Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinecubenz
Mr. Nice Guy

Loc: shack on hill
Re: driving on acid [Re: mushroomtip]
    #9081315 - 10/15/08 12:54 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

i drove home from a concert on dose once, the road t o my house was straight for miles and the headlights that were up the road a few miles made it feel like i wAS in a huge tunnel. it was pretty cool.

--------------------
:jah:

Boulder

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblec0sm0nautt
Male User Gallery
Loc: The Astral Realm
Re: driving on acid [Re: niteowl]
    #9081325 - 10/15/08 12:57 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

niteowl said:
You shouldn't drive under the influence of any mind altering drug.

PERIOD

Offlinekrypto2000
Unknown

Re: driving on acid [Re: ReefaCheefa]
    #9081326 - 10/15/08 12:57 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

ReefaCheefa said:
Uhh, because your mind is infact _impaired_. You don't make judgments like you would sober, allowing for a lot more "accidental decisions" resulting in accidents. People lose their lives in accidents every day if you haven't noticed. We dont need 1 more impaired idiot on the road thinking they are fine enough to drive.

I don't think you're wrong here, your point is entirely valid and I never meant to say it wasn't. I just believe that you're blowing your point (or my point) way out of proportion. I'm sure I am more impaired while high than not. Lets say when I'm sober there's a .005% chance I'd cause an accident. After I get high that number goes up to .01%. That's still pretty insignificant in my mind, more than enough so that I disregard it and go drive anyways. For some they're level of impairment could go up to 20% or something and of course those people shouldn't be driving. I agree with the laws because you can't make a law that only affects people who 'seem like they can drive.' My thought is if I'm caught I deserve the punishment, but I'm not going to get caught unless I'm pulled over for something I shouldn't be doing in the first place. It's just all about where you draw the line, I'm obviously much more liberal in where I draw that line than you are.

InvisibleReefaCheefa
Gimme Reefer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Florida
Re: driving on acid [Re: krypto2000]
    #9081339 - 10/15/08 01:00 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

krypto2000 said:
Quote:

ReefaCheefa said:
Uhh, because your mind is infact _impaired_. You don't make judgments like you would sober, allowing for a lot more "accidental decisions" resulting in accidents. People lose their lives in accidents every day if you haven't noticed. We dont need 1 more impaired idiot on the road thinking they are fine enough to drive.

I don't think you're wrong here, your point is entirely valid and I never meant to say it wasn't. I just believe that you're blowing your point (or my point) way out of proportion. I'm sure I am more impaired while high than not. Lets say when I'm sober there's a .005% chance I'd cause an accident. After I get high that number goes up to .01%. That's still pretty insignificant in my mind, more than enough so that I disregard it and go drive anyways. For some they're level of impairment could go up to 20% or something and of course those people shouldn't be driving. I agree with the laws because you can't make a law that only affects people who 'seem like they can drive.' My thought is if I'm caught I deserve the punishment, but I'm not going to get caught unless I'm pulled over for something I shouldn't be doing in the first place. It's just all about where you draw the line, I'm obviously much more liberal in where I draw that line than you are.

You are naive to try and say that your percentage of an accident only increases slightly even a little under the influence...that is your problem.

Offlinekrypto2000
Unknown

#9081348 - 10/15/08 01:03 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

You are naive to think you know what it's like to be me.

Offlinedjblackout
supreme scratch masta

Re: driving on acid [Re: Noteworthy]
    #9081364 - 10/15/08 01:05 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

:thumbdown:

driving tripping is dangerous.  If you dont believe me i can link you some pictures of my friends head and the mess it made on his winshield

--------------------
I am the fakest person on this site. I only pretend to grow and consume illegal mushrooms. I have no knowledge what so ever on any scheduled substance because I know and respect the governing law in the United States of America. All pictures and dialogue posted by me is entirley copyrighted from those who wish to knowingly ignore the laws. I only post these messages as a mere propaganda technique used to gain attention and admiration from others. Thank You

Offlinekrypto2000
Unknown

Re: driving on acid [Re: djblackout]
    #9081385 - 10/15/08 01:08 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Driving while sober is dangerous. If you don't believe me I can link you to some pictures of my friends head and the mess it made on his windshield.

Offlinesatyr
אתה בעצמך יודע

Loc: Alpha Canis Majoris
Re: driving on acid [Re: c0sm0nautt]
    #9081399 - 10/15/08 01:11 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

c0sm0nautt said:
Quote:

niteowl said:
You shouldn't drive under the influence of any mind altering drug.

PERIOD

yes, it can be irresponsible, although Im guilty of this myself.
I will never drive on acid again, due to the distortion of depth perception; not a good thing when driving.
Cannabis on the other hand, allows me to become a much better driver, by enhancing my senses and slight dilation of time.
Mescaline? whooooooaaaa

--------------------
Looking for Astrophytum asterias specimens; have cacti for trade :pm:

Offlinedjblackout
supreme scratch masta

Re: driving on acid [Re: satyr]
    #9081407 - 10/15/08 01:12 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

maybe your sober friend should wear a seatbelt.

--------------------
I am the fakest person on this site. I only pretend to grow and consume illegal mushrooms. I have no knowledge what so ever on any scheduled substance because I know and respect the governing law in the United States of America. All pictures and dialogue posted by me is entirley copyrighted from those who wish to knowingly ignore the laws. I only post these messages as a mere propaganda technique used to gain attention and admiration from others. Thank You

OfflineInnoculus
 User Gallery

Loc: 0.0.0.1
    #9081414 - 10/15/08 01:13 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Some hostilities around here, eh?  Basically... You drive when you have to.  If it's absolutely necessary that you get somewhere while you're on some amount of acid, it's up to the driver to make that judgment. I sure as fuck know when I shouldn't be driving.  But sometimes the goal outweighs the risk.  Especially if when I'm driving, the top speed limit is like.. 35mph.  If I hit something I'm gonna do it pretty slowly and stupidly.  Not a big concern.  I would say NEVER drive on the highway on acid.  That's not a good idea.

Offlinedjblackout
supreme scratch masta

Re: driving on acid [Re: Innoculus]
    #9081425 - 10/15/08 01:16 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

hahahhaha people always have choices.  ride the bus? call a friend? if u have the loot...taxi

--------------------

Offlinekrypto2000
Unknown

#9081460 - 10/15/08 01:21 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Just wanted to say I don't advocate driving on anything. Pot I generally don't care about if anyone does it cause most people I've ever met are fine to drive high. If it's something else I'll try and stop the person from doing so. I was mainly arguing for the sake of arguing here, I just felt that some people were blowing this out of proportion and felt I should defend driving under the influence (heh, never thought I'd say that).

ReefaCheefa, I'm sorry you think I'm an idiot, from your perspective I probably am though, I'm not going to try and defend that, but just wanted to say no hard feelings. I don't care if you disagree with me on this issue or not, I'm sure you're probably a cool guy though. I'd hope you'd give me the same benefit of a doubt despite my opinions on driving. Anyways, just didn't want to end this on a bad note, it seemed to get a little more emotional/personal than I had wanted and I hope nothing bad was taken from this. :heart: to all :mushroom2: :wink:

InvisibleReefaCheefa
Gimme Reefer
Male User Gallery

#9081469 - 10/15/08 01:22 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

krypto2000 said:
You are naive to think you know what it's like to be me.

From your beliefs and how you like to make yourself appear here at the shroomery, why would I or anyone else wanna try and feel what its like to be like you. I don't even know why I am typing, you're obviously an idiot.

OfflineInnoculus
 User Gallery

#9081484 - 10/15/08 01:24 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

... Well.. I think all that needs to be discussed has been discussed.  Trolling can stop now.  Lock thread, perhaps?

Offlinedjblackout
supreme scratch masta

#9081485 - 10/15/08 01:25 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

:mushroom2:

--------------------

InvisibleReefaCheefa
Gimme Reefer
Male User Gallery

#9081491 - 10/15/08 01:26 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I don't see any trolling going on at all. Are you sober or what? I see a lot of voiced opinions on this matter. Some just happen to be 100% dumber than others.

Offlinethe free thinker
salesman
Male User Gallery

Loc: twin cities
    #9081493 - 10/15/08 01:26 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

djblackout said:
hahahhaha people always have choices.  ride the bus? call a friend? if u have the loot...taxi

I don't know about others, but a lot of the time the very task of driving is a bigger thrill and rush of excitement than anything else in the equation.  I've driven when I "had" to, yeah, but I've also driven because I wanted to.  It may have been irresponsible and wreckless, but I did it, and had a great time.

In the future I would make attempts to avoid it, but I can not say that I will never drive again on a manageable (read: low) dose.

--------------------

Offlinekrypto2000
Unknown

#9081512 - 10/15/08 01:29 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

ReefaCheefa said:
I don't see any trolling going on at all. Are you sober or what? I see a lot of voiced opinions on this matter. Some just happen to be 100% dumber than others.

Well me and you spent a whole page talking about driving while high on pot. :vaped:

Offlinebomba88
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: strawberry fields
Re: driving on acid [Re: the free thinker]
    #9081528 - 10/15/08 01:31 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

i have driven twice on acid...once was 2 minute drive down one road at night.  I had eaten about 4 really weak tabs and split one really really strong tab and it had just started to kick in on top of the other stuff.  I never want to do that again...The lines on the road were moving everywhere and it seemed like there was hundreds of oncoming headlights.  The other time I at 2 bomb gel tabs and was peaking in the middle of the day.  That was not a problem because i didnt have to deal with headlights and the struggle to see the lines, if it was at night it would have been a comletely different story.

--------------------

Life is Good, but Dead is Better

OfflineInnoculus
 User Gallery

#9081529 - 10/15/08 01:32 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Well it seems to me like reefa and krypto both obviously have their own opinions and no amount of argument is going to change their ideas.  Not that this isn't a valid topic of discussion, as I've done it before, and don't think it's the WORST thing in the world, but I also consider myself a decent driver and I'm careful no matter what state of mind I'm in.  I can see both sides.  It's irresponsible but so are most of the things that people do on drugs.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules