Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinekrypto2000
Unknown

Re: driving on acid [Re: Noteworthy]
    #9080773 - 10/15/08 10:58 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Well I don't mean to say you should drive if you're tripping nuts and can't differentiate between colors or something, but most of my low-medium dose trips I'm very lucid and capable of doing pretty much anything I would sober. Most people can't tell I'm tripping unless they know me really well and then it's only because I act more happy and lively than normal. You should use your judgement before getting behind the wheel and I don't drive unless I have to, but I'm just saying that it shouldn't be a blanket statement of 'if you're tripping you're not capable of driving' anymore so than 'if you're over 60 you're not capable of driving.'

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: driving on acid [Re: krypto2000]
    #9080984 - 10/15/08 11:30 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

You shouldn't drive under the influence of any mind altering drug.

PERIOD

--------------------
Live for the moment you are in now
Don't be bogged down by your past
Don't be afraid of what lies in your future

OfflinePreparationH
apply daily

Loc: Amsterdam
Re: driving on acid [Re: Noteworthy]
    #9081069 - 10/15/08 11:45 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

o wow this made me remember back to when i was 17 i dropped acid and came home while my trip was winding down. my mother and her friend were drunk and her friend wanted a ride home and since i was "sober" i could drive. well i had my mom sitting next to me while i drove her and her friend back to his house and can say i drove fine.

OfflinePreparationH
apply daily

Re: driving on acid [Re: PreparationH]
    #9081080 - 10/15/08 11:48 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

i wouldn't do it again but meh young and dumb and knew i'd be fine. wouldn't go out and do it again though. unless it was to go pick up more acid. lol jk

OfflinePreparationH
apply daily

#9081084 - 10/15/08 11:49 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

also, id rather get in a car with my friends driving on a low dose acid trip then a groggy driver. that's dangerous.

OfflineInnoculus
 User Gallery

Loc: 0.0.0.1
    #9081132 - 10/15/08 12:03 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Lrn2editpost

InvisibleReefaCheefa
Gimme Reefer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Florida
Re: driving on acid [Re: Innoculus]
    #9081159 - 10/15/08 12:13 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Man you guys are seriously ill. Are you really stating you would rather drive with WHOEVER for WHATEVER reason whether or not he/she was under the influence of drugs? #1 I would take the keys from that driver and if we had to leave wherever we were, and no one was sober, have a fun walk. Seriously, you guys shouldn't even have licenses.

Offlinearpnuke
Always changing
 User Gallery

Re: driving on acid [Re: Innoculus]
    #9081166 - 10/15/08 12:15 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

No no no no no!  Sure, there is a threshold dose and a point where you can no longer drive on any substance.  Driving when the god damn road is distorting is a fucking awful idea.  I've only driven on acid on private property gravel roads and can't imagine the stress involved with public roads patrolled by the police.  Never driven drunk, so I can't say how it compares, but it certainly isn't good.

Driving high is doable, especially if it has been two hours after smoking.  Driving while impaired has some serious legal and life consequences that I do not want to incur, so I don't drive while altered.  Ugh, I hate hearing people brag about how they can drive while barred out, crunk, tripping, or whatever the fuck.

The only substances I'd consider driving safe on would be opiates (buzzed) or stimulants with nothing in addition.  Those don't seem to put you out of reality.  Our roads would be safer if everyone was alert on amphetamine.  It's the sleep deprivation and false sense of wakefulness that fucks lives up.

Offlinekrypto2000
Unknown

Re: driving on acid [Re: ReefaCheefa]
    #9081181 - 10/15/08 12:19 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

ReefaCheefa said:
Man you guys are seriously ill. Are you really stating you would rather drive with WHOEVER for WHATEVER reason whether or not he/she was under the influence of drugs? #1 I would take the keys from that driver and if we had to leave wherever we were, and no one was sober, have a fun walk. Seriously, you guys shouldn't even have licenses.

I don't think anyone here ever said they'd drive with whoever whenever and it doesn't matter what drugs their on.

I stated that I'd ride with a certain friend of mine if he were tripping on mushrooms if he thought he was good to drive. I've known this friend for awhile, I know how he acts and I know he can handle a mushroom trip and if he couldn't he would certainly not drive. I'd also trust myself to drive on most acid trips and on the comedown of a mushroom trip.

This is not to say I make a habit of driving, or my friends make a habit of driving, while tripping. I rarely have done it and I don't do it 'just cause for whatever reason.' My point is there are far worse, common, impairments that most people deem acceptable to drive under yet when you mention driving while tripping they freak out and are all 'oh noez! there's no possible way you can ever handle yourself behind a wheel cause your tripping!' I'd trust myself to drive way more while under the influence of lsd than I would if I'm even a little tired. I don't think that's an extreme viewpoint by any means.

edit: If I were to drive bad on acid if anything I'd probably just be overly cautious and scared to leave the driveway or something. I certainly can't see myself just flying down the road and running into people cause I don't notice or don't care. If I'm seeing stop signs melting or something, again, I would not be driving. I'm not talking about eating a 10 strip and going on a joy ride.

InvisibleReefaCheefa
Gimme Reefer
Male User Gallery

#9081195 - 10/15/08 12:25 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

I don't think anyone here ever said they'd drive with whoever whenever and it doesn't matter what drugs their on.

I stated that I'd ride with a certain friend of mine if he were tripping on mushrooms if he thought he was good to drive. I've known this friend for awhile, I know how he acts and I know he can handle a mushroom trip and if he couldn't he would certainly not drive. I'd also trust myself to drive on most acid trips and on the comedown of a mushroom trip.

This is not to say I make a habit of driving, or my friends make a habit of driving, while tripping. I rarely have done it and I don't do it 'just cause for whatever reason.' My point is there are far worse, common, impairments that most people deem acceptable to drive under yet when you mention driving while tripping they freak out and are all 'oh noez! there's no possible way you can ever handle yourself behind a wheel cause your tripping!' I'd trust myself to drive way more while under the influence of lsd than I would if I'm even a little tired. I don't think that's an extreme viewpoint by any means.

Dude, I get paranoid driving while I am high, and I have been smoking for about 6 years. The times I have driven high, I really thought I could handle it, but do you know how many lights I ran accidentally? Just because one thinks he can handle it, doesn't necessarily mean that he can. I am a pretty smart guy and I am a very good judge of my body and can tell when I can and can't do particular things. That being said, I wouldn't recommend driving while under the influence of ANY drug just because I know the POSSIBILITIES. When you decide to hop in your car, its not just you and your passenger's lives at risk, but many innocent people that don't have a say in whether you should be driving or not.

There is NO argument for it and no matter what you say, feel, do, or think, you will always be wrong.

Edited by ReefaCheefa (10/15/08 12:25 PM)

Invisibleplasma
ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ

#9081218 - 10/15/08 12:31 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I'm sure 95 percent of all people registered on this forum has driven while under the influence of some kind of drug whether it be lsd, shrooms, or even alcohol. For you to call us scumbags for admitting that we have driven under the influence of LSD when you yourself have driven under the influence of marijuana goes to show that you are a hypocrit. Driving on low doses of acid is just as dangerous as driving stoned. So you're a scumbag as well. Just had to clear things up. Thanks

Offlinekrypto2000
Unknown

#9081227 - 10/15/08 12:32 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Wrong is a relative term, it's obviously not 'wrong' in my eyes. It's just driving while tripping. Clearly you think it's wrong, and who am I to say you are 'wrong' in your beliefs? But you're not the decider of the universe anymore than anyone else is. There's no such thing as 'right' and 'wrong' in the grand scheme of things, it's up to the individual/the collective to decide. If you believe in god then you'll have a different take on this, and I can't continue this debate if you go there. I don't feel any less safe while driving high (on pot) so to me there is nothing 'wrong' with this.

I've driven while high way more times than I can count. Well into triple digits I'm sure. I've not once caused anyone, or myself, harm while doing so. I don't even speed or anything. I'm no less capable because I'm high, I'm just high. Just in case this needs to be clarified, I'm now talking about pot btw.

I'd be way more worried about people driving while eating, talking on the phone, doing makeup, or being drowsy than I would from many people (certainly not all people) driving high.

edit: or being old, asian, or a women. That is a deadly combo :wink:

InvisibleReefaCheefa
Gimme Reefer
Male User Gallery

Re: driving on acid [Re: plasma]
    #9081231 - 10/15/08 12:35 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

plasma said:
I'm sure 95 percent of all people registered on this forum has driven while under the influence of some kind of drug whether it be lsd, shrooms, or even alcohol. For you to call us scumbags for admitting that we have driven under the influence of LSD when you yourself have driven under the influence of marijuana goes to show that you are a hypocrit. Driving on low doses of acid is just as dangerous as driving stoned. So you're a scumbag as well. Just had to clear things up. Thanks

I never denied that I didn't feel like a scumbag for driving impaired. And im not calling out the people who have driven under the influence. I am reading thru this thread now and people are treating it like its not big deal and they would do it as often as they'd like. I just hope that they all injure themselves without involving anyone else in their accident(s) that are bound to happen.

Offlinekrypto2000
Unknown

#9081239 - 10/15/08 12:37 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Why would you ever hope anyone would injure themselves? They could just continue driving and be safe. The only thing bad that would happen with that is you might lose an argument, who cares. I don't think anyone said they'd just drive whenever they feel like it btw. I'm sure some people on this board would, but I think that's far from the general consensus in this topic.

edit: I don't think it's a big deal to drive while under the influence of anything as long as you seem capable of driving. I don't think it's a good idea, or that you should do it, but I'm not gonna freak out if I see or hear about someone doing it. I think the only people making this a big deal are the people who don't drive while under the influence of anything. Maybe this is a naive statement, but to those people: how would you know? That's like saying drugs are bad yet you've never tried any and just believe everything the media/school 'teaches' you. Well, not quite. I'm sure you can get high and imagine driving, but my point still stands.

InvisibleReefaCheefa
Gimme Reefer
Male User Gallery

#9081240 - 10/15/08 12:37 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

krypto2000 said:
Wrong is a relative term, it's obviously not 'wrong' in my eyes. It's just driving while tripping. Clearly you think it's wrong, and who am I to say you are 'wrong' in your beliefs? But you're not the decider of the universe anymore than anyone else is. There's no such thing as 'right' and 'wrong' in the grand scheme of things, it's up to the individual/the collective to decide. If you believe in god then you'll have a different take on this, and I can't continue this debate if you go there. I don't feel any less safe while driving high (on pot) so to me there is nothing 'wrong' with this.

I've driven while high way more times than I can count. Well into triple digits I'm sure. I've not once caused anyone, or myself, harm while doing so. I don't even speed or anything. I'm no less capable because I'm high, I'm just high. Just in case this needs to be clarified, I'm now talking about pot btw.

I'd be way more worried about people driving while eating, talking on the phone, doing makeup, or being drowsy than I would from many people (certainly not all people) driving high.

edit: or being old, asian, or a women. That is a deadly combo :wink:

Sorry for this, but you're a fucking idiot. I would like to hope that you are thinking about your family when you're talking like this. I guess you find it "right" to take people's lives, right?

InvisibleReefaCheefa
Gimme Reefer
Male User Gallery

#9081246 - 10/15/08 12:38 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

krypto2000 said:
Why would you ever hope anyone would injure themselves? They could just continue driving and be safe. The only thing bad that would happen with that is you might lose an argument, who cares. I don't think anyone said they'd just drive whenever they feel like it btw. I'm sure some people on this board would, but I think that's far from the general consensus in this topic.

If you're going into the mindset that its OKAY or "not wrong" to drive while impaired, you deserve to put yourself through what you're willing to put many others through.

Offlinekrypto2000
Unknown

#9081266 - 10/15/08 12:45 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I don't see what driving while high and killing people have to do with each other lol.

There's nothing wrong with driving while impaired in itself, it just depends on how impaired you are. It's significantly harder for me to drive with a sprained ankle than high, I'd know as I sprained it the other day, but I'm still fully capable of driving. I'm sure you'd too agree that a sprained ankle is probably still able to be driven on. I don't see this jump from driving while high, following all traffic laws, for all intents and purposed driving as I would sober to killing people. That just sounds like scare mongering to me.

InvisibleReefaCheefa
Gimme Reefer
Male User Gallery

#9081287 - 10/15/08 12:49 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

krypto2000 said:
I don't see what driving while high and killing people have to do with each other lol.

There's nothing wrong with driving while impaired in itself, it just depends on how impaired you are. It's significantly harder for me to drive with a sprained ankle than high, I'd know as I sprained it the other day, but I'm still fully capable of driving. I'm sure you'd too agree that a sprained ankle is probably still able to be driven on. I don't see this jump from driving while high, following all traffic laws, for all intents and purposed driving as I would sober to killing people. That just sounds like scare mongering to me.

Uhh, because your mind is infact _impaired_. You don't make judgments like you would sober, allowing for a lot more "accidental decisions" resulting in accidents. People lose their lives in accidents every day if you haven't noticed. We dont need 1 more impaired idiot on the road thinking they are fine enough to drive.

Offlinemushroomtip
Botanist
Male

Loc: The Concrete Jungles
    #9081291 - 10/15/08 12:49 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I've driven back from festivals many times while still tripping.

I honestly feel better driving on acid than I do on anything else. Including caffeine. One hit of acid and it's smooth sailing for 10 hours. With caffeine I get all tense and jittery and make a lot of mistakes.

You just gotta know your ability and not doubt yourself. If you get into the mind set that, "this is unsafe" you're probably gonna work yourself up and catch yourself in a hell of a loop.

--------------------
"Always aim at complete harmony of thought and word and deed. Always aim at purifying your thoughts and everything will be well." - Mahatma Gandhi

Seeds and cuttings for trade.

InvisibleReefaCheefa
Gimme Reefer
Male User Gallery

Re: driving on acid [Re: mushroomtip]
    #9081313 - 10/15/08 12:53 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I've come to the conclusion that pretty much almost everyone that has posted in this thread is an idiot and I am so surprised that no one feels as strongly as I do about this. I wish I could just laugh at all of your stupidity, but in reality this infuriates me.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies