Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

MagicBag.co Shop: Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleTEAL_MUST_DIE
hobbes was right
Male

the feeling of not trusting your friends while trippin
    #9113023 - 10/21/08 10:42 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

well it might just be me but sometimes when i trip with my "friends" i get this feeling of distrusting my friends, i mean, i know that im just trippin as well as them, but sometimes i feel like they're having bad thoughts about me and the things i do (and viceversa),

anyone?

--------------------
:megapsycrankey:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblerugergirl79
lεṡвïαṉ εχτɾøḋïṉ^
 User Gallery

Loc: cardboard box
Re: the feeling of not trusting your friends while trippin [Re: TEAL_MUST_DIE]
    #9113029 - 10/21/08 10:44 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

honestly, i think tripping just unmasks all the things that you think about but kinda hide from yourself to protect yourself.......maybe you should take this as a sign to find a new set of friends to hang out with.....sometimes tripping "opens your eyes".

InvisibleAroundtheSon
Learning to See
Male User Gallery

Loc: Midwest.
    #9113033 - 10/21/08 10:44 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

a lot of the things we feel about others, we feel about ourselves.

that said, I have felt similarly, and to be honest, I am no longer friends with those people.

sometimes you get good insights when you don't expect/want them.

play it slow. feel it out. pay attention. you are not alone.:heartpump:

Invisiblerugergirl79
lεṡвïαṉ εχτɾøḋïṉ^
 User Gallery

Loc: cardboard box
Re: the feeling of not trusting your friends while trippin [Re: AroundtheSon]
    #9113037 - 10/21/08 10:45 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

AroundtheSon said:
you are not alone.:heartpump:

<<<<so so true!

Offlineben_dover0802
shroom addict
Male

#9113076 - 10/21/08 10:51 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

hmm, I usually trip with the same friends I used to hang out with throughout high school and I trust them completely.  BUT, recently tried it with some semi-friends and I don't know if I didn't trust them, but definitely found myself wondering what they were thinking, especially about tripping with me.  Maybe you need to trip with your good friends.

Offlinemushroomhunter10
Jack-Of-All-Trades
Male User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
Re: the feeling of not trusting your friends while trippin [Re: ben_dover0802]
    #9113098 - 10/21/08 10:55 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

After my last bad trip I can now read people like a book. Something in me opened up. An awareness, a sixth sense, if you will, but only in regards to emotions of others. I can tell just by looking most times. I can see things others can't. Very strange gift I was given on that bad trip.

I would say go with your gut. It rarely fails me.

Best Regards.

--------------------
Imagine if you needed it and it wasn't there... GIVE BLOOD
Get a free (PAINLESS) bone marrow testing kit and help save lives HERE.
Jesus if you're reading this, please come back already. We need you now more than ever!
The U.S. Constitution!

Best WBS Tek
EZ Potato-Honey Agar Tek
MY TRADES

InvisibleMr Cyan
    #9113125 - 10/21/08 11:00 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I've had this happen to me once while I was on two hits of strong acid. My friends face was completely distorted, but yet he seemed to be looking at me with a distressingly, nervous smile. i took this smile to be that of him freaking out, which caused me to slightly freak out as I realized I was losing my mind. I laid back & listened to the horridly thrilling music of The Mars Volta. Opened my eyes two hours later completely stripped of my ego, & shaking like a mad man. Crazy night. Crazy times. Totally worth it!

OfflineZinglons Acolyte
Wizard Ninja
Male User Gallery

Loc: Andromeda Galaxy
Re: the feeling of not trusting your friends while trippin [Re: Mr Cyan]
    #9113190 - 10/21/08 11:12 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

personally, i wouldnt want to trip with someone i wouldnt trust my life with, i have social anxiety and get paranoid about people

if im offered though and its someone i know reasonably well, i would accept the offer provided there arent people there that i dont know

--------------------
And they wandered off.. nine ways till bedfast.
-----
"And lets pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space 'cause theres bugger-all down here on earth!"  -Monty Python's "The Universe Song" from The Meaning of Life
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely considered as a bad move."  -Douglas Adams "The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy"
"If the words 'life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness' don't include the right to experiment with your own consciousness, then the Declaration of Independence isn't worth the hemp it was written on." -Terence McKenna

Offlinefawhit
Mad as you
Male User Gallery

Loc: Great White North
Re: the feeling of not trusting your friends while trippin [Re: Zinglons Acolyte]
    #9113273 - 10/21/08 11:26 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I like how you put friends in quotations. You answered your own question. I had the same thing with "frieeeends" lol when I got really baked. The message? You don't trust these people but you hang around them to be cool. The drugs are bringing out your true feelings and you know it!

--------------------

OfflinePacktLikeFishees
Hit the bottom and escaped.

Re: the feeling of not trusting your friends while trippin [Re: Mr Cyan]
    #9113414 - 10/21/08 11:50 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I get this a lot whenever I'm high. I can see behind their charades. I always know if they're truly having fun with me or are just forcing it out. Last time I was tripping, I was having a truly good time with an old friend whom I detest, and it was great until he learned that I was tripping. All of a sudden he felt silly about having so much fun with someone who's tripping, and the connection was gone. Sober people suck man. I try to do without them whenever possible. Although, for me, it's less a trust issue more an annoyance thing.

--------------------
R.I.P. Clone High

OfflineLSDXM
What Doth Life?
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: The 518
Re: the feeling of not trusting your friends while trippin [Re: PacktLikeFishees]
    #9113526 - 10/22/08 12:18 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

It's already been said, but it's probably two-fold. One, you feel about yourself what you assume they're thinking about you. Two, your friends are very bound up in subtext and fail to hide it well when they're tripping, and since you're tripping you're far more able to read subtext.

It's hard for me to imagine people not thinking in this manner, because I literally always have. In fact when I was younger it was a problem for me (well, more of a problem for my parents) because I'd freak out around people, feeling their true intentions too intensely to act normally.

One of the most well established consistent effects of psychedelics is realizing what's behind your thought patterns, and eventually realizing that everyone's the same. If this isn't something that sounds good to you, you're in the wrong department. If it does, then you should think about this more deeply and come to some conclusions about your friends on your own.

--------------------

The number of times I edit my post is directly related to the number of times I've hit the bong :bonghit2:

InvisibleCognitive_Shift
CS actual
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #9113548 - 10/22/08 12:25 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I have only tripped with people i have known for a majority life.  I have never gotten those kinds of thoughts.  I have even tripped with my ex gf and her bf at the time who is one of my best friends.  You think there would be some energy awkwardness, but we all bonded closer.

--------------------
L'enfer est plein de bonnes volontés et désirs

OfflineNoteworthy
Sophyphile
 User Gallery

Re: the feeling of not trusting your friends while trippin [Re: Cognitive_Shift]
    #9113666 - 10/22/08 12:58 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Umm sometimes these negative thoughts are known as 'paranoia' and you shouldnt take them all so seriously. I learned not to listen to my feelings more but to listen more closely to them before making judgements.

Sometimes people arent thinking anything negative at all about you, but it feels that way. this is not a problem necessarily with them, or with your friendship, but with an anxiety that is in your mind, and which is keeping you from experiencing life to the fullest.

Although we can often sense people more closely when on acid or shrooms.. well the cognitive results we get ('what' they are thinking about, 'what' they are laughing about, 'what' they are doing that for) are usually pretty damn misaligned in the long run. This is from my own experience as well as looking at the sort sof things other people freak out about..

So my advice is to be OPEN and TALK to people you are tripping with. If they are laughing at you, then ask 'Why are you laughing at me?' or 'what is so funny?'. Just be strong, honest, and open.

This is how you find your true friends, imo. Because the best friends will respond with equal honesty.

--------------------

Offlineapostle11
Zoom Zoomers
Male

Re: the feeling of not trusting your friends while trippin [Re: Noteworthy]
    #9113791 - 10/22/08 01:28 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I personally don't get those feelings more than likely because I literally only trip with a couple people and I have known them for about 15+ years.. I could see getting that feeling though if I just tripped with my normal friends....Choose your trip mates wisely!

--------------------

Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

Loc: ny Flag
Re: the feeling of not trusting your friends while trippin [Re: apostle11]
    #9113831 - 10/22/08 01:39 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

my and a friend of mine both get the feeling when we trip that everyone hates us and is against us.

we look at each other and know that its true for sure.

everyone has a hating egotistical side as the first layer, no matter how soft they appear.

--------------------
You can check the last post in my journal for contact info.

OfflineNexion
Seeker
Male

Re: the feeling of not trusting your friends while trippin [Re: truekimbo2]
    #9114649 - 10/22/08 09:34 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

First, I would only recommend tripping with close friends, not semi friends. Second, maybe you could try talking to your friends about your concerns. I wouldn't confront them during the trip, but sometime a few days before the trip try. Just try and clear things up with them, who knows maybe they feel the same and talking about it will bring you closer. If you still feel sketched about these friends I wouldn't boom with them.

Invisibleslacker008
Resident Psychiatrist
 User Gallery

Loc: A wave of reality.
Re: the feeling of not trusting your friends while trippin [Re: Nexion]
    #9114673 - 10/22/08 09:44 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

"..that is because... there is not BUT you."

--------------------
..beneath the chaos of the world, all is secretly well..

Rebuilding my DNA.

Offlinewutupfoo
I have mushroom OCD
Male User Gallery

Loc: North-Western USA
Re: the feeling of not trusting your friends while trippin [Re: Nexion]
    #9114680 - 10/22/08 09:47 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I can guarantee you, that you are most definitely not alone. I have noticed, sometimes, in a even ever so slightly undesirable setting, I tend to be overly critical while tripping. if you are getting uneasy feelings, it tends to be best to avoid that setting/environment/people.

GOOD LUCK!

--------------------
"Don't waste a good high on a bad time; rather enhance a good time with a great high."

-Christoph

(*)I am a 21 year old pathological liar. I didn't have any friends growing up, so I feel that I have to impress people I may never meet online with fabricated stories. Any threads/messages I write are strictly false, and have no relevance to any daily experiences in my life. Basically, I am just a law respecting, citizen with no friends(*)

I have mushroom Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. Everywhere I go I can't stop searching. I can be found where there are wood chips, dune grasses, and animal dung. It is an obsession, a part of me; I never want to be without it.

Take me up to space, I want to see the clouds.

Offlinekenneld
Stranger
Re: the feeling of not trusting your friends while trippin [Re: wutupfoo]
    #9115548 - 10/22/08 01:01 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

i have fairly severe social anxiety that has begun to dissipate over the last few years that i've been tripping. i love everyone while tripping. strangers, friends, doesn't matter. tripping has completely opened my eyes to how easy it is to love everyone. it's taken real work on my part to bring this attitude into my sober life, but i'm getting there.

Offlinemaysrome
It is a disgusting sandwich.
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Alabama, USA
Re: the feeling of not trusting your friends while trippin [Re: kenneld]
    #9115686 - 10/22/08 01:25 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I must say that I truly don' t 100% trust anyone. This goes for bestfriends, girlfriend, anyone. It is often brought to my attention while under the influence of various substances. I love and care for all these people, but, never think that there is no chance a friend will double cross you. There is always the possability.

--------------------
Es muss sein?!

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

MagicBag.co Shop: Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag