Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Loc: NY or PA
tripping with a newbie
    #912220 - 09/27/02 02:03 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

i am planning on shrooming with my friend this weekend. ive done it about 6 times and am fairly experienced with other drugs. hes never tried any psychedelics, sans weed. in talking to him, he doesnt seem to comprehend the whole experience (ie what the effects are, what it will do to him) and i feel hes not respecting the drug enough. he thinks he will be able to do it, then go out later. i tried explaining that, for my first trip, i was gone for 7 hours and couldnt walk, let alone want to see other people at a party. i know how profound and powerful shroom trips can be, as i have had really strong good and bad trips. so, the question is... should i not let him do them, or make him research the effects more? should i let this experience be the unexpected eye-opener that i know it can be or would that be cruel to unleash on someone? my first time, i had researched, and knew what to expect from other psychs. hes going in blind. any thoughts would be appreciated.

your mother's a tracer

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Zen Lunatic

Loc: Here.
Re: tripping with a newbie [Re: Avonalliv]
    #912245 - 09/27/02 02:13 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Let him do them. If he has a bad trip I'm sure he will learn from it. You also can't describe a shroom experience no matter how hard you try.

Those who know do not speak.
Those who speak do not know.

Re: tripping with a newbie [Re: ChubbSubb]
    #912260 - 09/27/02 02:19 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

In reply to:

You also can't describe a shroom experience no matter how hard you try.

i think so too

Cuba Libre

∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
    #912449 - 09/27/02 04:15 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

i think it's his decision. to be honest, my first experience with shrooms was when my friend popped 'em out in front of me at a movie theater, and i had not read much at all about them. i ate a very small amount because i knew nothing about them (i'm assuming 1-1.5g dry), but it turned out to be a very good experience.

of course, i wouldn't want to go to a typical party whilst trippin', and i get the impression you wouldn't either, so just let him know before hand that you don't want to do that, but if he wants to, that's fine.

anyway, i'm going to move this to general questions since it's not really of the trip tip nature.

··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

Dead wishes

Loc: A universe right next to ...
    #912497 - 09/27/02 04:37 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

i feel that at some point in life, it happens to everyone to try to show to some good friends or relatives how beautifully a mushroom experience is. and when it comes that you have to face someone who is not respecting it... its a weirdo situation.

what i have learned from my experience is that if you try and insist to do it and you say many things about how cool the experience can be, those people who dont respect it see it like an antagonist to the weed they know and trust [how pathetic is that? anyway] and they are having a bad experience for the first time. then they will understand or never touch the shrooms again.

it needs to be cool. a few weeks ago, my cousin asked me to give some shrooms for a party he was going, enough for him and 2 other friends who none of the three had ever tried ANY psychedelics. I said YES and then an hour later I called and said that i had a second thought and maybe its not right and things like that. i made him a little afraid that shit can happen soooo easily if u dont know how, so i was suggesting not to. this led to a serious conversation. eventually he tripped and had a gorgous experience...

in conclusion, do it but try to be sure he understands its somethin' special.

hope the best

Kykeon  :grin:
athens, greece

The living ghost of Kykeon

Not here
Male User Gallery

Loc: Longitudinal Center of Ca...
    #913533 - 09/27/02 11:36 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Tell him to wait until the effects have some time to come on, then decide if he wants to go out. He'll probably have forgotten about his intention of going out. Just don't dose him too high.

Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

~ R.W. Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience