Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBreetai
Stranger
Re: Help a noob out, I inherited shrooms [Re: T2K_Rusty]
    #9058484 - 10/10/08 11:55 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Too late homie, I have the LC up and running, I do have the syringes too, everything looks to be going as planned so far. It has only been a few days so it is still to early to tell anything but it is leaning to the good side. I will be knocking up some jars this weekend with what is left from the rest of the syringes, also going to order some fresh syringes.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBreetai
Stranger

Re: Help a noob out, I inherited shrooms [Re: Breetai]
    #9070024 - 10/13/08 08:29 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

More Updates.

I inoculated 5 jars today. 3 with the spores left in the syringe and 2 with the LC I created.

Not expecting much here, it was more like a practice run, the syringes are old and probably toast and I am not sold on this whole LC thing yet. This is my first time so that probably has a lot to do with how I am feeling.

On a somewhat upbeat note, my LC's look like they are doing ok, there looks to be plenty of myceleam chucks floating in there and when I went to suck some up to inoculate those two jars the liquid was very clear in the syringe though I didnt see anything floating in there, I did agitate the shit out of the jar and stuff was flying all around in there so I am sure there what goodies in the syringe if the LC was good to begin with.

So should I start a separate log thread or just keep this one trucking?

Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: UK Flag
    #9070045 - 10/13/08 08:38 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

the minimum germination time for spores is 3 days. You say you have growth in as little as 12 hours. Which is impossible (unless the spores in the syringe had germinated) but its still doubtfull.

I dont have much hope for your LC's.

What does your syringe look like?

I still think you have contaminated LC.

--------------------

PF TEK - writeup by EvilMushroom666
Lets Grow Mushrooms - RogerRabbit & RoadKills website with sample videos plus the full PF TEK video series. Alot of great information - BUY THE DVD
Cakes can and will pin! - So you think cakes suck for pins. Your wrong
Franks Simple Coir/Verm Tek
Franks Proper Pasturisation Tek
Franks Spawning To Bulk - Monotub
Professor Pinheads RTV Injection Port Tek
Foo Mans No Soak WBS Prep Tek

OfflineBreetai
Stranger

Re: Help a noob out, I inherited shrooms [Re: veda_sticks]
    #9070161 - 10/13/08 09:11 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

I have said all along I dont have any hope for this experiment, however you never know till you try. When I got the syringes from my friend they where half empty from what I believe sitting too long. There was clumps of spores (or what I think are spores) in the syringes still. They where stored in the dark but in a hot tropical climate for years.

Now the LC on the other hand, What I might have saw in the first 12 hours may have been sediment from the honey as the jars did start looking different after three days, I am a noob so I still dont know what I am looking at sometimes. The only reason I have a tiny bit of hope is becuase the growth in the jars has been steady and the water is getting clearer and clearer as the days go on (which from what I read is a good sign).

So to sum it all up I may just have two jars of some super duper liquid bacteria and five jars of inoculated trash. We will see in two weeks.

I know some people wonder why I even wasted my time but.
#1 it took less then 15 minutes to mix the ingredients and fill the jars
#2 I watch football and drank beer the whole time the jars where sterilizing.
#3 I got most of my stuff for free.
#4 This was good practice for when I get the new spores
#5 If this works I will be set to grow many cakes.

All in all it wasnt bad and kind of fun and exciting. Just wish me luck cuase I probably need all I can get for this to work.

Edited by Breetai (10/13/08 09:16 AM)

OfflineBreetai
Stranger

#9123951 - 10/23/08 09:54 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

good news bad news, looks like there might have been spores in the syringes as there looks to be growth. Bad news is they where probably contaminated as there looks to be other stuff growing in them as well. Will update as soon as this debacle has run its course. Great learning experience though.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag