Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineMrBump
Third prize is you're fired
 User Gallery

Loc: Denver, Colorado
Re: Obama Wants to Prosecute Those Seeking to Prevent Vote Fraud [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #9094676 - 10/18/08 12:08 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

WI allows citizens to register and vote on the same day, given the following:

3.  AT THE POLLING PLACE ON ELECTION DAY:  If you wish to register to vote at your polling place, you must bring proof that you have lived at your present location for at least 10 days preceding the election. For purposes of voter registration, acceptable forms of proof of residence must include:

1.    A current and complete name, including both the given and family name; and

2.  A current and complete residential address, including a numbered street address, if any, and the name of a municipality.

**Forms with an expiration date must be valid on Election Day.

PROOF OF RESIDENCE

The following constitute acceptable Proof-of-Residence if the document contains the information specified above:

1. A current and valid Wisconsin driver's license.
  2. A current and valid Wisconsin identification card.
  3. Any other official identification card or license issued by a Wisconsin governmental body or unit.
  4. Any identification card issued by an employer in the normal course of business and bearing a photo of the card holder, but not including a business card.
  5. A real estate tax bill or receipt for the current year or the year preceding the date of the election.
  6. A residential lease which is effective for a period that includes election day (NOT for first-time voters registering by mail).
  7. A university, college or technical institute fee card (must include photo).
  8. A university, college or technical institute identification card (must include photo).
  9. A gas, electric or telephone service statement (utility bill) for the period commencing not earlier than 90 days before election day.
  10. Bank statement.
  11. Paycheck.
  12. A check or other document issued by a unit of government.

all of my adult life I have voted in WI. The last time I tried I voted I showed up at the place in Milwaukee where i had voted for the past 6 yrs, except at this time I was living in the suburbs. I gave the woman my Id and an electric bill from my new residence and she denied me, telling me that based on where I lived I could not vote at this particular polling station.

I guess an individual could vote more than once if he went to one polling station w/ a gas bill showing a very current residence in that district, and then use an outdated state issued DL to vote at another station. but 30 days prior to the election  a person could do the same thing, register w/ an outdated DL, and then register again w. a recent electric bill showing a different address.

So i guess I dont see how barring election day voter registration would inhibit voter fraud, but for the people committing voter fraud would have to plan ahead a little.

--------------------
If it weren't for the bloody corpses, I wouldn't have any corpses at all.

There are two ways to get to the top of an oak tree: start climbing or sit on an acorn.

Are you a carrot, an egg, or a coffee bean?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
Re: Obama Wants to Prosecute Those Seeking to Prevent Vote Fraud [Re: pinkfloydms]
    #9094718 - 10/18/08 12:16 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Fair? You don't think both sides had people voting in multiple places?

Nope.

But I find it interesting you seem unconcerned with voter fraud as long as both sides do it. Why not just stop it?

If backwards countries such as Iraq can figure out how to reliably stop voter fraud (see my avatar), it boggles the mind that the US can't.

But of course, the US can. It's just that the Democrats do everything in their power to make sure the US doesn't. Dems are dishonest but they aren't stupid. They know damn well that lax measures for preventing voter fraud benefit them to a far greater degree than the other side.

Phred

--------------------

Invisiblepinkfloydms
!!!!!
Male

Loc: City of Dreams
Re: Obama Wants to Prosecute Those Seeking to Prevent Vote Fraud [Re: Phred]
    #9094734 - 10/18/08 12:19 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Where the fuck did I say I wasn't concerned? You need to learn to quit putting words in peoples mouths.

--------------------
Muppet Said:

so yeah:
- 'sex' five times
- once with a man
- once with a cadaver
- and thrice with actual women(all of which were prostitutes)
Best story ever!

www.panicstream.com :thumbup:

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Re: Obama Wants to Prosecute Those Seeking to Prevent Vote Fraud [Re: pinkfloydms]
    #9094850 - 10/18/08 12:51 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

pinkfloydms said:
Fair? You don't think both sides had people voting in multiple places?

probably, not the candidates people but I'm sure there is a
good bit happening from both sides, obama isnt orchestrating
the acorn crap, regardless it's happening, and the way fair
works, one side got busted now a toll may have to be payed

OfflineMushmonkey
shiftlesslayabout
 User Gallery

Re: Obama Wants to Prosecute Those Seeking to Prevent Vote Fraud [Re: The_Red_Crayon]
    #9094921 - 10/18/08 01:19 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

The_Red_Crayon said:
Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:
could be both when they allowed people to register and vote in
the same day, snatching up the homeless and
allowing/encouraging them to use addresses like the YMCA

So homeless dont have the right to vote, is that what you're saying?

Not multiple times, no, they don't.

--------------------
i finally got around to making a sig
revel in its glory and quake in fear at its might
grar.

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
Re: Obama Wants to Prosecute Those Seeking to Prevent Vote Fraud [Re: The_Red_Crayon]
    #9095527 - 10/18/08 09:13 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

The_Red_Crayon said:
voter fraud or voter registration fraud? Which one is it.

Both.
http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/local_news/stories/2008/10/15/fraud_followup.html?type=rss&cat=&sid=101
Quote:

O'Brien told The Dispatch that he is investigating allegations that 13 out-of-state residents recently registered to vote, all claiming to live at 2885 Brownlee Rd.

The individuals apparently were in Columbus working for Vote From Home, a group working to increase young-voter turnout in Ohio and using the house as their base of operation, O'Brien said.

"None of the people who registered had prior contacts with Columbus and Franklin County," O'Brien said. "You must be a resident of the state of Ohio in order to register and cast a ballot, and that's the issue being examined - whether they were proper residents of Ohio."

Two of the individuals voted in person at Veteran's Memorial while a third returned a completed absentee ballot by mail, said Matt Damshroder, deputy director of the Franklin County Board of Elections.

Another seven using the address requested absentee ballots by mail, but it is not yet clear if they have submitted them. Three others registered but did not request an absentee ballot or participate in early voting.

More on the same incident, with names of the "voters":
http://michellemalkin.com/2008/10/15/voter-fraud-alert-houseful-of-out-of-state-obama-activists-registered-as-ohio-voters-received-absentee-ballots/

Then we have New Mexico:
http://campaignspot.nationalreview.com/post/?q=MzBjMzc0ZmRhMzI4OTY0ZTg1MmNjOTBkYTBlYTkxZTU=
Quote:

Today, news out of New Mexico, the state GOP looked at information for 92 newly-registered voters in one district, and found 28 had "missing or inaccurate Social Security numbers or birth dates. In some cases, more than one voter was registered using the same Social Security number. In others, people who the Republicans said had no Social Security number on public record were registered." All of these are of individuals who have already cast ballots in the June New Mexico state legislative Democratic primary.
Hey, guess who was out registering voters in this district before the primary? Aw, you saw this coming - ACORN. The same group running into legal troubles in thirteen other states. When you see the same issues coming up with the same group in fourteen different instances, how much more evidence do you need before you conclude that this is "organized voter fraud"?

Pay attention, kiddies, voter registration fraud occurs for one reason and one reason only.  To facilitate voter fraud.

--------------------

Invisiblejohnm214
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Americas
Re: Obama Wants to Prosecute Those Seeking to Prevent Vote Fraud [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #9095555 - 10/18/08 09:24 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:
could be both when they allowed people to register and vote in
the same day, snatching up the homeless and
allowing/encouraging them to use addresses like the YMCA

*when the law requires that they be allowed to register and cast a ballot (not vote under state law) on the same day

Quote:

absolutely not, I just dont believe you should be allowed to
register and vote in the same day, I believe that you should
have to be registered 30 days prior to voting as that was the
intent in the laws in ohio, unfortunately like many laws, it
allowed for abuse when they started the early polling at 32
days before the general election, I'm of the opinion that if
you need an early vote, have it a week before, gonna be out
of town, an absentee ballot and still be registered 30 days
prior to that vote

Ummm... k?

So we should not care what the law says?  We should devine the intent?  How do you suppose we do that?

The constitution of ohio provides for laws to be made.  Those laws are voted on in written form and afterwords transcribed into the revised code.  You're suggesting the constitution really means we must decide what was voted upon wasn't really what the law is?  Something else, for a judge to decide...

Edited by johnm214 (10/18/08 09:31 AM)

Offlinelonestar2004
Live to party,work to affordit.
 User Gallery

Loc: South Texas
Re: Obama Wants to Prosecute Those Seeking to Prevent Vote Fraud [Re: Ferris]
    #9095571 - 10/18/08 09:29 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Ferris said:
I told ya the FBI would get flack for leaking that

"a probe into allegedly false Republican claims of voter fraud"

Its not just the FBI.

"Barack Obama's campaign attorney today asked Attorney General Michael Mukasey to add a probe into allegedly false Republican claims of voter fraud to the investigation into the firings of U.S. attorneys.

Republican voter-fraud accusations ``seek both to suppress the vote and to unduly influence investigations and prosecutions,''

http://news.yahoo.com/s/bloomberg/20081017/pl_bloomberg/aayoysax8sqs

IMO the people (not just republicans) that are trying to stop others from illegally voting, are also the target of this investigation....

--------------------
America's debt problem is a "sign of leadership failure"

We have "reckless fiscal policies"

America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership.

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Re: Obama Wants to Prosecute Those Seeking to Prevent Vote Fraud [Re: lonestar2004]
    #9095588 - 10/18/08 09:39 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Allegedly false?  Alleged by whom?  The fraudsters themselves.  Let's nutshell this.  The people who have demonstrably facilitated fraudulent voter registration are asking for an investigation of those who have rightfully pointed out said fraud on the grounds that not every specific instance of dubious registration is, in fact, fraudulent.

There is no shame at all in the Obama camp.  Kill the Messenger! they cried and Joe the Plumber and whistleblowers everywhere were beaten by lawyers with writs and reporters with...well nothing.  First my plumber was taken and I said nothing, then my court clerk was taken and I said nothing.....
There can be no questioning of That One for he is anointed.

--------------------

Offlinelonestar2004
 User Gallery

#9095597 - 10/18/08 09:43 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Ferris said:
They leaked information about the investigation itself and of its scope.  They weren't supposed to do that.  That part is pretty simple.  You well know what the implications of leaking that kind of information are.  If it were no big deal, this thread wouldn't exist.

I'm not saying something will come of this, just that it was enough of a breech of protocol to get the attention of the higher-ups, and not just the ones already paying attention to it.

The thread exists because of thousands of fraudulent voter-registration applications submitted by ACORN and now Obama is trying To Prosecute Those Who Claim Voter Fraud...

--------------------

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

Offlinelonestar2004
 User Gallery

Re: Obama Wants to Prosecute Those Seeking to Prevent Vote Fraud [Re: zappaisgod]
    #9095602 - 10/18/08 09:44 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Allegedly false?  Alleged by whom?  The fraudsters themselves.  Let's nutshell this.  The people who have demonstrably facilitated fraudulent voter registration are asking for an investigation of those who have rightfully pointed out said fraud on the grounds that not every specific instance of dubious registration is, in fact, fraudulent.

There is no shame at all in the Obama camp. 

Exactly!

--------------------

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Re: Obama Wants to Prosecute Those Seeking to Prevent Vote Fraud [Re: johnm214]
    #9096083 - 10/18/08 12:52 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

johnm214 said:
*when the law requires that they be allowed to register and cast a ballot (not vote under state law) on the same day

does the law say it's required to register and vote on the
same day or does it simply say they must be registered 30
days prior to the general election, if I cast my ballot,
I've entered my vote, it's simply another means of
articulating the same act in two ways

Quote:

The constitution of ohio provides for laws to be made.  Those laws are voted on in written form and afterwords transcribed into the revised code. 

when a law is passed are all the laws it will affect also
reviewed and revised? the the registration limitation dates
take into account laws that had not yet been passed,
electronic voting or anything that would come 50-60 years in
the future?

Quote:

You're suggesting the constitution really means we must decide what was voted upon wasn't really what the law is?  Something else, for a judge to decide...

can you point out where I said that?

OfflineAnonymousRabbit
Comrade
 User Gallery

. [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #9096105 - 10/18/08 12:58 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

--------------------

Edited by AnonymousRabbit (05/19/22 01:06 AM)

Invisiblejohnm214
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Americas
    #9096144 - 10/18/08 01:12 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:
Quote:

johnm214 said:

does the law say it's required to register and vote on the
same day or does it simply say they must be registered 30
days prior to the general election, if I cast my ballot,
I've entered my vote, it's simply another means of
articulating the same act in two ways

The law says you have the right and are quallified to be an elector if as of election day (not as of the day you 'vote') you had been registered for thirty days.  Since the people turning in the ballots will be registered for 30 days prior to election day, they qualify.  The law also provides for absentee ballot casting in a specific period.  Since you are qualified to cast an absentee ballot if you are registered and are casting it in a certain period, and you are qualified to be an eletor if you are registered for 30 days as of the election, you have the right to cast your ballot and register at the same time if you do so in the statutory window.

And when you submit your absentee ballot you just turn it in.  It is not a vote untill election day when it is opened.  Just like a provisional ballot is cast but not a vote untill the statute has been complied with so to aren't absentee ballot submissions.  Otherwise the absurdity is plain.  You get people that voted that didn't vote.( if their provisional ballot is found to be improper)

Quote:

Quote:

The constitution of ohio provides for laws to be made.  Those laws are voted on in written form and afterwords transcribed into the revised code. 

when a law is passed are all the laws it will affect also
reviewed and revised? the the registration limitation dates
take into account laws that had not yet been passed,
electronic voting or anything that would come 50-60 years in
the future?

They are not required to.  I believe they are supposed to in the legislative services committee, but who knows if they do that.

And no, the legislature seldom has any idea what the hell is going on, so what?  They are clueless and nevertheless their muck is still binding.

If they'd stop making so many damned laws or simply take a few hours to read the bill and the similar bills and think" how will this affect the current state of the law" we wouldn't have these messes.  But they don't, and they still churn out laws at a stupefying pace.

But seriously, are you supporting legislative intent as a binding part of the statute?

[quote
Quote:

You're suggesting the constitution really means we must decide what was voted upon wasn't really what the law is?  Something else, for a judge to decide...

can you point out where I said that?

Where you mentioned the word intent.  You seemed, to me, to be saying that the intent of the law is somehow binding and that means the way voting was conducted in ohio recently is illegal somehow.

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Obama Wants to Prosecute Those Seeking to Prevent Vote Fraud [Re: johnm214]
    #9096193 - 10/18/08 01:32 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

> It is not a vote untill election day when it is opened.

It should be counted as a vote by the date it was post marked, not the date it was opened.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Invisiblesaved by zero
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Obama Wants to Prosecute Those Seeking to Prevent Vote Fraud [Re: AnonymousRabbit]
    #9096199 - 10/18/08 01:34 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

God, this sounds like Florida all over again.  Disenfranchised my big ol' hairy ass!!!!!
Why is it that the leftist can't see what is going on here?
Obviously duped or incapable of thought for themselves and of the "baaaaaaaa" persuasion

--------------------
I'm not a redneck, I'm a Appalachian-American

InvisibleFerris
PsychedelicJourneyman
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Obama Wants to Prosecute Those Seeking to Prevent Vote Fraud [Re: saved by zero]
    #9096202 - 10/18/08 01:37 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Explain to me how this will win the election for the Democrats.

God damn it.  Hundreds of posts on the subject, and none of you can explain even that.  I've asked at least a couple times before.

The reason is that you can't.  So put up, or shut the hell up.

--------------------

Discuss Politics

InvisibleFerris
PsychedelicJourneyman
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #9096215 - 10/18/08 01:41 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

The only reason this is a dem problem and not a GOP problem is that the dems are the only party that really does voter drives, since people who don't vote are way more likely to vote dem than GOP.

I think that if you look at the GOP voter frauds, and compared them to the dem ones, that you'd see a proportionate correlation going on there.

This sort of thing happens, its not a conspiracy, get over it

--------------------

Discuss Politics

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#9096218 - 10/18/08 01:42 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

What difference does it make which party it benefits when fraud is being perpetrated?  Let's break it down.  Republicans are screaming about illegal voters being registered and voting.  Democrats are screaming that it is wrong to complain.  Why do you suppose that it is that way? Are you such a partisan whore that the outcome should determine the validity of a vote?

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Re: Obama Wants to Prosecute Those Seeking to Prevent Vote Fraud [Re: zappaisgod]
    #9096223 - 10/18/08 01:43 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

http://www.walb.com/global/story.asp?s=9191440
Quote:

He told his family that an aide from Primus took him and five other mentally challenged clients to vote and forced them to vote for Barack Obama.

Justice says he told the aide he wanted to vote for John McCain, but was overridden.

Election officials say if that happened, the aide will face criminal charges.

Nice.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order