Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinegethyn
MR.STINK FINGER
Male User Gallery

Loc: first row at church
Re: Easiest way to knock up bulk quart jars [Re: xswaveyx]
    #9113621 - 10/22/08 12:46 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

wild bird seed is great and its easy i started with it then went to rye and am now back with WBS.:cheers:

--------------------
I RESEMBLE THE REST

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinegethyn
MR.STINK FINGER
Male User Gallery

Loc: first row at church
Re: Easiest way to knock up bulk quart jars [Re: gethyn]
    #9113637 - 10/22/08 12:49 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Get real sterile and open it up at the base inside cut away part of the center tissue and lc if your clean and quick youll have more to play with my friend.:cheers:

--------------------
I RESEMBLE THE REST

Offlinexswaveyx
SwaveY
 User Gallery

Loc: East
Re: Easiest way to knock up bulk quart jars [Re: gethyn]
    #9115031 - 10/22/08 11:18 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

gethyn said:
Get real sterile and open it up at the base inside cut away part of the center tissue and lc if your clean and quick youll have more to play with my friend.:cheers:

Does it matter where i cut? should i try to get to the center of the mushroom where it hasnt touched outside air and use that part for an LC or can i just whack a slab off of it anywhere? Im doing this today...well the jars today atleast.

--------------------
Delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol - or THC, the active chemical in weed - is in the same family of organic molecules as anandamide, a chemical found in the human brain that is associated with feelings of bliss such as those released during sex. So on a molecular level, getting laid and getting stoned aren't too different.

My Growlog with Redboy,Amazon,and Brazilian

Invisiblederx
who run it
 User Gallery

Loc: dx/dt
    #9115143 - 10/22/08 11:37 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

He just told you to cut the center tissue.  By that he means not exposed to air side.

--------------------
better living through chemistry

OVERGROW the government!!

it's not a war on drugs, it's a war on personal freedom, ok, thats what it is.

Offlinegofudgeyourself
Student
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Easiest way to knock up bulk quart jars [Re: derx]
    #9115421 - 10/22/08 12:38 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

this is how i did mine

soak polyfil with alcohol sprayer, flame needle, wrap needle in alcohol paper towel, quickly shove into the polyfil, inject LC, pull out and wrap in alcohol paper towel.....no contams as of yet. i would shit myself trying to noc 100 jars in a glovebox.

--------------------
"believe it if you need it, or leave it if you dare."

"turn all the hate in the world, into a mocking bird. make it fly away" :peace:

Offlinexswaveyx
SwaveY
 User Gallery

#9117142 - 10/22/08 05:32 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

derx said:
He just told you to cut the center tissue.  By that he means not exposed to air side.

Just trying to make sure thats what he meant. Sorry.

I didnt want to start a new topic but... on the subject of popcorn...since ive been reading about wbs. I see samsclub has a 50 lb bag of popcorn for $23. Ive read the tek on popcorn but says nothing about using bags at all. If i were to use bags... popcorn doesnt expand right? So i would have to fill each bag up with 2 qts of popcorn to make 2 qts of spawn correct? I think im going to use the 10lb of rye, and then try popcorn...since it seems a lot less of a hassle than birdseed from the teks i read. Can someone clear that up?:stoned:

EDIT: Is corn starch a bad idea for an LC?Its all i have available atm.:crazy:

--------------------
Delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol - or THC, the active chemical in weed - is in the same family of organic molecules as anandamide, a chemical found in the human brain that is associated with feelings of bliss such as those released during sex. So on a molecular level, getting laid and getting stoned aren't too different.

Edited by xswaveyx (10/22/08 06:18 PM)

Offlinegofudgeyourself
Student
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #9118304 - 10/22/08 09:17 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

this is how i did mine

soak polyfil with alcohol sprayer, flame needle, wrap needle in alcohol paper towel, quickly shove into the polyfil, inject LC, pull out and wrap in alcohol paper towel.....no contams as of yet. i would shit myself trying to noc 100 jars in a glovebox.

--------------------
"believe it if you need it, or leave it if you dare."

"turn all the hate in the world, into a mocking bird. make it fly away" :peace:

Offlinedrwatson
Slacker
 User Gallery

Loc: nowhere land
    #9118365 - 10/22/08 09:28 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

xswaveyx said:
Well, everything is in place except for my spores. im knocking up 80-100 quart jars, im guessing closer to 100 since we have them.... but im going straight from spores. I have tons of PESA prints that would easily do the job, but the plan was to have 20 of each strain (4 straings), and then make some extras. So pretty much i need to make 25 quarts out of each strain. What would be the easiest approach? Buy a print, and liquify it down.... buy 8 syringes? How much do i really need to get this going?I know it would be easier to knock up a jar of rye and let it colonize, then spread to other jars.... but thats not what im trying to do, will be doing 14 jars a day and trying to do it all as close together as we can. Thanks

Dude don't waste your time waiting for 100 jars of multispore to colonize.  Do a few of each, if you don't have contaminants do GRAIN TO GRAIN to fresh jars at a ratio of 10:1.  10 new jars to 1 colonized healthy jar.

The G2G jars will be done fucking quick and you'll probably have a better contaminant rate.

You only need one syringe of each strain.

Just start with syringes and do G2G.

:2cents:

Edited by drwatson (10/22/08 09:29 PM)

Offlinexswaveyx
SwaveY
 User Gallery

Re: Easiest way to knock up bulk quart jars [Re: drwatson]
    #9118381 - 10/22/08 09:32 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

read 2 posts up? :confused:

--------------------

Offlinedrwatson
Slacker
 User Gallery

#9118497 - 10/22/08 09:48 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

It would suck to lose 100 jars to a contaminated LC that's all I'm saying, multispore or not you can't see contaminates in an LC.

you could use this to make a viable, not contaminated, clone of your fruit body to inoculate grain masters then do grain to grain.

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/8803460/an/0/page/1

I know it's not the easiest but I think it's probably the best way to get the results you want.

Offlinexswaveyx
SwaveY
 User Gallery

#9118820 - 10/22/08 10:36 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

drwatson said:
It would suck to lose 100 jars to a contaminated LC that's all I'm saying, multispore or not you can't see contaminates in an LC.

you could use this to make a viable, not contaminated, clone of your fruit body to inoculate grain masters then do grain to grain.

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/8803460/an/0/page/1

I know it's not the easiest but I think it's probably the best way to get the results you want.

you obviously just read the first post and responded without seeing what others have said already. im not using jars anymore. thats why i just asked those questions like 6 posts up.

--------------------

Offlinedrwatson
Slacker
 User Gallery

#9118840 - 10/22/08 10:39 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

oh okay.  well good luck then!

no i didn't read all three pages and just answered the original post.

really my main concern was pushing g2g over lc but to each his own

edit: and you could still do grain masters and g2g with bags

Edited by drwatson (10/22/08 10:43 PM)

Offlinexswaveyx
SwaveY
 User Gallery

#9118944 - 10/22/08 10:57 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

im more focused on how much popcorn i need to use to make 2 qts of spawn :wink: and if i can do it in bags like rye. I read popcorn tek using jars, just makin sure im doin it right before i do it

--------------------

Offlinepetridish
gutted mycophile

#9120186 - 10/23/08 08:35 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

I would try another grain/grains. Wbs or grain would be my suggestions. I've had terrible luck with corn and I know a lot of others have also. I lean towards wbs because of price and availability. Good luck

Offlinexswaveyx
SwaveY
 User Gallery

Re: Easiest way to knock up bulk quart jars [Re: petridish]
    #9120747 - 10/23/08 11:15 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

wbs looks like a lot more work, and i have read a ton of ppl having trouble with the right moisture/seeds germinating completly.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag