Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinewocka
Lurker

rye flour vs brown rice flour
    #9127098 - 10/24/08 01:58 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

who wins

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBoris
Viking Warrior, of Valour
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: TX. Flag
Re: rye flour vs brown rice flour [Re: wocka]
    #9127114 - 10/24/08 02:01 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Nutrients in all grains used to cultivate shrooms are about even. Not like one produces shrooms that differ like night and day, So why care ? Just pick one thats cheapest, and use it lol...

--------------------
AMU

Terence McKenna Said:
"We have to create culture, don't watch TV, don't read magazines, don't even listen to NPR. Create your own roadshow. The nexus of space and time where you are now is the most immediate sector of your universe, and if you're worrying about Michael Jackson or Bill Clinton or somebody else, then you are disempowered, you're giving it all away to icons, icons which are maintained by an electronic media so that you want to dress like X or have lips like Y. This is shit-brained, this kind of thinking. That is all cultural diversion, and what is real is you and your friends and your associations, your highs, your orgasms, your hopes, your plans, your fears. And we are told 'no', we're unimportant, we're peripheral. 'Get a degree, get a job, get a this, get a that.' And then you're a player, you don't want to even play in that game. You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that's being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world."

Invisibleslacker008
Resident Psychiatrist
 User Gallery

Loc: A wave of reality.
Re: rye flour vs brown rice flour [Re: Boris]
    #9127130 - 10/24/08 02:03 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Ive used both. I now use rye grain above all else.

--------------------
..beneath the chaos of the world, all is secretly well..

Rebuilding my DNA.

Offlinewocka
Lurker

Re: rye flour vs brown rice flour [Re: slacker008]
    #9127142 - 10/24/08 02:06 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

sweet cuz i can find rye flour but no brf so ima use that.

id use rye but cant find any and cant use shipping

OfflineBoris
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: rye flour vs brown rice flour [Re: slacker008]
    #9127155 - 10/24/08 02:08 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Rye is normally more expensive in most cases. WBS flour is always an option. Dwelling on the topic, I would say I would prefer a wide diverse selection and mix it all up... throw some brown rice, rye berries, and WBS in a coffee grinder, and BAM ! No controversy.

Edited by Boris (10/24/08 02:10 PM)

Offlinealtered reality
Stranger

Re: rye flour vs brown rice flour [Re: wocka]
    #9127161 - 10/24/08 02:10 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

sounds like you want to use grain, WBS and rye grass seed are both great grains and are easily available at walmart

OfflineBoris
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: rye flour vs brown rice flour [Re: altered reality] * 1
    #9127191 - 10/24/08 02:16 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

$15-$20 will buy you a coffee grinder, then you can make any substrate flour you want. that in return would save you allot of money apposed to buying flours from expensive health-food stores, or shipping them ect... In return it would pay for the coffee grinder in the long run with the money your saving... Also using a coffee grinder to grind up your shrooms, and mix them with lemon juice, then throwing it back like a shot is a neat way to consume :laugh: http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/4714757/page/0/fpart/1/vc/1

--------------------
AMU

Terence McKenna Said:
"We have to create culture, don't watch TV, don't read magazines, don't even listen to NPR. Create your own roadshow. The nexus of space and time where you are now is the most immediate sector of your universe, and if you're worrying about Michael Jackson or Bill Clinton or somebody else, then you are disempowered, you're giving it all away to icons, icons which are maintained by an electronic media so that you want to dress like X or have lips like Y. This is shit-brained, this kind of thinking. That is all cultural diversion, and what is real is you and your friends and your associations, your highs, your orgasms, your hopes, your plans, your fears. And we are told 'no', we're unimportant, we're peripheral. 'Get a degree, get a job, get a this, get a that.' And then you're a player, you don't want to even play in that game. You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that's being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world."

Edited by Boris (10/24/08 02:22 PM)

Offlinedead
grateful
Male User Gallery

Loc: North pole
    #9127203 - 10/24/08 02:20 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

My Rye cakes have all started colonization on day 3, or day 4 at the latest. I made some with half/half BRF and RF and guess what, no signs of life at day 10 even though inoculated on same syringes.

This may be an isolated (no pun intended) incident, but I don't care, it just gave me a bad feeling about BRF. Plus where I live it's hard to find organic brown rice, or worse, BRF.

--------------------
"The third eye. You spend years doing everything you can to open it and then the damn thing opens and your friends laugh at you when you tell them you can see their souls behind their eyes burning like rainbows."

Links:
:regularshroom:Nibin's Guide for Noobs
:regularshroom:some easy teks on bulk & grain prep. (my journal)

Invisibleflavoraid
now with twicethe ketamine andopiates!
Male
Re: rye flour vs brown rice flour [Re: dead]
    #9127349 - 10/24/08 02:49 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Rye flour probably has more nutrients but it also has endospores. Endospores need to be killed or they will more then likely cause contamination issues. I pressued cooked mine for an hour and still had contaminations, prehaps going for 2hours would be good. You could even do rye flour instead of brown rice flour and coffee grinds (spent) instead of vermiculite.

Ooops - I was thinking of wbs endospores which is why people soak wbs before pressure cooking ... I need to smoke less weed before thinking!

--------------------
coda said:
imachavel, Man you really need to do some reading, the amount of bullshit you put into almost every single one of your posts is absolutely astounding.

Edited by flavoraid (10/24/08 03:00 PM)

OfflineBoris
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: rye flour vs brown rice flour [Re: flavoraid]
    #9127383 - 10/24/08 02:56 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Don't listen to flavoraid :2cents:

Allot of misinformation there...

--------------------
AMU

Terence McKenna Said:

Invisibleflavoraid
Male
    #9127424 - 10/24/08 03:05 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

My brain is raped right now, I was thinking wild bird seed from glancing at the posts in this thread.

--------------------
coda said:
imachavel, Man you really need to do some reading, the amount of bullshit you put into almost every single one of your posts is absolutely astounding.

OfflineBoris
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #9127455 - 10/24/08 03:11 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Also note that hes asking about FLOUR, allot of people are posting as if hes trying to colonize grain jars to spawn to bulk. Hes doing PF tek.

In no case is it good to sub verm for any other additive. Verm is the best option.

--------------------
AMU

Terence McKenna Said:

Invisibleflavoraid
Male
    #9127497 - 10/24/08 03:21 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Also note that hes asking about FLOUR, allot of people are posting as if hes trying to colonize grain jars to spawn to bulk. Hes doing PF tek.

Endospores don't die if you turn grains into FLOUR. Which would be a serious problem if it were WBS flour... which I thought it was :P

Quote:

In no case is it good to sub verm for any other additive. Verm is the best option.

Why? RR avocates coffee for good reasons it holds as much water as verm, it's free... and has nutrients. It's also a waste product so good game environment.

--------------------
coda said:

Offlinewocka
Lurker

#9127500 - 10/24/08 03:22 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

yay. cuz i can find a pound of rye flour for a dollar. so i moistened my verm to a good water content then added the flour, after mixing it up it sorta feels putty like but not too sticky or clumpy. i got 3 batches going one with wat i thought is a lose amount of rye flour, one with medium and one with high. to see which one colonizes faster.

and i am doing pf tek with verm. probly after colonization im gonna break it all up into a caseing and fruit in a TiT

InvisibleFungalution
Fellow Shroomer

Loc: Earth... I think?
    #9127521 - 10/24/08 03:26 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

(quote from flavoraid) 
Rye flour probably has more nutrients but it also has endospores. Endospores need to be killed or they will more then likely cause contamination issues. I pressued cooked mine for an hour and still had contaminations, prehaps going for 2hours would be good. You could even do rye flour instead of brown rice flour and coffee grinds (spent) instead of vermiculite.

Ooops - I was thinking of wbs endospores which is why people soak wbs before pressure cooking ... I need to smoke less weed before thinking!

Endospores are killed in a pressure cooker at 250f @ 15psi for 15 minutes. In a medium it may take a bit longer to do the job (like 30 min). If you are pressure cooking for an hour or so and still getting contams on cakes than you are doing something wrong (introducing contams in your inoculation?), or there is something wrong with your pressure cooker (not getting up to temp and pressure).

OfflineBoris
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: rye flour vs brown rice flour [Re: Fungalution]
    #9127523 - 10/24/08 03:27 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

RogerRabbit said:
I've tried the brf tek with many substitutes for vermiculite, and so far, nothing comes even close.  I've used sand, sandy loam, peat moss, ground perlite, sawdust, compost, coffee grinds, seaweed, and a few I can't remember right now.  Even with wood decomposing species, a 50/50 mix of verm and sawdust in the brf tek is superior to brown rice and sawdust alone.

The point is that verm isn't inert and needs to be treated as such.  It's not something to argue about, just something to understand and take into account.
RR

--------------------
AMU

Terence McKenna Said:

OfflineT2K_Rusty
Rusty Shackleford
 User Gallery

#9127537 - 10/24/08 03:29 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

flavoraid said:

Naw, brf wins over everything, nutrient wise. Even poop.  It's just not practical for large yields in a short period of time.

--------------------
Sh sh shaw!

OfflineBoris
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: rye flour vs brown rice flour [Re: T2K_Rusty]
    #9127542 - 10/24/08 03:31 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

:werd:

--------------------
AMU

Terence McKenna Said:

Invisibleflavoraid
Male
    #9127544 - 10/24/08 03:31 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

URL to that post, please? It sounds like you quoted something he tried for shiitake or some edible mushroom.

TO THE OP ON ENDOSPORES:

Whether there are no endospores, or the ones that are present are simply easier to kill than grain endospores, remains to be discovered.  Rice grows under completely different conditions than rye or wheat, so it's likely the endospores formed on grain crops in a hot, dry climate are better able to survive than endospores formed on a crop grown in wetter conditions, such as rice.
RR

--------------------
coda said:

OfflineBoris
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #9127556 - 10/24/08 03:35 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

--------------------
AMU

Terence McKenna Said:

Edited by Boris (10/24/08 03:44 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale