Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
Dolphins
    #907553 - 09/25/02 03:05 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

The following is a website that has deeply stirred my heart chakra; I hope it has a similar effect on you.

Ethereal Sea

I invite "believers" and "skeptics" alike to discuss this information, or to share experiences you have had with dolphins.

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleRevelation

User Gallery

Loc: heart cave
Re: Dolphins [Re: Adamist]
    #907648 - 09/25/02 03:54 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Beautiful, beautiful creatures. A couple of years ago I was able to see them up close. I was on holiday with my family in Tenerife and we ended up going on a boat trip specifically to see the dolphins. To see them like that really brings home how alive and conscious they are. I mean, generally we have this prejudice against animals that aren't human. We believe that only people are capable of expressing happiness or intelligence, but most importantly we believe that only people are worthy of respect. While we were looking at the dolphins somebody said "look at that one, he almost looks like he's smiling", and i'm thinking he looks like that because he IS smiling, you know?

--------------------

Offlinecrystalhuman
vapor

Loc: the great void
    #907671 - 09/25/02 04:05 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

i heard on the Simpsons that they used to live on land...

--------------------
ANSWERS may be hazardous to your Uncertainty.
Danger! ANSWERS carry High Overdose Potential.
Remember: ANSWERS are the Thrill That Kills.

InvisibleIn(di)go
People of the sun.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cologne, Germany
    #907840 - 09/25/02 05:38 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

*sigh* ...
i think dolphins and whales are protecting this planet with their sonar waves...
definitely cetaceans are some of the most beautiful living creatures...

--------------------

InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

Loc: there
    #907904 - 09/25/02 06:05 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

The evolutionary history of dolphins is truly amazing. It makes me think of all the possibilities for human evolution.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #908038 - 09/25/02 07:02 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I invite "believers" and "skeptics" alike to discuss this information, or to share experiences you have had with dolphins.

I actually believe that dolphins exist.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension
Re: Dolphins [Re: Swami]
    #908046 - 09/25/02 07:08 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

So you do believe aliens exist after all  :wink:

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Dolphins [Re: Shroomism]
    #908156 - 09/25/02 08:13 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Are dolphins, in fact, evolved far beyond the human mind and spirit, to be regarded as our spiritually advanced aquatic siblings?
No. Dolphins fight over mates just like all mammals.

Something very ancient stirred within me and I realized with every fiber of my being, I was finally home.
So did she remove her scuba gear now that she was home and start breathing underwater? No. Pure imagination.

People are enchanted by the very essence of the spirit of the dolphin, their joyous leaps...
We have no way of knowing that their leaps are joyous. Do flying fish have leaps of joy?

and loving trust, the graceful movement of the pod, their unsurpassed intelligence and ancient wisdom.
This is very nice as poetry, but there is no basis in actual fact. What artifact of ancient dolphin wisdom do we have? None!

They exist in a state of bliss and emotional warmth, their pods composed of a complex social web of beings interacting harmoniously, in the peace that we only dream of attaining.
More fantasy conjecture...

Particularly worthy of attention is the effect that dolphin encounters have on ...depression. Horace Dobbs, author of several books on the subject of dolphin healing, has described his experiences with ... chronically depressed Bill Bowell, both of whose encounters with wild dolphins have resulted in miraculous advances? out of their dark clouds into the sunlight that the dolphins have offered them.
An anecodte of one depressed person is hardly indicative of anything. A depressed person out of the house, not working, in a beautiful tropical environment with sun and sea - that had NOTHING to do with releasing him from his depression?!

Some have suggested that echolocation, sonar, used by dolphins produces the effect of repairing damaged cells,
And these "some" would be be jumping the gun. It would be easy enough to test this hypothesis, but none will as that would ruin the mystique.

...healing their ailments or aiding the repair of damaged tissue. The vibration of the sound waves emitted by dolphins elicits a healing effect
With their miraculous healing powers you would might expect an extraordianry lifespan. Nope, roughly 45-50 years.

Dr. Horace Dobbs of International Dolphin Watch and Operation Sunflower states, "We didn't invent radio waves or television waves. "
Wrong. We did not invent electromagnetic waves, but using them as a carrier for information certainly is an invention. Did this guy go to school at K-Mart U?

I wouldn't be surprised if they've acquired an ability to manipulate waves which at present we do not experience."?
Your level of surprise, "Doctor" holds no scientific weight.

It is vital to recognize the cruelty involved in the captivity of cetaceans, whether for purposes of research or novelty, as in such amusement parks as Sea World.
"Loving" cetaceans such as killer whales, feed on other "loving" cetaceans, such as dolphins. No cruelty there. Yup, just one big love-in.

--------------------

InvisiblethePatient
Criminal Bodhisattva
Male User Gallery

Loc: Indiana
    #908177 - 09/25/02 08:21 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I actually believe that dolphins exist.

WOW!!!!! How did you come to THAT conclusion?!?!    :shocked: 

--------------------
T h e r e  a r e  n o  o r d i n a r y  m o m e n t s.

OfflineViBrAnT
WaRpInG &sPiRaLiNg
    #908179 - 09/25/02 08:21 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

dont mind swami, what if everyone agreed with what you were saying, that is enough said.

--------------------
" liken this life illusory, for your sand castle will one day be adrift amongst the wind "

InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

#908184 - 09/25/02 08:24 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Dolphins can probably see right through you - literally.

They have powerful penetrating sonars. To them we would seem like translucent beings from above.

You could dismiss their uniqueness, but if you've ever been near one, you can't deny that they have a very powerful, almost spiritual "presence".

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

#908198 - 09/25/02 08:30 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I'm going to make myself vulnerable here and share an experience I had a few months ago when I went on vacation to a beach in south Florida...

I was swimming in the ocean, letting the waves carry me, letting my mind relax into the large body of water, I let it engulf me... After a short period of intense meditative calm, I felt and heard extremely fast, short "clicking" sounds. I could only hear them when the back of my head was underneath the water, and I could feel these sounds vibrating around the back of my skull, where the bump is. It was so abrupt that it kind of freaked me out, so I immediately ran out of the ocean and onto the sand. A few moments later, I saw people pointing outwards towards the ocean, and as I looked I viewed a large pod of dolphins, about 30-50 feet from shore. I was struck with awe and felt my heart overwhelm with emotion, reaching out to connect with the dolphins. Later that night I got back into the water to see if I would hear the noises again, but to no avail. The next day, however, the experience repeated itself, but this time I did not see any dolphins.

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Dolphins [Re: infidelGOD]
    #908211 - 09/25/02 08:33 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

You could dismiss their uniqueness, but if you've ever been near one, you can't deny that they have a very powerful, almost spiritual "presence".

I have been close. Naturally a 400 pound animal has a powerful presence. Go visit a 1200 pound Kodaik bear and tell me he doesn't have an even powerful presence. Your key word is "almost".

With a larger brain than most animals, they are certainly more intelligent. I was unaware the size of the brain was equal to greater spirituality. If that is true, then with my cranial capacity, I must be god-like! :grin:

--------------------

InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

#908212 - 09/25/02 08:33 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Dolphins are known to emit loud "clicks" to stun fish ... and eat them.

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

#908228 - 09/25/02 08:36 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I know, but my ears weren't underwater...

--------------------

InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

#908240 - 09/25/02 08:41 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Size isn't all there is to it. Some animals just connect with humans.

Consider a dog or wolf. They are relatively small animals yet they have some kind of connection to human beings that other animals don't. I think a 20 pound dog can have more of a presence than a 500 pound moose.

And a 300 pound dolphin swimming deftly through shallow water reminds me of a playful child. Dolphins have a lot of personality. They may have a language that we don't yet understand. They are certainly more than just big aquatic mammals. They may very well be sentient beings.

InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

#908244 - 09/25/02 08:45 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Your ears don't have to be underwater. If any part of your skull was underwater, you would certainly hear the clicks.

They might have been trying to communicate with you. I don't know.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#908258 - 09/25/02 08:50 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Aren't all animals sentient, just to varying degrees?

Isn't somewhat arrogant to assume that because one creature connects to a human or vice versa, that the animal is more spiritual? Maybe highly spiritual animals do not connect very well at all with humans.

--------------------

InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

#908282 - 09/25/02 08:58 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Aren't all animals sentient, just to varying degrees?

Well yes, but that smears the definition of "sentient" to varying degrees. If I had to draw a line between sentient and non-sentient animals, I would say that some whales, higher primates, and some other mammals are sentient. I would also say that certain INDIVIDUAL dolphins are sentient, while others are not, just like certain individual human beings are sentient, while most are not.

I'm using the simple definition:
Sentient: aware of self.

Isn't somewhat arrogant to assume that because one creature connects to a human or vice versa, that the animal is more spiritual? Maybe highly spiritual animals do not connect very well at all with humans.

I'm not talking about some universal spirituality. As I've said, I think dolphins connect with humans. Ferrets could be ultimately closer to God however, I don't know. I could only relate to human spirituality.

InvisiblethePatient
Criminal Bodhisattva
Male User Gallery

Loc: Indiana
    #908289 - 09/25/02 09:00 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

In reply to:

Isn't somewhat arrogant

I've seen many acts of arrogance from you swami.
For example, "...the Great Swami!" & "I must be god-like!"

trust me, there are more...

--------------------
T h e r e  a r e  n o  o r d i n a r y  m o m e n t s.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom