Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
Re: Obama Wants to Prosecute Those Seeking to Prevent Vote Fraud [Re: Ferris]
    #9096230 - 10/18/08 01:45 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Ferris said:
The only reason this is a dem problem and not a GOP problem is that the dems are the only party that really does voter drives, since people who don't vote are way more likely to vote dem than GOP.

I think that if you look at the GOP voter frauds, and compared them to the dem ones, that you'd see a proportionate correlation going on there.

This sort of thing happens, its not a conspiracy, get over it

It is a conspiracy and regardless, fraud needs to be eliminated whenever possible.  Do you have a problem with that?

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblesaved by zero
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#9096234 - 10/18/08 01:45 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Ferris said:
Explain to me how this will win the election for the Democrats.

God damn it.  Hundreds of posts on the subject, and none of you can explain even that.  I've asked at least a couple times before.

The reason is that you can't.  So put up, or shut the hell up.

God damn it back at cha.

No one is saying it will win the election for the democrats.  Read and you'll see the arguments are that: what is happening is WRONG for all involved. 

What is being pointed out is that its too fucking funny( if ya wanna call it that) that in all honesty, in this situation, it is the democrats that stand to gain from these practices. 

Obama suing over it is absolutely asinine. and but for his political gain, I'd bet he wouldn't be doing it.

--------------------
I'm not a redneck, I'm a Appalachian-American

Invisiblesaved by zero
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Obama Wants to Prosecute Those Seeking to Prevent Vote Fraud [Re: zappaisgod]
    #9096242 - 10/18/08 01:48 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
What difference does it make which party it benefits when fraud is being perpetrated?  Let's break it down.  Republicans are screaming about illegal voters being registered and voting.  Democrats are screaming that it is wrong to complain.  Why do you suppose that it is that way? Are you such a partisan whore that the outcome should determine the validity of a vote?

HEAR, HEAR

--------------------

InvisibleFerris
PsychedelicJourneyman
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Obama Wants to Prosecute Those Seeking to Prevent Vote Fraud [Re: zappaisgod]
    #9096248 - 10/18/08 01:49 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
What difference does it make which party it benefits when fraud is being perpetrated?  Let's break it down.  Republicans are screaming about illegal voters being registered and voting.  Democrats are screaming that it is wrong to complain.  Why do you suppose that it is that way? Are you such a partisan whore that the outcome should determine the validity of a vote?

The "fraud" won't effect the election.  Libeling the organization and the democratic party by making unfounded claims about the volume and extent of the incident will effect the election, while itself being against the law (at least civil).

The efficacy of the voter card situation is null, but that of the claims arising from it are high.  Which should be taken more seriously with that in mind?

--------------------

Discuss Politics

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#9096265 - 10/18/08 01:53 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

One single fraudulent vote, one, no matter who it is for, is far worse than any spoken act.  And there is a coherent pattern of voter fraud being perpetrated by a single group that receives not only federal funding but has been the recipient of largesse from Obama.  Answer the fucking question, why are you calling out the whistleblowers?  And not the crooks.  I know the answer.

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#9096271 - 10/18/08 01:54 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

In America, the truth is not libel.

--------------------

Invisiblesaved by zero
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#9096281 - 10/18/08 01:57 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Ferris said:

The "fraud" won't effect the election.

Are you just "playing" dumb, or do you REALLY believe that?

--------------------

InvisibleFerris
PsychedelicJourneyman
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #9096291 - 10/18/08 01:59 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
One single fraudulent vote, one, no matter who it is for, is far worse than any spoken act.

That's bullshit.  For one, there are no fraudulent votes this election, nor probably will there be.  Second, I don't need to be studying wave probability functions to tell you that one vote doesn't matter versus millions.  Don't get existential with me.  If you want to get existential, tell me how lying to millions of Americans in order to change their votes based off a false premise matters less than that one insignificant vote.

--------------------

Discuss Politics

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Re: Obama Wants to Prosecute Those Seeking to Prevent Vote Fraud [Re: johnm214]
    #9096299 - 10/18/08 02:01 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

johnm214 said:
The law says you have the right and are quallified to be an elector if as of election day (not as of the day you 'vote') you had been registered for thirty days.  Since the people turning in the ballots will be registered for 30 days prior to election day, they qualify.

so you see the failing in the law, if I'm able to go down and
register and cast a ballot in 30 precincts in a day, do you
not see a potential for abuse? Federal law mandates that a
voter be registered for 30 days prior to voting, by simply
waiting 30 days to count the ballots they believe this is the
way around that, unfortunately when I cast a ballot for
candidates I have in fact voted and violated that federal law

Quote:

The law also provides for absentee ballot casting in a specific period.  Since you are qualified to cast an absentee ballot if you are registered and are casting it in a certain period

in previous years you were required to fit within a certain criteria, now it's listed as 'no fault' voting and these are people that will most likely be in their 'homes' on election day, are these people 'absentees'?

Quote:

They are not required to.  I believe they are supposed to in the legislative services committee, but who knows if they do that.

who knows if they even read the bills they vote on, who cares
if the state goes down the shitter, obviously not the residents

Quote:

But seriously, are you supporting legislative intent as a binding part of the statute?

I'm supporting negating the early voters ballots,
disenfranchising thousands unless they legitimately qualify
for the absentee ballot under the old provisions until Ohio
gets their shit together and amends their election laws and
thus pissing off the ohio voters enough that they DEMAND the
laws be fixed

InvisibleFerris
PsychedelicJourneyman
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Obama Wants to Prosecute Those Seeking to Prevent Vote Fraud [Re: saved by zero]
    #9096306 - 10/18/08 02:03 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

saved by zero said:
Quote:

Ferris said:

The "fraud" won't effect the election.

Are you just "playing" dumb, or do you REALLY believe that?

Again, calling me stupid is your argument.  I'll skip the latin.

Give me a breakdown.

Cooooome on, you can do it.

--------------------

Discuss Politics

OfflineMushmonkey
shiftlesslayabout
 User Gallery

#9096316 - 10/18/08 02:06 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

The fraud will inDEED change the election, if the Sec. of State of Ohio gets her way and they do not properly verify that all these newly registered voters who have already cast their absentee ballots are in fact eligible to vote (and are real people).

Did I mention she's a democrat?  Do you think maybe she's an Obama supporter?  Can you connect the dots?
What she is arguing is that all of these voters should be considered legitimate, even though we KNOW there has been widespread fraud going on.  At this point the only question is whether the voter fraud has been the result of rogue volunteers taking action independently or whether they were following procedures handed down from the leadership of ACORN.  Which, considering HOW widespread it is, it's clearly organized..  so the question is how well the leadership of ACORN has been at covering their trail.

The Ohio Secretary of State wants to count fraudulent votes because it's too much work to determine if they are fraudulent or not.  The GOP is saying "bullshit, investigate", and the DNC is saying "waaah, you're intimidating voters!"

What kind of asshole could support the DNC and Obama in this action and still maintain any idea that they support fairness and lawful behaviour?

--------------------
i finally got around to making a sig
revel in its glory and quake in fear at its might
grar.

Invisiblesaved by zero
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#9096317 - 10/18/08 02:06 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Answer my damn question......Do you believe that?

Come on, YOU can do it......be strong!

--------------------

Edited by saved by zero (10/18/08 02:07 PM)

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#9096340 - 10/18/08 02:12 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Ferris said:
Quote:

zappaisgod said:
One single fraudulent vote, one, no matter who it is for, is far worse than any spoken act.

That's bullshit.  For one, there are no fraudulent votes this election, nor probably will there be.  Second, I don't need to be studying wave probability functions to tell you that one vote doesn't matter versus millions.  Don't get existential with me.  If you want to get existential, tell me how lying to millions of Americans in order to change their votes based off a false premise matters less than that one insignificant vote.

You are not paying attention, you are reading talking points.  You are drastically behind the news.  I have already posted links to fraudulent votes, already cast, in Ohio and another of a retard whose vote was manipulated by his social worker and more in New Mexico.  duran duran has 74 listings for addresses in NM.  He voted in the primary.  There are only 5 duran durans in NY.  It isn't bullshit.  You are a hack.

Lying to millions of Americans?  What lie are you referring to?  It is up to them to determine what they believe.  Would you like me to list some of Barry's lies?  Again?

--------------------

Invisiblejohnm214
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Americas
Re: Obama Wants to Prosecute Those Seeking to Prevent Vote Fraud [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #9096361 - 10/18/08 02:17 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Seuss said:
> It is not a vote untill election day when it is opened.

It should be counted as a vote by the date it was post marked, not the date it was opened.

These are ballots that are submited in person generally, as you have to show up in person to register and vote all at once to my understanding.

But in Ohio, even if its a regular absentee ballot mailed in from someone that's been registered forever, its not a vote untill election day, till then its a ballot.  So the postamark would be the date the ballot was cast, not the date the vote was cast.  The date of the vote is always eleciton day, and it is cast when it is unsealed, inspected, and counted.

Quote:

so you see the failing in the law, if I'm able to go down and
register and cast a ballot in 30 precincts in a day, do you
not see a potential for abuse? Federal law mandates that a
voter be registered for 30 days prior to voting, by simply
waiting 30 days to count the ballots they believe this is the
way around that, unfortunately when I cast a ballot for
candidates I have in fact voted and violated that federal law

Yes I agree the law is stupid and the ohio legislature is stupid, and they likely were too ignorant to even consider what these laws they were passing would mean (i.e. the law defining the window for absentee voting and the language they use).  The dumb thing is there's not too many relevant secitons of code.... could count em on two hands.  So rather than take a look and say "what will this do" they just voted for the bills like retarded monkies.

This is why I've said for a while that it would be better if we could elect rocks.  At least they'd stop churning out these laws like crazy and harrasing people.

Quote:

n previous years you were required to fit within a certain criteria, now it's listed as 'no fault' voting and these are people that will most likely be in their 'homes' on election day, are these people 'absentees'?

If they vote absentee then yes.  They can just show up and cast their vote ahead of time regardless of the reason, in my understanding.  McCain put out registration cards and people couldn't even fill them out corrrectly (didn't check the obvious box that said you swear you didn't lie) and the supreme court allowed those too (correctly I'd think even though the reisterin parties seemed like they had no idea what they were doing).

Quote:

who knows if they even read the bills they vote on, who cares
if the state goes down the shitter, obviously not the residents

yep, ohio sucks... among the highest taxed state in teh nation. People vote like everywhere else though, and never bother to check what their legislature is doing... then they blame the judges when the stupid laws that were passed piss everyone off and lead to absurd, but legally correct, results like that in the present case.

Quote:

I'm supporting negating the early voters ballots,
disenfranchising thousands unless they legitimately qualify
for the absentee ballot under the old provisions until Ohio
gets their shit together and amends their election laws and
thus pissing off the ohio voters enough that they DEMAND the
laws be fixed

No reason to.  Laws aren't broke.  The law mandated what is going on.  the law was stupid.

If anyone was more than a blithering idiot they could have forseen this, but nope....

And you can't retroactivly disenfranchise folks either, tis a no no.

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Re: Obama Wants to Prosecute Those Seeking to Prevent Vote Fraud [Re: johnm214]
    #9096400 - 10/18/08 02:26 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Laws weren't broken?

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/9095527#Post9095527

Quote:

"None of the people who registered had prior contacts with Columbus and Franklin County," O'Brien said. "You must be a resident of the state of Ohio in order to register and cast a ballot, and that's the issue being examined - whether they were proper residents of Ohio."

Two of the individuals voted in person at Veteran's Memorial while a third returned a completed absentee ballot by mail, said Matt Damshroder, deputy director of the Franklin County Board of Elections.

Felonies.  Book 'em, Danno.  There's more.

--------------------

InvisibleFerris
PsychedelicJourneyman
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #9096404 - 10/18/08 02:27 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Read my post again.  I said "this election."

You're all acting as if there isn't a system in place to ensure that votes are made by real people, that they're just going to count every vote.

I don't know how things work in Ohio, I'll look into it since there's no way your explanation of the process can be correct (delusional bastard).  But I have worked as a poll worker at both the booth and the office, and I see people checking ballots and cards.  So I know there's a system.

I'm starting to equate all you who think that whatever small percent of votes that get through of the small percent of cards that are verified, can possibly make a difference.  Furthermore, I resent the implication that the democrats are stupid enough to think that when they are so far ahead in an election, that they need to cheat, and that they are stupid enough to think that they won't get caught or that enough will get through to even make it worth their while.

--------------------

Discuss Politics

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#9096426 - 10/18/08 02:32 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

There is a system in place and it is being used.  What safeguards the system is a concerted effort to punish cheats.  Obama (and you) wishes to circumvent that effort for expediency.  Hence the whore label.  You (and Barry)stand for nothing and thus will fall for anything.

--------------------

Edited by zappaisgod (10/18/08 02:32 PM)

OfflineAnonymousRabbit
Comrade
 User Gallery

. [Re: zappaisgod]
    #9096444 - 10/18/08 02:38 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

--------------------

Edited by AnonymousRabbit (05/19/22 01:06 AM)

InvisibleFerris
PsychedelicJourneyman
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #9096450 - 10/18/08 02:39 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Now you're being paranoid.  There is non-partisan, federal oversight of the process.  So if there is something going on there, the administration will get to the bottom of it, and Ohio's electoral votes may even need to be withheld in the meantime.

In reality, the process will be ruled okay, meanwhile fake votes will be nullified, and the world will be normal, with the sky remaining up where it has always been.

--------------------

Discuss Politics

Invisiblesaved by zero
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#9096460 - 10/18/08 02:41 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Ferris said:
Read my post again.  I said "this election."

You're all acting as if there isn't a system in place to ensure that votes are made by real people, that they're just going to count every vote.

I don't know how things work in Ohio, I'll look into it since there's no way your explanation of the process can be correct (delusional bastard).  But I have worked as a poll worker at both the booth and the office, and I see people checking ballots and cards.  So I know there's a system.

I'm starting to equate all you who think that whatever small percent of votes that get through of the small percent of cards that are verified, can possibly make a difference.  Furthermore I'm a staunch democrat supported who believes anything shoved down my throat and, I resent the implication that the democrats are stupid enough to think that when they are so far ahead in an election(wrong again poison dog breath), that they need to cheat, and that they are stupid enough to think that they won't get caught or that enough will get through to even make it worth their while.

There.  I fixed that statement for ya

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale