Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!
This is a type of biocide/fungicide that is REALLY effective for preventing contamination of plant tissue cultures and used in smaller amounts it may be used to prevent contamination of mushroom cultures even though it is a fungicide. Most of these types of fungicides are only effective against the lower order of fungi and doesn't include mushrooms. It may inhibit some growth some especially in the early stages, but contamination is a problem for alot of people and a little growth inhibition is a small price to pay compared to the price of losing all of your shrooms. The only thing is that it hasn't been used for this purpose yet. It is still in the experimental phase.
I just looked at my profile and realized I had a website at one point in time on geocities, it's not there anymore and I have no idea what I had on it. Anybody remember my website from several years aga? PM if so please.
Re: Prevent Contamination with PPM!!! #91291 - 12/28/99 08:24 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)
hi some time ago i developed a system similar to Nutrimister to make aeroponic-ultrosonic nebulizers to grow plants in it... yes .... i think mycelium can be grow in a machine like that....but maybe is very high tek with lot of technical problems that must be solved... specially questions about avoid contams with filters etc... very interesting matter.....
Re: Prevent Contamination with PPM!!! #91292 - 01/11/00 02:28 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)
The above rating is Plant Cell technology's toxicity rating. It incorporates some EPA criteria.
2. PHYSICAL DATA Appearance Clear Color Amber to clear State Liquid Odor Characteristic Mild, inoffensive odor pH 3.0 - 4.0 Solubility in Water Completely soluble
3. INGREDIENTS PPM(tm) is a proprietary chemical product.
The bottle says:
Active Ingredients: 5-Chloro-2-methyl-3(2H)-isothiazolone 0.1350% 2-methyl-3(2H)-isothiazolone 0.0412% Inert Ingredients 99.8238%
The rest of which is about how to handle it and first aid procedures which you would get if you ordered from this company.
I'm glad to see that this is relatively non-toxic as far as ingestion goes which means that it could be used in the media and not effect anyone who eats the mushrooms. Testing still needs to be done on whether it effects growth.
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Prisoner#1, RogerRabbit, EvilMushroom666 1,099 topic views. 1 members, 2 guests and 0 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Toggle Favorite | Print Topic | Stats ]