushrooms because there's more clarity and less confusion.

i kinda thought that too, but ironically the only "bad trip" i ever had was on 4 hits of some good cid.  i'm one of those that thinks there isnt really such a thing as a bad trip.  mine only lasted like 45 minutes, i believe i did a really good job of meditating and getting my head back in the game...looking back, it was so good for me at the time, felt so much stronger mentally the next day.

i've takin shrooms dozens of times and never once had to talk my self out of negative thoughts...  hmm? :shrug:

--------------------

InvisibleTEAL_MUST_DIE
hobbes was right
Male

#9173501 - 11/02/08 05:21 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

i'd been wanting to move out of my house and to get as far away as possible from my family; while high on shrooms, i realized that i was not really ready to take that step, as well as how much i really want to spend time with my family before i finally leave my house.

while high on weed, i realized how hard it could really get for gay people, being that even me sometimes would doubt whether their life style was right or wrong; never have i accepted gay people more as of after that great experience.

while high on weed and shrooms i realized how bad would it be to trip forever and everyday of my life; when i finally came down, i was glad. This helped me understood from a closer view what it meant to suffer from "schizophrenia", something i never fully understood before, even after writting a 3 page paper about this condition.

the list is countless and it goes on and on. Now if that isn't learning, i don't know what it is.

cheers.

--------------------

Offlinekrypto2000
Unknown

#9176487 - 11/03/08 08:56 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

intenttoDeMenT said:
I am battling between two beliefs, reincarnation or the return of the spiritual energy into the energy that sub-atomically comprises the universe. Some part of me, especially after hearing the correlation of the pineal glands appearance in the fetus 49 days after conception and the souls reincarnation into it's new "shell" (as the Tibetan book of the dead says anyway) has me feeling very strongly that reincarnation is plausible. But at the same time I also am a firm believer in auras, energy, etc...and I kind of like the thought of my soul and energy rejoining with the energy that makes the universe

I believe in both, I don't really see much of a difference between the two personally. They play on each other. :mushroom2:

OfflineintenttoDeMenT
DeMenTed lover
Female User Gallery

#9177525 - 11/03/08 01:09 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

krypto2000 said:
Quote:

intenttoDeMenT said:

I believe in both, I don't really see much of a difference between the two personally. They play on each other. :mushroom2:

I understand where you're coming from and I guess I technically believe both too...I guess it just bothers me that I can never know for sure until it won't matter that I know

--------------------
We're All Mad Here

My Dials Are Pupilated.

JAMAIS VU

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order