Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!
Is it at all possible to save any part of my batch now that I have found mold in every one of my jars? I am not sure where the mold came from, as I took extra precautions in the setup process. I washed my hands and area where all of the prep work was going to take place, as well as bought all of the right materials. In the sterilization process I boiled them as indicated on Shroomery.com. I sealed the jars with foil as suggested, as well as placed zip lock bags over each one to insure no unwanted moisture got in the jars(extra precaution I thought might be a godd idea). Everything was looking fantastic until a few weeks into the grow process. At this point, the colony is still growing, but in the past there has been a strange odor coming from some of the jars. In addition, there is a small patch of bluish green in each jar. The mycellium has a fethered look at the top, and although it isnt rapidly still colonizing, it has made some progress. Is it possible to save any of the already grown mycellium so I dont have to order new spores? Or am I screwed? I want to try again as soon as possible, and without waiting for the mycellium to colonize via slow ass spores. If anyone has a remedy/idea please let me know. I'm dying ova' hea'!
I am sorry, but your jars are doomed. If you were really clean, it could be the syringe. I suggest contacting the vendor you got the syringe from and while you wait for a replacement try to make a few jars and let them sit. If they get contaminated you know it's your technique, if not you know it was the syringe. Better luck next time!
If you have your jars colonizing for "weeks", it possibly means the growth has staled and some contaminants have settled. Try untaping the holes (if any) and flipping the jars. If the mycellium doesn't kick back in about 3 or 4 days then your jars are defenitly lost. Note that this procedure is at your own risk, don't try to fruit the cakes if you believe they still have contamination.