Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinetheshroomguy
Stranger
need to know when the blueringers/stunzii stop growing in washington state
    #9132877 - 10/25/08 05:05 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

because I've heard rumers that they die off after the first frost.I just wanna know the truth about this. I have a spot I've visited last year and this year. And I think we might have had a first frost. and I wanna know if that means there are no more there.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleLouiseLouise
starstruck
Male User Gallery

Loc: Searching w/my good eye c...
Trusted Identifier
Re: need to know when the blueringers/stunzii stop growing in washington state [Re: theshroomguy]
    #9132986 - 10/25/08 05:30 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Keep an eye on them, then post up :stoned:

--------------------
"That's why you get in close to them, and then take the picture!! Don't be a pussy!" ~CC

Offlinefliped
The Lost One
Male

Loc: Pacific Northwest
Re: need to know when the blueringers/stunzii stop growing in washington state [Re: theshroomguy]
    #9133018 - 10/25/08 05:35 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

The first frost doesn't kill them. I have seen them continue growing after the ground was frozen solid for a week. That is the ones that grow in the mulch. I think the mulch variety is a little more resilient then the ones you find in lawns.

InvisibleBlimeyGrimey
Collector of Spores
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Puget Sound
Trusted Identifier
Re: need to know when the blueringers/stunzii stop growing in washington state [Re: fliped]
    #9133722 - 10/25/08 08:07 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

fliped said:
The first frost doesn't kill them. I have seen them continue growing after the ground was frozen solid for a week. That is the ones that grow in the mulch. I think the mulch variety is a little more resilient then the ones you find in lawns.

I agree, I often find stuntzii in mulch well after cyans stop growing and well after its been frozen for awhile.

--------------------
Message me for free microscopy services on Psilocybe, Panaeolus, and Gymnopilus species.

Looking for wild Panaeolus cinctulus and Panaeolus olivaceus prints.

Offlinemushroomhunter10
Jack-Of-All-Trades
Male User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
Re: need to know when the blueringers/stunzii stop growing in washington state [Re: BlimeyGrimey]
    #9133759 - 10/25/08 08:13 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I bet you could put a nice plastic "tent" or something over some known patches and you could get them to grow until spring.

See-through, of course.

--------------------
Imagine if you needed it and it wasn't there... GIVE BLOOD
Get a free (PAINLESS) bone marrow testing kit and help save lives HERE.
Jesus if you're reading this, please come back already. We need you now more than ever!
The U.S. Constitution!

Best WBS Tek
EZ Potato-Honey Agar Tek
MY TRADES

InvisibleBlimeyGrimey
Collector of Spores
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Puget Sound
Trusted Identifier
Re: need to know when the blueringers/stunzii stop growing in washington state [Re: mushroomhunter10]
    #9134438 - 10/25/08 10:31 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

They sell mini-greenhouses that are bottomless. They're meant to be able to set over plants in large pots or in the ground.

--------------------
Message me for free microscopy services on Psilocybe, Panaeolus, and Gymnopilus species.

Looking for wild Panaeolus cinctulus and Panaeolus olivaceus prints.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds