Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinepsylo33o
enthusiast
Loc: Europe
salvia with little yellow spots (again??!!)
    #912288 - 09/27/02 12:35 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Hi..
My two Salvia plants are starting to have little yellow spots on the leaves.. (some thing happened for some cannabis plants in a dream I had a few months ago!!?) So, I'm watering less, I was watering evryday with a little amount, I'll stop for 1 or 2 days.. They're in bet. 40-60% humidity, with some indirect sunlight and under a little "warm white" lamp that they seem to like.. What should I do? Thanx!

--------------------
I am the holy spirit
I am whole in spirit

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineT0aD
Stranger

Re: salvia with little yellow spots (again??!!) [Re: psylo33o]
    #912296 - 09/27/02 12:41 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

i wish you luck with them :laugh:

--------------------
Cuba Libre

InvisibleNeiL

Loc: Scotland, UK
Re: salvia with little yellow spots (again??!!) [Re: T0aD]
    #912652 - 09/27/02 03:32 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

maybe fertilise them? mine started doing similar things. they had been in the same pots, unfertilised, for over a year. their growth had slowed and they were turning yellow. since i started using fertiliser they have perked up amazingly

Offlinepsylo33o
enthusiast
Re: salvia with little yellow spots (again??!!) [Re: NeiL]
    #914437 - 09/28/02 08:10 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

They are no very old, been in the pots for like 2 months, and I feed them regulary.. Now that I think about it, I had put some fertilizer i  my spraythingy, and as I spray them about 1-2 time a day, I had kept the water for about a week, that means fertilizer everyday :shocked:.. a little overfertilizing? Could that be the problem? My soil is potting soil with about 1/5 -1/4 vermiculite, it's good, right? the pots are large compared to the size of the plants, so thats ok I think..
well, a little self-analyzing, I think I've found the answer alone..  :crazy:  :wink: less watering for a little time, ans no more feeding for a couples of weeks.... I'll see how that goes..

--------------------
I am the holy spirit
I am whole in spirit

InvisibleBilge
longtimenoC

Loc: USA
    #914612 - 09/28/02 10:24 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Look for insects primarily under the leaves. Spider mites are very very small and will leave itsy bitsy doo-balls and webbing under the leaf. If your vision isn't good, you may need a magnifying glass to see them. There may be other bugs. I suggest a very close inspection of your leaves.

--------------------
Shopping for your head? Visit HeadShopFinder.com or find Online Head Shops.

Offlinepsylo33o
enthusiast
Re: salvia with little yellow spots (again??!!) [Re: Bilge]
    #916349 - 09/29/02 03:53 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah, my morning glory plants, not far to the Salvia, had spider mites.. I'll have a good look on the leaves, and let you know...

--------------------
I am the holy spirit
I am whole in spirit

InvisibleBilge
longtimenoC

#916633 - 09/29/02 10:26 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

my experience has been that if spider mites are on one plant in the house, they're on all of them. at least the plants they like and including salvia. salvia really hates the safest and most effective pyrethrin insecticide sprays, by the way. she'll take it and drop most or all her leaves but can rebound back into full health. but if you've got mites on your other plants they will come back to salvia too.

--------------------

Offlinepsylo33o
enthusiast
    #916747 - 09/29/02 12:00 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Well, after a close examination, yes, there was spider mites... So I used what I always use: the stuff to get rid of the flees on my dog..  :grin: Might seem kind of BABARIC, but hey it works.. So a few small sprays, and I finished the rest by just cleaning the leaves with alcohol.. hope this isn't to tough for Dolly, but they are looking good for now, no falling of the leaves or stuff.. Got rid of all the spidermites on EACH plant in my room ( what a work :smirk:) and all seem to bear the treatment.. well, I'll keep you guys updated.. and thanx for the advice..
See ya!

--------------------
I am the holy spirit
I am whole in spirit

InvisibleBilge
longtimenoC

#919078 - 09/30/02 08:50 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

i don't think i'd consume anything after i sprayed it with stuff i put on my dog. what is the active ingredient?

--------------------

Offlinepsylo33o
enthusiast
    #919336 - 09/30/02 12:02 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Not sure what the active componout is? i'll go and have a check after, but I don't plan on harvesting my salvia soonly, and the thing will wear off, won't it?? Anyway, I checked before, there isn't anydanger signs saying it's toxic or what ever, no special precaustions needed..

--------------------
I am the holy spirit
I am whole in spirit

InvisibleBilge
longtimenoC

#919356 - 09/30/02 12:14 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

"i'll go and have a check after, but I don't plan on harvesting my salvia soonly, and the thing will wear off, won't it??"

I definitely wouldn't assume that. not everything just wears off and stuff you put on pets is more likely to NOT wear off.

"there isn't anydanger signs saying it's toxic or what ever, no special precaustions needed"

they probably don't expect you to smoke or eat it.

you could be completely safe, but i always use insecticide that is specifically intended to be used on food products and is marked "safe to consume".

in my youth, i never cared or took such precautions and consider myself lucky to be alive considering some of the stuff i did. now i'm old and paranoid :smile:

--------------------

Offlinepsylo33o
enthusiast
    #922068 - 10/01/02 09:01 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

That thing contain "fiprolil" or something like that.. I spray the plants about 3 times a day, and give 'em a big wash every two days ar so... Hope that will do the trick.. had a look on the notice, says it works on pets for like 2 weeks, do you think with good spraying/ washing, it will be gone in 2 weeks??

--------------------
I am the holy spirit
I am whole in spirit

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale