Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinecraccusPC
Stranger
New Grower Questions
    #9121369 - 10/23/08 01:53 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Just got back from Walmart and I got what I am sure is vermiculite, mason jars and a big plastic tub with a top.
I still need to get a syringe and some spores, which I will have by tomorrow.... Could I use a plastic syringe that I have sterilized along with my jars in a pressure cooker to inoculate?

My questions are.

Is wheat flower the same as brown rice flower? If not will it work? There is also rye grain available at my local Walmart.

Also. What the jars have fully colonized I should wait 1 more week then flip them out into my terrarium right.? Or is just a matter of choice... and when I do flip them out can I can I flip them directly onto the plastic bottom or could I put some wet saw dust down or something else readily available?

To get my spores can I just take shrooms that I get off of a dealer, let them dry fully cut the tops off and grind them up into a powder mix it with water and use that solution for inoculation?

Thanks in advance

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleBlutjager
Inhuman
Male

Re: New Grower Questions [Re: craccusPC]
    #9121426 - 10/23/08 02:03 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

#1 yes you can use a syringe you sterilized yourself

#2 No BRF and wheat flour are not the same

#3 if you have a pressure cooker and access to grain for the love of anything on all of gods green goodness PLEASE abandon the idea of flour altogether and use the grain unless you seriously hate yourself

#4 yes if you do hate yourself enough to grow cakes let them colonize for about a week or at least 4-5 days after they look fully colonized before you birth them

#5 I fail to understand why on earth you would put them on wet sawdust and do not even have an answer for this question..Sorry

#6 In theory yes you sure could get spores that you got from a mushroom regardless of where said mushroom came from including a dealer,in practice however it will most likely be laden with contamination and you will need to be familiar with agar work to get a clean culture from them

Good luck :thumbup:

OfflineNuzzle
Misunderstood
 User Gallery

Re: New Grower Questions [Re: Blutjager]
    #9121447 - 10/23/08 02:08 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Look in the phone book for a "health food store" or some kinda shit like that... Natural Foods or something. I found Organic Brown Rice Flour there... bout 3$ for a big bag of it.

Why buy from a 'dealer' when you could get a syringe for like 10-20$ and knock up your own jars...

Check out www.mushroomvideos.com to see the process of the PF tek, its got all your answers there. :smile: Just watch, and watch, and research, and search posts, and read, and then watch the videos again. You should have no problems. :wink: good luck

--------------------
:hi:**If you have any spare spore prints lying around, and your feeling 'giving' drop me a PM** :dancer:

OfflinecraccusPC
Stranger
Re: New Grower Questions [Re: craccusPC]
    #9121564 - 10/23/08 02:26 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I guess when I birth the cakes what should I put them on? Just more vermiculite.. and I don't know how sawdust got in there it just made sense.

So for my jars this is what I plan on doing:

Mixing my vermiculite with rye grain (organically grown) and water. Being sure not to make it to moist. I know that water at the bottom of the jar is bad.

Put the mixture into the jars leaving room at the top. Then covering them with dry vermiculite. Then 2 layers of aluminum foil for the top which come of separately, the bottom one having holes for inoculation.

Then most likely boiling them in a big pot, being sure to not let them rest/reside in the water during this. And depending on time will do it for 2 or so hours. Taking them out and letting them cool overnight in a big plastic bin I have that I will clean out with bleach and water then more water to get rid of all the bleach residue.

Putting the heads of mushrooms I have ground into a powder into water into my syringe(s). Heating the tip in a flame that does not leave carbon deposits (pure alcohol flame). Using 4 holes in the jar putting around 1/4mL of solution in each hole. Then replacing the top layer of foil on the jar.

Then I shall store them in a room temperature environment that does not take direct sunlight. After 3-5 I should see germination, then after a few weeks they should be fully colonized, then I will wait another few days to birth them.

I will take the cakes flip them out put them in water overnight, take them out and roll them in dry vermiculite. And placing them in the above mentioned plastic bin. After 10-20 I will spray them with water to let the vermiculite stick better. I will most likely just place them on a sheet of foil? Or should I buy Perlite and hydrate that?

When I wake up I will take the lid off and let it get some fresh air and when I get home I will do the same. (Also note I am going to drill small holes into the bin)

Then wait for them to grow! Twist them out and let them dry in front of a computer fan.

I will save some for more spores and save some for myself.

All in all sound good? Any improvements? Anything blatantly wrong?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale