Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
OfflineMHbound
Ballin Out At All Cost
Male

Loc: Under The Rainbow
Letter to Obama
    #9124821 - 10/24/08 01:22 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

A letter to Senator Obama

This letter deserves circulation. There are millions who feel the same way. Interesting and perhaps indisputable points. For some reason, liberals really detest this letter, and they see hate in the words rather than facts and opinions. Keep it moving till the election. Send to everyone and hope that all will at least read some of it.

'You can't lead the people, if you don't love the people. You can't save the people, if you don't serve the people.

' - Cornel West, Professor at Princeton University

Dear Mr.

Obama:

It is August 30, 2008. My name is Mark Gregg. I am a 50 something, conservative white male. I have followed your campaign closely, including the speeches you and others made at the democratic national convention. I am respectfully providing you with seven simple reasons why I could never vote for you. I believe that many people share my opinion. I do think that there needs to be an awakening to the fact that you are not a (the) messiah that the media and liberal Hollywood entertainers are trying to portray you as.

1. I hear your mantra of change, change, and change. Yet, you picked a long term, liberal, Washington insider (Joe Biden) to be your running mate. This is NOT change. It is a move that hypocritically refutes the very thing you supposedly stand for. Your campaign then slammed John McCain for picking Sarah Palin, because she is NOT a Washington insider. She is a maverick who cleaned-up Alaska 's quagmire of political scandals.

Which way is it, Barack? Is it okay for you to pick a 30-year Washington insider under the mantra of 'change,' but not okay for John McCain to pick a smart, aggressive, reformer?

2. You have the single most liberal voting record in the senate. This indicates to me and others like me that you may very well be an angry black man seeking to punish our country for sins of a different generation. I am not racist. I have some biases just like you and every other human alive. Unlike the democratic party who claims to be for the minority (but their record heavily refutes this), I will give any person who truly needs help, help. I married a 'minority' girl 35 years ago (she is Hispanic) and have seen the evils of prejudice first hand. However, I have also seen my wife, children and others in her family throw off the veil of self-imposed prejudicial bondage and move ahead. They love our country and do not view themselves any different than I view myself as a citizen of this country. Your lovely wife so disappointed people like me during this campaign when she stated it was the first time she had ever been proud of this country. She apparently never noticed the massive aid we give dozens of other countries. She apparently never noticed the sacrifice of literally millions of veterans who helped make this country a free nation and helped liberate other nations from brutal dictators such as Adolf Hitler. She apparently does not remember that she attended an Ivy League university with scholarship money that ultimately (at least some of it) was paid for by our taxes. This troubles me more than you know. She is an angry black woman who appears to not like her country very much. I don't want her representing me to the rest of the world.

3. You claim Christianity but apparently haven't realized that the Bible teaches that he, who does not work, does not eat. The Bible does not say or even suggest that he, who CANNOT work, should not eat. Yet, your liberal policies reward people who are capable of working but choose not to do so. This bothers me. I know that if you are elected our taxes will spiral upwards. You should heed the words of Winston Churchill: 'We contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.' If I like anything about you, it is your campaign promise to balance the federal budget. Unfortunately, we have heard this many times from different politicians and we realize that when you energize the liberals, Nancy Pelosi, Robert Byrd, Ted Kennedy, etc., etc., and the many other democrats like them, a balanced budget will never, ever happen on your watch.

4. During your question and answer session with Rick Warren of Saddleback Church your answer concerning the question of where does life begin, stunned me: 'Above your pay grade?' Does this mean when something bad happens as President of this nation that you are going to look at your salary to determine if you can respond? Is that what all the 'present' votes in Chicago stood for 'above your pay grade' and why you would not take a stand on the issues at hand? I am sorry, but this was the most serious gaffe I have seen you make.. Frankly, it shows me that you are pandering in the most obvious manner. You will choose your words not from your heart, but from an agenda that I believe you hide from the American people.

5. If anything stands out about you it is probably your appeasement mentality. In this era of rampant, radical Islamic extremism and with the latest stunt pulled by the reenergized Russian government, I am not sure appeasement is healthy. Do you remember Neville Chamberlain of Great Britain in the 1930s prior to WW II? I again revert to the words of Winston Churchill: 'An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

'

6. You and your party tacitly believe that a 13 or 14 year old girl must have the parents' approval to have the school nurse provide them with a Tylenol when they have a headache at school. Yet, this same girl can become pregnant and the school can skirt her off to a clinic and abort the child in her body without the parents knowing or being notified . This scares the hell out of me. You have two little girls. Would you be upset if this happened to them and you were not informed? Then why do you stand for this? It makes no sense to me.

7. My seventh and final point is your supporters.. I have watched the Hollywood entertainers that support you, systematically embrace Hugo Chavez of Venezuela , Iranian Dictator Ahmadenijad and others like them. I see the continuous smut and garbage produced by Hollywood that dams America constantly, and the very people who promote you most vigorously. It is not a positive point to me and others like me to see these overpaid, bizarre, poor examples of human existence fawn over you and push you and your liberal agenda as hard as they do. The way that I see it; when the devil is for you, we should question whether or not we should be against you. In closing, I just want you to know that you scare me. I cannot vote for you. It is not because of your skin color. It is because these items and many others like them. Do not claim that my dislike for you is race based. It is because I do not feel you have the best interests of this nation and its people at heart.

Respectfully, Mark A.

Gregg

1.) I do not get.

2.) He has a liberal voting record just like McCain has a conservative voting record: 90+ percent.

3.) What a piece of shit thing to say. Someone who cannot work, shouldn't eat??

4.) Ignorant. Plain stupid.

5.) ???

6.) Uhh, McCain is going to change this??

7.) I don't know what to say...Okay, so this guy hates Obama's supporters...I hate McCain supporters.( not really I'm just making a point)

This guy ranted about...Nothing. He really made no truly valid points in my opinion. Maybe he had something if you really think about it, but...

It's like me telling you that you suck, and you coming back with no you suck.

He says Obama is liberal...Okay, well McCain is conservative. I really don't get it. Someone want to shed some light on this ignorant letter.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblenalyudi
he runs about
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Oak Savanna Region
Re: Letter to Obama [Re: MHbound]
    #9124824 - 10/24/08 01:23 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

they both suck...i wrote in paul. the revolution lives! :grin:

OfflineMcMoney
see through the mind.
Male

Loc: Florida.
Re: Letter to Obama [Re: nalyudi]
    #9124848 - 10/24/08 01:31 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

nalyudi said:
they both suck...i wrote in paul. the revolution lives! :grin:

so did i!
way i see it now is i think Ron Paul might get more votes then Mccain

--------------------
open your heart to the Love.
                                          open your mind to the Dream.

Offlinekramedit
Guerilla Strategist
Male

Loc: in a bunker
Re: Letter to Obama [Re: McMoney]
    #9124863 - 10/24/08 01:37 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

naw the shit is rigged anyways

--------------------
***WARNING***
I'm a pathological liar.

Only God can create something of value out of nothing.

I've never been through the desert on a horse with no name but I've walked in the sand with a horse named tony. It always feels good to be out of the rain. Every fly has a buzz.

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Re: Letter to Obama [Re: nalyudi]
    #9124895 - 10/24/08 01:47 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

1. you cant be claiming to change the face of politics when
you have a career politician as a running mate, one that
consistently writes redundant legislation just to validate
his existence as a senator and be able to tout his own self
worth

2. McCain only has the conservative voting record for a
single year, prior to that his have been as low as 76% along
party lines. Meaning, Obama voting 95+% along party lines
doesnt show he wants change, it shows he's just much more of the same

3. you misunderstood, the says that the bible DIDN'T say 'if
a man cannot work, he should not eat'

4. www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRswgN-Wf6g (copy and paste)

5. sometimes it's best not to negotiate, not to sign
treaties, just ask the indians, they know what good paper is

6. no... again it appears you misunderstand, he's saying that
if a school nurse is unable to treat you for a minor illness,
like a headache, without written consent or at least
notification of the parents, then she shouldnt be able to
take you to get an abortion without informing the parents,
just look at some of the bills Obama has written and voted on.
there's no indication that McCain will change anything
regarding abortions, he simply disagrees with it being a
federal law, it should be up to individual states and with
that view he's not going to sign into law a shitload of bills
that have the potential to put your kids at risk without your
knowledge

7. He said Matt Damon needs to shut the fuck up

OfflineMHbound
Ballin Out At All Cost
Male

Re: Letter to Obama [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #9124948 - 10/24/08 02:04 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I got you on the abortion thing, but why even bring those two things in to the same paragraph??

I'm not telling anyone who I'm voting for, I just think morons who write things like this really don't have a clue themselves...That's why I posted it.

I don't know I just wanted someone to clear it up. I hate when people write these short sentences that have so many different meanings that can come out of them. If you are going to write a letter like this I think you should at least be thorough. Then again I'm not the brightest cat in English...I failed a couple in college. :rofl:

--------------------

InvisibleVirus_with_Shoes
Pastor of Muppets
Male User Gallery

Loc: Zuid-Holland, Nederland
    #9124958 - 10/24/08 02:07 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

You have the single most liberal voting record in the senate. This indicates to me and others like me that you may very well be an angry black man seeking to punish our country for sins of a different generation. I am not racist.

:lol: A liberal voting record in the senate = angry black man? Quite a leap in logic there. Of course you aren't racist.

--------------------

OfflineMHbound
Ballin Out At All Cost
Male

#9124971 - 10/24/08 02:09 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

One more thing:

He says all of this like McCain is going to change something...These next for years for us is going to spent on trying to get the economy back on line. The President won't have much say in much of anything in my opinion.

--------------------

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

#9124980 - 10/24/08 02:14 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

MHbound said:
I got you on the abortion thing, but why even bring those two things in to the same paragraph??

because under current legislation a school nurse is there to put bandaids on cuts and nothing more

Quote:

I'm not telling anyone who I'm voting for, I just think morons who write things like this really don't have a clue themselves...That's why I posted it.

actually he's not a moron, he's not blindly following the
mantra of Hope and Change, he's asking questions and digging
for answers, I wish more people would, then they'd realize
just how foolish it is to vote for most of the jackasses
running or currently in office

OfflineMHbound
Ballin Out At All Cost
Male

#9124986 - 10/24/08 02:18 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I'm usually very open-minded, and will take anything with a grain of salt...But something in this letter pissed me off. I think it was when the guy says something about him voting liberal. Of course he did, and McCain voted in favor of the conservative party most of the time.

I don't know after you corrected me on a couple of points I'm calm again, but still unsure.

I think what Obama means by change is, is that it won't be a Republican president, but a Democratic president. I don't think he has any intentions on changing anything other than that.

The next 4 years won't be spent doing anything for the American people, other than the large corporations.

--------------------

Pastor of Muppets
Male User Gallery

#9124993 - 10/24/08 02:21 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I still don't know why liberal is considered a bad word...

--------------------

OfflineMHbound
Ballin Out At All Cost
Male

Re: Letter to Obama [Re: Virus_with_Shoes]
    #9124999 - 10/24/08 02:23 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Me either :shrug:

I am still undecided, but I really don't even want to vote at this point.

--------------------

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

#9125220 - 10/24/08 05:11 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

MHbound said:
I think what Obama means by change is, is that it won't be a Republican president, but a Democratic president.

The next 4 years won't be spent doing anything for the American people, other than the large corporations.

What obama claims is also that he's going to change the way
things are done in washington, that it's not going to be the
same crap we've seen in politics, I'm not surprised he said
that because it's what every candidate says

Obama has explained he's going to raise taxes on the wealthy,
he's also said he will allow the expiration of the tax breaks
that bush put into place, well in doing that he's allowing
taxes to go up on those in the lower middle class as well,
about $40,000 is the cutoff point, the only americans I see
him helping is as the letter mentioned, those that refuse to
work... and large corporations, what he'll be doing is
driving more money out of the country, it's not difficult for
corporations to set up shop in mexico where they'll have much
lower taxes, it's been happening since clinton signed the
NAFTA agreement and instituted the largest tax increase
america had ever had

OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
    #9125286 - 10/24/08 06:04 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

He's said he will cut taxes on everyone making under 250K.

The Bush cuts will expire, but your total taxes will go down.

I'm not sure why is so hard to figure out.

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Offlinecircularvortex
Bass Head
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flag
    #9125301 - 10/24/08 06:13 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I stopped reading at "maverick"

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, federal, or fashion police laws. All posts are works of fiction.

For well you know that its a fool who plays it cool
By making his world a little colder.

Under closer inspection I realised it was a funky ball of tits from outer space.

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

Re: Letter to Obama [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #9125305 - 10/24/08 06:17 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Madtowntripper said:

Clinton said the same thing, he then enacted the largest tax increase in US history, signed off on NAFTA and companies started going south so they didnt have to pay all those taxes

what's so hard to understand, politicians lie

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

#9125306 - 10/24/08 06:18 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

When do they magically all become liars?  Does somehow being sworn into office turn them into beings unable to tell the truth?

I don't buy this at all.

I assume you don't vote, ever, since there can be no basis on which to make your decision?

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

InvisibleAroundtheSon
Learning to See
Male User Gallery

Loc: Midwest.
    #9125307 - 10/24/08 06:19 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

MHbound said:
Quote:

Quote:

MHbound said:
Quote:

this is in reference to a biblical passage, a wise saying that provides a picture of everyone providing a service to the greater community. Very few people are unable to work - there is likely a job for even the most unfit.

I work in special services. Even our most severely Austitic and mentally retarded children can provide a service to the community. Our mentally retarded children LOVE to clean, and cook - while their macaroni is not the best - it is edible.

Also, I suspect that the passage refers to Spiritual Food rather than real edibles - and those that work a long day understand the beauty and love of spiritual fruit. Everlasting waters...etc.

Invisiblefilthee
DWWP
Male

Loc: australia
    #9125308 - 10/24/08 06:20 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

3rd commandment:he who cannot work and doesnt eat will execute people for bread

obama sounds cool to me but im just an outsider and we all know american politics never effects the rest of the world lol

InvisibleAroundtheSon
Learning to See
Male User Gallery

Loc: Midwest.
Re: Letter to Obama [Re: filthee]
    #9125309 - 10/24/08 06:21 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

is that your subtle way of asking for a world vote?

illuminati :tinfoil:

Invisiblefilthee
DWWP
Male

Re: Letter to Obama [Re: AroundtheSon]
    #9125317 - 10/24/08 06:26 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

lol
could be actually probably yep maybe not

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

#9125321 - 10/24/08 06:30 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Madtowntripper said:
When do they magically all become liars?

so it's magic? I guess we know why you buy into the colloidal silver scam now

Quote:

Does somehow being sworn into office turn them into beings unable to tell the truth?

seems to start when the campaign videos start, "I'm the only major Candidate that opposed this war from the beginning" that's what obama claimed during the primaries, Obama wasnt even holding public office at that time, he was teaching, and it seems Ron Paul was actually holding office, a major candidate and opposed the war from the start. Obama said he doesnt support the war yet unlike most that oppose the war, he shows his support by voting to fund it with every vote

Quote:

I don't buy this at all.

you dont have to, it'll be deducted from your paycheck

Quote:

I assume you don't vote, ever, since there can be no basis on which to make your decision?

dont make assumptions

OfflineMHbound
Ballin Out At All Cost
Male

#9125345 - 10/24/08 06:50 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

With the economy the way it is the promises made by the candidates are just that, and nothing more.

Whatever it takes to get the economy back on track is going to be done. The president is nothing more than a joe blow this coming term in my opinion. He won't have the ability to enact a huge bill to try to save the economy. Look what Bush did, and his shit got shot down before he got it out of his mouth.

This is going to be fought in the house, and in the senate. Sure, the upcoming president will have some say so in what is going to happen...Ultimately it comes down to the rest of office.

--------------------

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

#9125360 - 10/24/08 07:00 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

bush did nothing other than lie  more, all but 3 people in
congress voted yes on the patriot act, the majority voted for
war in afganistan, the majority voted for war in iraq, a great
many voted for a $700bn bailout of large companies against the
will of the people... the way I see it, if you vote for them
then you're voting for more of the same

it's tame to take back america, vote no to incumbents

Invisiblefilthee
DWWP
Male

#9125372 - 10/24/08 07:06 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

i wrote 'get fucked' on every candidates name at our last local elections

i know a waste of a vote but id have voted for a camel if it had have been there

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

#9125859 - 10/24/08 10:08 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

MHbound said:
This is going to be fought in the house, and in the senate. Sure, the upcoming president will have some say so in what is going to happen...Ultimately it comes down to the rest of office.

I wasn't aware the Congress could make laws w/out the input and signature of the President.

--------------------

OfflineMHbound
Ballin Out At All Cost
Male

#9125944 - 10/24/08 10:24 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

He can, but laws made by the president can also be vetoed.

So...It's kind of one of those things.

--------------------

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

#9125990 - 10/24/08 10:29 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

MHbound said:
He can, but laws made by the president can also be vetoed. 

executive orders, lol

OfflineMHbound
Ballin Out At All Cost
Male

#9126031 - 10/24/08 10:35 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

What kind of rabbit is that Prisoner?? That thing is fucking kick ass. I want one.

--------------------

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

#9126043 - 10/24/08 10:36 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

a german lop, they get pretty big

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

#9126048 - 10/24/08 10:37 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere, Everytime.
    #9126125 - 10/24/08 10:52 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:

What the fuck? Is that 'shopped? Christ.

InvisibleLeftyBurnz
Mr. I Eat Butthole
Male User Gallery

Loc: FL
Re: Letter to Obama [Re: JacquesCousteau]
    #9126159 - 10/24/08 10:57 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

It is August 30, 2008. My name is Mark Gregg. I am a 50 something, bitter, conservative white male who cant stand for anyone voting for a black guy. i tried to create a logical and sensible argument as to why youre not better than obama, however i failed miserably.

fixed.

--------------------

OfflineMHbound
Ballin Out At All Cost
Male

Re: Letter to Obama [Re: LeftyBurnz]
    #9126237 - 10/24/08 11:10 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

:rofl2:

And fuck that bunny is big...I don't want one that big. Holy shit.

--------------------

Pastor of Muppets
Male User Gallery

#9126354 - 10/24/08 11:31 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Attack of the megabunnies! Run for your lives!  :chong:

--------------------

Offlineunretarded
Tick and poisionoak collector
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cali
Re: Letter to Obama [Re: Virus_with_Shoes]
    #9126838 - 10/24/08 01:02 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Holy rabbit batman :whoa: .......I want one ,Do all the lops house train easy?:confused:

--------------------
I love our leaders and the feds ,they are great people and the laws they make help us!:rofl2:

OfflineToTheSummit
peregrinus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Las Vegas
    #9128334 - 10/24/08 06:12 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Madtowntripper said:
He's said he will cut taxes on everyone making under 250K.

The Bush cuts will expire, but your total taxes will go down.

One of my biggest peeves about the Obama campaign is this big fat lie right here.  All these talking points like "95% of you will get a tax cut" and "Only those making more then 250K will get taxed more" are just thrown out there to sucker anyone who doesn't understand economics.  I'm no brilliant economist myself, but I'm not foolish enough to think that punishing those who create most of the jobs and wealth in this country won't have any negative effect the rest of us.  And anyone who truly believes that big corporations will just suck up a tax hike without passing it on to the consumer (all of us) is a fool also.  I don't get it, why do people feel a need to punish someone for being successful?  And what makes them believe that their life will somehow get better if they do?  Silly, jealous, class-warfare puppets...thats all.

And lets not even get into trying to figure out how Obama plans to fund all the new projects he'd like to spend money on.  I guess we're just gonna take that money from the "rich" people also?
:nonono:

Don't get me wrong...I'm no McCain supporter and my vote certainly won't go his way either.  But Obama is about the closest thing to a full-blown socialist to ever get this close to the White House.

--------------------
You invented the wheel....You push the motherfucker!!

Pastor of Muppets
Male User Gallery

Re: Letter to Obamahttp://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/9124821/an/0/page/0/gon [Re: ToTheSummit]
    #9128422 - 10/24/08 06:30 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

But Obama is about the closest thing to a full-blown socialist to ever get this close to the White House.

:lol: What about FDR?

--------------------

Offlinesupra
computerEnthusiast
Loc: TEXAS
    #9128848 - 10/24/08 08:19 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Madtowntripper said:
Quote:

MHbound said:

I wasn't aware the Congress could make laws w/out the input and signature of the President.

yes they can, congress has the power to override the veto.  If a bill gets passed through by majority vote in congress, it goes to president for signing, if he vetos, it goes back to congress, if they get a 2/3 vote for it, then his veto is overridden and it becomes law.  At least this is how I understand it, but I also got a C in govt at my university...lol

Anyways, number 1, the letter writer put Palin and smart in the same sentence, which is laughable.

And Pris, while Clinton was weak on foreign policy and did raise taxes, we actually stopped living off of borrowed money during his term, had a budget surplus, and were on the path toward actually paying down the national debt some, sure its a dime towards billions of dollars, but still better than any other president did since the 60's.  I commend him for this.

However, you are definitely right, both of the main party candidates are worthless, and will be nothing different than what is already there.  How is it change we can believe in, when we have a democrat as president just 8 years ago, which also went along with his party...Though, in the big picture, the president on his own, no matter how great of a man and how great his ideas, cannot change everything and make a massive impact on big issues, yes, even Ron Paul (though he was the best shot we had and getting somebody that at least had a clue into the figure head position).

peace

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

Re: Letter to Obama [Re: supra]
    #9129146 - 10/24/08 09:39 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

And you think a Democratic Congress is going to override an Obama veto?

What?

--------------------

Offlinesupra
computerEnthusiast
Loc: TEXAS
    #9129151 - 10/24/08 09:40 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Madtowntripper said:
And you think a Democratic Congress is going to override an Obama veto?

What?

I don't remember saying anything about that at all...but whatever.

peace

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

#9129260 - 10/24/08 10:22 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I'm not sure you know what this conversation was about.

--------------------

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

#9129328 - 10/24/08 10:46 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

supra said:
And Pris, while Clinton was weak on foreign policy and did raise taxes, we actually stopped living off of borrowed money during his term, had a budget surplus, and were on the path toward actually paying down the national debt some

it's been argued and refuted, the budget even ran dry one
year and Newt Gingrich shut down government, the surplus was
smoke and mirrors, something to lure people into voting in a
democrat, people still buy into this crap

http://www.letxa.com/articles/16

OfflineMHbound
Ballin Out At All Cost
Male

#9131150 - 10/25/08 10:23 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

This has been a good topic...Glad some people with knowledge participated. Thanks. :thumbup:

--------------------

OfflineTheHappieHippies
Uber-Goober
Female User Gallery

#9131505 - 10/25/08 12:12 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Has it occurred to anyone else that it doesn't matter much in the end? We're fucked either way IMO. The only way any issues that seem to hold any importance will be changed is by a total overhaul of the system, loosening the grip of corporations on our politicians, and readjusting our priorities to concern the situations in our own country first...

Of course, as always, that is only my personal opinion, and I am very grateful to live in a country where I can still express it freely.

--------------------

OfflineStrandedVoyager
The People's Champ
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: (202)-456-1414 Call Me
    #9132206 - 10/25/08 02:43 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Once I read "liberal hollywood" I was done with the letter. I'm guessing the rest of the letter is a lot of jesus whining and narrow illogic complaints.

Edit: Wait... the piece of shit that wrote this letter is a professor at a noted University? That frightens and saddens me.

--------------------
Hi  :scrambled:

My god... it's full of stars...

Pastor of Muppets
Male User Gallery

Re: Letter to Obama [Re: StrandedVoyager]
    #9132226 - 10/25/08 02:45 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I imagine the writer of this letter to sound something like this :awesome::

--------------------

InvisibleChairman Meow
Concern Pork
 User Gallery

#9132282 - 10/25/08 02:56 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I fucking hate both of them.
McCain has more experience though. And it's really frustrating knowning that Obama has mostly voted present when voting for the senate. Jesus Christ, make a decision!
I don't even want to talk about the VPs. However if Biden were running for President with Obama as a VP I would have voted democrat this year.

--------------------

OfflineTheHappieHippies
Uber-Goober
Female User Gallery

Re: Letter to Obama [Re: Chairman Meow]
    #9136677 - 10/26/08 01:18 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

More disturbung then anyone on one side or the other, are the individual's who know very little to nothing about EITHER candidate, and then loudly voice their opinion on who I should fucking vote for.

I recently met a girl who, upon finding out that I have a general distaste for Palin, loudly said to me, "Don't tell me you're actually voting for Obama". I asked her what she knew about McCain, and what she knew about Obama. She knew absolutely nothing about McCain, the guy she is voting for, and she told me that Obama wasn't "American, white, or a christian" and that was all she needed to know...

I can generally talk politics with anyone without getting upset. I like to understand people and their opinion's... it's one way ensure keeping your own mind open. You can hear why other's have made up their's so completely. But I had to say to this girl "Ok, nevermind, I can't discuss politics with you, you have NO IDEA what you are talking about" She got kinda pissed, and defensive, so I told her that the only thing she got right was the fact that Obama isn't white, and that I really don't like racism, so it was probably best for us not to argue THAT topic anyhow.

She insisted that I was the mistaken one, as Obama was born in Iran, and has announced on CNN repetedly that he is a Muslim...

ARGH!!!! Ignorance drives me insane!!

Just as bad are the people who are going to vote for Obama simply because he is black. When will people figure out that the President's most important features have nothing to do with thieir personal information? I think we shouldn't be allowed to know the things we know about our president's and presidential candidates. President is a JOB, how well they do their JOB'S in the past, and how well they will do it in the future is really the only relevant information, and we just might be able to choose a candidate who can do the JOB correctly if we would stop caring whose bed their boots have been under, or what gender race, religion etc. they are.

--------------------

OfflineMHbound
Ballin Out At All Cost
Male

Re: Letter to Obama [Re: TheHappieHippies]
    #9136918 - 10/26/08 02:18 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I was watching Jay Leno, or some talk show host...He sent someone out to ask people what they thought about the candidates. He would say things like do you agree with Obama being pro-life?? They would say yea absolutely. They asked other things that were the exact opposite of what they really stand for...So, ultimately, all they knew was Obama is a democrat and that's why I'm voting for him.

People have no idea half the time all they know is the party the candidate is associated with.

--------------------

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

#9136923 - 10/26/08 02:19 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I don't know any people like this.

People in New York are just generally fucking stupid.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates