Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleDemonic_Chronic
The Plague Doctress
Trans-female

Loc: PNW Flag
how can i fix this?
    #9127196 - 10/24/08 02:18 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

i have a casing that gots alot of pins all with brown heads and i mean theyve grown a lil bit since they were knots there mebe 2 cm tall and i have 3 fruits that are almost mature, but the other small small fruits arent growing and not aborting, what would cause this and how can i fix it?

--------------------
The Real violence, the violence that I realized was unforgiveable
Is the violence that we do to ourselves
When we are too afraid to be, who we really are.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBoris
Viking Warrior, of Valour
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: TX. Flag
Re: how can i fix this? [Re: Demonic_Chronic]
    #9127225 - 10/24/08 02:25 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

is it a first flush or further down the line ?

--------------------
AMU

Terence McKenna Said:
"We have to create culture, don't watch TV, don't read magazines, don't even listen to NPR. Create your own roadshow. The nexus of space and time where you are now is the most immediate sector of your universe, and if you're worrying about Michael Jackson or Bill Clinton or somebody else, then you are disempowered, you're giving it all away to icons, icons which are maintained by an electronic media so that you want to dress like X or have lips like Y. This is shit-brained, this kind of thinking. That is all cultural diversion, and what is real is you and your friends and your associations, your highs, your orgasms, your hopes, your plans, your fears. And we are told 'no', we're unimportant, we're peripheral. 'Get a degree, get a job, get a this, get a that.' And then you're a player, you don't want to even play in that game. You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that's being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world."

InvisibleDemonic_Chronic
The Plague Doctress
Trans-female

Re: how can i fix this? [Re: Boris]
    #9127235 - 10/24/08 02:27 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

its the first flush
it was origianally a recased casing, so it was a colonized cake to coir, then that casing was too thin cuz it gave me 2 fruits, so i recased to coir verm, it was a littel dry 3 days ago so i did the water on the sides trick for a couple hours then drained the excess. but other then that its the first flush, this mycelium has only put out 3 full size fruits

--------------------

OfflineBoris
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #9127247 - 10/24/08 02:30 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I usually see what you explained when my, "Cakes" are nearing spent. They pin, then just stop, then a lil later abort, and rot. perhaps there not getting enough nutrients, or water ?

Number one cause for small/inconsistent fruits, is lack of water. Try dunking it for 24 hrs.

--------------------
AMU

Terence McKenna Said:
"We have to create culture, don't watch TV, don't read magazines, don't even listen to NPR. Create your own roadshow. The nexus of space and time where you are now is the most immediate sector of your universe, and if you're worrying about Michael Jackson or Bill Clinton or somebody else, then you are disempowered, you're giving it all away to icons, icons which are maintained by an electronic media so that you want to dress like X or have lips like Y. This is shit-brained, this kind of thinking. That is all cultural diversion, and what is real is you and your friends and your associations, your highs, your orgasms, your hopes, your plans, your fears. And we are told 'no', we're unimportant, we're peripheral. 'Get a degree, get a job, get a this, get a that.' And then you're a player, you don't want to even play in that game. You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that's being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world."

Edited by Boris (10/24/08 02:32 PM)

InvisibleDemonic_Chronic
The Plague Doctress
Trans-female

#9127258 - 10/24/08 02:31 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

theyve got plenty of water, and its new coir, im jsut thinking its focusing on the 3 main fruits and not the little guys, the cake i used wasnt ever flushed, just dunked and cased. then recased and allowed to colonize in dark for bout 2 days then put in FC

--------------------

OfflineBoris
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #9127268 - 10/24/08 02:33 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

So your bulk substrate is fully colonized aye ?

Depending on how big your substrate is... 2 days doesn't seem long enough for even a small container to fully colonize.

--------------------
AMU

Terence McKenna Said:

Edited by Boris (10/24/08 02:34 PM)

InvisibleDemonic_Chronic
The Plague Doctress
Trans-female

#9127278 - 10/24/08 02:35 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

no i dont think i gave enuf details, the casing is about 10 inches by 10 inches, adn about 1 3/4 -2 in deep, theres rhizos out the top, and it is all held together by a network of myc so yes fully colonized but not like cake colonized

--------------------

OfflineBoris
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #9127298 - 10/24/08 02:40 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Hm,... thats beyond my knowledge... I dunno why they wouldn't be growing other then some bad condition your cultivating them in. Make sure you give plenty of FAE, 100ish% humidity.

Maybe its due to bad genetics. Is it MS ?

Perhaps they are about to abort and just haven't yet. Or perhaps you just need a lil more patience :laugh:

--------------------
AMU

Terence McKenna Said:

Edited by Boris (10/24/08 02:42 PM)

InvisibleDemonic_Chronic
The Plague Doctress
Trans-female

#9127394 - 10/24/08 02:58 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

theyre eqs and idk for some reason i have like 4 inches of perlite and i cant keep humidity, its a modified mono tub, i dont fan, its perlite and its mebe 65% RH ne suggestions on that?

--------------------

OfflineBoris
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #9127430 - 10/24/08 03:06 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Oh damn,.... that HORRIBLE RH. Not fanning using a non shotty ? :shocked: ...and your getting some fruits at all lololol... damn man... just damn...

Not flaming, but learn2English.

Those small fruits are prolly due to Co2 build-up. you need to fan. Also, make your-self a shotgun FC, and put about a depth of 5-6 inches of per light in it...

--------------------
AMU

Terence McKenna Said:

InvisibleDemonic_Chronic
The Plague Doctress
Trans-female

#9127458 - 10/24/08 03:13 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

i have a shotgun fc but i holds RH for shit

--------------------

OfflineBoris
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #9127477 - 10/24/08 03:18 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I had problems with mine (rh). Then I elevated it off the surface it was sitting on so the holes in the bottom could get air-flow, and all was well there-after.

I purchased those lil rubber feet that you apply to the bottom of decorations and ect that you might be sitting on surfaces that you don't want to damage or scratch... (Best I can explain them) and stuck them all over the bottom, not just the corners of the FC bin. if you just do the outside rim, the bottom will sag with the weight of the Perlight. Ya need some in the middle too.

Also get a reliable hygrometer. If you have the non battery powered ones (The gage type) wrap it in a wet cloth for like 30 mins, then find the adjusting screw in the back, and tune it to 100%. Then it should be calibrated

Edited by Boris (10/24/08 03:22 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix