Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineapg1387
Stranger
Noob question-Mycobag, Humiditity, Temp, strain?
    #9044650 - 10/07/08 08:15 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Ok guys this isn't my first attempt to grow mushrooms, but the most of Ive ever yielded was an 8th :frown:. So here it is nice and simple. I got a mycobag and some mazatapec syringes. What temp should the bag be at while colonizing? And what about fruiting. Like I said I have mazatapec, does the temp at which you keep them colonizing and fruiting differ from other pysilocibin mushrooms or is there a general temp? And what is it? I assume humidity doesn't matter with the mycobag but if so lemme know. Sorry if this seems like i am asking for hand outs but i really did do some research and i figured why not turn to the best for info. Thanks in advance guys.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineFuknRowdy
Mountain Dewshbag... EXTREME!!!
Male
Loc: Yer Mom's House
Re: Noob question-Mycobag, Humiditity, Temp, strain? [Re: apg1387]
    #9044790 - 10/07/08 08:37 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

All the Info You'll Ever Need In One Spot!!
I love this link, it's my fall back!!!

Offlineapg1387
Stranger
Re: Noob question-Mycobag, Humiditity, Temp, strain? [Re: FuknRowdy]
    #9066372 - 10/12/08 11:27 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I've been keeping it in the black garbage bag in a box, in the closet with a temp reading of about 79-82 degrees f. You guys think this should be an ok temp for mazatapec colonization or should I add more heat. I heard they liked extra heat in the fruiting stage but couldn't find much about fruiting.

Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: UK Flag
    #9066440 - 10/12/08 11:55 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

he information you will need is in thiss forum and in the cultivation faq. you should read the stickies and the post named the official noob thread.

dont add more heat 81f is the highest you will want to go. and theres no need to colinise in dark. colinising in light can actually be benificial. while colinisation may be faster in dark (but not by much) you will see faster pinning by expoising to light from day 1.     

this is just a snipet of information. there a search feature use it.

also you need proper gas exchange.in a box in a balck bag wont allow gas exhange.

--------------------

PF TEK - writeup by EvilMushroom666
Lets Grow Mushrooms - RogerRabbit & RoadKills website with sample videos plus the full PF TEK video series. Alot of great information - BUY THE DVD
Cakes can and will pin! - So you think cakes suck for pins. Your wrong
Franks Simple Coir/Verm Tek
Franks Proper Pasturisation Tek
Franks Spawning To Bulk - Monotub
Professor Pinheads RTV Injection Port Tek
Foo Mans No Soak WBS Prep Tek

Offlineapg1387
Stranger
Re: Noob question-Mycobag, Humiditity, Temp, strain? [Re: veda_sticks]
    #9070218 - 10/13/08 09:25 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

veda_sticks said:
he information you will need is in thiss forum and in the cultivation faq. you should read the stickies and the post named the official noob thread.

dont add more heat 81f is the highest you will want to go. and theres no need to colinise in dark. colinising in light can actually be benificial. while colinisation may be faster in dark (but not by much) you will see faster pinning by expoising to light from day 1.     

this is just a snipet of information. there a search feature use it.

also you need proper gas exchange.in a box in a balck bag wont allow gas exhange.

Yeah i've been reading up when I can I am just real busy at the momement, trust me I know its annoying when people come on forums and ask noob questions but I just figured I'd rather do that then possibly fail at growing mush again. I'll post in the noob thread. Just one more thing, you were saying about gas exchange. I assumed that the patch they put on the mycobag was good enough, I planned to keep it sealed till fruiting, or are you saying that the garbage bag and box are restricting air flow? Should I just take my mycobag out and leave it in the light,(which you mentioned was better for pinning)for more air flow? Oh, and if theres an admin could you move this to the noob thread so i don't have to completely start over.

Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: UK Flag
    #9070250 - 10/13/08 09:36 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

The filter patch will provide gas exchange, but if you have it sealed in a box and a bag, this will hinder gas exchange.

Theres no reason to store colinising substrates in a box or bag as your filter will stop contaminants from getting in. Light is a secondary pinning trigger and alone will not do any harm.

Theres aperently a picture of a massive area of colinising substrate at fungi perfecti that are growing in a room with flurescent lighting.

But i cant find it

--------------------

PF TEK - writeup by EvilMushroom666
Lets Grow Mushrooms - RogerRabbit & RoadKills website with sample videos plus the full PF TEK video series. Alot of great information - BUY THE DVD
Cakes can and will pin! - So you think cakes suck for pins. Your wrong
Franks Simple Coir/Verm Tek
Franks Proper Pasturisation Tek
Franks Spawning To Bulk - Monotub
Professor Pinheads RTV Injection Port Tek
Foo Mans No Soak WBS Prep Tek

Offlineapg1387
Stranger
Re: Noob question-Mycobag, Humiditity, Temp, strain? [Re: veda_sticks]
    #9141182 - 10/27/08 10:04 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah still zero signs of any colonization. I think I am gonna try some jars in an aquarium or like device.

InvisibleFooMan
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Earth Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #9141246 - 10/27/08 10:22 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Grow Bag Pointers

The strain is irrelevent. All cubes colonize and fruit at the same temperatures.

--------------------

Quick WBS Prep

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Bulk Substrate