Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineZinglons Acolyte
Wizard Ninja
Male User Gallery

Loc: Andromeda Galaxy
Re: What would you recommend for a first trip? [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #9122294 - 10/23/08 04:49 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

i guess i underestimate the power of the drugs, or i overestimate the iron grip my ego has on my conciousness, it is a strong grip nevertheless
salvia is a definite, id order plain leaf and make my own extracts if i deemed necessary, i have gotten some nice effects on plain leaf before though, im gifted with sensitivity to most drugs

i do find that people underestimate the power of cannabis, its psychedelic powers need to be sought after, and most people are too busy being high to seek them
i have had profound experiences meditating using cannabis to go further, i will look into getting some whippets as well

i have tried lsa, but im not sure i took enough to get any psychedelic efects, as it only felt like a very euphoric weed high for about 3 hours then tapered off
i also prefer to stay away from street drugs, as i dont like the uncertainty of what ill get, whether its bunk, rc, weak or strong, im secure with the plant teachers, i think ill go for mescaline when a setting presents itsself

--------------------
And they wandered off.. nine ways till bedfast.
-----
"And lets pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space 'cause theres bugger-all down here on earth!"  -Monty Python's "The Universe Song" from The Meaning of Life
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely considered as a bad move."  -Douglas Adams "The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy"
"If the words 'life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness' don't include the right to experiment with your own consciousness, then the Declaration of Independence isn't worth the hemp it was written on." -Terence McKenna

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSophistic Radiance
Free sVs!
Female

Loc: Center of the Universe
Re: What would you recommend for a first trip? [Re: Zinglons Acolyte]
    #9122347 - 10/23/08 04:56 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

DMT, at a good dose, does a pretty good job of stripping away your ego once and for all.

However, if you fall just short of breakthrough and your ego still has the capacity to hang onto your consciousness, it's like needles. You'll think you just died or something. If you try to hold onto life (like I once did even WITH my extensive past psychedelic experience), this can cause pain (yes, physical) and extreme terror. Experimental doses of acid and shrooms are much better for exploration, DMT should wait until you're either positive you're going to get a proper dose (ie get it administered by a reliable shaman or IM by a doctor) or you've got enough of a feel for psychedelics that you're confident you won't be shattered by the unexpected.

--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.

OfflineZinglons Acolyte
Wizard Ninja
Male User Gallery

Loc: Andromeda Galaxy
    #9122355 - 10/23/08 04:57 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

nicey put, ill keep that in mind

--------------------
And they wandered off.. nine ways till bedfast.
-----
"And lets pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space 'cause theres bugger-all down here on earth!"  -Monty Python's "The Universe Song" from The Meaning of Life
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely considered as a bad move."  -Douglas Adams "The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy"
"If the words 'life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness' don't include the right to experiment with your own consciousness, then the Declaration of Independence isn't worth the hemp it was written on." -Terence McKenna

InvisibleCognitive_Shift
CS actual
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #9122357 - 10/23/08 04:58 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

DMT is just that DMT.  That the best way to describe it in words.  Cuz no such vocab exists for the experience.

--------------------
L'enfer est plein de bonnes volontés et désirs

OfflineStephen987
Stranger

#9122370 - 10/23/08 05:00 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I will be taking 1.75~g of Mushrooms tomorrow night with a friend (we're sharing 3.5g). I am assuming right now that I have a low tolerance to shrooms, as I have a low tolerance to both alcohol and cannabis (this may not be true though).

If I indeed do have a low tolerance to it, what psychedelic level would I be able to reach, considering it's my first time? I will be tripping in the forest in front of his house. I have the perfect toy (in my opinion):

A lightsaber (I think?) that flashes 3 different colors VERY fast (almost fast enough to cause a seizure I think, lol). Red, Green, and Blue.

InvisibleSophistic Radiance
Free sVs!
Female

Loc: Center of the Universe
Re: What would you recommend for a first trip? [Re: Stephen987]
    #9122378 - 10/23/08 05:02 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Excellent choice. :thumbup:

Of course we all vary in terms of tolerance, but my first trip ever was also on ~1.75g of shrooms. I had an amazing first trip; remarkable but not overwhelming visuals, and some very interesting cosmic thinking. I also remember the most ridiculous blissed-out feeling on the come-up, couldn't stop myself from grinning.

Tripping in the forest is also a perfect idea. You can bring the lightsaber if you want, you won't need it if you're in the forest. :cool:

--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.

Edited by Tchan909 (10/23/08 05:03 PM)

Invisible04281969
Hobbyist
Male User Gallery

Re: What would you recommend for a first trip? [Re: Cognitive_Shift]
    #9122626 - 10/23/08 05:55 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

LSD is the chemical that will show you everything you can imagine. 

It's a whole lot of fun to laugh your ass off on shrooms, though. 

BTW, I just saw a little expose on some flaky Californian yahoos who go out on the beach or somewhere, get in a big circle, and laugh at each other for a half hour.  Sure, laughing can be contageous, but it just looked like a bunch of forced "hahaha's".  That can't be truly healthy.  It isn't genuine.  Shrooms are the way to go if you want to laugh really hard.

Offlinewutupfoo
I have mushroom OCD
Male User Gallery

Loc: North-Western USA
    #9122770 - 10/23/08 06:26 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Tchan909 said:
Lol, I can definitely agree DMT as a first hallucinogen might be a bad idea unless you have a very experienced sitter.

I don't even think an experienced sitter would help much. Granted it is a short trip, like salvia, and extremely intense, also like salvia, but at least for me, with salvia, I can still hear what is going on in real life around me. Shit doesn't talk to me or anything like that.

I dose some DMT... I am completely oblivious to my surroundings. I don't know if it is the same for everyone, but even if I started freaking out, a sitter wouldn't be able to help me out, purely based on the fact that I wouldn't even be able to hear what they were saying while I was in an outer plane of existence.

That is the best way I can describe DMT, man... An all together, entirely different, plane of existence. You are no longer the same person; for a brief period of time, you can see the universe from beginning to the very end. Total perception enhancement... fuckin' intense as all hell... Definitely not a first fry drug...

--------------------
"Don't waste a good high on a bad time; rather enhance a good time with a great high."

-Christoph

(*)I am a 21 year old pathological liar. I didn't have any friends growing up, so I feel that I have to impress people I may never meet online with fabricated stories. Any threads/messages I write are strictly false, and have no relevance to any daily experiences in my life. Basically, I am just a law respecting, citizen with no friends(*)

I have mushroom Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. Everywhere I go I can't stop searching. I can be found where there are wood chips, dune grasses, and animal dung. It is an obsession, a part of me; I never want to be without it.

Take me up to space, I want to see the clouds.

Offlinemushroomhunter10
Jack-Of-All-Trades
Male User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
Re: What would you recommend for a first trip? [Re: wutupfoo]
    #9122819 - 10/23/08 06:37 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Don't be nervous. Just go with it.
Make sure you're in a comfortable place.

I'm glad to see you went with mushrooms. If your buzz doesn't seem too intense after like 2 hours then toke up. :smile: It should kick it up a notch or two!

Let us know how it goes.

Try your light saber in blink mode and one color at a time.
If you smoke cigarettes, wave them in front of you in a darkness. Then look at the hots closely for a few minutes. :smile:

Best regards!

--------------------
Imagine if you needed it and it wasn't there... GIVE BLOOD
Get a free (PAINLESS) bone marrow testing kit and help save lives HERE.
Jesus if you're reading this, please come back already. We need you now more than ever!
The U.S. Constitution!

Best WBS Tek
EZ Potato-Honey Agar Tek
MY TRADES

Offlinemushroomhunter10
Jack-Of-All-Trades
Male User Gallery

Re: What would you recommend for a first trip? [Re: mushroomhunter10]
    #9130502 - 10/25/08 04:10 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

How did it go??

--------------------
Jesus if you're reading this, please come back already. We need you now more than ever!
The U.S. Constitution!

Best WBS Tek
EZ Potato-Honey Agar Tek
MY TRADES

Offlinemushroomhunter10
Jack-Of-All-Trades
Male User Gallery

Re: What would you recommend for a first trip? [Re: Cognitive_Shift]
    #9133682 - 10/25/08 08:00 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I wonder if he thinks he's a glass of orange juice?
Perhaps he turned the entire weekend into a trip.

Was supposed to trip last night... Hope he's o.k.

--------------------
The U.S. Constitution!

Best WBS Tek
EZ Potato-Honey Agar Tek
MY TRADES

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies