Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePlasmid
Absent
Male

Re: I am just going to say this, Mushrooms are more trippy than LSD [Re: publicenemy1]
    #9246021 - 11/14/08 07:55 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

publicenemy1 said:
I said that in the one case of it the man dies from LSD causing his respiratory systems to fail.

That paper is titled:
LSD Toxicity: A Suspected Cause of Death

Quote:

i never speculated an amount as to where lsd overdose occurs, only that it is higher than 12,000 ugs because it would be a lot higher in humans.

That's the speculation I was referring to.  It doesn't necessarily work that way.

Quote:

the proof in whether or not lsd's lethal dose is in the memoirs of chinacat and other followers of the dead tour involved in lsd crystal business.

This sentence doesn't really make any sense.  What are you trying to say?  Re-read it, because it just doesn't make sense.  It sounds like you're saying that chinacat's thread establishes whether or not LSD has a lethal dose, but I don't think that's what you mean.

Quote:

if you don't believe them then there's nothing i can do but say read the material.

I have read the material.  How could I not believe something without having read it?  I don't believe it.  I don't believe it because I have read his threads.  I think his threads are full of lots of mythology. 

There no proof of anything in his threads.  That's what I think.

Quote:

youre a lazy piece shit ya know?  how could you not find anything on the matter?

I searched.  I didn't find it.  Maybe if you paid me more I'd do more work.  Since when am I obligated to do exercises for you?  I'm lazy?  How do you know I didn't search for the paper because I wanted to go for a bike ride?  You don't.  Shut up.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinepublicenemy1
Dr. Funkenstein
Male

Loc: Cumberland Mine Flag
Re: I am just going to say this, Mushrooms are more trippy than LSD [Re: Plasmid]
    #9246040 - 11/14/08 08:01 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

well how come there's no more cases of lsd overdose that have established a lethal dose?  the artical also states suspected cause.  they didn't say it WAS the cause but suspected.  my claim is that you die from failure respiratory systems, nothing more, nothing less.

to say people haven't taken over 12,000 ugs is absurd considering the lsd-crystal process and business.  nothing has proven an lsd lethal dose thus far.

edit: and hey man, its been nice chatting with you but im done.  i dont have time to deal with people who act like 8 year-olds in a debate.

--------------------
BE HERE NOW

Edited by publicenemy1 (11/14/08 08:02 PM)

OfflinePlasmid
Absent
Male

Re: I am just going to say this, Mushrooms are more trippy than LSD [Re: publicenemy1]
    #9246257 - 11/14/08 08:45 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Why aren't there more cases of an LSD fatal overdose?  I suppose because not many people have taken fatal overdoses of LSD.  If a typical dose is 50 micrograms and a fatal overdose is as low as 30 milligrams, you'd still 600 hits to overdose.

Quote:

to say people haven't taken over 12,000 ugs is absurd considering the lsd-crystal process and business.

I didn't say that.  I said that claiming that a lethal dose of LSD is way above 12 mg in humans is speculation.

I can believe that people are stupid enough to do so.  Just because a possible handful of people who have done so survived doesn't mean it's a good idea.

And I'll bet you know so much about the lsd-crystal business.  What's an average dose, in milligrams and to five decimal points, of a thumbprint?  You don't know.  I doubt anyone who has supposedly taken a thumbprint bothered to wipe it off and weigh it, so, as far as I'm concerned, it's reasonable to speculate that one can probably survive multiple-milligram doses of LSD.

I think taking thumbprints is downright stupid.

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#9248888 - 11/15/08 12:10 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

publicenemy1 said:
I never said that it was impossible not to die from LSD.

I said that in the one case of it the man dies from LSD causing his respiratory systems to fail.

http://www.erowid.org/references/refs_view.php?A=ShowDocPartFrame&ID=1389&DocPartID=1151

here's the dose chart. their sources are at the bottom.

http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/lsd/lsd_dose.shtml

it says that lethal dose killed 50% of tested animals which included lab rats and mice.  i never speculated an amount as to where lsd overdose occurs, only that it is higher than 12,000 ugs because it would be a lot higher in humans.  the proof in whether or not lsd's lethal dose is in the memoirs of chinacat and other followers of the dead tour involved in lsd crystal business.  if you don't believe them then there's nothing i can do but say read the material. 

in this link on erowid it says some contradictory stuff:
Quote:

predictions of the average lethal dose for humans have ranged from 0.2 mg/kg to more than 1 mg/kg, administered orally.

which means for humans it is ESTIMNATED that the LD 50 will be at a dose of 15 milligrams  to 90 milligrams for an average adult human.
this is between 500 to a thousand times the dose on a blotter.

but then erowid also says
Quote:

LD50 (Lethal Dose*) 12,000 ug

12 milligrams
which is lower yet than the lowest estimate that they provided on a mg/kg basis.

note, they call it an ESTIMATE.

with psilocybin, a recreational dose is 10–50 mg, and the ld50 is around 280mg/kg or 4000-6000 mg. (taken from wikepedia)

although these are much higher amounts (at least 50 times higher than the lsd amounts to threashold or to die), the ratio for LD-50 is also pretty close to 500 to 1000 times the recreational dose.

ergo
one might say these compounds are equally non-dangerous at realistically obtainable dosages.
in any case,
the recreational dosages for both psilocybin and LSD are radically lower by 3 orders of magnitude from something that might disrupt breathing or life.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

Invisibledrr
Female

Re: I am just going to say this, Mushrooms are more trippy than LSD [Re: clemens]
    #12331936 - 04/04/10 08:42 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

clemens said:
Mushrooms make me trip way harder than LSD. What do you think?

Eat a ten strip!!

OfflineKingEmblem
Cannaisseur
Male User Gallery

Loc: LA
Re: I am just going to say this, Mushrooms are more trippy than LSD [Re: drr]
    #12332222 - 04/04/10 09:21 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Hmm, this thread and the Shroomery in general have made me curious to try LSD. I've only done mushrooms, and only twice. The first time was a whole 1/8th, but purposely not that strong, and I ate it throughout increments but still had a nice, introspective peak. It was intensely euphoric and I felt great for weeks afterwords.

Now...the second time I got ahold of an eighth of some cubies, I wanted to really break through. So I lemon tekked the 3.5 dried grams, but I didn't have anything to grind the mushrooms with, so I cut them up as best as I could. But I still let them soak in pure lemon juice and then drank down the solid cup of lemon juice. It sucked but I didn't get sick, at least. Took two hours for the peak to hit but it hit all at once, especially right after I took 4-5 bong hits of some potent bud through a bong. The experience was intense. I lost reality and experienced everything at once...for a good four hours. :tripping2:

I haven't tried LSD, but I just strongly doubt that any substance can produce such an amazing experience again...it was just perfection. From the sound of this thread, I'd need an entire thumbprint for an LSD trip of that level, and that doesn't sound very safe. Also, expensive, I'm sure. :shrug:

--------------------

triptych

OfflineTheMerryGangster
Be Good Family
Male

Loc: Here
Re: I am just going to say this, Mushrooms are more trippy than LSD [Re: SummerDaisies]
    #12332250 - 04/04/10 09:26 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

old thread

--------------------
Lysergic exploration.
Fungus-induced enlightenment.
Herbal healing.

"When you realize how perfect everything is you will tilt your head back and laugh at the sky." -Buddha.

:aum: Peace :peace:, Love :heart:, and Light :psychsplit: :aum:

*EVERYTHING I SAY ON THIS SITE IS PURELY FICTION*

OfflineTrim
Newbie Psychonaut
Male

#12332253 - 04/04/10 09:26 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

drr said:
Quote:

clemens said:

Eat a ten strip!!

Dude, leave dead threads alone. Look at the dates before you post. :facepalm: This wasnt a bad thread to resurrect or anything, it's just that you brought it back to make a moot suggestion.

--------------------
Exploitation of the unknown is called religion. Recognition of the proven is called science.

Invisibledrr
Female

Re: I am just going to say this, Mushrooms are more trippy than LSD [Re: Trim]
    #12332394 - 04/04/10 09:58 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Whoooa!!!

Seriously though Im sorry, I could have sworn I found this on the main page. Must have been one of those ones that show up when your looking at a thread..you know how it can happen on accident? Well I feel like an idiot now good thing none of this actually matters!

peace

OfflineTrim
Newbie Psychonaut
Male

#12332516 - 04/04/10 10:27 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

drr said:
Whoooa!!!

Seriously though Im sorry, I could have sworn I found this on the main page. Must have been one of those ones that show up when your looking at a thread..you know how it can happen on accident? Well I feel like an idiot now good thing none of this actually matters!

peace

Yeah, it's all good. This was a pretty interesting read. Just check out those dates next time brotha. :thumbup:

--------------------
Exploitation of the unknown is called religion. Recognition of the proven is called science.

OfflineKrackatus

Loc: UK Flag
    #12335101 - 04/05/10 12:08 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Generally for me, LSD is more intense than shrooms. Purely because it stimulates my mind so much. The rushing of thoughts, etc. Shrooms tend to be more relaxing for me.

However, the most intense 'moment' ive ever had out of the two drugs was on shrooms. I had eaten 7g of cubensis. I was lying in my bed, and literally my room was unrecognisable. Visually, it was the most intense experience i've ever had from shrooms or acid.

--------------------
"I thought I knew a lot about psychedelics before I encountered DMT... it showed me that I knew virtually nothing." - Terence McKenna

Invisiblepong
kretan
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: west coast
Re: I am just going to say this, Mushrooms are more trippy than LSD [Re: clemens]
    #12335355 - 04/05/10 12:49 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

clemens said:

i think LSD causes me to trip way harder.

i experience the void with lsd.  but i experience it involuntarily.

with mushrooms i am able to be comfortable.

lsd takes comfort away.  and shows me things i never wanted to see.

i guess that is the beauty of it!

lol

--------------------

InvisibleOxyProx
Deoxy.org

Re: I am just going to say this, Mushrooms are more trippy than LSD [Re: pong]
    #12335534 - 04/05/10 01:17 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Lsd trips are about me.
Mushroom trips are about the world. Thats as basic as i could possibly describe the differences for me.

--------------------
Remember remember the fifth of November
Gunpowder, treason and plot.
I see no reason why gunpowder, treason
Should ever be forgot...

InvisibleCounterCulturest
-Positive Mental Attitude-

Loc: Nesting on modems
    #12336668 - 04/05/10 04:15 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Trim said:
Quote:

drr said:
Whoooa!!!

peace

Yeah, it's all good. This was a pretty interesting read. Just check out those dates next time brotha. :thumbup:

Do whatever the hell you want. Im glad you brought this one back. It's an internet forum. Dont let these tools pull you into these lame shroomery politics. A thread is a thread.

Offlineclemens
Lover
 User Gallery

Re: I am just going to say this, Mushrooms are more trippy than LSD [Re: CounterCulturest]
    #12374121 - 04/11/10 06:05 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

i have just never really tripped very hard off real LSD

My friends would take 2 hits and trip for 12 hours and I would eat 3 and trip for 6 maybe and when I started to comedown I would be like, "thats it, its over?"

With mushrooms by the time im coming down im thinking, "thank god, I really thought I did it that time".

Never get that with real LSD

But I have taken DOB which was very similar to LSD for me but allowed me trip way harder

My few DOB trips made me realize why LSD is so awesome, even tho its not LSD, DOB is pretty damn similar

--------------------

Take it easy dude, but take it!

OfflineBothHands
Dog Coffee
Female User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #12374186 - 04/11/10 06:21 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

If you think mushrooms are better than LSD, then you clearly haven't dosed enough LSD.

But on the other hand, if you think LSD is better than mushrooms, you clearly haven't dosed enough mushrooms.

They're two different trips though.  Mushrooms are a guided journey into your psyche.  Great for meditation and going places you might not want to go.  But those places teach you things you never could have known about yourself otherwise.

LSD is more of your own journey into your psyche.  You can read your subconscious like a book, find out why you do the things you do, and actively work to change yourself for the better.

They're both incredible drugs, and are both infinitely valuable.

OfflineMykologist
Often too lazy to post...
Male

Loc: I'm still here...
    #12374801 - 04/11/10 10:01 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

I would be like, "thats it, its over?"

I feel as though a mushroom trip is a journey while my acid trip was more just psychedelic effects behind what I was already doing. :shrug: If I sat down and devoted some concentration to the acid, my mind could slip back. With mushrooms, the trip is very demanding and difficult to simply integrate into my plans/routines.

my acid trip didn't feel nearly as psychedelic and detached as "equivalent" doses of mushrooms have. Perhaps a stronger dose of acid must be in order for me in the future to gain deeper insight into the characteristics of these substances individually. :strokebeard:

I like that this thread started a year ago :grin: Bold move
Myk

--------------------

Where would you rather be?

Offlineclemens
Lover
 User Gallery

Re: I am just going to say this, Mushrooms are more trippy than LSD [Re: Mykologist]
    #12379731 - 04/12/10 05:11 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

I see people react a lot more to LSD then I do

I have had friends trip for hours and hours on two hits of acid and I would take 5 hits and not reach their level

On the other hand I react pretty normally to DOB and a DOB trip will take me farther then I wanted to go

different strokes for different folks

--------------------

Take it easy dude, but take it!

OfflineAntiEverything
im not a doctor
Male

#12379768 - 04/12/10 05:19 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

clemens said:
LSD produces less hallucinogenic effects for me. Every mushroom experience I have I feel like I am about to die. When I am on mushrooms I just want to comedown. LSD leaves me wanting more

havent had a big enough dose of LSD, keep trying.

--------------------
You are at once
both
the quiet
and
the confusion
of my heart.
-Franz Kafka

OfflineILoveThomYorke
Oh Audrey!
 User Gallery

Re: I am just going to say this, Mushrooms are more trippy than LSD [Re: AntiEverything]
    #12380455 - 04/12/10 07:14 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

With LSD I feel like I'm tripping.

With mushrooms, I'm all over the shop.

--------------------
I M A B I R T H D A Y C A N D L E I N A C I R C L E O F B L A C K G I R LS

F A L L E N O F F T H E B A C K O F A G I A N T B I R D T H A T S B E E N C A R R Y I N G M E

F I N A L L Y I M F R E E F R O M A L L T H E W E I G H T I V E B E E N C A R R Y I N G

A T T H E B O T T O M O F A G I G A N T I C C R A T E R A N A R M C H A I R C A L L S T O Y O U

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract