Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineJustin900111
Stranger
Loc: South Carolina
My first time...what the hell?!?!?!
    #911184 - 09/26/02 11:31 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I had been anticipating eating some shrooms for some time and finally got the opportunity when 2 of my college roomates said they would try them with me.  I got all excited and we went out to a nearby cow pasture to secure our stash.  Not more than 10 minutes were spent looking before we had a pretty good size bag full of them.  The actual finding of the shrooms was a lot more fun than I thought it would be as we almost got caught and ended up running down a road and pushing each other into bushes (we were high as hell.)  We got back and one of my roomates (an experienced shroomer) confirmed that we found the right stuff.  We were going to take them Saturday but me and one of my roomates got too excited and decided to eat them early.  We had just finished watching the best episode of Dragon Ball Z ever on Cartoon Network where Goku goes SS3 and we were in the best mood before we ate them.  After consuming several small shrooms and one huge one each, we sat back and waited for the effects to kick in.  And we waited, and kept waiting.  What the hell!  We took them around 7:30 and it was now 9:00.  We both wondered what went wrong and decided to eat the rest of the stash we found and then smoked a fat bowl.  Again, we waited anxiously.  Again, nothing.  About 12:00, I withdrew to my room defeated and pissed off.  I felt absolutely nothing.  I guess we got the wrong shit.  It is now 1:30 and I decided to relay our disgraceful defeat to all of you.  I guess I'll just buy em from now on.  Any suggestions or calling me a dumbass are welcome. :confused: 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemickey_rourke
Illegal Smile
Loc: Playa del Carmen
Re: My first time...what the hell?!?!?! [Re: Justin900111]
    #911229 - 09/26/02 11:46 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Man, never ever ever ever eat mushrooms that you are not 100% positive about the ID.  I hope you don't end up getting sick.  Next time, grow them.  Much safer that way.. :wink:

Peace 

--------------------
"I tried to put it all behind me, but my redneck past is nipping at my heels.." -- Ben Folds Five

Offlinebeautiful_loser
Stranger
Loc: AZ
    #911335 - 09/27/02 12:32 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

You said you were high before you did it? Well, I havent done 'shrooms but Ive researched it a lot and they say that smoking before taking shrooms can lessen the effects significantly.

--------------------
You know when you're sitting on a chair and you lean back so you're just on two legs then you lean too far and you almost fall over but at the last second you catch yourself? I feel like that all the time
---Steven Wright

Invisiblemickey_rourke
Illegal Smile
Re: My first time...what the hell?!?!?! [Re: beautiful_loser]
    #911376 - 09/27/02 01:04 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Well, I havent done 'shrooms but Ive researched it a lot and they say that smoking before taking shrooms can lessen the effects significantly.

Sorry, but that's 100% bullshit.  :grin: 

--------------------
"I tried to put it all behind me, but my redneck past is nipping at my heels.." -- Ben Folds Five

OfflineChikhai
Loc: Florida
Re: My first time...what the hell?!?!?! [Re: mickey_rourke]
    #911386 - 09/27/02 01:10 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

In personal experience smoking seems to bring the effects on faster.

--------------------
"I see!" said the blind man to his deaf wife.

Offlinebeautiful_loser
Stranger
Loc: AZ
    #911391 - 09/27/02 01:14 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Like I said, I havent done shrooms yet, so I cant say that its definitely true, but if you research sites on the internet about this they will pretty much say the same thing. I am just quoting what I have been educated on this matter on. As a smoker I wanted to know before I take shrooms. So, 100% bullshit huh?

--------------------
You know when you're sitting on a chair and you lean back so you're just on two legs then you lean too far and you almost fall over but at the last second you catch yourself? I feel like that all the time
---Steven Wright

Invisiblemickey_rourke
Illegal Smile
    #911393 - 09/27/02 01:16 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

In reply to:

So, 100% bullshit huh?

Yes. I smoke bud daily and I've tripped hundres of times. It is 100% bullshit that smoking marijuana will lessen a trip. If nothing else, it makes it stronger.

--------------------

OfflineKilla420
Alien Lover
Male User Gallery
Loc: Down South
    #911457 - 09/27/02 02:16 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I agree, i've always smoke before eating shrooms and if your shrooms are real, you will trip. What did your look like?

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

Loc: Longitudinal Center of Canada ...
    #911821 - 09/27/02 08:15 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

>So, 100% bullshit huh?

Yes. Smoking weed brings it on harder.

As for the dude with the non-trip, it sounds to me like you did NOT get the right mushrooms. Someone who is an experienced shroomer is NOT an experienced mycologist. He could have killed you. Next time you find some shrooms, take pictures and post a thorough description in the Hunting Forum. The people there know what they're talking about.

--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

~ R.W. Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

:heartpump:

OfflineNeonBlack
enthusiast
    #911842 - 09/27/02 08:33 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

You don't need anyone else to tell you how bad of an idea that was. I just read on this site about a girl from Sumter that almost died as a result of eating random mushrooms from a cow pasture and had to get a liver transplant. If you start to feel sick go to the hospital immediately. Please be more careful next time. As an aside, I used to live in SC and it does have a fair amount of shroom patches.

InvisibleGalvie_Flu
 User Gallery

Re: My first time...what the hell?!?!?! [Re: NeonBlack]
    #912406 - 09/27/02 01:55 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

i think his story is full of shit.

OfflineJustin900111
Stranger
Loc: South Carolina
Re: My first time...what the hell?!?!?! [Re: Galvie_Flu]
    #912986 - 09/27/02 05:47 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

The story definitely isn't bullshit and luckily enough me and my roomate have not gotten sick or anything yet. It's been almost a day but we already bought some shrooms for saturday night so we don't have the same disappointing results as last time.

InvisibleAlien
Galactic Shaman
 User Gallery

Loc: Jupiter's Moon
Post deleted by Administrator [Re: mickey_rourke]
    #913027 - 09/27/02 06:11 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

--------------------
-Alien :cool:

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace
Re: My first time...what the hell?!?!?! [Re: Alien]
    #913260 - 09/27/02 07:38 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Uhmm you need to get the mushrooms you ate identified and pronto man. That was very very ignorant for you to of ate mushrooms not 100% sure what they are.

Some toxins takes a long time before they start to destroy your liver (amatoxins deadliest i think). Still mushroom poisonings are not to be played with.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract