Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineLittleBen
Feed Me A StrayCat

Movies
    #905121 - 09/24/02 03:59 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I never really thought that movies would be good while tripping, but you know, it wasnt half bad. I watched the animated Lord of the Rings and it was amazing. The action was slow enough that I could trip myself into the plot, I could hold conversations with the characters as another character, and as a movie director. I was completely submersed in the world, so I assume that I was only half-consious throughout the trip. So has anyone else done anything like this?

--------------------
Gaia, as you awaken, I heal myself. As I awaken, you are healed.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineHashbury
CHEEBA HAWK

Loc: Under the Influence
Re: Movies [Re: LittleBen]
    #905258 - 09/24/02 05:14 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Hell yeah! I love watching movies when I trip. Preferably on the come up or the crash. It's fun to pause the image if your tripping real hard and see how contorted and fucked up the screen gets. One time while watching Alice Through the Looking Glass, I paused it during a forest scene and the plants began to grow out onto my walls and slowly consume the whole TV in greenery. That was fucking amazing...But some great films too watch are Akira, F&L in Las Vegas, Fantasia, Yellow Submarine, etc..Anything you like to watch sober is 10X better while in a nice trip. Personally, I love cheesy italian horror films  :smirk: peace

--------------------
AT THE SHROOMERY, IT'S ALWAYS

Anonymous

Post deleted by Anno [Re: LittleBen]
    #906942 - 09/25/02 09:24 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

OfflineTrip_Out_7
PaRTy aNiMaL

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Re: Movies [Re: ]
    #907437 - 09/25/02 02:05 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas? That would be a scary movie to watch. Too much violence, and in the scene when Johnny Depp is having a bad acid trip, the people turn into dinosaurs or whatever, and blood all over the place, that would so send me into a bad trip. Also the part where Johnny Depp thinks his friend is the devil. Now that is scary...and that's scary sober. Imagine it on shrooms or cid?I do NOT recommend this movie to tripping people. it would freak them out. It's a really creepy movie

--------------------

Edited by Trip_Out_7 (09/25/02 02:09 PM)

Offlinejuicemonkey
Stranger
Loc: BC
Re: Movies [Re: Trip_Out_7]
    #907589 - 09/25/02 03:25 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

if you think that movie is trippy or whatever....watch pink floyd : the wall. It seems only some people can handle it. I loved it. BUT when me and some friends were watching it while tripping...we had to turn it off...my one friend couldn't handle it.

but man..i loved alice in wonderland. And i just looked up that movie 'alice looking through the glass'....and that is definetly my next trip movie. i never heard of it before this. Definetly can't wait(couple weeks).

One that i'm looking forward to watching also is 'spirited away'. Critics say it's a japan version of alice in wonderland. Disney is distributing it in north america. Gonna be out anytime soon.

--------------------
I saw my mind do warp 10, hit the brakes, put it in reverse and back all over me

OfflineSheepish
 User Gallery

Loc: Exile
    #908185 - 09/25/02 08:24 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Fear and Loathing does get a bit freaky on acid, but there's so many insightful scenes, like after we flash back to the Matrix in the 60s and he takes acid for the first time, then there's the big speech on how San Fran. in the middle 60s was a great time to be part of. The whole movie makes a lot more sense when you're on psychedelics. However, I personally like freaking myself out a little, and I've watched the Wall a few times on acid...so perhaps it's just me :grin: 

OfflineTrip_Out_7
PaRTy aNiMaL

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Re: Movies [Re: Sheepish]
    #908599 - 09/25/02 11:00 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I loved Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. I saw it for the first time stoned. But I don't think I could handle that movie on shrooms. too many parts that would probably freak me right out and send me into a bad trip.

I heard that Alice in Wonderland was pretty good. Next time I do shrooms (hopefully soon, now that my mental state is getting better and feel confidant that I won't have a bad trip) I will rent that movie.

Ever read the book "Go Ask Alice"? Great frigging book.

--------------------

Offlinemntlfngrs
The Art of Casterbation
Male User Gallery

Re: Movies [Re: Sheepish]
    #913736 - 09/27/02 10:41 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I like getting freaked a little too.

Gross Point Blank was a fuckin trip for some reason. They mentioned mesc. at one point and everything after that just seemed very weird.

--------------------
Be all and you'll be to end all

Edited by mntlfngrs (09/27/02 10:43 PM)

Anonymous

Post deleted by Anno [Re: LittleBen]
    #915640 - 09/28/02 07:35 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

OfflineHashbury
CHEEBA HAWK

Loc: Under the Influence
Re: Movies [Re: ]
    #915755 - 09/28/02 08:31 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Newt, tell me you've seen Akira...Possibly the greatest anime in exsistence.

--------------------
AT THE SHROOMERY, IT'S ALWAYS

Anonymous

Post deleted by Administrator [Re: LittleBen]
    #915787 - 09/28/02 08:42 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

InvisibleVSOPXO
Cognacaholic

Post deleted by Moe Howard [Re: Anonymous]
    #915903 - 09/28/02 09:28 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

OfflineLeviathon
tripped andtested

Loc: Over the hills and throug...
    #932295 - 10/04/02 02:56 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

What about the Matrix, or The Cell? I would think The Cell would be a little too much though. What do you think?

--------------------
You can not recieve with hands already full.

OfflineNiamhNyx
I'm NOT a 'he'
Female User Gallery

Re: Movies [Re: Leviathon]
    #933355 - 10/04/02 10:41 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I watched part of the cell on the tail end of my first trip, it wasn't bad at all, but then again I was mostly down by that point and it hadn't gotten to the scary part yet.

Offlineliquidity
experienced
Loc: USA
Re: Movies [Re: NiamhNyx]
    #934371 - 10/05/02 11:28 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I like watching computer animation like Into the Mind's Eye when i'm tripping. Simpsons too. Last night I was watching Conan O'Brien on shrooms and I loved it! If theres nothing good on TV, I like muting it and putting on good techno music. The TV images seem to connect with the music. :wink:

OfflineTrauM
Poker Player

Loc: North America
Re: Movies [Re: liquidity]
    #935199 - 10/05/02 07:39 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Never really sat through a movie while tripping but..

I think that watching The Cell would be real trippy, as that movie is fucking weird and a bit horrific, I plan on doing it at some time.

--------------------
Oh what a tangled web we weave when we practise to deceive..

OfflineEightball
whore consumer
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #935355 - 10/05/02 09:00 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

lord of the rings on acid was really good

--------------------
If you're frightened of dying and you're holding on.you'll see devils tearing your life away.
But...if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels
Freeing you from the earth.

OfflineBlazeurbuds
psychonaut
Loc: Alabama
    #937712 - 10/06/02 08:33 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I agree 100%!!!  My friends suggested watching fear and loathing in Las Vegas one time when we were tripping.  I tried to watch, but got way too freaked out...  My suggestion, enjoy nature and your surroundings...  but if someone must watch something on tv, watch something animated or something not so deep.  :wink:  Just my humble opinion.  Holla! 

--------------------
What you see in life really depends on what you are looking for.

Edited by Blazeurbuds (10/06/02 08:36 PM)

Offlinemaxdman1178
wide-eyedwanderer
Re: Movies [Re: Blazeurbuds]
    #947554 - 10/09/02 09:33 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Personally, when on psycadelics, I have a hard time watching TV at all. I can't focus on the television, and its kinda hard to explain...but its like the plot and acting both become extremly cheesy and fake. Watching TV for 2 hrs when tripping would be like staring at a picture on a wall for 2 hrs when NOT tripping. The things that are going on in reality on a trip are far more interesting than anything being shown on the TV. Just MHO......

OfflineTonyMontana
Montana RealtyCompany

Re: Movies [Re: maxdman1178]
    #947658 - 10/09/02 10:01 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

One of the best trips I ever had was with five of my friends watching Hoodlum at the theater. We were laughing the whole time and I am so suprised no one tried to get us kicked out. At one of the most serious parts of the movie when that Whispers guy says something like, "we're gonna die Bumpy" and then it goes silent, I aaalmost made it though the silence. But ended up bursting out in laughter and my friends did too.

Seeing movies in the theater on shrooms is the best. Other ones I've seen in the theater:
- Half Baked
- Pauly
- The Waterboy

Ones on video:
- Eddie Murphy Delirious (rewound the Mr.T part like 30 times, then after we finished it, that infomercial for The Juiceman with that tripped-out old guy came on and we watched that for half an hour LMAO)
- Knock Off

Also watched Holyfield Lewis I one time lol.

--------------------
"GULF COAST TEXAS SYRINGE! EVERYTHING IS BIG IN TEXAS! Dear Keeper, I send you these pictures and spores so you may pass on this wonderful strain to the world! My cat accidentally ate a spore print and washed it down with 'Keepers Brew' when I wasn't looking. He took a 'DUMP' in your Kit A and before I new what had happened I found these monsters! WHAT THE HELL IS IN THAT BREW!?!? $35.00 + S/H " - SporeTradingPost's 'Keeper': douchebag of the century! [a not so cleverly fabricated testimonial for his website that is only effective in making even his pretend customers look like morons]

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag