Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSeekerCreeper
Stranger
Multiple IDs, I found them in onNorth of Seattle
    #9149606 - 10/28/08 05:22 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Ok I spent another day searching through a forest of mostly alderwood trees, with newly construction sites surrounding all sides. All of these finds came from the more woodland areas. I was searching for cyans, but many of the things I found reminded me of the pictures I had seen here of beos,stunzi, and azurescens. Basically I was grabbing anything with a brownish cap and whitish stem.

Exhibit A - What I believed to be cyans. I found these growing deep in the bushes, one here and there. Brown cap, white stem, light brown/white gills.

Exhibit B - I also thought these were cyans, but the stems seemed darkish. They became darker the longer they were handled. Brown cap and gills. I found them in about a one square foot area on the side of a trail.

Exhibit C - I thought these might be beos. Greyish cap, white stem, and white/cream/light brown gills. Found many deep in the brush.

Exhibit D - I was finding these here and there in an area. White stem, light brown gills, white/light brown cap.

Exhibit E - I just found one of these growing alongside exhibit B. White steam, cream gills, brown cap with a tint of purple.

Exhibit F -  Brownish cap, white gills and whitish stem. I found these in a small area alongside a trail.

Exhibit I - These I found alongside a rotten log (unknown what type of tree). Just a couple of them, they have a grey/brown cap, cream colored stem and gills.

This last one is just a sky view so you can see the size, since I forgot to put an object in so you can estimate how large these are. Anyways that is a bic lighter in the middle, and each piece of paper is your average sized printer paper.

Thx for any advice!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLordByron
Kwisatz Haderach
 User Gallery

Loc: Cascadia
Re: Multiple IDs, I found them in onNorth of Seattle [Re: SeekerCreeper]
    #9149732 - 10/28/08 05:40 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I don't think A are cyans but the picture is too fuzzy to tell.  Spore print or sharper picture?

C & T look like Pluteus too me. Maybe Pluteus cervinus(the Fawn Mushroom).  Could C have been growing on buried wood? I can't tell from the picture but the gills should be free (not attached to the stalk) and the spore print pink.

I'll let other people take shots at the rest.

--------------------
All you touch and all you see, is all your life you'll ever be.

Offlinefalcon
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #9149749 - 10/28/08 05:42 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

A not cyans not sure what they are maybe Heboloma
B Cortinarius
C Entoloma
D Heboloma
E Not sure, maybe a russula
F Mycena
I Trichloma or Tricholomopsis

Lord Byron, C and I have the Pluteus look, but both have attached gills.

Edited by falcon (10/28/08 05:43 PM)

OfflineAlan RockefellerM
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #9149753 - 10/28/08 05:43 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

A) Gymnopus or Rhodocollybia
B) Galerina or Cortinarius
C) Gymnopus or Rhodocollybia
D) Hebeloma
E) Gymnopus or Rhodocollybia
F) Gymnopus or Rhodocollybia
I) Melanoleuca

Sorry nothing active here.

The ones you are looking for will bruise blue where they are damaged and will have purple-brown spore prints.  Most of the ones you posted have white spore prints.

OfflineSeekerCreeper
Stranger
Re: Multiple IDs, I found them in onNorth of Seattle [Re: LordByron]
    #9149761 - 10/28/08 05:45 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Well I had to pack them all up and hide them because I'm off to work, but I'll get spore prints going tonight. Btw "T" is "I" the bottom of the letter just got cut off.

C and I are definetly two different species though. I is larger and looked more like a cyan to me and had a tint of blue to it.

Thanks for the analysis guys.

Edited by SeekerCreeper (10/28/08 05:46 PM)

OfflineLordByron
Kwisatz Haderach
 User Gallery

Loc: Cascadia
Re: Multiple IDs, I found them in onNorth of Seattle [Re: falcon]
    #9149797 - 10/28/08 05:50 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Your eyes are better then mine... Maybe time I got glassess.

--------------------
All you touch and all you see, is all your life you'll ever be.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale