Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineYonnyChimmpo
Stranger
Can I put Mycobag in black trash bag and put it outside for a day or two?
    #9088319 - 10/16/08 07:41 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

inoculated my mycobag from the Mad Season w 4 cc Cambodian spores from Lil shop o Spores.

Ive noticed growth since about a week after innoc. However, in the past two weeks or so it has halted/stalled. Its colonized about 1/5 of all the substrate and is going soo slow. I did break up the mycellium a bit about two weeks ago and it grew back into one ball but still a small one.  Its been going for about a month now and only about 1/5. The temp during the day is aboug 77 and at night about 70. Also, it gets a little sunlight through the cracks of my closet door (still its pretty dark in the closet tho). I was thinking it could be either of these things which have slowed it down but can that explain THIS much delay?!

I was thinking I might get a black trash bag and put the mycobag inside and leave it outside my house for a day or two (I live in South Florida east coast, the temp would probly get to about 90 maybe max). Would this harm the mycellium or give it a little growth boost? Id use two black plastic trash bags so no sun would get through. What about gas exchange(is this even an issue during mycellium growth stage?)One of the faqs says mycellium can double given right temp humidity conditions, now obviously im not expecting anything crazy like that but I want to see it grow bigger then the size its been at for the past two weeks

Also read about "rehydrating" cakes and how its a bad idea cuz of contam but i still have 6 cc of cambodian spore solution w sterile h20 from lil shop o spores. can i use this to rehydrate w out contam as I remember reading if you inject the whole syringe u can 'overhydrate' or oversaturate the thing or somehting and u shouldnt do it?

Edited by YonnyChimmpo (10/16/08 07:51 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineYonnyChimmpo
Stranger
Re: Can I put Mycobag in black trash bag and put it outside for a day or two? [Re: YonnyChimmpo]
    #9094436 - 10/17/08 11:15 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

that's the sound of the 20s hittin in my trunk...

nah but seriously, I guess im gonna do it tomorow unless anyone knows a good reason why i should do otherwise then plz plz plz respond before i kill my mycellium

OfflineYonnyChimmpo
Stranger
Re: Can I put Mycobag in black trash bag and put it outside for a day or two? [Re: YonnyChimmpo]
    #9141488 - 10/27/08 11:27 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Well guys. I did it. and IT WORKED STUPENDOUSLY!  My mycellium went from super slow growth (colonized about 1/6-1/5 in almost a month) to taking over the whole thing in just 5 days outside! TEMP CAN REALLY SLOW THINGS DOWN. I was no lower then 70 degrees at any given time, probably averaging 74 degrees throughout the course of the entire day <--- this is just no good.

Offlinegofudgeyourself
Student
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #9141581 - 10/27/08 11:55 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

incubating should be done between 70-80 degrees, slows down from below 73ish and above 82ish...from what ive noticed.

--------------------
"believe it if you need it, or leave it if you dare."

"turn all the hate in the world, into a mocking bird. make it fly away" :peace:

InvisibleJ3illy
Trainee

Re: Can I put Mycobag in black trash bag and put it outside for a day or two? [Re: gofudgeyourself]
    #9141919 - 10/27/08 01:15 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Hmmm this is interesting.. I have some madseason bags and spores on the way - do you know what the temp was in the bag outside, that supposedly sped the growth up??

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder