Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Trusted Cultivator
Re: In reply to boost up potency
    #90956 - 12/15/99 03:06 AM (24 years, 4 months ago)

No offense sean, but this seems like pointless ponderings on plants. There is no evidence (cite it if I'm mistaken) that shows any of those ideas applying to our fungus. Potency actually decreases before and during "seed" formation, and insects aren't repelled by the hallucinogens. Don't believe me, would you like my colony of fungus gnats?

But I do hear that alkaloids can be dangerously fun! Maybe that is their purpose?

------------------
-From a registered Mad Scientist

"From a certain point of view"
-Jedi Master Obiwan Kenobi (also a Mad Scientist tm)

--------------------
-Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi

PM me with any cultivation questions.

I just looked at my profile and realized I had a website at one point in time on geocities, it's not there anymore and I have no idea what I had on it. Anybody remember my website from several years aga? PM if so please.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: In reply to boost up potency [Re: mycofile]
    #90959 - 12/15/99 05:31 AM (24 years, 4 months ago)

Mycofile, it is proven that substances like DMT (in phalaris species), Mascaline (in the tricocereus,aka sanpedro family), and some other substances do occur in plants in response of irritation, and to repel insects. In san pedro cactii, if you dont give it water for a long period of time, mascaline will rise drastically. If you dont water the phalaris species for a time, than water a bit, that dont etc., DMT quantity will also rise drastically. If you take the Datura plant, you will notice that it is hardly touched by any insects. That is becuase it learned that the more tropane alkaloids it will produce it will ward off more insects.
On the other hand some plants produce substance to attract insects, like the Opium Poppy, which produces opium to attract insects that will carry the mating bodies.

The experiment of the cayenne pepper was done to test if Psilocybin if at all/is produced to repel or attract irritants.
From my experimentation with Psilocybe Cubensis, the colder the temps they fruit in, the more potent they will be (this s in general and very rough, dont flame me). FOr example, not sol ong ago I acquired a rare cold loving Cubensis, which grows in temps around 40-55. Potency is amazing! This is a highly active strain. Anyway, this cold thing if you think about it, is a kind of irritating. And if it causes the shroom to produce more psilocybin, than it just makes the point (that irrtating the shroom will cause high potency) more strong.

Later,
tweedy.

Anonymous

#90960 - 12/15/99 08:47 AM (24 years, 4 months ago)

Could you explain what is remotely similar between Phalaris, San Pedro, Opium Datura, and the fungus in question? Other than the fact they are alive, and produce some intresting alkaloids, I don't think there is anything else. I'm thinking if we spray you with Cayenne, you will produce more DMT. It's more likely then it happening with fungus. At least you produce DMT, like Phalaris, or maybe we need to cut you hair. Like mycofile, I have produced a colony of fungus gnats so large the entire apartment complex had to be shut down, maybe that was to help the fungus? I don't think so. Just my .02 on this subject. I'm old and dum tho, maybe someone talking about mutations etc could explain this to me.
-Capt'n

Offlinen8
    #90961 - 12/15/99 06:26 PM (24 years, 4 months ago)

i think it's pretty obvious why shrooms evolved psychoactive properties.

it's so they can proliferate through human cultivation.

duh :wink:.

Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Trusted Cultivator
    #90962 - 12/15/99 09:22 PM (24 years, 4 months ago)

Don't you think the temp/potency thing has more to do with less degredation of the present alkaloids than actually stressing them into producing more? I mean you said it was cold loving. I assume if you say loving, you mean it grows fine and prolifically, which isn't exactly stressed. Stressing weed plants to enhance potency will often result in most of the larger leaves dropping. Do most of your larger caps fall off, or show any other sign of stress? I just don't think this stressing thing has anything to do with our subject.
Sorry.

------------------
-From a registered Mad Scientist

-Jedi Master Obiwan Kenobi (also a Mad Scientist tm)

--------------------
-Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi

PM me with any cultivation questions.

I just looked at my profile and realized I had a website at one point in time on geocities, it's not there anymore and I have no idea what I had on it. Anybody remember my website from several years aga? PM if so please.

Invisibleaaron

#90963 - 12/21/99 06:40 PM (24 years, 3 months ago)

Compounds in plants; some have antibotic effects, a method of storing energy, attract insects and repell insects and animals. Biochemistry is a poorly understood subject, some of the compounds are so complex that they can't be synthesized.
Personally I think stress is a bad idea for plants, fungi, and MAN.
Cayene pepper, i agree, no evedience.
Cold loving, I read about cold effected the content but I can't find the scientific paper on it.
I've noticed the blueing is more intense once the night temps. dip into the 40's, no signs of stress unless ice crystals form in tissue.
Temp./Potiency= could be the enzyme system is tempature sensetive, some pathways active at different temps. or it could be that temp effects absorbsion of nutrients which effects biosynthesis, pH also plays an important role.Just a juess!
Aaron

[This message has been edited by aaron (edited December 21, 1999).]

OfflineSpringbok
enthusiast
Loc: Ehime, Japan
    #90964 - 01/04/00 08:03 AM (24 years, 3 months ago)

n8

Do you really think shrooms have the analytical capacity (and ability) to CHOOSE to have psycoactive properties, simply to spread their species through human cultivation?

I mean, shrooms have been psycoactive for hundreds of thousands, and probably millions of years. Humans have only had the ability to cultivate anything for the past several thousand years. These shrooms didn't have any idea that humans woud come along and cultivate them, because they evolved long before humans were likely to even have begun to walk upright...

What do you think?

Regards,
Springbok

--------------------
---------------------------------------------
"What does it all mean, Mr. Natural..?"
- Art Crumb

OfflineFuzzy
enthusiast

Loc: Washington State
    #90965 - 01/06/00 06:30 PM (24 years, 3 months ago)

Tweedy-
Do you have any spore prints of syringes of that cold loving cubie you were talking about? *wink wink* :smile: *nudge nudge*

--------------------
"Give Fuzzy all of your drugs. So let it be written, so let it be done!"- the word of Fuzzy the III supreme ruler of all Mycotopia

Offlinesean123
Stranger
    #90966 - 01/07/00 04:24 PM (24 years, 3 months ago)

springbok i think n8 was being silly but i think mushrooms are conscious. conscious of something :smile:.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag