Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineGigaHurtz1
Stranger
Storing DMT
    #9113807 - 10/22/08 01:32 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I might have the opportunity to aquire some DMT, yet I do not feel as if I am ready to experience  it yet. I was wondering if and how I wuold be able to store it for up to a year?
Thanks alot
-Giga

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineGreenGoat
Chewer of Fine Pastures
Male User Gallery

Loc: Northern California
Re: Storing DMT [Re: GigaHurtz1]
    #9114582 - 10/22/08 09:09 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

bippity bump...
I was wondering this myself. I might be getting some soon and will need to store some of it for a bit. Any particular advice, or just the usual, keep it out of light and air as much as possible thang?

InvisibleEntropymancer
 User Gallery
    #9114606 - 10/22/08 09:19 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

"Opportunity to acquire" sounds like you won't be making it youself, so you don't have control over the purity.  If it's white as snow, then it can probably survive up to a year (as long as it's kept in a cool place, if it gets too hot it will melt and break down much quicker). If it's yellowish, then the odds of it keeping good that long aren't so high.

If you want to be sure it will survive, you could store it as the more stable fumarate salt, and freebase it for use when you're ready. There's an extended discussion of converting DMT to DMT fumarate on the DMT Nexus, but what it boils down to is this:

Quote:

Here’s the quick tech:

1) Completely dissolve 1000 mg of freebase DMT in 50 ml of acetone.
2) Completely dissolve 309 mg of fumaric acid in another batch of 50 ml of acetone.
3) Mix for 1 minute and evaporate at room temperature to give DMT fumarate.

(You probably won't even have to evaporate, as DMT fumarate is insoluble in acetone and should precipitate out)

To recover the DMT freebase, simply dissolve the fumarate salt in water, increase the pH to 11, extract with naphtha (or other nonpolar solvent, just like a normal DMT extraction), and evaporate the naphtha down or collect the product by freeze-precipitation.

Offlinewutupfoo
I have mushroom OCD
Male User Gallery

Loc: North-Western USA
    #9114794 - 10/22/08 10:31 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

As with any drug, if you are not ready to take it when you get the opportunity, don't buy/pick/grow it. If you aren't fully ready to accept the positive and negative consequences (because let's not forget, all drugs have pro's and con's.) then you should not use it, or it can kill the whole experience for you. Each drug, is like a woman. at certain times, certain women are more appealing than others. each one will offer you a positive (getting high) and a negative (bad experience/coming down) but they all present materialize in different ways.

Storing is just asking for trouble. Not only do you risk wasting money. But you never know when an un-expected discovery can make your world come crashing down.

There will be other chances to buy DMT when you are ready to consume it. I would sit on the decision for a while; DMT is incredible, but as with anything, if you are not expecting the consequence, it can ruin the experience forever. Thus eliminating the possibility of you enjoying the drug under the right circumstances.

Either way, good luck, hope this helps.

--------------------
"Don't waste a good high on a bad time; rather enhance a good time with a great high."

-Christoph

(*)I am a 21 year old pathological liar. I didn't have any friends growing up, so I feel that I have to impress people I may never meet online with fabricated stories. Any threads/messages I write are strictly false, and have no relevance to any daily experiences in my life. Basically, I am just a law respecting, citizen with no friends(*)

I have mushroom Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. Everywhere I go I can't stop searching. I can be found where there are wood chips, dune grasses, and animal dung. It is an obsession, a part of me; I never want to be without it.

Take me up to space, I want to see the clouds.

OfflineGreenGoat
Chewer of Fine Pastures
Male User Gallery

Re: Storing DMT [Re: wutupfoo]
    #9114865 - 10/22/08 10:44 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I am "ready" as far as I can tell. At least for me, that isn't the question. It doesn't come around a lot here, and I am not chemically inclined (as in extracting it myself). I will probably buy more than one or two trips worth, so I want to know how to properly store this sacrament as I use it over time...

InvisibleEntropymancer
 User Gallery
Re: Storing DMT [Re: GreenGoat]
    #9114895 - 10/22/08 10:49 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

GreenGoat said:
I am not chemically inclined (as in extracting it myself)

Honestly, it's easier than baking a cake.  With a cake, if you add the wrong amounts of stuff before you bake it, it's ruined.  With a DMT extraction, there's really no way to screw it up; if you do something wrong, you can always fix it as long as you don't throw anything away.

OfflineGreenGoat
Chewer of Fine Pastures
Male User Gallery

Re: Storing DMT [Re: Entropymancer]
    #9114916 - 10/22/08 10:54 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I know, and call me lazy, crazy, hazy or what ever, but it just doesn't appeal to me right now. My mailing address isnt where I live, I dont have a credit card, i live in an apartment building with nosy and uptight neighbors, i dont even have time to bake a cake. I have 12 hour days (I usually am posting here from work, as I am right now), so it just makes more sense in my mind to let it come to me. And it has.... so.... yeah.

Offlinewutupfoo
I have mushroom OCD
Male User Gallery

Loc: North-Western USA
Re: Storing DMT [Re: GreenGoat]
    #9114960 - 10/22/08 11:04 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

not to mention, storing also carries its own set of dangers.

STRICTLY HYPOTHETICAL SCENARIO:
You buy your DMT, take some, attempt to store the rest. A few months goes by, and some black mold decides to grow right next to where you have stored your stash. Black Mold can kill...

STRICTLY HYPOTHETICAL SCENARIO 2:
A rat or mouse comes along, chews through the canister, and the rat/mouse gets high for free... that mother fucker owes you some money.

STRICTLY HYPOTHETICAL SCENARIO 3:
Somehow, someway, an infantile family member "happens" upon your stash. Is it worth the potential problems?

Storing might seem like a better idea to me, if you had a gun safe like I do. If you have a way of guaranteeing that it is securely within your possession only, then maybe its kosher; granted the shit will keep; which I am not too sure whether it will or wont.

Either way, good luck, man.

--------------------
"Don't waste a good high on a bad time; rather enhance a good time with a great high."

-Christoph

(*)I am a 21 year old pathological liar. I didn't have any friends growing up, so I feel that I have to impress people I may never meet online with fabricated stories. Any threads/messages I write are strictly false, and have no relevance to any daily experiences in my life. Basically, I am just a law respecting, citizen with no friends(*)

I have mushroom Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. Everywhere I go I can't stop searching. I can be found where there are wood chips, dune grasses, and animal dung. It is an obsession, a part of me; I never want to be without it.

Take me up to space, I want to see the clouds.

Offlinekrypto2000
Unknown

Re: Storing DMT [Re: wutupfoo]
    #9115437 - 10/22/08 12:40 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

STRICTLY HYPOTHETICAL SCENARIO 4:
You store your dmt in a safe. A very intelligent, safe cracking, hippie burgler breaks in. Uses his safedar and finds your safe, cracks it in seconds and finds your drug stash, all there in one central location.

Guess you'll learn to not store things in safes anymore. I'd suggest an assortment of small metal containers. These can easily be buried at any public, or private, location. The best method, I have found, is to bury all of your drugs at a different place many miles apart. Even better, split even those up, if someone finds one meth box, well you still got another meth box across town so it's no biggie. If someone finds the box, it also doesn't have your name on it and it's not on your property so you're good. This is what I've been doing for years and have had minimal problems.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds