Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSan Tropez
Stranger
I'm a bran Newbie from Overgrow, Please Help!
    #912278 - 09/27/02 12:30 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I've just got a few ?'s. I've read the FAQ's and I'm ready to get started. Where should I order a sprore syringe from? I don't wanna get ripped, and you guys are the experts so.....which strain should I order from that carrier? ( the P. cubenis amazonian strain is the recomended, but there are so many with similar names, be specific) how long does it take them to arrive? I wanna know if I should get started with getting materials so I'm ready to start the day they arrive. And oh yeah is the pressure cooker necessary, or does the boiling method suffice, I don't want to do all this and end up with contamination in my jars. Thanks so much, I'd give you all Karma if I could.

Happy Trails,
sAn trOpEz

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinepsilocybinjunkieM
relaxin
Male

Trusted Cultivator
Re: I'm a bran Newbie from Overgrow, Please Help! [Re: San Tropez]
    #912299 - 09/27/02 12:42 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Order from
www.thehawkseye.com
www.thelittleguy.com
I would really recommend 2 strains for you 1 Thai Koh Samui as it is easiest to fruit and you will not fail with it it's also the fastest fruiting strain. 2 Mazatapec syringe from www.thehawkseye.com that is the best trip out there beyond words truely great! I say get both as they are easy and offer two completly different trips both good and one superb :laugh:
Go with those 2 you'll be very happy.
Also both vendors are good and will not rip you off. There proven an honest vendors. No worries :smile:

Edited by psilocybinjunkie (09/27/02 12:45 PM)

Offlinecookdandbombd
SERENITY NOW!

Loc: Northern Ireland
Re: I'm a bran Newbie from Overgrow, Please Help! [Re: psilocybinjunkie]
    #912349 - 09/27/02 01:25 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

I say get both as they are easy and offer two completly different trips both good and one superb

You raise an interesting point here!  As a newbie grower I'm wondering what the different effects of each strain will be.  I imagine that the different chemical makeup of each strain will result in varying trip sensations, i.e. one strain may give a lot more visuals?!  I'm probably going to be growing Peurto Ricans and Equadors, so I'd love to know how each trip will differ.  I guess I'll soon find out the fun way :wink:  But it would be nice if there were some kind of database which gave these kind of details.  Any ideas?

--------------------
--
Freak out baby, the bee is coming.

Invisibletokinshitload
t
    #912454 - 09/27/02 02:21 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Ive grown PF shrooms for years now, and have had good luck with the PF "H" strain. I dont like any other stain they offer.
Im a new member of overgrow, just got done with the faq, got my 400w scrog up and goin.Free skunk#1 and KC northern lights to start with,then im goin for some BOG seeds, his shit looks crazy.BOG medly looks like the way to go

OfflinepsilocybinjunkieM
relaxin
Male

Trusted Cultivator
Re: I'm a bran Newbie from Overgrow, Please Help! [Re: cookdandbombd]
    #912810 - 09/27/02 04:32 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

PR's are a waste of time. The biggest most hyped up cubie in the last year.
Ecuadors give an awesome trip. Sometimes they vary in potentcy. Ecuadors are very visual tons of laughs nice pleasant vibe. Very potent. PR's= bs imo...
Skip PR's and try something better a mexi strain or Golden Teacher perhaps :smile:
I hear great thing about Tazmanians too.

OfflineSkikid16
fungus fan

Loc: In the middle of the nort...
    #912946 - 09/27/02 05:29 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

The boiling method has worked pretty good for my buddy, His first couple of batches were about a 60% success rate, and got better with time. But no more boiling for him, he just got a pressure cooker yesterday. If this is your first grow, I wouldn't really worry about strain, I would worry more about proper procedure. Just get the hang of growing, then try different strains. But if I had to reccommend I'd say Amazon, cause so far they have produced the biggest fruits for my buddy. ( about 9 inches tall with 3-4 inch caps, real thick stems.)

--------------------
Re-Defeat Bush in '04

OfflineDuplicity
Stranger
Loc: NJ
    #912970 - 09/27/02 05:42 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Hi there, I figured I'd answer since most of the questions you are asking are exactly the kind of things I wanted to ask when I got started. Believe me, I am NO EXPERT, in fact I'm pretty much a newbie myself but I have learned some stuff from my mistakes over the past year. First to answer your questions about boiling, in the 96 jars I have completed to date I have only lost 8 to contams...and they were in my first two batches before I started doing oven innoculations... and I boil all my jars.. I plan on getting a PC, but only becuase I want to move on to different substrates eventually, if I was sticking with BRF I would probably just keep boiling. Second, I have tried a few different strains, and for whatever reason I always have fantastic luck with GT and B+. With every new batch I do some of them, and then try a few of another type, but those two just never fail me. One that I've had miserable luck with is PR.. maybe it's just me but I couldn't get them to fruit to save my life. The Little Guy is great because I have never waited more than 4-5 days to get a syringe.. I've actually never had a problem with a vendor because I've always stuck with those who seem to be well known to the poeple on these boards. Hope this helps a little ..

InvisibleAlien
Galactic Shaman
 User Gallery

Loc: Jupiter's Moon
Post deleted by Administrator [Re: San Tropez]
    #912998 - 09/27/02 05:55 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

--------------------
-Alien :cool:

Invisibleutopianglory
Spunkmuffin
Re: I'm a bran Newbie from Overgrow, Please Help! [Re: Alien]
    #913131 - 09/27/02 06:51 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Since two vendors have been mentioned I will even the field

order from

Sporeworks

From all accounts they are fast, cheap, reliable and incredibly approachable. Most definitely one of the least dramatic vendors out there.

Invisibletokinshitload
t
Re: I'm a bran Newbie from Overgrow, Please Help! [Re: psilocybinjunkie]
    #913151 - 09/27/02 06:57 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I must agree with psylojunky on the stain,however dont get the PF ecuador! The ony shroom that they have that is worth a dam is the "H" stain(hawaiin) simular to the golden teacher,yields are great,and the trip is potent.Dont get the "PF" strain, it sucks for yield and not many spores.You will save some money by starting out with PF over other venders.
www.fanaticus.com.There delivery time has behn very good as well,I have never had a problem with these guys throughout my years of cultivation.

OfflinepsilocybinjunkieM
relaxin
Male

Trusted Cultivator
Re: I'm a bran Newbie from Overgrow, Please Help! [Re: utopianglory]
    #913287 - 09/27/02 07:53 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

i would have recommended sporeworks too because there also great but... He is looking for syringes! I don't like sporeworks syringes so that's why i didn't mention them. I do like all their other products though top notch, and there very professional :smile:

Offlineblueshroomchick
how did I gethere?

Loc: Texas
    #913325 - 09/27/02 08:09 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Hi!! Welcome to the shroomery! I would have to second the opinion that Thai KS is probably your best choice to start with. They are hard to kill, they are very productive (I currently have a casing of KS that is on it's 6th flush with no signs of decline) and the trip is excellent. As for a good spore vendor, I would recommend Ralphster44 (I believe he currently has a special) or The Little Guy (who almost always has a special). I have heard good things about other vendors too, I just haven't tried them out yet (Check out the vendor forum).

I don't know about the boiling of jars, though. I found a good deal on a PC online and never tried boiling.

You can get your supplies ready so you can start the day your spores come, but don't worry if they get to you before you get everything you need (prints and syringes have a pretty long shelf life with proper storage).

Good Luck and Happy Shrooming...

blueshroomchick

--------------------

Psychics will lead dogs to your body.

-Alleged fortune cookie message

OfflineBullfrog1
Discovery BeyondImagination

#913408 - 09/27/02 08:41 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

San Tropez,
I'll not clutter this post with a lot of info.
If you're new to this, use PF as both your first vendor and Tek.
I have had great experience with Ryche Hawk too, but as a newbie, give PF a shot. I've never had a problem.

Good Luck!

--------------------

OfflineMr_Puke
Suicidal Failure

Re: I'm a bran Newbie from Overgrow, Please Help! [Re: Bullfrog1]
    #913437 - 09/27/02 08:52 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

boxtop is offering if you dont get your order in a week its free. I would suggest this because i can feel the impacientness setting in  :grin:

OfflinetelefunkenU47
numerator
Loc: cartoon planet
    #913574 - 09/27/02 09:51 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

DO NOT ORDER FROM MUSHROOM MADNESS! i'm not going to sit here and say they are a rip off because many people speak well of them, but my experience has been poor. 2 months of bull shit e-mail promises and i still haven't received the $60.00 order i placed.

the little guy rocks! i got my package in 2 days and it was cheap as hell.

try koh samui, b+, pf classic or any cubie really. i've never had a problem making any cube fruit. the aforementioned are some of the most tolerant to newbie mishaps though. good luck!

--------------------
Central Scrutinizer:
This is the CENTRAL SCRUTINIZER...
That was Joe's first confrontation with The Law.
Naturally, we were easy on him.
One of our friendly counselors gave him
A do-nut...and told him to
Stick closer to church-oriented social activities.

-Frank Zappa's "Joe's Garage"

Anonymous

Post deleted by Anno [Re: San Tropez]
    #915194 - 09/28/02 03:38 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

OfflineSan Tropez
Stranger
Re: I'm a bran Newbie from Overgrow, Please Help! [Re: ]
    #915615 - 09/28/02 07:24 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Thank you all for the wonderful info. I'm definitely gonna go with the Thailand Koh Samui, as it was the "most" recommended by you guys for us newbies. I was wondering what the oven innoculation was. ( I'm assuming you sterilize in the oven, how exactly, and what are the advantages. Now what carrier??!?!?! I want em soon, but mostly I just want em! Any final suggestions on reliable speedy delivery! Maybe one that I can place an order online, and pay with pay pal.

Good luck to you all who venture over to overgrow!!! Growing mj is as fun as well, growing shrooms! With a little labor, and a lot of research, OG can have you harvesting the crystally dank in no time!!!!!

Peace and Happy Trails,
sAn tRoPez

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck