Home | Community | Message Board

Myco Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Advanced Mycology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Anonymous

Re: 119 degrees F and still going
    #91107 - 12/16/99 11:45 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

What type of growth, strain etc... Any ill or strange effects? This is something that I have just taken as fact from mushroom literature, don't know why, I seem to test everything else. I used to have a theory that cubensis could live at much higher temps, but it's growing substrate became too dry at the higher temps. Remember, not everything you read is true, it's just someone's opinion waiting to be proven wrong. How many people in this world have _ACTUALY_ tested how hot cubensis gulf coast strain or other, can get. Might find something intresting in the high heat, like lack of competing bacteria? (doubtful). Come to think of it. I just saw my friends cubies fruiting just fine in 113 F last night, I turned the heat down, but maybe I should have left it??
-Capt'n

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Anonymous

#91109 - 12/16/99 01:38 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

That is in fact interesting. I know that you are speaking of the colinization of the substrate phase, but I have been thinking about the effects of temprature on potency. It seems to me that cubes fruited at lower temps seem to be more potent. I of course have no hard core evidence or scientific analysis to back this claim up. Over the summer with the air conditioner on I had a hard time keeping the temps on the old terrium above 72. My PF strain grew very slowly in the fruiting chamber, yet I had some of my most potent batches to date. I have had a few batches since the heat is back on in the house and they are all good, in fact they grow much faster, but there seemed to be something a little special about the slow going cold temps of the air conditioned house this summer. When I am comparing, I am talking about shrooms grown the exact same way.

InvisibleRyche HawkV
A Messenger
Male User Gallery

#91110 - 12/18/99 02:10 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

--------------------
-Peace-

High Quality MUSHROOM SPORES and CULTURES  for microscopy at www.muShrooms.com

muShrooms.com is the new web site of
www.thehawkseye.com

Edited by Ryche Hawk (06/05/17 07:32 PM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Advanced Mycology