Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTrippyVibrato
Stranger

Very low yield
    #9103106 - 10/20/08 07:50 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

So I have 7 1/2 pint jars of WBS that all colonized completely and 0%contams. I kept one jar out for future G2G transfers. This was my very first grow. I cased with 50% verm and 50 peat moss and put into a cake tray, a smaller cake tray, and a mini plant holder (for fun). The large tray has about 60-80 small-decent sized fruits that wil be ready for harvesting ithing the next few days. However, the smaller casing has 1 decent sized shroom and 2 small ones. Other wise its compeltely barren, and the mini casing had some pins but they never got any further... The large casing has spots where there could be at least 20-30 more fruits but it just simply has nothing coming up. The myc def took over the full casing. Why is this? I know that the conditions had to be decent if I am geting some good fruits coming along... will these spots fruit better for my next flush's? I am afraid it might be the fluctuating temps as it moves into winter and my apt only turned the radiators on sometimes...

another question, how big are the shrooms supposed to be if they are B+ strain? These guys are about 2- 2.5 inches in growth, however they are JUST now starting to form veils so they will prob get bigger.

Also, how do you remoisturize the casings after frist harvest in order to get next flushes with WBS and 50/50? Thanks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemushroomhunter10
Jack-Of-All-Trades
Male User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
Re: Very low yield [Re: TrippyVibrato]
    #9103112 - 10/20/08 07:54 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Pick them just as the veil breaks for best potency.

Be aware of humidity and temperature. 76 degrees for fruiting and 95%-99% humidity. No worries man. For you first attempt you've done a great job. No contaminants and edible results is a good thing for first time.

You'll be fine. Answers come with experience.

--------------------
Imagine if you needed it and it wasn't there... GIVE BLOOD
Get a free (PAINLESS) bone marrow testing kit and help save lives HERE.
Jesus if you're reading this, please come back already. We need you now more than ever!
The U.S. Constitution!

Best WBS Tek
EZ Potato-Honey Agar Tek
MY TRADES

OfflineBig Red
No Stranger Than Anyone Else
Female

Loc: Tx Gulf Coast
Re: Very low yield [Re: mushroomhunter10]
    #9103197 - 10/20/08 08:46 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I recently completed my first grow late Sept. (Puerto Rican strain - at least that's what the label said) and I experienced exactly the same issues that you have although I didn't transfer the pf tek method cakes to a bulk substrate (brf+verm+something else the manufacturer said would beef up the yield although that never happened!) I fruited in a chamber right from the cakes themselves...

Since my very low yield (but satisfying potency) I have researched further on what I can improve. I now know that my fruiting environment probably didn't have enough FAE although I had more than enough humidity (without condensation drippage). I also know now that I didn't use the cake 'dunk and roll' method with is highly touted.

So, all in all I suggest you 'hit the books' (use search function herein) and study the different grow phase methods to review in depth where your technique needs improvement. While researching I've had to take copious notes because I don't have total recall and I've had to use imagination in translating instructions written by enthusiasts whose skills are clearly not focused in writing prose for public consumption.

As the experienced growers say, if you can't be completely successful with the cubes, you'll never advance to more esoteric (and potentially potent) strains. Mycology is a science and although the shrooms can be found in the wild our ability to duplicate nature requires thought and study. After all, nature had billions of years to get it right.

--------------------
To Quote Voltaire: "God created man in his image and man returned the favor". Does this say something about man, or God?

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: Very low yield [Re: Big Red]
    #9103354 - 10/20/08 09:34 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

You didn't give any information on the most important parts of growing.  What lighting are you using?  How much fresh air are you giving?  What is the humidity in your fruiting area?  How often are you misting?  Those are the things that impact your yield.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder