Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinexswaveyx
SwaveY
 User Gallery

Loc: East
Easiest way to knock up bulk quart jars
    #9101762 - 10/19/08 08:43 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Well, everything is in place except for my spores. im knocking up 80-100 quart jars, im guessing closer to 100 since we have them.... but im going straight from spores. I have tons of PESA prints that would easily do the job, but the plan was to have 20 of each strain (4 straings), and then make some extras. So pretty much i need to make 25 quarts out of each strain. What would be the easiest approach? Buy a print, and liquify it down.... buy 8 syringes? How much do i really need to get this going?I know it would be easier to knock up a jar of rye and let it colonize, then spread to other jars.... but thats not what im trying to do, will be doing 14 jars a day and trying to do it all as close together as we can. Thanks

--------------------
Delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol - or THC, the active chemical in weed - is in the same family of organic molecules as anandamide, a chemical found in the human brain that is associated with feelings of bliss such as those released during sex. So on a molecular level, getting laid and getting stoned aren't too different.

My Growlog with Redboy,Amazon,and Brazilian

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleflameclown
totality is amust
 User Gallery

Re: Easiest way to knock up bulk quart jars *DELETED* [Re: xswaveyx]
    #9101840 - 10/19/08 09:06 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Post deleted by flameclown

Reason for deletion: [this post is damn old]

OfflineBuckeye Oysters
From Zero to Hero
 User Gallery

Re: Easiest way to knock up bulk quart jars [Re: flameclown]
    #9101847 - 10/19/08 09:09 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

1 print will make 6+ syringes.  1 syringe will shoot up 20 jars if 1/2cc injection is used, so just one print and 5 syringes would be sufficient to do 100 jars.

--------------------
Evolution is Lamarckism in disguise.  Adaptation never creates a new species or trait, but rather the new species/trait always existed within the parent DNA until circumstances allowed it to be activated.  For instance, every wolf has the DNA for poodles, but that DNA would never be revealed without man selectively breeding for it.

Offlinegethyn
MR.STINK FINGER
Male User Gallery

Loc: first row at church
Re: Easiest way to knock up bulk quart jars [Re: xswaveyx]
    #9101850 - 10/19/08 09:10 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Well if you have a tsc or a rule king. Its a farm supply place you can get all the luker syringes you need. If you have sterile prints i would do LC. Most will steer you away from multi spore LC but Ive had pretty good results, I do like to isolate before LC but if your in a hurry thats the way to go for your bulk that you seem to want. If your doing 100 quart jars and say they are a success you have a lot of work ahead of you my friend.:cheers:

--------------------
I RESEMBLE THE REST

Offlinegianimon
learing
 User Gallery

#9101880 - 10/19/08 09:19 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

will be doing 14 jars a day and trying to do it all as close together as we can

Quote:

I know it would be easier to knock up a jar of rye and let it colonize, then spread to other jars.... but thats not what im trying to do

but that's the quickest method to achive your goals.  overall times is much better when you can do everything at once like inoc all jars at once.  buy the 4 strains you want in syringes unless your sterile procedures are really good for making a syringe from print.  four syringes are cheaper than 4 prints :wink:

i do about 70-80 jars at a time.  this is how you should do it IMO.  or by spawn bags, my next purchase :wink:

1. sterilize a first round of 8, 1/2 pint jars.  only put a little WBS, etc in each jar, 1/8-1/4 full.  we use a little spawn so it will colonize faster to 100%.

2. knock up your 8 jars with like 1/2cc each.  2 jars per strain incase of contamination. 

3. sterlize all your remaining jars so you have 100 sterile jars waiting for you.  a sterilized jar can last a long time b4 your inoculate.  ive let mine go a few weeks and the moisure content is fine.  just make sure you don't have too large air holes, i use 1/4" but most people use 1/16-1/8". 

4. once the jars you knocked up are 90-100% colonized and free of contaim sterilize 4 quart jars 1/2 full with distilled water.

5. break up spawn in jar to loosen WBS, rye,etc.

6. take a sterile syringe and take some sterile water out of a jar and inject it into a colonized jar. shake jar to get myc into the water.

7. use syringe to take out myc laden water.  i like to take out like 30cc of myc water.

8. inject myc water into jar of sterile water.

9. you now have a real deal LC which is practically guaranteed to be contam free if your sterile.  the LC can be used immediately and the LC should be ready by the time your done PCing 100 jars...trust me PCig that many jars takes A LONG TIME!!! (including a 23 qt PC, heat up, cool down and sleeping somewhere in between).

10. use syringe to take some of the LC and inoculate all your 100 jars as you wish with each strain.

--------------------
life is short - drink it up!~~~!

Edited by gianimon (10/19/08 09:22 PM)

Invisiblederx
who run it
 User Gallery

Loc: dx/dt
    #9101893 - 10/19/08 09:21 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

why the fuck would you make 80 quart jars of grain?

First, if you're set on using grain, try using autoclavable bags.  You can make 1 bag of substrate that is up to 4 quarts.  You only need 1 inoculation point.  You can easily mix the grain up, so colonization is much faster.

Second, Make 8 quarts of grain, and learn how to use hpoo.  Bulk production is not done using grain.

Third, grains produce small shrooms.  Hpoo produces monsters.  8 quarts of grain spawned to the proper amount of Hpoo could easily produce 4-8lbs of dried cubensis.  And you dont have to run the pressure cooker only once.

--------------------
better living through chemistry

OVERGROW the government!!

it's not a war on drugs, it's a war on personal freedom, ok, thats what it is.

Edited by derx (10/19/08 09:28 PM)

Offlinexswaveyx
SwaveY
 User Gallery

Re: Easiest way to knock up bulk quart jars [Re: gianimon]
    #9101909 - 10/19/08 09:26 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

gianimon said:
Quote:

Quote:

I know it would be easier to knock up a jar of rye and let it colonize, then spread to other jars.... but thats not what im trying to do

but that's the quickest method to achive your goals.  overall times is much better when you can do everything at once like inoc all jars at once.  buy the 4 strains you want in syringes unless your sterile procedures are really good for making a syringe from print.  four syringes are cheaper than 4 prints :wink:

i do about 70-80 jars at a time.  this is how you should do it IMO.  or by spawn bags, my next purchase :wink:

1. sterilize a first round of 8, 1/2 pint jars.  only put a little WBS, etc in each jar, 1/8-1/4 full.  we use a little spawn so it will colonize faster to 100%.

2. knock up your 8 jars with like 1/2cc each.  2 jars per strain incase of contamination. 

3. sterlize all your remaining jars so you have 100 sterile jars waiting for you.  a sterilized jar can last a long time b4 your inoculate.  ive let mine go a few weeks and the moisure content is fine.  just make sure you don't have too large air holes, i use 1/4" but most people use 1/16-1/8". 

4. once the jars you knocked up are 90-100% colonized and free of contaim sterilize 4 quart jars 1/2 full with distilled water.

5. break up spawn in jar to loosen WBS, rye,etc.

6. take a sterile syringe and take some sterile water out of a jar and inject it into a colonized jar. shake jar to get myc into the water.

7. use syringe to take out myc laden water.  i like to take out like 30cc of myc water.

8. inject myc water into jar of sterile water.

9. you now have a real deal LC which is practically guaranteed to be contam free if your sterile.  the LC can be used immediately and the LC should be ready by the time your done PCing 100 jars...trust me PCig that many jars takes A LONG TIME!!! (including a 23 qt PC, heat up, cool down and sleeping somewhere in between).

10. use syringe to take some of the LC and inoculate all your 100 jars as you wish with each strain.

You only use 1/2cc on a quart jar? Geeze... ive been using 1cc on my jelly jars... 1/4 in each hole. So then i should put one hole directly in the middle, and inject there?

Let me get this straight

Knock up 8 quarts, 2 of each spawn
Let fully colonize
break it up, spray in 30 cc water, shake up, draw back again
Knock up all other jars with the water aquired

right?

The way i see it, i have 2 16 qt pc's... 7 fit in one...so that 14 i can do at a time, thats a week worth of Pc'ing everyday... not really that bad, especially if i just store them all in bins and knock them up all on the same day. the most ive ever let one sit without inoculation was 3 days and i swore it wasnt gonna work, i was really hesitant about it.

Do i have it right? Then ill just have 2 of each jar to play with for the time being i guess huh? What if i dump all 8 of those jars (4 diff strains) into one monotub and mix it up? would i get a bunch of diff shroomies poppin up everywhere? that would be pretty neat!

--------------------
Delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol - or THC, the active chemical in weed - is in the same family of organic molecules as anandamide, a chemical found in the human brain that is associated with feelings of bliss such as those released during sex. So on a molecular level, getting laid and getting stoned aren't too different.

Offlinegianimon
learing
 User Gallery

Re: Easiest way to knock up bulk quart jars [Re: derx]
    #9101913 - 10/19/08 09:28 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

i make 80+ quart jars of spawn because when i bought them a long time ago i didnt know about bags at that time and jars last for ever and id rather loose a few jars to contam then a few bags :wink:  i dont like waste and a big plastic bag is a big waste when i cant be reused very well.

i think the OP is only talking about inoculation of spawn which is rye.  who knows what the OP will spawn into.  if the OP has 100 jars i sure hope he/she knows about hpoo and other bulk subs.

--------------------

Offlinexswaveyx
SwaveY
 User Gallery

#9101916 - 10/19/08 09:29 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Well, i have a 10lb bag of rye sitting here...i was pretty set on using it. Im going to be using coir/verm for casing...not hpoo. Inform me on the bags a little more? I saw them but didnt really understand how to do it, so i thought id just stick with what i know. I havent bought any jars yet, so now is the time to decide.... although itll only cost me 20 bucks for over 100 quart jars from my neighbor... less time sounds better.

--------------------

Invisiblederx
who run it
 User Gallery

#9101931 - 10/19/08 09:35 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

It costs more up front for the bags and the impulse sealer but they are MUCH easier to use, especially when you're trying to do bulk production.  $20 for 100 jars sounds like a steal. 

If you inoculate each jar at 4 different sites, that leads to 4 variables for error each quart.  multiplied by 80 quarts is 320 chances to make an error. 

Now, if you made 2 quart bags and inoculated each bag one time with 1ml of spore solution, you leave only 40 chances for error to make the same amount of substrate.

Shaking up half colonized bags is much easier than shaking up a half colonized jar.

PS.  you can still use rye.  I said grains and that includes rye, WBS, corn, whatever you want.

--------------------

Offlinexswaveyx
SwaveY
 User Gallery

#9101933 - 10/19/08 09:36 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

so then you use a bag for 4 quarts of rye. And if i have a 16 quart pc, i could probly fit 3 in there at once right? Double that... thats 24 quarts a night. Then i could use 1 syringe of each strain to knock them up easy? Right?...  Unless they dont hold as much as i thought?

--------------------

Invisiblederx
who run it
 User Gallery

#9101940 - 10/19/08 09:38 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

I wouldnt reccomend making 4 quart bags until you have your method down precisely.  Start small and then scale up.  Make a few 1quart bags and if that is successful, scale up to 2, then 3... etc...

The chances for wet spot developing increases ten-fold when having 4quarts of wet ryeberries sitting in 1 bag.  Thats why it's key to not overhydrate the berries.

--------------------

Offlinexswaveyx
SwaveY
 User Gallery

#9101941 - 10/19/08 09:38 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

derx said:
It costs more up front for the bags and the impulse sealer but they are MUCH easier to use, especially when you're trying to do bulk production.  $20 for 100 jars sounds like a steal. 

If you inoculate each jar at 4 different sites, that leads to 4 variables for error each quart.  multiplied by 80 quarts is 320 chances to make an error. 

Now, if you made 2 quart bags and inoculated each bag one time with 1ml of spore solution, you leave only 40 chances for error to make the same amount of substrate.

Shaking up half colonized bags is much easier than shaking up a half colonized jar.

PS.  you can still use rye.  I said grains and that includes rye, WBS, corn, whatever you want.

I dont see the sealer on that site...how much is that? I thought there would be some other way to close them... damn. 20 bucks is a steal for the jars your right, but a lot more hassle i think. This is why i decided to post tonight before i bought anything else. I have the coir/verm and rye...and proper setup. Just need spores and a plan...

--------------------

Offlinexswaveyx
SwaveY
 User Gallery

#9101955 - 10/19/08 09:42 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

derx said:
I wouldnt reccomend making 4 quart bags until you have your method down precisely.  Start small and then scale up.  Make a few 1quart bags and if that is successful, scale up to 2, then 3... etc...

The chances for wet spot developing increases ten-fold when having 4quarts of wet ryeberries sitting in 1 bag.  Thats why it's key to not overhydrate the berries.

What? are you saying theres different size bags, or that i shouldnt fill it up? So if i made 2 quart bags, then how many could i PC at once? im shooting for like 75% success rate here... i have had contams and built a proper glovebox thats completely sealed and pretty much solved those problems...so i decided i want to do something a little bigger.

--------------------

Invisiblederx
who run it
 User Gallery

#9101959 - 10/19/08 09:43 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Lana sells them on her site. 
Impulse sealer

You can also buy them very cheaply on certain auction websites. 
(sorry lana)

--------------------

Offlinegianimon
learing
 User Gallery

#9101966 - 10/19/08 09:43 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

xswaveyx said:

Quote:

gianimon said:

Quote:

xswaveyx said:
You only use 1/2cc on a quart jar? Geeze... ive been using 1cc on my jelly jars... 1/4 in each hole. So then i should put one hole directly in the middle, and inject there?

Let me get this straight

Knock up 8 quarts, 2 of each spawn

no.  8 1/2 pints.

Quote:

xswaveyx said:
Let fully colonize
break it up, spray in 30 cc water, shake up, draw back again
Knock up all other jars with the water aquired

right?

yes.  Agar did this too with the "grain to LC" thread, RR has mentioned this method before as did some other guy.

Quote:

xswaveyx said:
The way i see it, i have 2 16 qt pc's... 7 fit in one...so that 14 i can do at a time, thats a week worth of Pc'ing everyday..

yes.  and it will take that long plus maybe a week or two on the outside for the 1/8-1/4 full 1/2 pint jars to colonize fully :wink:  i get full colonization from MS in about 10-14 days in most cases.

will both PCs fit on your stove at the same time?  have you tried it?  how big are 16 qt PCs?  i guess if you have 4 burners you can do it.  i dont think i could fit two 23 qt PCs on my stove.

i do 20-30 quart jars a day depending upon how awake i am. 

Quote:

xswaveyx said:
not really that bad, especially if i just store them all in bins and knock them up all on the same day. the most ive ever let one sit without inoculation was 3 days and i swore it wasnt gonna work, i was really hesitant about it.

yea they can sit for a while, a few weeks anyway.  ive gone about 2 weeks without issue.

Quote:

xswaveyx said:
Do i have it right? Then ill just have 2 of each jar to play with for the time being i guess huh?

yea you have it right.  but by the time they are colonized will be surprised because youll be PCing like a mofo, lol. 

Quote:

xswaveyx said:
What if i dump all 8 of those jars (4 diff strains) into one monotub and mix it up? would i get a bunch of diff shroomies poppin up everywhere? that would be pretty neat!

i do this too :wink:  when im done taking out the myc water i want i mix the swan with bulk and it works great!!! there is ALOT of myc left in the jars after you take out the water.  but your only doing 8, 1/8 full 1/2 pint jars so not much spawn there.  i do this in 3/4 full quart jars so i have a lot left over.

but this will be one big huge MS grow.  you should look at cloning and then isolation with agar to make a mater slant with or master LC [with food].  a master LC is my preference as its SO much easier to use than a master slant.

--------------------

Edited by gianimon (10/19/08 09:45 PM)

Invisiblederx
who run it
 User Gallery

#9101967 - 10/19/08 09:44 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

There are different size bags but I'm only talking about using the "large" size that I provided the link for.

I'm saying you can put different amounts of berries in the bag. 
I'm saying dont start making 4 quart bags until you know you can sucessfully make 2 quart bags.

--------------------

Offlinexswaveyx
SwaveY
 User Gallery

#9101976 - 10/19/08 09:48 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

derx said:
There are different size bags but I'm only talking about using the "large" size that I provided the link for.

I'm saying you can put different amounts of berries in the bag. 
I'm saying dont start making 4 quart bags until you know you can sucessfully make 2 quart bags.

i understand. But again... if i make 2 quart bags...how long am i gonna be PCing for? I dont know the proper water procedure for hydrating rye using bags either...since i know nothing about bags obviously. Checkin into that sealer right now...

EDIT: damn the place i used to work at has one of those. Too bad i dont work there still :wink: . 100 bucks is pretty rough, all it does is melt it together. Theres gotta be a cheaper way.

--------------------

Edited by xswaveyx (10/19/08 09:50 PM)

Offlinegianimon
learing
 User Gallery

#9101979 - 10/19/08 09:49 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

xswaveyx,

if you already have quart jars and rye then use them and spawn with it into a bulk sub like hpoo amendments or coir with amendments.  then you can case with 50/50+ tek, 60/40 tek, etc.  or not case if you so choose.  but if you take your 80 jars and put the spawn to bulk you will get a very large yield if you do everything right.

also you need alot more then 10lb of rye for 80 jars.  i use about 20-30 lbs of rye for about 80+ jars with 1.5-1.75 cup per jar, 1 cup is too little for a quart IMO.

--------------------

Offlinegianimon
learing
 User Gallery

#9101986 - 10/19/08 09:51 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

bags are the same as jars.  the same moisture in rye for bags as in jars.  bags are just big pliable jars :wink:  well that and you can fruit in them too but id def say go bulk in trays in a fruiting chamber (like a marta) if you already have 80 jars. 

--------------------

Edited by gianimon (10/19/08 09:53 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures