Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinejust me
Friend
Male User Gallery

Loc: IL/MO/FL/TX/HI/OR
Herb n Shroom Brownies
    #9121829 - 10/23/08 03:17 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

so i got some brownie mix.

ive got some mushrooms

and ive got a 1/4oz of some trimmings

i wanna make some tasty lil treats out of them. the mushrooms are VERY potent. im talkin penny sized cap is enough potent.

recipe calls for:
2 eggs
1/4 cup water
1/2 cup veggie oil
(makes 20 brownies)

i have all that stuff.

can anyone give some insight one how TO and how MUCH of either i should use of the extra ingredients.

Aloha:sun:

--------------------

--------------------------------------------------

-pEaCeLoVeGoDbLeSs-

"The Downfall of Mankind; is Believing He Has Limitations."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineZinglons Acolyte
Wizard Ninja
Male User Gallery

Loc: Andromeda Galaxy
Re: Herb n Shroom Brownies [Re: just me]
    #9121857 - 10/23/08 03:23 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

i would take the shrooms on the side

--------------------
And they wandered off.. nine ways till bedfast.
-----
"And lets pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space 'cause theres bugger-all down here on earth!"  -Monty Python's "The Universe Song" from The Meaning of Life
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely considered as a bad move."  -Douglas Adams "The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy"
"If the words 'life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness' don't include the right to experiment with your own consciousness, then the Declaration of Independence isn't worth the hemp it was written on." -Terence McKenna

Offlinejust me
Friend
Male User Gallery

Re: Herb n Shroom Brownies [Re: Zinglons Acolyte]
    #9121992 - 10/23/08 03:47 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

im saving a quarter of those for me.

--------------------

-pEaCeLoVeGoDbLeSs-

Offlinejust me
Friend
Male User Gallery

#9121999 - 10/23/08 03:48 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

in that recipe can i substitute the veggie oil with butter or is there no need

--------------------

-pEaCeLoVeGoDbLeSs-

OfflineZinglons Acolyte
Wizard Ninja
Male User Gallery

#9122021 - 10/23/08 03:52 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

no, vegetable il will be goood enough if you lrt the erb cook into it beforehand

cannabinoids are lipophillic, an vegetable oil is a suitable lipid, ive seen it done successfully with canola oil even

--------------------
-----
"And lets pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space 'cause theres bugger-all down here on earth!"  -Monty Python's "The Universe Song" from The Meaning of Life
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely considered as a bad move."  -Douglas Adams "The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy"
"If the words 'life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness' don't include the right to experiment with your own consciousness, then the Declaration of Independence isn't worth the hemp it was written on." -Terence McKenna

Offlinejust me
Friend
Male User Gallery

#9122148 - 10/23/08 04:18 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

ok help me get somethin.

im gonna simmer the weed in the vegie oil first. then strain out???

and then use the oil as planned by directions on box right?

where should i throw the mush in at?

--------------------

-pEaCeLoVeGoDbLeSs-

Offlinewutupfoo
I have mushroom OCD
Male User Gallery

Loc: North-Western USA
    #9122207 - 10/23/08 04:30 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

grind up the mushies, and go to the store and buy some chocolate frosting. mix that shit in the frosting and spread it on top. should make things a lot less complicated. I've used it like this with success. First you should weigh out even doses, one can typically will cover a 9x9 surface no problem. so measure out a 3x3 section, and figure that as a dose. Make it so you only have to eat one brownie to get good and fucked up on little buds, and fun guys. so if there are 3x3 sections, and each one is a full dose of your vegetables (lettuce and mushrooms) there will be 9 doses. weigh out 9 even doses of lettuce and mushrooms, make the lettuce oil you discussed above, using the amount of cooking oil the recipe calls for, mix it in REALLY WELL. While the brownies are baking, make your mushroom frosting by weighing out 9 even doses, and about 2/3 of the frosting. mix that shit up really well, then spread it on top after the brownies are done.

I have done this before, works really well, and is an excellent gift for a new neighbor...:thumbup:

I have not had any negative reactions from cooking the mushies, however, it seems to be a problem with a lot of people on this forum, so I heed their advice and don't cook with them.

Let us know how it works, I will be a taste judge for you if you want... you know, to ensure that you followed the recipe and everything...

--------------------
"Don't waste a good high on a bad time; rather enhance a good time with a great high."

-Christoph

(*)I am a 21 year old pathological liar. I didn't have any friends growing up, so I feel that I have to impress people I may never meet online with fabricated stories. Any threads/messages I write are strictly false, and have no relevance to any daily experiences in my life. Basically, I am just a law respecting, citizen with no friends(*)

I have mushroom Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. Everywhere I go I can't stop searching. I can be found where there are wood chips, dune grasses, and animal dung. It is an obsession, a part of me; I never want to be without it.

Take me up to space, I want to see the clouds.

OfflineZinglons Acolyte
Wizard Ninja
Male User Gallery

Re: Herb n Shroom Brownies [Re: wutupfoo]
    #9122319 - 10/23/08 04:51 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

ah, mushrooms in the frosting, thats a great idea!

--------------------
-----

Offlinejust me
Friend
Male User Gallery

#9122747 - 10/23/08 06:20 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Zinglons Acolyte said:
ah, mushrooms in the frosting, thats a great idea!

Quote:

wutupfoo said:

Let us know how it works, I will be a taste judge for you if you want...

i do :grin:

--------------------

-pEaCeLoVeGoDbLeSs-

Offlinejust me
Friend
Male User Gallery

#9122797 - 10/23/08 06:33 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

if i just powder the herb TOO, can i just add it to the veggie oil and follow the directions. or do i HAVE TO simmer first???

--------------------

-pEaCeLoVeGoDbLeSs-

Offlinewutupfoo
I have mushroom OCD
Male User Gallery

#9122804 - 10/23/08 06:35 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Well you better find a pretty fuckin' fast way to get them to Washington. If you pay me gas money, I'll drive to your place... somethin tells me that would be a hellishly expensive road trip though... especially in a 93 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo... I can get there uber fast with my 17 lbs of boost though... I'm thinking about setting the cruise to about 140 the whole way. Sound like a good idea?

--------------------
"Don't waste a good high on a bad time; rather enhance a good time with a great high."

-Christoph

(*)I am a 21 year old pathological liar. I didn't have any friends growing up, so I feel that I have to impress people I may never meet online with fabricated stories. Any threads/messages I write are strictly false, and have no relevance to any daily experiences in my life. Basically, I am just a law respecting, citizen with no friends(*)

I have mushroom Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. Everywhere I go I can't stop searching. I can be found where there are wood chips, dune grasses, and animal dung. It is an obsession, a part of me; I never want to be without it.

Offlinejust me
Friend
Male User Gallery

#9122860 - 10/23/08 06:43 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

i dont know the speed needed to stay hydroplaning, cuz i live on a tiny dot somewhere in the pacific

ill have a bird fly ya a nibble.

check out the question above your last post

--------------------

-pEaCeLoVeGoDbLeSs-

OfflineZinglons Acolyte
Wizard Ninja
Male User Gallery

#9122919 - 10/23/08 06:55 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

just me said:
if i just powder the herb TOO, can i just add it to the veggie oil and follow the directions. or do i HAVE TO simmer first???

its a good idea to simmer first, not completely necessary, but it will ensure that the cannabinoids have absorbed into the oil

--------------------
-----

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

#9123034 - 10/23/08 07:15 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

A couple friends and myself once ingested an eighth each of magic brownies and mushrooms.

Results were spectacular.

--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Offlinejust me
Friend
Male User Gallery

Re: Herb n Shroom Brownies [Re: deCypher]
    #9123048 - 10/23/08 07:18 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

simmer for 15min?

--------------------

-pEaCeLoVeGoDbLeSs-

Offlinewutupfoo
I have mushroom OCD
Male User Gallery

#9123181 - 10/23/08 07:46 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

just me said:

No, microwave your bud first, only for like 3 minutes. The name of the "chemical" processes have slipped my mind, but it alters the weed. then you could grind it up, and reduce it into the oil. I wouldn't strain it out either, I would just throw it in the mix... Sorry I missed that question... I recall making it with keif, much the same scenario, but a bit more potent. good times...

--------------------

-Christoph

OfflineAKSE
My bruises areblue
 User Gallery

Loc: Ak
    #9123292 - 10/23/08 08:05 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

wutupfoo said:
grind up the mushies, and go to the store and buy some chocolate frosting. mix that shit in the frosting and spread it on top.

Ah, ya beat me to it!

OfflineZinglons Acolyte
Wizard Ninja
Male User Gallery

#9123293 - 10/23/08 08:05 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

decarboxylation will happen in the oven anyway, so microwaving it first wont really be beneficial

simering it in the oil is to dissolve the plant resin in the oil, 15 minutes will be plenty, heat the oil till its viscosity drops, and stir the bud in, the oil will change color
then after you can filter the bud out, because the goodies will be in the oil

--------------------
-----

Offlinewutupfoo
I have mushroom OCD
Male User Gallery

#9123425 - 10/23/08 08:26 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Zinglons Acolyte said:
decarboxylation will happen in the oven anyway, so microwaving it first wont really be beneficial

simering it in the oil is to dissolve the plant resin in the oil, 15 minutes will be plenty, heat the oil till its viscosity drops, and stir the bud in, the oil will change color
then after you can filter the bud out, because the goodies will be in the oil

ooh... close... but no cigar... In my experiences, using the same weight, from the same bag, from the same harvest, from the same plant; the potency was MUCH higher when I zapped it in the microwave first... Plus, if he simmers the oil, then bakes it, guess what... it isn't bud anymore, it is an oil, which won't break down the same way.

Zap it dude, you will not be disappointed, plus, what is a 3 minute loss gonna do to harm him? do it right the first time, and you wont have to start all over when you don't get the desired results.

Hope this helps...

--------------------

-Christoph

Offlinejust me
Friend
Male User Gallery

#9123569 - 10/23/08 08:49 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

NICE glad to read i dun rite :grin:

i simmered for 15. strained the leaf matter out.

added to brownie mix. one pan choco chips another choco and peanut.

but my roomy says shell eat just plain mushroom treats so i made two pie tin cookie cakes to spread 6 or 7 g of mush onto

--------------------

-pEaCeLoVeGoDbLeSs-

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract