Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineblah818
Stranger

driving on acid
    #9079741 - 10/15/08 03:03 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

really isnt as hard as most people think it is.. i drove to the beach while peaking saturday night, and i would actually rather drive trippin then drive stoned... no cars on the road helped out allot too. whats every one else opinon on driving while tripping? i drove on shrooms once OMG never again dont drive on shrooms dont do it!

Edited by blah818 (10/15/08 03:18 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineHelixx
Mood:Fragglerocked
Male User Gallery

Re: driving on acid [Re: blah818]
    #9079745 - 10/15/08 03:10 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

You should probably use punctuation for better responses.  Years ago I'd drive on anything, so yes I have driven on shrooms and lsd.  Shrooms being slightly harder to drive on, if at all.  Nothing that I would ever do again though, for the safety of myself and more importantly others out there.

InvisibleAbuse
end of the line

Re: driving on acid [Re: Helixx]
    #9079774 - 10/15/08 03:42 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

:thumbdown:

--------------------

InvisibleEllisDSox
King Hella!

Re: driving on acid [Re: blah818] * 1
    #9079796 - 10/15/08 04:22 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Boo hiss! I cycle tripping, because I'm only really endangering myself. I'd never drive under the influence of any drug. That's how dead people happen.

--------------------
Disclaimer: If you have any kind of heart condition, my posts are not for you. You could literally die from reading the first couple of words in any one of them. Scroll down the page, live your life and prosper, but don't read my posts because your heart will probably explode. I am not joking.

Offlinepyroguy
Stranger

Re: driving on acid [Re: Abuse]
    #9079797 - 10/15/08 04:22 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

never done acid but i gotta get the the park and back some how on shrooms...and abuse those are some tasty looking nugs.

InvisibleMisterMuscaria
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: driving on acid [Re: pyroguy]
    #9079801 - 10/15/08 04:23 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Driving on acid is fun! (as long as its under a 5 strip). Driving on mushrooms or LSA is a NO-NO!!!

InvisibleAbuse
end of the line

Re: driving on acid [Re: pyroguy]
    #9079812 - 10/15/08 04:32 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

pyroguy said:
never done acid but i gotta get the the park and back some how on shrooms...and abuse those are some tasty looking nugs.

:thumbup: About to smoke what's in the picture now :tongue:

--------------------

Invisibleplasma
ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ

#9079867 - 10/15/08 05:16 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah I find it fairly simple to drive on LSD. I have drove on shrooms before and I've made a promise with myself that I'll never do it again. I've gotten lost on the easiest routes back to my house

Offlinetherapture
Tune Up Your Chips and Circuits
 User Gallery

Loc: somewhere on the southern...
    #9079894 - 10/15/08 05:42 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

driving on acid = stupidity.

Please, if you want to kill yourself and remove your stupid genes from the gene pool, please, go ahead. But don't kill someone else with you. Please, don't drive while under the influence of psychs. You are just giving legitimate psych users a bad name.

InvisibleMisterMuscaria
Male User Gallery

Re: driving on acid [Re: therapture]
    #9079896 - 10/15/08 05:45 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Those who are experienced with LSD would have no problem whatsoever performing any everyday task while under the influence. I think driving on acid is far safer than driving drunk. However, someone whose dropping acid for the first time, the fifth time or even the 10th time should NOT drive while tripping.

Edited by MisterMuscaria (10/15/08 05:49 AM)

Invisibleplasma
ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ

Re: driving on acid [Re: MisterMuscaria] * 1
    #9079900 - 10/15/08 05:48 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

MisterMuscaria said:
Those who are experienced with LSD would have no problem whatsoever performing any everyday task whatsoever while under the influence. I think driving on acid is far safer than driving drunk. However, someone whose dropping acid for the first time, the fifth time or even the 10th time should NOT drive while tripping.

QFT, on low doses of lsd an experienced user would have little difficulty (if any) driving. I do think driving on shrooms is very stupid though.

InvisibleMastamike1118
Male

Re: driving on acid [Re: plasma] * 1
    #9079905 - 10/15/08 05:53 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

driving high is harder than driving on acid...

Offlinekrypto2000
Unknown

Re: driving on acid [Re: Mastamike1118]
    #9079931 - 10/15/08 06:16 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I've driven a few times 5+ hours into an acid trip. I didn't think it was hard at all, I can't see how I could possibly do something wrong unless I'd do it while sober too. If I were having a bad trip or something I could understand, but I still don't think I'd crash or anything. I'd just be too scared and wouldn't want to drive. I've never driven, or tried driving, on mushrooms that I can recall though. At least not unless it's the come down maybe, but I wouldn't count that as tripping anyways.

Offlinej0nnyb0y05
IBelieveInBelivin
Male

Loc: Going Going, Back Back to
Re: driving on acid [Re: krypto2000]
    #9080001 - 10/15/08 07:02 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

well i once drove after my peak, totally felt like my arms were one with the steering wheel

--------------------
.....Healing Of People Everywhere.....

InvisibleReefaCheefa
Gimme Reefer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Florida
Re: driving on acid [Re: j0nnyb0y05]
    #9080016 - 10/15/08 07:12 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

All of you idiots driving under the influence deserve a runaway car to smash thru your house while you're sleeping. Hows that for an accident scumbags?

OfflineAmpathy
Quiet.

Loc: New Jersey
Re: driving on acid [Re: ReefaCheefa]
    #9080032 - 10/15/08 07:24 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I dropped with two other friends, my friend with the car drove me, herself, our other friend, and her roomate to the mall.  After about 30 minutes there we went back, during the drive back she peaked, and misinterpreted the lights, she saw green traffic lights where red should have been, and red were green should have been, she stopped at a green light, then almost went through the red before we stopped her. (She was the only one who could drive her car (manual shifting)).  After that i'd rather not try to drive.

OfflineDafonDantes
Wizard
Male User Gallery

Re: driving on acid [Re: Ampathy]
    #9080087 - 10/15/08 07:52 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Pretty fucking irresponsible,

thanks for helping perpetuate the idea that psychedelic users are all dangerous morons.

Why not just stick to the usual and chug a handle before you get behind the wheel?

I haven't had my coffee yet.

--------------------

"Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger." - J.R.R. Tolkien

"Go, then. There are other worlds than this." - Stephen King

*THE ABOVE POST IS ENTIRELY FICTITIOUS*

Edited by DafonDantes (10/15/08 07:57 AM)

OfflineLightShedder
Trading currencies
 User Gallery

Loc: AustinDenverLA
Re: driving on acid [Re: DafonDantes]
    #9080093 - 10/15/08 07:58 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

It's all up to the person. For me, I have less coordination with mushrooms and very little coordination disturbance with LSD. So I can easily drive on LSD and not mushrooms. That is not to say that there aren't plenty of people who should not drive after taking LSD though.

--------------------

Offlinekrypto2000
Unknown

Re: driving on acid [Re: LightShedder]
    #9080371 - 10/15/08 09:31 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

To those of you who are bashing those who drive what room do you have to speak? Your opinions are no less valid than those who drive. If they think they can handle it then I trust them. Sure it's likely to increase the chances of getting into an accident, but I think it's far from a significant increase. I'd feel much safer driving on acid, or riding with a friend who's tripping on mushrooms (cause I know and trust this friend to handle his shit) than I would many old people.

Should we not let any old people drive because some of them are shitty drivers? That's just as valid of a blanket statement as that. Of all the drugs I've done (psychs, pot, and alcohol) alcohol is by far the most dangerous, for me personally, to drive on. So I don't do it. I see no point in risking it, but driving while tripping to me, depending where I am in the trip, is not a big deal. It's not my problem if you can't handle your trips and think no one else should drive because of that.

OfflineNoteworthy
Sophyphile
 User Gallery

#9080388 - 10/15/08 09:36 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Actually, we shouldnt let old people drive, and in Australia old people have to pass driving tests at certain ages in order to keep driving

The automobile and the way that roads and roadsigns and traffic lights were designed, assumes that sober, competent humans will be using them.

unsober and incompetent humans shouldnt drive.

but of course they can.

Even a blind drunk woman can get home some nights.

--------------------

Offlinekrypto2000
Unknown

Re: driving on acid [Re: Noteworthy]
    #9080773 - 10/15/08 10:58 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Well I don't mean to say you should drive if you're tripping nuts and can't differentiate between colors or something, but most of my low-medium dose trips I'm very lucid and capable of doing pretty much anything I would sober. Most people can't tell I'm tripping unless they know me really well and then it's only because I act more happy and lively than normal. You should use your judgement before getting behind the wheel and I don't drive unless I have to, but I'm just saying that it shouldn't be a blanket statement of 'if you're tripping you're not capable of driving' anymore so than 'if you're over 60 you're not capable of driving.'

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

#9080984 - 10/15/08 11:30 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

You shouldn't drive under the influence of any mind altering drug.

PERIOD

--------------------
Live for the moment you are in now
Don't be bogged down by your past
Don't be afraid of what lies in your future

OfflinePreparationH
apply daily

Loc: Amsterdam
    #9081069 - 10/15/08 11:45 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

o wow this made me remember back to when i was 17 i dropped acid and came home while my trip was winding down. my mother and her friend were drunk and her friend wanted a ride home and since i was "sober" i could drive. well i had my mom sitting next to me while i drove her and her friend back to his house and can say i drove fine.

OfflinePreparationH
apply daily

Re: driving on acid [Re: PreparationH]
    #9081080 - 10/15/08 11:48 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

i wouldn't do it again but meh young and dumb and knew i'd be fine. wouldn't go out and do it again though. unless it was to go pick up more acid. lol jk

OfflinePreparationH
apply daily

#9081084 - 10/15/08 11:49 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

also, id rather get in a car with my friends driving on a low dose acid trip then a groggy driver. that's dangerous.

OfflineInnoculus
 User Gallery

Loc: 0.0.0.1
    #9081132 - 10/15/08 12:03 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Lrn2editpost

InvisibleReefaCheefa
Gimme Reefer
Male User Gallery

Re: driving on acid [Re: Innoculus]
    #9081159 - 10/15/08 12:13 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Man you guys are seriously ill. Are you really stating you would rather drive with WHOEVER for WHATEVER reason whether or not he/she was under the influence of drugs? #1 I would take the keys from that driver and if we had to leave wherever we were, and no one was sober, have a fun walk. Seriously, you guys shouldn't even have licenses.

Offlinearpnuke
Always changing
 User Gallery

#9081166 - 10/15/08 12:15 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

No no no no no!  Sure, there is a threshold dose and a point where you can no longer drive on any substance.  Driving when the god damn road is distorting is a fucking awful idea.  I've only driven on acid on private property gravel roads and can't imagine the stress involved with public roads patrolled by the police.  Never driven drunk, so I can't say how it compares, but it certainly isn't good.

Driving high is doable, especially if it has been two hours after smoking.  Driving while impaired has some serious legal and life consequences that I do not want to incur, so I don't drive while altered.  Ugh, I hate hearing people brag about how they can drive while barred out, crunk, tripping, or whatever the fuck.

The only substances I'd consider driving safe on would be opiates (buzzed) or stimulants with nothing in addition.  Those don't seem to put you out of reality.  Our roads would be safer if everyone was alert on amphetamine.  It's the sleep deprivation and false sense of wakefulness that fucks lives up.

Offlinekrypto2000
Unknown

#9081181 - 10/15/08 12:19 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

ReefaCheefa said:
Man you guys are seriously ill. Are you really stating you would rather drive with WHOEVER for WHATEVER reason whether or not he/she was under the influence of drugs? #1 I would take the keys from that driver and if we had to leave wherever we were, and no one was sober, have a fun walk. Seriously, you guys shouldn't even have licenses.

I don't think anyone here ever said they'd drive with whoever whenever and it doesn't matter what drugs their on.

I stated that I'd ride with a certain friend of mine if he were tripping on mushrooms if he thought he was good to drive. I've known this friend for awhile, I know how he acts and I know he can handle a mushroom trip and if he couldn't he would certainly not drive. I'd also trust myself to drive on most acid trips and on the comedown of a mushroom trip.

This is not to say I make a habit of driving, or my friends make a habit of driving, while tripping. I rarely have done it and I don't do it 'just cause for whatever reason.' My point is there are far worse, common, impairments that most people deem acceptable to drive under yet when you mention driving while tripping they freak out and are all 'oh noez! there's no possible way you can ever handle yourself behind a wheel cause your tripping!' I'd trust myself to drive way more while under the influence of lsd than I would if I'm even a little tired. I don't think that's an extreme viewpoint by any means.

edit: If I were to drive bad on acid if anything I'd probably just be overly cautious and scared to leave the driveway or something. I certainly can't see myself just flying down the road and running into people cause I don't notice or don't care. If I'm seeing stop signs melting or something, again, I would not be driving. I'm not talking about eating a 10 strip and going on a joy ride.

InvisibleReefaCheefa
Gimme Reefer
Male User Gallery

#9081195 - 10/15/08 12:25 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

I don't think anyone here ever said they'd drive with whoever whenever and it doesn't matter what drugs their on.

I stated that I'd ride with a certain friend of mine if he were tripping on mushrooms if he thought he was good to drive. I've known this friend for awhile, I know how he acts and I know he can handle a mushroom trip and if he couldn't he would certainly not drive. I'd also trust myself to drive on most acid trips and on the comedown of a mushroom trip.

This is not to say I make a habit of driving, or my friends make a habit of driving, while tripping. I rarely have done it and I don't do it 'just cause for whatever reason.' My point is there are far worse, common, impairments that most people deem acceptable to drive under yet when you mention driving while tripping they freak out and are all 'oh noez! there's no possible way you can ever handle yourself behind a wheel cause your tripping!' I'd trust myself to drive way more while under the influence of lsd than I would if I'm even a little tired. I don't think that's an extreme viewpoint by any means.

Dude, I get paranoid driving while I am high, and I have been smoking for about 6 years. The times I have driven high, I really thought I could handle it, but do you know how many lights I ran accidentally? Just because one thinks he can handle it, doesn't necessarily mean that he can. I am a pretty smart guy and I am a very good judge of my body and can tell when I can and can't do particular things. That being said, I wouldn't recommend driving while under the influence of ANY drug just because I know the POSSIBILITIES. When you decide to hop in your car, its not just you and your passenger's lives at risk, but many innocent people that don't have a say in whether you should be driving or not.

There is NO argument for it and no matter what you say, feel, do, or think, you will always be wrong.

Edited by ReefaCheefa (10/15/08 12:25 PM)

Invisibleplasma
ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ

#9081218 - 10/15/08 12:31 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I'm sure 95 percent of all people registered on this forum has driven while under the influence of some kind of drug whether it be lsd, shrooms, or even alcohol. For you to call us scumbags for admitting that we have driven under the influence of LSD when you yourself have driven under the influence of marijuana goes to show that you are a hypocrit. Driving on low doses of acid is just as dangerous as driving stoned. So you're a scumbag as well. Just had to clear things up. Thanks

Offlinekrypto2000
Unknown

#9081227 - 10/15/08 12:32 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Wrong is a relative term, it's obviously not 'wrong' in my eyes. It's just driving while tripping. Clearly you think it's wrong, and who am I to say you are 'wrong' in your beliefs? But you're not the decider of the universe anymore than anyone else is. There's no such thing as 'right' and 'wrong' in the grand scheme of things, it's up to the individual/the collective to decide. If you believe in god then you'll have a different take on this, and I can't continue this debate if you go there. I don't feel any less safe while driving high (on pot) so to me there is nothing 'wrong' with this.

I've driven while high way more times than I can count. Well into triple digits I'm sure. I've not once caused anyone, or myself, harm while doing so. I don't even speed or anything. I'm no less capable because I'm high, I'm just high. Just in case this needs to be clarified, I'm now talking about pot btw.

I'd be way more worried about people driving while eating, talking on the phone, doing makeup, or being drowsy than I would from many people (certainly not all people) driving high.

edit: or being old, asian, or a women. That is a deadly combo :wink:

InvisibleReefaCheefa
Gimme Reefer
Male User Gallery

Re: driving on acid [Re: plasma]
    #9081231 - 10/15/08 12:35 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

plasma said:
I'm sure 95 percent of all people registered on this forum has driven while under the influence of some kind of drug whether it be lsd, shrooms, or even alcohol. For you to call us scumbags for admitting that we have driven under the influence of LSD when you yourself have driven under the influence of marijuana goes to show that you are a hypocrit. Driving on low doses of acid is just as dangerous as driving stoned. So you're a scumbag as well. Just had to clear things up. Thanks

I never denied that I didn't feel like a scumbag for driving impaired. And im not calling out the people who have driven under the influence. I am reading thru this thread now and people are treating it like its not big deal and they would do it as often as they'd like. I just hope that they all injure themselves without involving anyone else in their accident(s) that are bound to happen.

Offlinekrypto2000
Unknown

#9081239 - 10/15/08 12:37 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Why would you ever hope anyone would injure themselves? They could just continue driving and be safe. The only thing bad that would happen with that is you might lose an argument, who cares. I don't think anyone said they'd just drive whenever they feel like it btw. I'm sure some people on this board would, but I think that's far from the general consensus in this topic.

edit: I don't think it's a big deal to drive while under the influence of anything as long as you seem capable of driving. I don't think it's a good idea, or that you should do it, but I'm not gonna freak out if I see or hear about someone doing it. I think the only people making this a big deal are the people who don't drive while under the influence of anything. Maybe this is a naive statement, but to those people: how would you know? That's like saying drugs are bad yet you've never tried any and just believe everything the media/school 'teaches' you. Well, not quite. I'm sure you can get high and imagine driving, but my point still stands.

InvisibleReefaCheefa
Gimme Reefer
Male User Gallery

#9081240 - 10/15/08 12:37 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

krypto2000 said:
Wrong is a relative term, it's obviously not 'wrong' in my eyes. It's just driving while tripping. Clearly you think it's wrong, and who am I to say you are 'wrong' in your beliefs? But you're not the decider of the universe anymore than anyone else is. There's no such thing as 'right' and 'wrong' in the grand scheme of things, it's up to the individual/the collective to decide. If you believe in god then you'll have a different take on this, and I can't continue this debate if you go there. I don't feel any less safe while driving high (on pot) so to me there is nothing 'wrong' with this.

I've driven while high way more times than I can count. Well into triple digits I'm sure. I've not once caused anyone, or myself, harm while doing so. I don't even speed or anything. I'm no less capable because I'm high, I'm just high. Just in case this needs to be clarified, I'm now talking about pot btw.

I'd be way more worried about people driving while eating, talking on the phone, doing makeup, or being drowsy than I would from many people (certainly not all people) driving high.

edit: or being old, asian, or a women. That is a deadly combo :wink:

Sorry for this, but you're a fucking idiot. I would like to hope that you are thinking about your family when you're talking like this. I guess you find it "right" to take people's lives, right?

InvisibleReefaCheefa
Gimme Reefer
Male User Gallery

#9081246 - 10/15/08 12:38 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

krypto2000 said:
Why would you ever hope anyone would injure themselves? They could just continue driving and be safe. The only thing bad that would happen with that is you might lose an argument, who cares. I don't think anyone said they'd just drive whenever they feel like it btw. I'm sure some people on this board would, but I think that's far from the general consensus in this topic.

If you're going into the mindset that its OKAY or "not wrong" to drive while impaired, you deserve to put yourself through what you're willing to put many others through.

Offlinekrypto2000
Unknown

#9081266 - 10/15/08 12:45 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I don't see what driving while high and killing people have to do with each other lol.

There's nothing wrong with driving while impaired in itself, it just depends on how impaired you are. It's significantly harder for me to drive with a sprained ankle than high, I'd know as I sprained it the other day, but I'm still fully capable of driving. I'm sure you'd too agree that a sprained ankle is probably still able to be driven on. I don't see this jump from driving while high, following all traffic laws, for all intents and purposed driving as I would sober to killing people. That just sounds like scare mongering to me.

InvisibleReefaCheefa
Gimme Reefer
Male User Gallery

#9081287 - 10/15/08 12:49 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

krypto2000 said:
I don't see what driving while high and killing people have to do with each other lol.

There's nothing wrong with driving while impaired in itself, it just depends on how impaired you are. It's significantly harder for me to drive with a sprained ankle than high, I'd know as I sprained it the other day, but I'm still fully capable of driving. I'm sure you'd too agree that a sprained ankle is probably still able to be driven on. I don't see this jump from driving while high, following all traffic laws, for all intents and purposed driving as I would sober to killing people. That just sounds like scare mongering to me.

Uhh, because your mind is infact _impaired_. You don't make judgments like you would sober, allowing for a lot more "accidental decisions" resulting in accidents. People lose their lives in accidents every day if you haven't noticed. We dont need 1 more impaired idiot on the road thinking they are fine enough to drive.

Offlinemushroomtip
Botanist
Male

Loc: The Concrete Jungles
    #9081291 - 10/15/08 12:49 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I've driven back from festivals many times while still tripping.

I honestly feel better driving on acid than I do on anything else. Including caffeine. One hit of acid and it's smooth sailing for 10 hours. With caffeine I get all tense and jittery and make a lot of mistakes.

You just gotta know your ability and not doubt yourself. If you get into the mind set that, "this is unsafe" you're probably gonna work yourself up and catch yourself in a hell of a loop.

--------------------
"Always aim at complete harmony of thought and word and deed. Always aim at purifying your thoughts and everything will be well." - Mahatma Gandhi

Seeds and cuttings for trade.

InvisibleReefaCheefa
Gimme Reefer
Male User Gallery

Re: driving on acid [Re: mushroomtip]
    #9081313 - 10/15/08 12:53 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I've come to the conclusion that pretty much almost everyone that has posted in this thread is an idiot and I am so surprised that no one feels as strongly as I do about this. I wish I could just laugh at all of your stupidity, but in reality this infuriates me.

Offlinecubenz
Mr. Nice Guy

Loc: shack on hill
Re: driving on acid [Re: mushroomtip]
    #9081315 - 10/15/08 12:54 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

i drove home from a concert on dose once, the road t o my house was straight for miles and the headlights that were up the road a few miles made it feel like i wAS in a huge tunnel. it was pretty cool.

--------------------
:jah:

Boulder

Invisiblec0sm0nautt
Male User Gallery
Loc: The Astral Realm
Re: driving on acid [Re: niteowl]
    #9081325 - 10/15/08 12:57 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

niteowl said:

PERIOD

Offlinekrypto2000
Unknown

#9081326 - 10/15/08 12:57 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

ReefaCheefa said:
Uhh, because your mind is infact _impaired_. You don't make judgments like you would sober, allowing for a lot more "accidental decisions" resulting in accidents. People lose their lives in accidents every day if you haven't noticed. We dont need 1 more impaired idiot on the road thinking they are fine enough to drive.

I don't think you're wrong here, your point is entirely valid and I never meant to say it wasn't. I just believe that you're blowing your point (or my point) way out of proportion. I'm sure I am more impaired while high than not. Lets say when I'm sober there's a .005% chance I'd cause an accident. After I get high that number goes up to .01%. That's still pretty insignificant in my mind, more than enough so that I disregard it and go drive anyways. For some they're level of impairment could go up to 20% or something and of course those people shouldn't be driving. I agree with the laws because you can't make a law that only affects people who 'seem like they can drive.' My thought is if I'm caught I deserve the punishment, but I'm not going to get caught unless I'm pulled over for something I shouldn't be doing in the first place. It's just all about where you draw the line, I'm obviously much more liberal in where I draw that line than you are.

InvisibleReefaCheefa
Gimme Reefer
Male User Gallery

#9081339 - 10/15/08 01:00 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

krypto2000 said:
Quote:

ReefaCheefa said:

I don't think you're wrong here, your point is entirely valid and I never meant to say it wasn't. I just believe that you're blowing your point (or my point) way out of proportion. I'm sure I am more impaired while high than not. Lets say when I'm sober there's a .005% chance I'd cause an accident. After I get high that number goes up to .01%. That's still pretty insignificant in my mind, more than enough so that I disregard it and go drive anyways. For some they're level of impairment could go up to 20% or something and of course those people shouldn't be driving. I agree with the laws because you can't make a law that only affects people who 'seem like they can drive.' My thought is if I'm caught I deserve the punishment, but I'm not going to get caught unless I'm pulled over for something I shouldn't be doing in the first place. It's just all about where you draw the line, I'm obviously much more liberal in where I draw that line than you are.

You are naive to try and say that your percentage of an accident only increases slightly even a little under the influence...that is your problem.

Offlinekrypto2000
Unknown

#9081348 - 10/15/08 01:03 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

You are naive to think you know what it's like to be me.

Offlinedjblackout
supreme scratch masta

#9081364 - 10/15/08 01:05 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

driving tripping is dangerous.  If you dont believe me i can link you some pictures of my friends head and the mess it made on his winshield

--------------------
I am the fakest person on this site. I only pretend to grow and consume illegal mushrooms. I have no knowledge what so ever on any scheduled substance because I know and respect the governing law in the United States of America. All pictures and dialogue posted by me is entirley copyrighted from those who wish to knowingly ignore the laws. I only post these messages as a mere propaganda technique used to gain attention and admiration from others. Thank You

Offlinekrypto2000
Unknown

Re: driving on acid [Re: djblackout]
    #9081385 - 10/15/08 01:08 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Driving while sober is dangerous. If you don't believe me I can link you to some pictures of my friends head and the mess it made on his windshield.

Offlinesatyr
אתה בעצמך יודע

Loc: Alpha Canis Majoris
Re: driving on acid [Re: c0sm0nautt]
    #9081399 - 10/15/08 01:11 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

c0sm0nautt said:
Quote:

niteowl said:

PERIOD

yes, it can be irresponsible, although Im guilty of this myself.
I will never drive on acid again, due to the distortion of depth perception; not a good thing when driving.
Cannabis on the other hand, allows me to become a much better driver, by enhancing my senses and slight dilation of time.
Mescaline? whooooooaaaa

--------------------
Looking for Astrophytum asterias specimens; have cacti for trade :pm:

Offlinedjblackout
supreme scratch masta

Re: driving on acid [Re: satyr]
    #9081407 - 10/15/08 01:12 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

maybe your sober friend should wear a seatbelt.

--------------------
I am the fakest person on this site. I only pretend to grow and consume illegal mushrooms. I have no knowledge what so ever on any scheduled substance because I know and respect the governing law in the United States of America. All pictures and dialogue posted by me is entirley copyrighted from those who wish to knowingly ignore the laws. I only post these messages as a mere propaganda technique used to gain attention and admiration from others. Thank You

OfflineInnoculus
 User Gallery

#9081414 - 10/15/08 01:13 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Some hostilities around here, eh?  Basically... You drive when you have to.  If it's absolutely necessary that you get somewhere while you're on some amount of acid, it's up to the driver to make that judgment. I sure as fuck know when I shouldn't be driving.  But sometimes the goal outweighs the risk.  Especially if when I'm driving, the top speed limit is like.. 35mph.  If I hit something I'm gonna do it pretty slowly and stupidly.  Not a big concern.  I would say NEVER drive on the highway on acid.  That's not a good idea.

Offlinedjblackout
supreme scratch masta

#9081425 - 10/15/08 01:16 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

hahahhaha people always have choices.  ride the bus? call a friend? if u have the loot...taxi

--------------------

Offlinekrypto2000
Unknown

#9081460 - 10/15/08 01:21 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Just wanted to say I don't advocate driving on anything. Pot I generally don't care about if anyone does it cause most people I've ever met are fine to drive high. If it's something else I'll try and stop the person from doing so. I was mainly arguing for the sake of arguing here, I just felt that some people were blowing this out of proportion and felt I should defend driving under the influence (heh, never thought I'd say that).

ReefaCheefa, I'm sorry you think I'm an idiot, from your perspective I probably am though, I'm not going to try and defend that, but just wanted to say no hard feelings. I don't care if you disagree with me on this issue or not, I'm sure you're probably a cool guy though. I'd hope you'd give me the same benefit of a doubt despite my opinions on driving. Anyways, just didn't want to end this on a bad note, it seemed to get a little more emotional/personal than I had wanted and I hope nothing bad was taken from this. :heart: to all :mushroom2: :wink:

InvisibleReefaCheefa
Gimme Reefer
Male User Gallery

#9081469 - 10/15/08 01:22 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

krypto2000 said:
You are naive to think you know what it's like to be me.

From your beliefs and how you like to make yourself appear here at the shroomery, why would I or anyone else wanna try and feel what its like to be like you. I don't even know why I am typing, you're obviously an idiot.

OfflineInnoculus
 User Gallery

#9081484 - 10/15/08 01:24 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

... Well.. I think all that needs to be discussed has been discussed.  Trolling can stop now.  Lock thread, perhaps?

Offlinedjblackout
supreme scratch masta

#9081485 - 10/15/08 01:25 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

:mushroom2:

--------------------

InvisibleReefaCheefa
Gimme Reefer
Male User Gallery

#9081491 - 10/15/08 01:26 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I don't see any trolling going on at all. Are you sober or what? I see a lot of voiced opinions on this matter. Some just happen to be 100% dumber than others.

Offlinethe free thinker
salesman
Male User Gallery

Loc: twin cities
    #9081493 - 10/15/08 01:26 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

djblackout said:
hahahhaha people always have choices.  ride the bus? call a friend? if u have the loot...taxi

I don't know about others, but a lot of the time the very task of driving is a bigger thrill and rush of excitement than anything else in the equation.  I've driven when I "had" to, yeah, but I've also driven because I wanted to.  It may have been irresponsible and wreckless, but I did it, and had a great time.

In the future I would make attempts to avoid it, but I can not say that I will never drive again on a manageable (read: low) dose.

--------------------

Offlinekrypto2000
Unknown

#9081512 - 10/15/08 01:29 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

ReefaCheefa said:
I don't see any trolling going on at all. Are you sober or what? I see a lot of voiced opinions on this matter. Some just happen to be 100% dumber than others.

Well me and you spent a whole page talking about driving while high on pot. :vaped:

Offlinebomba88
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: strawberry fields
Re: driving on acid [Re: the free thinker]
    #9081528 - 10/15/08 01:31 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

i have driven twice on acid...once was 2 minute drive down one road at night.  I had eaten about 4 really weak tabs and split one really really strong tab and it had just started to kick in on top of the other stuff.  I never want to do that again...The lines on the road were moving everywhere and it seemed like there was hundreds of oncoming headlights.  The other time I at 2 bomb gel tabs and was peaking in the middle of the day.  That was not a problem because i didnt have to deal with headlights and the struggle to see the lines, if it was at night it would have been a comletely different story.

--------------------

Life is Good, but Dead is Better

OfflineInnoculus
 User Gallery

#9081529 - 10/15/08 01:32 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Well it seems to me like reefa and krypto both obviously have their own opinions and no amount of argument is going to change their ideas.  Not that this isn't a valid topic of discussion, as I've done it before, and don't think it's the WORST thing in the world, but I also consider myself a decent driver and I'm careful no matter what state of mind I'm in.  I can see both sides.  It's irresponsible but so are most of the things that people do on drugs.

OfflineAngel_Above
Nobody
Male

#9081790 - 10/15/08 02:15 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I wouldn't suggest doing it. I ate 6 grams dried cubes and a little after my peak I drove... it was moronic. I couldn't focus at all.

Offlinewildchild68
lion in a coma
 User Gallery

Re: driving on acid [Re: Mastamike1118]
    #9081832 - 10/15/08 02:23 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Mastamike1118 said:
driving high is harder than driving on acid...

Man, I have no clue how you came to that conclusion.

I think driving on acid is fairly hard and way too nerve racking. I did it once for a short distance, and don't ever plan on doing it again.

--------------------

OfflineOrbital_Saucer
Other
Male

#9082881 - 10/15/08 06:23 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

krypto2000 said:
Should we not let any old people drive because some of them are shitty drivers?

Alas, such a utopian world could never exist.

Invisiblepolantis
Prototype v7.3 Alpha
Male User Gallery

Loc: Austraalis Flag
Re: driving on acid [Re: Orbital_Saucer]
    #9082985 - 10/15/08 06:47 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

My first LSD trip I drove for 1 1/2 hrs! It was THE scariest thing I've ever done!

--------------------
We do not know what we want and yet we are responsible for what we are - that is the fact.
Jean-Paul Sartre

InvisibleMasonsChild
Fellow Traveler>^..^<

Loc: Upper Midwest
Re: driving on acid [Re: polantis]
    #9083268 - 10/15/08 07:45 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

As long as you don't have chlorine on your tires and do it in a cool dark place driving on acid should not degrade it noticably.

Just kidding. Half of you guys would try to hang me if I told you about my history of chemical ingestion and driving. How the hell could you tour?

Don't do balloons while driving though.

--------------------
Truckin' ain't for Sally's

InvisibleSavageSporeBeast
thundershowers, thundershowers

Re: driving on acid [Re: Orbital_Saucer]
    #9083758 - 10/15/08 09:05 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Orbital_Saucer said:
Quote:

krypto2000 said:
Should we not let any old people drive because some of them are shitty drivers?

Alas, such a utopian world could never exist.

^

I am a driving finatic, i love motorsports and i love cars. The feeling of being connected to the road, and having the power of an engine under your foot feels amazing.

You only need to look at accidient stastics... driving the by far the most dangerous thing most of us will do on any given day, often even a week or month.

i plan so that i wont need to drive, and have a ride if i need it. i dont want to drive if substances are involved.

If you really know yourself, and know your limits, then make the decicision for yourself. But if you have any doubts, you better stay off the road.

Invisible1red1
calamity

#9083797 - 10/15/08 09:11 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah, don't do that.
I did once, years ago, can't believe I didn't get arrested. It's a miracle in fact. Terrible idea.
Don't do that.

Offlineshah
Alchemist

Loc: Goa, India
Re: driving on acid [Re: 1red1]
    #9083995 - 10/15/08 09:47 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

amen, when I was young and stupid (4 years ago, so not much has changed) My friends thought it was a great idea to drive to seattle and back on the 520 bridge. I remember it being an amazing drive and the visuals were mind blowing, it seemed like everything had slowed down in our little vehicle but at the same time flying at light speed to Seattle. The light fixtures were turning into flaming caterpillars. Finally we got to our destination and the driver then told us the lanes were making figure 8's.

Never doing that again.

--------------------

Invisibleplasma
ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ

Re: driving on acid [Re: Angel_Above]
    #9084089 - 10/15/08 10:02 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Angel_Above said:
I wouldn't suggest doing it. I ate 6 grams dried cubes and a little after my peak I drove... it was moronic. I couldn't focus at all.

Driving on shrooms is a lot different than driving on LSD

OfflineSubconscious
Stranger
Male

#9084155 - 10/15/08 10:13 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I've driven my dirtbike on a tab before, but I stayed on my own property and was only endangering myself- it was fun as shit. Anything past 2 tabs i'm usually tripping way too hard to fuck around like that though.

As for driving a car tripping... i've driven like 8-9 hours after a dose to go home, but the effects are usually minimal by that point, I'd never drive during an actual trip though... just too much shit waiting to go wrong- not worth it at all.

OfflineMr_T
Stranger
    #9084889 - 10/16/08 01:09 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

hehe

Offlineblah818
Stranger

Re: driving on acid [Re: Mr_T]
    #9085103 - 10/16/08 02:39 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

i know that when i drive stoned i get very zoned and slowed down i drive slower and shit but i also react allot slower too.. on acid it was just as if i were sober as long as your not a dumbass and dont focus on the lines and just stay straight your good to go i wouldnt recomend it but if you HAVE to drive on acid wich i did have to saturday night its not such a hard thing acid is what you make of it if you start freaking out wether it be in your bedroom or in the car your gonna freak out untill you get out of where ever is freakin you out i was drivin trippin satday night and there where two garbage cans in the middle of the road that came out of no where i swereved inbetween them w/o hitting them or making any drastic swerves at all just as if i were sober but on mushrooms every thing looks fake and its all kind of smooshed into eachother like your in a playdoe land shrooms = no way acid = if you have to then no big dont freak i would much rather drive on lsd then drive baked fosho a good tip while driving impared is if you think your swervin or not in your lane check your mirrors and look at where you are in the lane

OfflinePsilocybonaut
Stranger
Male

Loc: Florida and Ohio
    #9085716 - 10/16/08 09:47 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I drove on 4 hits of acid like five hours into it. I was tripping balls before i got in my car, and it was just time to go you know what i mean? I sat in my car and it was like a trip off switch. I drove home fine, and as soon as i got out of my car right back to were i was before i got in my car.

InvisibleDahuiHeeNalu
Female

Loc: Indonesia Flag
Re: driving on acid [Re: Psilocybonaut]
    #9085723 - 10/16/08 09:52 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

i drove on 6gms of Koh S. mushies once to say i was speeding and a cop whipped it around i know da island pretty good so i ran parked and ran out on the beach some lady with a dog walked by i was just watching the sunset and she called someone and 2 pt cruiser type cars rolled up with guys in black uniforms i could see da lights in the car and ran thru the dunes luckily i got away and got back to my car for my skateboard and skated home after running thru sand spurs and skated a few miles home crazy time i must say i tried to call for help many times but my bro had a psychedelic ring back tone that ripped me out every time where i couldnt let it ring aghhh crazy time.

--------------------
#IamKratom

Offlinekrypto2000
Unknown

Re: driving on acid [Re: DahuiHeeNalu]
    #9085733 - 10/16/08 09:58 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Got something against periods?  :jefferson:

OfflineShamanintraining
Junkhead
Male

Loc: Rough Raleigh Flag
    #9085760 - 10/16/08 10:07 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Considering I frequently loose all sense of depth perception while tripping, I wouldn't drive.  Why would you want to drive while tripping anyway?

--------------------

"Leave your mind alone and just get high"

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

Re: driving on acid [Re: Shamanintraining]
    #9085863 - 10/16/08 10:37 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

driving while tripping can be fun it really depends on the person. some people shouldnt be driving period. I drive tripping all the time, some people can some cant. similar to playing basket ball while tripping,archery,i dunno various things, any who when it comes down to it... some people can do somethings others cant as well or cant period. For starts i have 10 20 vision that helps alot.

tho i have to say sometimes drives longer drives feel like they were forver but at the same time really short. and the road jus goes on like its endless oh my the drive home from this one festival was so good i never saw that rode like that before

--------------------

"You all are just  puppets... You have no heart...and cannot feel any pain...""
you may think thats pain you feel but you must have a heart to feel true pain and that pain wont be yours

OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

Re: driving on acid [Re: thedudenj]
    #9085971 - 10/16/08 11:05 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Driving on acid is fun but it's a dick move and people shouldn't do it.

--------------------

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

Re: driving on acid [Re: Noviseer]
    #9086055 - 10/16/08 11:22 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Noviseer said:
Driving on acid is fun but it's a dick move and people shouldn't do it.

why explain, when it comes down to it theres a huge differences between moderately tripping and holy shit i cant move tripping and thats a factor people arnt considering. i drink and drive but i only have 1-2 beers while im driving. im not drinking 1 gallon and a half of beer. thats classified as drunken wasted driving and drastically differs from drinking and driving.

its like a square is a rectangle  but a rectangle sure isnt a square tho it can be. if you get what i mean.

if i was able to drive from NJ to LI over 100 miles having eaten some datura and drank some beer. i clearly wasnt wasted or ODing on datura. careful moderation was used it felt great and cured my swallow lmyph nodes IE the reason i was eating the datura(not to get high)

as for acid and driving its all about mind state.

--------------------

you may think thats pain you feel but you must have a heart to feel true pain and that pain wont be yours

Offlinekrypto2000
Unknown

#9086123 - 10/16/08 11:36 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

That's the point I was trying to make. Driving on any substance generally isn't a good idea, but just because someone isn't considered sober doesn't mean they're incapable of driving or even close to it. I certainly don't advocate dosing a vial and going for a ride for shits and giggles, but if you're not tripping too hard and you drive and are sure you can handle it then I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. I'm not saying it's a good idea or that I advocate it, it's just not that big of a deal imo.

OfflineThe_Ghost
ゴースト

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: USG Ishimura Flag
    #9086386 - 10/16/08 12:31 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

MisterMuscaria said:
Those who are experienced with LSD would have no problem whatsoever performing any everyday task while under the influence. I think driving on acid is far safer than driving drunk. However, someone whose dropping acid for the first time, the fifth time or even the 10th time should NOT drive while tripping.

+
Quote:

LightShedder said:
It's all up to the person. For me, I have less coordination with mushrooms and very little coordination disturbance with LSD. So I can easily drive on LSD and not mushrooms. That is not to say that there aren't plenty of people who should not drive after taking LSD though.

--------------------
/ / / / / / / LISTEN TO MY MUSIC: E X E D / / / / / / /
The universe gives no fucks. And takes no fucks.
May His Circuits Ever Function

OfflineBig_Whoop
giver of two shits
Male User Gallery

Loc: southern ontario Flag
    #9087314 - 10/16/08 03:56 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Abuse said:

lul. yah driving should be avoided at such times. just in case.

--------------------

the pillars of the universe are taking a break at the moment, please call again

Invisiblekaniz
That one, overthere.
Male

Loc: Ontario
Re: driving on acid [Re: Big_Whoop]
    #9087543 - 10/16/08 05:03 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

While I would never drive while tripping, I spent most of my last LSD trip on a bike. However, it was in a park with wide trails, not many people - and stuck to the park without going onto the main roads until well after the peak (Dosed at 11:30am, didn't get on the roads back home until 10:00pm)

I was rather surprised at how easy it was to bike - even navigating tight turns, rough terrain/etc felt easier than doing it sober.

Was the most fun I've had on a LSD trip in a long time now. It also gave me an opportunity to hit some very scenic parts of the park multiple times and explore parts of it that I'd never get around to on foot before (or at least within 1 day) - ended up in some very scenic/beautiful spots, would lay down a blanket and relax for a bit, then hop back onto my bike, tear around a bit more and find another nice spot.

Felt more stable/secure biking on 3 hits of LSD and in control / able to deal with my environment then I do after a few strong hits of weed.

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

Re: driving on acid [Re: The_Ghost]
    #9088521 - 10/16/08 08:20 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

The_Ghost said:
Quote:

MisterMuscaria said:

+
Quote:

LightShedder said:

i like driving on mushrooms too tho. its not that bad sometimes tho there a bit of uneasyness if thats felt wait to drive

--------------------

InvisibleMisterMuscaria
Male User Gallery

#9088526 - 10/16/08 08:23 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I cannot drive on mushrooms very safely at all. I need to eat em when I get to my destination and stay there till Im done tripping.

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

Re: driving on acid [Re: MisterMuscaria]
    #9088546 - 10/16/08 08:27 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

tee hee my other friend i held mushrooms on a plate while she was driving and eating em, she is harder then hardcore. redhaired girls man...

--------------------

InvisibleGalvie_Flu
 User Gallery

wr [Re: thedudenj]
    #9088578 - 10/16/08 08:32 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

werw

Edited by shaos (04/28/11 09:39 AM)

Offlinealkylbenzene23
Indeed
 User Gallery

Re: driving on acid [Re: Galvie_Flu]
    #9088619 - 10/16/08 08:41 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Anybody who drives while high and gets caught deserves what they get. Recklessly endangering other peoples lives is neither cool nor funny and just gives drugs a bad name. Call a fucking cab, or somebody you know who is NOT high at the moment.

It doesn't matter how much acid you are on either, you can get visual and auditory disturbances on 110ug.

--------------------
If you try to lick your cat while tripping, and they bite you, are you even?

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

Re: driving on acid [Re: alkylbenzene23]
    #9088652 - 10/16/08 08:48 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

alkylbenzene23 said:
Anybody who drives while high and gets caught deserves what they get. Recklessly endangering other peoples lives is neither cool nor funny and just gives drugs a bad name. Call a fucking cab, or somebody you know who is NOT high at the moment.

It doesn't matter how much acid you are on either, you can get visual and auditory disturbances on 110ug.

sigh then i hope you never smoke pot and drive cause its reckless endangerment or after kissing a girl if she really gets you going or while high on life in any other way

--------------------

Offlinefantastic dan
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: driving on acid *DELETED* [Re: blah818]
    #9088672 - 10/16/08 08:51 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Post deleted by fantastic dan

Reason for deletion: .

Offlinesatyr
אתה בעצמך יודע

Loc: Alpha Canis Majoris
Re: driving on acid [Re: fantastic dan]
    #9088685 - 10/16/08 08:53 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I've driven on Datura, quite well actually. Though, I quickly decided that it was a bad idea once I realized that I was actually sitting on top of my trash can.

--------------------
Looking for Astrophytum asterias specimens; have cacti for trade :pm:

Offlinedwtk
it all rolls into one
Male User Gallery

Loc: Franklin's Tower
    #9088694 - 10/16/08 08:55 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I know a lot of people that would be quick to say "WHY WOULD YOU DRIVE ON ACID", only to drink and drive or do some other stupid combo before getting in a car. Low doses of LSD are way more manageable than being even slightly tipsy.

--------------------

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

#9088773 - 10/16/08 09:07 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

satyr said:
I've driven on Datura, quite well actually. Though, I quickly decided that it was a bad idea once I realized that I was actually sitting on top of my trash can.

lol yeah thats a differnt dose of it

--------------------

Offlinealkylbenzene23
Indeed
 User Gallery

#9091323 - 10/17/08 11:37 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

thedudenj said:
Quote:

alkylbenzene23 said:

sigh then i hope you never smoke pot and drive cause its reckless endangerment or after kissing a girl if she really gets you going or while high on life in any other way

Sigh, Did you enjoy taking my words out of context?

--------------------
If you try to lick your cat while tripping, and they bite you, are you even?

Invisiblemeatman
Goner
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Underwater Lake
    #9091535 - 10/17/08 12:31 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

i did it once. i saw rings of fire i couldn't take my eyes off of. scared the shit out of me and won't ever do it again. you never know how or when acid is going to make you react. to sum up my point, it's bad, mmkay?

--------------------
"I don't do drugs. I am drugs." -Dali
Everything I post is a complete fabrication made for your entertainment.

Invisibleshadyy
aHhahhHA
 User Gallery

Loc: winchestertonfieldville i...
Re: driving on acid [Re: meatman]
    #9091546 - 10/17/08 12:33 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

yea ive driven on acid before..shit was pretty nuts, i was seeing shit all over, and i got lost in my own town a couple times. it was a fun experience though

--------------------

ga ga ga eets eets how you gone be mad on vacation?
MONICA COULDN'T TELL TIME UNTIL SHE WAS 13

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: driving on acid [Re: shadyy]
    #9092839 - 10/17/08 05:18 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

i hate driving at any time
there are so many deranged people out there on the road.
half of them probably stoned, probably posters to this thread.
my problem is I am sure I know what they are thinking
this really hurts my head.
but worse, it makes me very nauseous.
I keep trying to eat things while driving to take my mind off the telepathic garbage and to fight the nausea.
then I run out of snacks, and I have to burp my way up the next hill.
life is such a struggle.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

Offlineshadowwalker
Stranger
    #23337580 - 06/12/16 08:02 PM (7 years, 9 months ago)

I failed the first time I took my driver license test. I failed completely sober and I scheduled another one. I accidentally took 2 hits of strong acid before my second driver license test because I forgot I had to take it that day. I didn't want to reschedule again with the DMV because it's such a bureaucratic nightmare, so I took it tripping balls. The only mistake I made was not using my blinker at a round about. Which I didn't know I was supposed to do in the first place. I got my DL that day. :b

I'm not advocating for anyone to drive while tripping. I'm also not trying to imply that you're a better driver tripping either. I'm simply offering my experience for your consideration. You should use your best judgement..

OfflineMasterPython
Stranger
Loc: Canada Flag
Re: driving on acid [Re: shadowwalker]
    #23337609 - 06/12/16 08:11 PM (7 years, 9 months ago)

Driving on acid is easy. Driving on acid's a breeze. Just keep the car on the highway. Don't laugh and don't fart and don't sneeze

OfflineThe Grateful One
DMT Guy

#23337616 - 06/12/16 08:12 PM (7 years, 9 months ago)

I can drive on acid too, then I looked around and realized I was sitting cross legged on the sofa holding my computer keyboard like it was a steering wheel playing need for speed while my car continuously rammed itself into a guard rail.

I didn't win that race.

Don't drive on acid .

:laugh:

Edited by The Grateful One (04/29/18 11:11 PM)

OfflineNorthernerM
splelling chceker
 User Gallery

Loc: FNQ
Re: driving on acid [Re: The Grateful One]
    #23337679 - 06/12/16 08:36 PM (7 years, 9 months ago)

It's funny how first time posters often resurrect 7-13 year old threads. :shrug:

I never go near my car tripping, shit just freaks me out. One of my buddies was over the other month and about 6 hours into the trip he decides he wants to go home. I'm like "are you sure man, you're just gonna be home alone wasted, nothings gonna change". He reckoned he was sure so I helped him gather all his shit up. He gets to the front door and steps outside, then he reckons "which way man?" I live on top of a hill, there was only one possible way. :lol:  He was still dead keen to go, so I let him go. Fortunately he only lives about 400m away from my house... I was still worried he might not make it. :uhoh:

--------------------
The nearest we ever come to knowing truth is when we are witness to paradox.

OfflineSonicTitan
 User Gallery

Re: driving on acid [Re: Northerner]
    #23337709 - 06/12/16 08:48 PM (7 years, 9 months ago)

Acid likes to play tricks on ya too where you may not think you're as high as you are. once you sit down and actually try to do repetitive motion or keeping focus on one task it can seem almost impossible. I do love boarding on acid tho and cruise around even if it's just a large parking lot

--------------------
"We are a way for the cosmos to know itself."

OfflinePreparationH
apply daily

Re: driving on acid [Re: SonicTitan]
    #23337731 - 06/12/16 08:58 PM (7 years, 9 months ago)

Wow, 7 years ago...  I have since tripped balls on shrooms and was able to drive a golf cart on private land as a test.  Would never do that on a public street that was scary as hell.  Gas pedal was wiggling, the road was winding deeper in my vision.  LOL

OfflineAkashicExplorer
Dimensional Jumper
 User Gallery

#23338297 - 06/13/16 02:04 AM (7 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

shadowwalker said:
I failed the first time I took my driver license test. I failed completely sober and I scheduled another one. I accidentally took 2 hits of strong acid before my second driver license test because I forgot I had to take it that day. I didn't want to reschedule again with the DMV because it's such a bureaucratic nightmare, so I took it tripping balls. The only mistake I made was not using my blinker at a round about. Which I didn't know I was supposed to do in the first place. I got my DL that day. :b

I'm not advocating for anyone to drive while tripping. I'm also not trying to imply that you're a better driver tripping either. I'm simply offering my experience for your consideration. You should use your best judgement..

Congrats for an eight year necro post hahaha. This thread is from 2008 haahha.

About the topic... I dont think I would drive on any psych.... lol.

--------------------
:mushroom2: The 87 gram MushZilla BEAST  :mushroom2:

:thumbup:And it just obliterated the uttermost crap out from me.:thumbup:

Love, Bliss, Laughter and Enlightenment!

InvisibleLSDollar
Trans-female

Loc: Up Up and Away Flag
Re: driving on acid [Re: AkashicExplorer]
    #23338704 - 06/13/16 08:13 AM (7 years, 9 months ago)

I drove on 2 hits of some nice 100+ug blotters this weekend. It was intense, like a video game almost. I wouldn't make a habit of it though.

InvisibleGrateful Dead
A Growing Ambivalence
Male User Gallery

Loc: Parked Car, Playing NPR
Re: driving on acid [Re: LSDollar]
    #23338858 - 06/13/16 09:27 AM (7 years, 9 months ago)

First time I did acid, I drove to buy more and ended up peaking on the Highway going 70 mph feeling like having a panic attack because everything quit moving and the radio of coarse was playing "Lucy in The Sky" :rolleyes:

--------------------
Life begins on the other side of despair...

Invisibleplasma
ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ

Re: driving on acid [Re: Grateful Dead]
    #23338910 - 06/13/16 09:45 AM (7 years, 9 months ago)

Jc, I posted on this thread 7 years ago

OfflineLucisM
Nutritional Yeast

#23338954 - 06/13/16 10:05 AM (7 years, 9 months ago)

Dear lordy no, nobody should be driving on acid.

Years ago I lived on a bit of land which was down the road from a friend, it was a country road and was always dead, except for the occasional tractor, or random car, it was not well traveled down.  Anyway, I took 3 hits of some really good WoW, and wanted to go down to my friends property, they had like 50 acres of land so I was going to run around under the moon with some girl who was also dosed.  I was to anxious to walk down there because I thought the police might see me walking on the road and stop and hassle me, at this time the girl I was with had a hippie dress on, and I was decked out in grateful dead attire, had really long hair, so was a bit noid we looked suspect, so hatched the brilliant plan to drive.

Anyway, I hopped in my vehicle and proceeded to drive the half a mile to their place, let me tell you I will never be able to fly a spaceship, but I am sure that is the closest I will come to doing just that, at least that's how it felt for me.  It wasn't that it was hard to do, it was just everything was so damn distracting, all the gauges, reflectors on the road, I am sure some of you know.  I do not recommend driving on any substance because it's irresponsible, but dammit if that wasn't an interesting experience I don't know what is.

--------------------
©️

OfflineRewindicus
Silly Goose
Male User Gallery

#23339006 - 06/13/16 10:22 AM (7 years, 9 months ago)

Man this thread makes me sad. So many selfish people. I don't drive high on anything or from drinks. Ever. They are 5,000 pound death machines even while sober. I know people who have died from being hit by non sober drivers on psychs. I even went to school with a kid who killed a whole family and himself driving on psychs.

I just can't think of any reason to drive altered thats more important than an innocent strangers life? I can't even comprehend it.

But that's just me. Definitely not the majority in this thread.

--------------------
“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.”- Dr. Seuss

"Too much of a good thing, can be wonderful!" - Mae West

"If you have nothing nice to say about anyone, come sit next to me."
- Alice Roosevelt Longworth

InvisibleGrateful Dead
A Growing Ambivalence
Male User Gallery

Loc: Parked Car, Playing NPR
Re: driving on acid [Re: Rewindicus]
    #23339024 - 06/13/16 10:32 AM (7 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah, driving on substances is wrong and dangerous.

I done it so many times, I'm embarrassed to admit to it.

I think my punishment is that I never will know how to respond to someone saying that without feeling like an asshole or lair. Because I never hurt anyone and never got a DUI therefor I cannot really have regrets...until I do some soul searching.

--------------------
Life begins on the other side of despair...

OfflineLuzaW
Um, yeah
Male

Loc: Southeast USA
Re: driving on acid [Re: Grateful Dead]
    #23340620 - 06/13/16 07:02 PM (7 years, 9 months ago)

35+ years ago, the future mrs LuzaW and i went to the beach.  we took a stash of acid with us that we'd been dosing on a couple times a week.  the nearest place to get beer was a 30 min drive away.  we went to the store, bought the beer, and dropped.  based on prior experiences with this batch, we didn't expect to have any effects for 40 mins or more

we were wrong

the last 10 minutes of that drive back to the rental house terrible.  the road stretched out further and further ahead of us and we couldn't for the life of us tell what our speed was.

it was stupid af, never did that again no matter how short the dirve might be

but it was a helluva trip.  the winds were high that day and the ocean choppy.  playing in it felt like moving through jello, when the waves weren't tossing us like leaves.  playing in such rough waters was probably stupid af too

Offlinejonnwell
Jon
Male
Loc: USA
    #24347171 - 05/24/17 07:37 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

I wouldn't drive on shrooms but I did on acid once because I had to get back home but it was 7 hours into my trip. I don't think it would be a good idea to drive while peaking though.

--------------------
"What we call reality is nothing more than a culturally sanctioned and linguistically reinforced hallucination."
- Terrence McKenna

InvisibleNiffla
Male User Gallery

Loc: Texas
Re: driving on acid [Re: jonnwell]
    #24347598 - 05/24/17 10:55 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Back when I was young and fucking uber retarded, I once thought it was a good idea to eat 2 and a half hits of some potent LSD and drive, on the motherfucking come up, 40 miles to a haunted house (you know, the ones they set up around Halloween). With a car packed full of dumb asses.

And it was Friday night big city traffic, so the freeways were busy. Dude, it felt like I was in a fucking Nascar race or some shit. I was scared shitless. I was coming up HARD. I mean I felt like I was melting into the damn seat. Somehow, someway -- I got us there without dying.

But looking back I could have EASILY killed us all. It took every ounce of concentration that I had to make it there without ending up in a fatality car crash at 70 plus MPH.

It was one of the scariest drives of my life, and I've been through some pretty harrowing drives. That was many years ago and lesson learned -- these days I wouldn't get near a car on acid, regardless of the stage of the trip. No thanks.

--------------------

OfflineOtto Man
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: driving on acid [Re: Niffla]
    #24348819 - 05/25/17 12:00 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

I've ended up driving a handful of times on the comedown of shrooms and acid. It's hard to gauge how hard your tripping when it comes in waves sometimes. Just not worth the risk. I once ended up driving to the woods at 6 in the morning 7 hours into a 200 ug trip and had drank 2 beers not long before. I smoked when I got to the woods and felt like the trip was in full peak again. I just remember walking to my car and feeling like.. shit what did I do. I needed water very badly and ended up driving alright but it's very irresponsible.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder