Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Offlinesupra
computerEnthusiast
Loc: TEXAS
Re: Letter to Obama [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #9129151 - 10/24/08 09:40 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Madtowntripper said:
And you think a Democratic Congress is going to override an Obama veto?

What?

I don't remember saying anything about that at all...but whatever.

peace

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
Re: Letter to Obama [Re: supra]
    #9129260 - 10/24/08 10:22 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I'm not sure you know what this conversation was about.

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Re: Letter to Obama [Re: supra]
    #9129328 - 10/24/08 10:46 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

supra said:
And Pris, while Clinton was weak on foreign policy and did raise taxes, we actually stopped living off of borrowed money during his term, had a budget surplus, and were on the path toward actually paying down the national debt some

it's been argued and refuted, the budget even ran dry one
year and Newt Gingrich shut down government, the surplus was
smoke and mirrors, something to lure people into voting in a
democrat, people still buy into this crap

http://www.letxa.com/articles/16

OfflineMHbound
Ballin Out At All Cost
Male

Loc: Under The Rainbow
Re: Letter to Obama [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #9131150 - 10/25/08 10:23 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

This has been a good topic...Glad some people with knowledge participated. Thanks. :thumbup:

--------------------

OfflineTheHappieHippies
Uber-Goober
Female User Gallery

Re: Letter to Obama [Re: MHbound]
    #9131505 - 10/25/08 12:12 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Has it occurred to anyone else that it doesn't matter much in the end? We're fucked either way IMO. The only way any issues that seem to hold any importance will be changed is by a total overhaul of the system, loosening the grip of corporations on our politicians, and readjusting our priorities to concern the situations in our own country first...

Of course, as always, that is only my personal opinion, and I am very grateful to live in a country where I can still express it freely.

--------------------

OfflineStrandedVoyager
The People's Champ
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: (202)-456-1414 Call Me
    #9132206 - 10/25/08 02:43 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Once I read "liberal hollywood" I was done with the letter. I'm guessing the rest of the letter is a lot of jesus whining and narrow illogic complaints.

Edit: Wait... the piece of shit that wrote this letter is a professor at a noted University? That frightens and saddens me.

--------------------
Hi  :scrambled:

My god... it's full of stars...

InvisibleVirus_with_Shoes
Pastor of Muppets
Male User Gallery

Loc: Zuid-Holland, Nederland
Re: Letter to Obama [Re: StrandedVoyager]
    #9132226 - 10/25/08 02:45 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I imagine the writer of this letter to sound something like this :awesome::

--------------------

InvisibleChairman Meow
Concern Pork
 User Gallery

#9132282 - 10/25/08 02:56 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I fucking hate both of them.
McCain has more experience though. And it's really frustrating knowning that Obama has mostly voted present when voting for the senate. Jesus Christ, make a decision!
I don't even want to talk about the VPs. However if Biden were running for President with Obama as a VP I would have voted democrat this year.

--------------------

OfflineTheHappieHippies
Uber-Goober
Female User Gallery

Re: Letter to Obama [Re: Chairman Meow]
    #9136677 - 10/26/08 01:18 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

More disturbung then anyone on one side or the other, are the individual's who know very little to nothing about EITHER candidate, and then loudly voice their opinion on who I should fucking vote for.

I recently met a girl who, upon finding out that I have a general distaste for Palin, loudly said to me, "Don't tell me you're actually voting for Obama". I asked her what she knew about McCain, and what she knew about Obama. She knew absolutely nothing about McCain, the guy she is voting for, and she told me that Obama wasn't "American, white, or a christian" and that was all she needed to know...

I can generally talk politics with anyone without getting upset. I like to understand people and their opinion's... it's one way ensure keeping your own mind open. You can hear why other's have made up their's so completely. But I had to say to this girl "Ok, nevermind, I can't discuss politics with you, you have NO IDEA what you are talking about" She got kinda pissed, and defensive, so I told her that the only thing she got right was the fact that Obama isn't white, and that I really don't like racism, so it was probably best for us not to argue THAT topic anyhow.

She insisted that I was the mistaken one, as Obama was born in Iran, and has announced on CNN repetedly that he is a Muslim...

ARGH!!!! Ignorance drives me insane!!

Just as bad are the people who are going to vote for Obama simply because he is black. When will people figure out that the President's most important features have nothing to do with thieir personal information? I think we shouldn't be allowed to know the things we know about our president's and presidential candidates. President is a JOB, how well they do their JOB'S in the past, and how well they will do it in the future is really the only relevant information, and we just might be able to choose a candidate who can do the JOB correctly if we would stop caring whose bed their boots have been under, or what gender race, religion etc. they are.

--------------------

OfflineMHbound
Ballin Out At All Cost
Male

Loc: Under The Rainbow
Re: Letter to Obama [Re: TheHappieHippies]
    #9136918 - 10/26/08 02:18 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I was watching Jay Leno, or some talk show host...He sent someone out to ask people what they thought about the candidates. He would say things like do you agree with Obama being pro-life?? They would say yea absolutely. They asked other things that were the exact opposite of what they really stand for...So, ultimately, all they knew was Obama is a democrat and that's why I'm voting for him.

People have no idea half the time all they know is the party the candidate is associated with.

--------------------

OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
    #9136923 - 10/26/08 02:19 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I don't know any people like this.

People in New York are just generally fucking stupid.

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom