Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblebuttonion
Calmly Watching

Loc: Kansas
Shrooming Regimen?
    #914469 - 09/28/02 10:39 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Well, I haven't seen a post about the actual drug around which this website revolves in a while. So, I was wondering how many in this forum actually consume shrooms regularly, whatever that means. I was also wondering if the more experienced people here have tappered down their consumption over the years, or are still shrooming strong. Why do you shroom so much or little? Have you found an "optimal rate of consumption?"

I shroomed about 5 times this summer, but I goofed up my last crop pretty good and I am currently without (I've got some cakes going though).

--------------------
Concepts which have been proved to be useful in ordering things easily acquire such an authority over us that we forget their human origins and accept them as invariable.- Albert Einstein

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineMetasyn
one

Re: Shrooming Regimen? [Re: buttonion]
    #914506 - 09/28/02 11:26 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Everyone tapers down after a while. Its not that you learn everything the mushrooms have to teach, but the urgency wanes. You can't live your whole life in the mushroom world and sooner or later you have to come back into the real world and apply what you've learned. I starting tripping about 2 years ago and for the first year I tripped (on various drugs) around 15 times, but recently it has become much less. I'm certainly not through with them by any means, but all I need is a 2 or 3 time a year refresher to make sure I still care about what's important to me. Its easy to get caught up in the world, and I think an occasional shroom adventure is what you need to stay sane. But in the beginning, its definitely tough to not want to go back every week. If your brain craves the knowledge I say give it what it wants, keeping in mind that this insatiable quest will one day end and then the real fun starts: living with what you learned.

Edited by Metasyn (09/28/02 11:28 AM)

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
    #914610 - 09/28/02 12:24 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I havn't done it in awhile... It's almost impossible for me to get "attached" to mushrooms, because once my usage gets excessive, the shroom will humble me and shatter some more of my pre-conceived notions about reality.

They grow like Easter Eggs around here... we just walk out in the fields and have us a harvest.  :grin: 

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

OfflineCleverName
the cloudsshould know meby now...

Loc: red earth painted with mi...
Re: Shrooming Regimen? [Re: Adamist]
    #914923 - 09/28/02 03:35 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

really, where do you live?

--------------------
if you can't find the truth right where you are, where else do you expect to find it?

this is the purpose

OfflineAlbino_Jesus
Clearly Retarded
 User Gallery

Loc: Construction ahead...
Re: Shrooming Regimen? [Re: Adamist]
    #914934 - 09/28/02 03:39 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

easter eggs "grow"?

--------------------
The only difference between the Republican and Democratic parties is the velocities with which their knees hit the floor when corporations knock on their door.
-Ralph Nader

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida
Re: Shrooming Regimen? [Re: Metasyn]
    #915126 - 09/28/02 05:03 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Good response! And after just two years? You must be a quick learner, because it took me a LOT longer to come to the same conclusion, and I started in 1971!

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Anonymous

#915138 - 09/28/02 05:12 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I um, wait. What was the quesiton again?

I can't find theright button ion. I'[ll have to get backl you to.

cheres

OfflineNiamhNyx
I'm NOT a 'he'
Female User Gallery

Re: Shrooming Regimen? [Re: ]
    #915291 - 09/28/02 06:19 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I havn't developed any kind of regimen or schedule yet because I'm brand new to this. I've only done them once so far, and that really reinforced a lot of things that i'd understood on an intellectual level only before. I am doing them again on my 18th birthday, next week. :laugh:

InvisibleIn(di)go
People of the sun.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cologne, Germany
    #915547 - 09/28/02 08:32 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

i haven't tripped nor consumed any other drug (including weed and alcohol) since august last year... and i quit smoking 2 months ago... i learned that whatever the mushroom can teach me, is already inside of me, and it is a lot more rewarding and less dangerous experience to find out and evolve without the aid of the sacred helper... sobriety is a trip itself, and im enjoying it a lot...

--------------------

Edited by Lozt Soul (09/28/02 08:58 PM)

Anonymous

Re: Shrooming Regimen? [Re: In(di)go]
    #915652 - 09/28/02 09:42 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Respect!

I want to applaud you for your decision. The journey may begin with mushrooms but it doesn't end there. At least that's my experience.

Cheers,

OfflineYouInfoIt
see you in hell

Loc: bc, canada
    #916122 - 09/29/02 02:08 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

i have been doing shrooms since i was 16, i had been doing them only 4 times a year or so till this past winter-summer when i took about 10 trips which feels like to many in that space of time, i'm going to wait till i find some fresh, moist and juicy psilly cyans before i do them again, which will be soon hopefully.
*waitin for rain*

OfflineLarrythescaryrexS
teardrop on the fire
Male User Gallery

Loc: further down the spiral
    #916227 - 09/29/02 03:54 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I have never had anything psycodelic.

But I am thinking of taking shrooms soon.

--------------------
RIP Acidic_Sloth

Sunset_Mission said:
"larry the scary rex
verily scary when thoroughly vexed
invoke the shadows and dust, cast a hex
mercifully massacring memories masterfully
relocate from Ur to 8th density and become a cosmic bully
mulder and scully couldn't decipher his glyphs
invoke the shadows and dust, smoke infernal spliffs"
April 24th 2011

InvisibleEcoFreako
Non-Threatening

Loc: BC, CAN.
    #918658 - 09/30/02 04:48 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I don't believe there is a "mushroom world" apart from any other world...I would love to think that the mushrooms are communicating, or that there are specific "lessons and teachings" to be had from them...but I don't believe that either.
I think clearer on them, I have enormously more available insights..we all do. -A piece from MAPS-;
..."our data suggest that the [hallucinogenic] agent in fact leads to an increased availability of remote associations and thereby may bring cognitive contents to mind that under normal circumstances remain nonactivated;"
This is what scientific studies have found, under attempt at an understanding of the actual biological effects upon our brains. I'm sure theres more to be found, or proved, but what I'm getting at is that I see them as an INTROVERT SUPER BRAIN POTION...take them, and turn your eyes backward...our realities are born and lived in our minds, so vamping up the inside for a while, even at the cost of dulling the exterior perception...is certainly desirable to me, thus I take as much as I think I need, and can handle, as a thinking tool. Genreally, I have super brain introvert potion a few times per month, in past years, especially when I didnt make my own, I would have them as often as I could find them, once a month or less. There has been inquiries about this, 'Effed' posted similar a couple weeks ago,... I would like to hear more responses on this, there should be more discussion on it. I would REALLY like people to dicuss why they think we have the aversions to the mushroom trip that we do...even the lovers seem to be squeemish to some degree, and do not trip often. I would like to know the people who trip heavily and regularly, over long durations of time. For all the chatter and growing going on, it doesnt seem like people trip very much. ---Ec0
MAPS (psychedelic stidies) -psilocybin-

--------------------
Mmmm....permaculture....

Offlinepostalboy
I'm not myfucking khaki's!
Loc: My tiny corner of the pad...
Re: Shrooming Regimen? [Re: EcoFreako]
    #919572 - 09/30/02 04:10 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I would like to know the people who trip heavily and regularly, over long durations of time. For all the chatter and growing going on, it doesnt seem like people trip very much. ---Ec0

I would love to but work gets in the way.  :frown:  I work 6 days a week so it is hard to find time for a good mindfuck more than 2-3 times a month.  Of course I have never even came close to attempting that since where I live good drugs (other than bud or meth) are as rare as toilet paper in the soviet union 1988.  If I had a steady supply AND no job I would like to try a month long eraserheadfest.  LOL

I would also be interested in hearing about this from anyone.  Also any experiments people may try while on Mushrooms, LSD, etc .  (Meditation, crossword puzzles, math problems, telepathy experiments, etc)   

--------------------
"You people voted for Hubert Humphrey, and you killed Jesus." F and L in L.V.

Anonymous

Re: Shrooming Regimen? [Re: postalboy]
    #920234 - 09/30/02 08:50 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Also any experiments people may try while on Mushrooms, LSD, etc . (Meditation, crossword puzzles, math problems, telepathy experiments, etc)

I had some popcorn while watching a movie once. Would you like to hear about it?

Offlinepostalboy
I'm not myfucking khaki's!
Loc: My tiny corner of the pad...
Re: Shrooming Regimen? [Re: ]
    #921227 - 09/30/02 09:42 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

:laugh:  :grin:  :cool:  ass    :tongue: 

well on that note I'm off on a road trip.  be back in a few days.  Everybody get real philosophical while I'm gone so I have some good stuff to come back to.   

--------------------
"You people voted for Hubert Humphrey, and you killed Jesus." F and L in L.V.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology