Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinesdm0218
eyes peeled back
Male User Gallery

Loc: TX
Immunity vs Tolerance
    #9094651 - 10/18/08 12:04 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Is it possible to eventually become immune to a particular strain?

Do you build an immunity or tolerance?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRbz
Trip Enthusiast
Male

Loc: Central Oregon
Re: Immunity vs Tolerance [Re: sdm0218]
    #9094678 - 10/18/08 12:08 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

i think you only get tolerance, and that lasts only like 5days, an immunity? ive never heard of it, but my guess is only way that'd happen if you dosed every night and doubled your dose each day.. then maybe, but you'd probably go mentally retarded prior to that happening

*i have no experiance, just my speculation so dont take my word for it!*

OfflineInnoculus
 User Gallery

Loc: 0.0.0.1
Re: Immunity vs Tolerance [Re: Rbz]
    #9094729 - 10/18/08 12:18 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

What you call immunity is probably somewhat relative.  To someone who has tripped hundreds of times and hit a level 5 trip on more than a handful of occasions, I'm sure taking 1.5 grams of cubes or a hit of acid doesn't seem like much at all.  I'm sure it affects them about the same and causes the same dilation of pupils and subjective effects, but like I said, experiences are all relative.  I don't think there's any ACTUAL immunity that takes place.  It's all tolerance and it all goes away eventually.

Offlinesdm0218
eyes peeled back
Male User Gallery

Loc: TX
Re: Immunity vs Tolerance [Re: Rbz]
    #9094732 - 10/18/08 12:18 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

to shed a little light, me and my cousin are having an argument *drunk/stoned* -- I am saying that you build a tolerance to a strain and he is saying that you build an immunity to strain after prolonged consumption... Im from TX and he is from IN -- We both think we are right. Discuss -

Another difference of opinions was about time zones... IN is 1hr after us here in TX but he words it differently, he says that IN will be (for ex.) 4AM before TX so they are before us "in time".. and I prefer to word it as they are "after us" since 4am is after 3am --

Comment if you want -
Im fucked up.

OfflineInnoculus
 User Gallery

Loc: 0.0.0.1
Re: Immunity vs Tolerance [Re: sdm0218]
    #9094748 - 10/18/08 12:22 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Both have their point, but I think their time is simply ahead.  Anyway.. why would you gain tolerance to a particular STRAIN?  And besides that, you have to be willing to not dose for a year or more to find out if that has any credibility.  Not many on Shroomery are willing to do that.  Although there are some older folks on here that'll tell you otherwise.

I vote no on immunity.

*gavel*

OfflineRbz
Trip Enthusiast
Male

Loc: Central Oregon
Re: Immunity vs Tolerance [Re: Innoculus]
    #9094789 - 10/18/08 12:34 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Court ajerned!  or whatever they say... hehe :thumbup:

Offlinetwboss
Sceptic
Male User Gallery

Loc: 321 Flag
Re: Immunity vs Tolerance [Re: Innoculus]
    #9094823 - 10/18/08 12:44 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Immunity is defined as: resistance of an organism to infection, disease, or other unwanted biological invasion.

Drug tolerance occurs when a subject's reaction to a psychoactive drug (such as a painkiller or intoxicant) decreases so that larger doses are required to achieve the same effect. Drug tolerance can involve both psychological drug tolerance and physiological factors.

With that in mind, tolerance would be the correct definition of the situation your describing. It's never been proven that you can become "immune" to a strain. But higher tolerance levels are dually noted in most forms of frequent drug use.

I doubt the specific strain has anything to do with it. If your experiencing little effect from one strain, most likely it has more to do with low psilocybin levels most likely due to oxidation etc. Assuming your taking doses at a reasonable delayed time. Once a week for instance. You would have to experiment with very fresh doses from various grows of the same strain to even hypothesize that you have a immunity to it.

How do you take them? How long do you wait after eating? How much do you take? Are they old?

Also, your friend is talking to you from the future...he is ahead of you not after. He could jump time zones and experience a potentially 25 hour day.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale