Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5  [ show all ]
OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
Dolphins
    #907553 - 09/25/02 05:05 PM (19 years, 3 days ago)

The following is a website that has deeply stirred my heart chakra; I hope it has a similar effect on you.

Ethereal Sea

I invite "believers" and "skeptics" alike to discuss this information, or to share experiences you have had with dolphins.

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
InvisibleRevelation

User Gallery

Loc: heart cave
Re: Dolphins [Re: Adamist]
    #907648 - 09/25/02 05:54 PM (19 years, 3 days ago)

Beautiful, beautiful creatures. A couple of years ago I was able to see them up close. I was on holiday with my family in Tenerife and we ended up going on a boat trip specifically to see the dolphins. To see them like that really brings home how alive and conscious they are. I mean, generally we have this prejudice against animals that aren't human. We believe that only people are capable of expressing happiness or intelligence, but most importantly we believe that only people are worthy of respect. While we were looking at the dolphins somebody said "look at that one, he almost looks like he's smiling", and i'm thinking he looks like that because he IS smiling, you know?

--------------------

Offlinecrystalhuman
vapor

Loc: the great void
    #907671 - 09/25/02 06:05 PM (19 years, 3 days ago)

i heard on the Simpsons that they used to live on land...

--------------------
ANSWERS may be hazardous to your Uncertainty.
Danger! ANSWERS carry High Overdose Potential.
Remember: ANSWERS are the Thrill That Kills.

InvisibleIn(di)go
People of the sun.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cologne, Germany
    #907840 - 09/25/02 07:38 PM (19 years, 3 days ago)

*sigh* ...
i think dolphins and whales are protecting this planet with their sonar waves...
definitely cetaceans are some of the most beautiful living creatures...

--------------------

InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

Loc: there
    #907904 - 09/25/02 08:05 PM (19 years, 3 days ago)

The evolutionary history of dolphins is truly amazing. It makes me think of all the possibilities for human evolution.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #908038 - 09/25/02 09:02 PM (19 years, 3 days ago)

I invite "believers" and "skeptics" alike to discuss this information, or to share experiences you have had with dolphins.

I actually believe that dolphins exist.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension
Re: Dolphins [Re: Swami]
    #908046 - 09/25/02 09:08 PM (19 years, 3 days ago)

So you do believe aliens exist after all  :wink:

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Dolphins [Re: Shroomism]
    #908156 - 09/25/02 10:13 PM (19 years, 3 days ago)

Are dolphins, in fact, evolved far beyond the human mind and spirit, to be regarded as our spiritually advanced aquatic siblings?
No. Dolphins fight over mates just like all mammals.

Something very ancient stirred within me and I realized with every fiber of my being, I was finally home.
So did she remove her scuba gear now that she was home and start breathing underwater? No. Pure imagination.

People are enchanted by the very essence of the spirit of the dolphin, their joyous leaps...
We have no way of knowing that their leaps are joyous. Do flying fish have leaps of joy?

and loving trust, the graceful movement of the pod, their unsurpassed intelligence and ancient wisdom.
This is very nice as poetry, but there is no basis in actual fact. What artifact of ancient dolphin wisdom do we have? None!

They exist in a state of bliss and emotional warmth, their pods composed of a complex social web of beings interacting harmoniously, in the peace that we only dream of attaining.
More fantasy conjecture...

Particularly worthy of attention is the effect that dolphin encounters have on ...depression. Horace Dobbs, author of several books on the subject of dolphin healing, has described his experiences with ... chronically depressed Bill Bowell, both of whose encounters with wild dolphins have resulted in miraculous advances? out of their dark clouds into the sunlight that the dolphins have offered them.
An anecodte of one depressed person is hardly indicative of anything. A depressed person out of the house, not working, in a beautiful tropical environment with sun and sea - that had NOTHING to do with releasing him from his depression?!

Some have suggested that echolocation, sonar, used by dolphins produces the effect of repairing damaged cells,
And these "some" would be be jumping the gun. It would be easy enough to test this hypothesis, but none will as that would ruin the mystique.

...healing their ailments or aiding the repair of damaged tissue. The vibration of the sound waves emitted by dolphins elicits a healing effect
With their miraculous healing powers you would might expect an extraordianry lifespan. Nope, roughly 45-50 years.

Dr. Horace Dobbs of International Dolphin Watch and Operation Sunflower states, "We didn't invent radio waves or television waves. "
Wrong. We did not invent electromagnetic waves, but using them as a carrier for information certainly is an invention. Did this guy go to school at K-Mart U?

I wouldn't be surprised if they've acquired an ability to manipulate waves which at present we do not experience."?
Your level of surprise, "Doctor" holds no scientific weight.

It is vital to recognize the cruelty involved in the captivity of cetaceans, whether for purposes of research or novelty, as in such amusement parks as Sea World.
"Loving" cetaceans such as killer whales, feed on other "loving" cetaceans, such as dolphins. No cruelty there. Yup, just one big love-in.

--------------------

InvisiblethePatient
Criminal Bodhisattva
Male User Gallery

Loc: Indiana
    #908177 - 09/25/02 10:21 PM (19 years, 3 days ago)

I actually believe that dolphins exist.

WOW!!!!! How did you come to THAT conclusion?!?!    :shocked: 

--------------------
T h e r e  a r e  n o  o r d i n a r y  m o m e n t s.

OfflineViBrAnT
WaRpInG &sPiRaLiNg
    #908179 - 09/25/02 10:21 PM (19 years, 3 days ago)

dont mind swami, what if everyone agreed with what you were saying, that is enough said.

--------------------
" liken this life illusory, for your sand castle will one day be adrift amongst the wind "

InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

#908184 - 09/25/02 10:24 PM (19 years, 3 days ago)

Dolphins can probably see right through you - literally.

They have powerful penetrating sonars. To them we would seem like translucent beings from above.

You could dismiss their uniqueness, but if you've ever been near one, you can't deny that they have a very powerful, almost spiritual "presence".

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

#908198 - 09/25/02 10:30 PM (19 years, 3 days ago)

I'm going to make myself vulnerable here and share an experience I had a few months ago when I went on vacation to a beach in south Florida...

I was swimming in the ocean, letting the waves carry me, letting my mind relax into the large body of water, I let it engulf me... After a short period of intense meditative calm, I felt and heard extremely fast, short "clicking" sounds. I could only hear them when the back of my head was underneath the water, and I could feel these sounds vibrating around the back of my skull, where the bump is. It was so abrupt that it kind of freaked me out, so I immediately ran out of the ocean and onto the sand. A few moments later, I saw people pointing outwards towards the ocean, and as I looked I viewed a large pod of dolphins, about 30-50 feet from shore. I was struck with awe and felt my heart overwhelm with emotion, reaching out to connect with the dolphins. Later that night I got back into the water to see if I would hear the noises again, but to no avail. The next day, however, the experience repeated itself, but this time I did not see any dolphins.

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Dolphins [Re: infidelGOD]
    #908211 - 09/25/02 10:33 PM (19 years, 3 days ago)

You could dismiss their uniqueness, but if you've ever been near one, you can't deny that they have a very powerful, almost spiritual "presence".

I have been close. Naturally a 400 pound animal has a powerful presence. Go visit a 1200 pound Kodaik bear and tell me he doesn't have an even powerful presence. Your key word is "almost".

With a larger brain than most animals, they are certainly more intelligent. I was unaware the size of the brain was equal to greater spirituality. If that is true, then with my cranial capacity, I must be god-like! :grin:

--------------------

InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

#908212 - 09/25/02 10:33 PM (19 years, 3 days ago)

Dolphins are known to emit loud "clicks" to stun fish ... and eat them.

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

#908228 - 09/25/02 10:36 PM (19 years, 3 days ago)

I know, but my ears weren't underwater...

--------------------

InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

#908240 - 09/25/02 10:41 PM (19 years, 3 days ago)

Size isn't all there is to it. Some animals just connect with humans.

Consider a dog or wolf. They are relatively small animals yet they have some kind of connection to human beings that other animals don't. I think a 20 pound dog can have more of a presence than a 500 pound moose.

And a 300 pound dolphin swimming deftly through shallow water reminds me of a playful child. Dolphins have a lot of personality. They may have a language that we don't yet understand. They are certainly more than just big aquatic mammals. They may very well be sentient beings.

InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

#908244 - 09/25/02 10:45 PM (19 years, 3 days ago)

Your ears don't have to be underwater. If any part of your skull was underwater, you would certainly hear the clicks.

They might have been trying to communicate with you. I don't know.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#908258 - 09/25/02 10:50 PM (19 years, 3 days ago)

Aren't all animals sentient, just to varying degrees?

Isn't somewhat arrogant to assume that because one creature connects to a human or vice versa, that the animal is more spiritual? Maybe highly spiritual animals do not connect very well at all with humans.

--------------------

InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

#908282 - 09/25/02 10:58 PM (19 years, 3 days ago)

Aren't all animals sentient, just to varying degrees?

Well yes, but that smears the definition of "sentient" to varying degrees. If I had to draw a line between sentient and non-sentient animals, I would say that some whales, higher primates, and some other mammals are sentient. I would also say that certain INDIVIDUAL dolphins are sentient, while others are not, just like certain individual human beings are sentient, while most are not.

I'm using the simple definition:
Sentient: aware of self.

Isn't somewhat arrogant to assume that because one creature connects to a human or vice versa, that the animal is more spiritual? Maybe highly spiritual animals do not connect very well at all with humans.

I'm not talking about some universal spirituality. As I've said, I think dolphins connect with humans. Ferrets could be ultimately closer to God however, I don't know. I could only relate to human spirituality.

InvisiblethePatient
Criminal Bodhisattva
Male User Gallery

#908289 - 09/25/02 11:00 PM (19 years, 3 days ago)

In reply to:

Isn't somewhat arrogant

I've seen many acts of arrogance from you swami.
For example, "...the Great Swami!" & "I must be god-like!"

trust me, there are more...

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Dolphins [Re: thePatient]
    #908323 - 09/25/02 11:17 PM (19 years, 3 days ago)

I've seen many acts of arrogance from you swami.
Whether true or false has no bearing on whether the statement that only animals that connect to humans can be considered spiritual is arrogant now does it? Direct answer please.

For example, "...the Great Swami!"
Should I denigrate myself? The Weak, Pathetic Swami sounds better?

& "I must be god-like!"
I am sorry that you have a reading comprehension problem. The statement was:

I was unaware the size of the brain was equal to greater spirituality. If that is true, then with my cranial capacity, I must be god-like!

I did not say that I was god-like. Someone made the assumption that large brain size equals greater spirituality. I have a large head and hat size. As my brain doesn't splash from side to side when I walk, and based on anatomy texts, I assume that my brain actually fills the cranium.

So if the poster's assumption was true, then ipso facto, I am more spiritual than the average bear. However, I do not believe that statement to be true, therefore I do NOT consider myself almost god-like.

Is this really difficult?

This was an experiment to DEMONSTRATE to people how one sees what one wants to see, even though it is not there. (Just like telepathy!)

Thank you for participating.

--------------------

Edited by Swami (09/26/02 12:57 AM)

InvisiblethePatient
Criminal Bodhisattva
Male User Gallery

#908342 - 09/25/02 11:28 PM (19 years, 3 days ago)

In reply to:

Should I denigrate myself? The Weak, Pathetic Swami sounds better?

You understoof fully what was meant from my statement. I will quote you on this one "You are being contrarian, just to be contrarian"

In reply to:

I am sorry that you have a reading comprehension problem.

I apologize. I mis-interpretted. I can admit when i am wrong. Can you? I predict you'll say "I'm never wrong"

In reply to:

This was an experiment to DEMONSTRATE to people how one sees what one wants to see, even though it is not there. (Just like telepathy!)

Thank you for participating.

Are you implying that you said "I must be god-like" because you knew someone would comment on it? Or am i mis-interpretting your words again. If so, forgive me.

--------------------

Anonymous

#908577 - 09/26/02 12:53 AM (19 years, 3 days ago)

A. Humans are the only sentient (self-aware as in obtaining consciousness) beings on this planet.

B. I love Dolphins, especially in tuna.

C. Swami is on a roll but it looks like a hot cross bun.

D. All of the above.

E. Cheers

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Re: Dolphins [Re: ]
    #908588 - 09/26/02 12:56 AM (19 years, 3 days ago)

A. Humans are the only sentient (self-aware as in obtaining consciousness) beings on this planet.

How can you be sure?  :crazy: 

--------------------

Anonymous

#908608 - 09/26/02 01:02 AM (19 years, 3 days ago)

I have done the requisite philosophical research.

My 'beliefs' (ew I hate that word) can be summed up in three parts.

1. The universe exists independently of my mind.

I have already explained that in the Truth thread.

2. Mankind is the only sentient being.

Yet to be explained. And the explanation is just as long as the Truth thread.

3. There is philosophical evidence for the existence of God.

Another explanation that cannot be summed up in a few pithy replies as we are wont to do here in this forum.

Dog Ciao,

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#908612 - 09/26/02 01:05 AM (19 years, 3 days ago)

Can you? I predict you'll say "I'm never wrong"
Please point out the error. I am more into real-world rather than hypotheticals.

Are you implying that you said "I must be god-like" because you knew someone would comment on it?
I knew someone would comment because I understand many of the mind-sets that post here. This is called observation. I don't take it as prescient. God-like would be to entertain some sort of supernatural powers which I do not ascribe to.

--------------------

Edited by Swami (09/26/02 01:23 AM)

InvisiblethePatient
Criminal Bodhisattva
Male User Gallery

#908617 - 09/26/02 01:06 AM (19 years, 3 days ago)

In reply to:

3. There is philosophical evidence for the existence of God.

I'd really like to hear what you have to say!

--------------------

InvisiblethePatient
Criminal Bodhisattva
Male User Gallery

#908629 - 09/26/02 01:10 AM (19 years, 3 days ago)

In reply to:

Please point out the error. I am more into real-world rather than hypotheticals.

Are you suggesting that you've never posted anything incorrect, or "wrong"? You've never been mistaken?

--------------------

Anonymous

#908635 - 09/26/02 01:12 AM (19 years, 3 days ago)

In dew time. :wink:

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

#908647 - 09/26/02 01:15 AM (19 years, 3 days ago)

Yet to be explained. And the explanation is just as long as the Truth thread.

*puts on his truth-hunting boots.*

Ew, their still sticky from last time...  :frown: 

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#908672 - 09/26/02 01:25 AM (19 years, 3 days ago)

Are you suggesting that you've never posted anything incorrect, or "wrong"? You've never been mistaken?

I suggested nothing. Please point out the error then you will know unequivocably if I am capable of admitting such a thing.

--------------------

InvisiblethePatient
Criminal Bodhisattva
Male User Gallery

#908693 - 09/26/02 01:31 AM (19 years, 3 days ago)

In reply to:

I suggested nothing. Please point out the error then you will know unequivocably if I am capable of admitting such a thing.

I'll admit i have no error of yours in mind. Though i try all the time to point out what i think are errors in your logic. You think the contrary, that there are no errors. But does that mean your logic is always correct, because i cannot fully convince you of it being wrong?

--------------------

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #908701 - 09/26/02 01:34 AM (19 years, 3 days ago)

Brain size is surely relevant to intelligence, as well as the number of neurons. But I don't think the size of your brain has much to do with spirituality.
Not only are dolphins brains larger than humans, they also more neurons..and the cerebral cortex has folds in a degree exceeding the human cortex. Technically this could mean the dolphin is intellectually superior to humans. It has been suggested that the reason dolphins always seem to be grinning is that they understand our language and are patiently waiting for us to learn theirs.

Dolphins have never in all our history been known to attack man -- even when man tries to make him. The dolphin will resist even until his death. This alone leads me to believe that there is something superior in dolphins than in any other creature.........including man. C.S. Lewis, in Perelandra (book two of his space trilogy), wrote about a planet where God had created two intelligent species....one that walked on the ground and one that swam in the oceans. What if.......

--------------------

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #908708 - 09/26/02 01:38 AM (19 years, 3 days ago)

and loving trust, the graceful movement of the pod, their unsurpassed intelligence and ancient wisdom.
This is very nice as poetry, but there is no basis in actual fact. What artifact of ancient dolphin wisdom do we have? None!

Dolphins have no prehensile extremities... hence their intelligence has never gone in the direction of manipulating their environment... their thoughts have been left to develop inward. Hence their culture would be totally different from ours. But I do think that there is a large possibility that dolphins have an intelligence at least equal to ours even if it is in another direction.

--------------------

Edited by Shroomism (09/26/02 01:38 AM)

Anonymous

#908711 - 09/26/02 01:38 AM (19 years, 3 days ago)

To a degree. Some qualified idiots have larger than average craniums.

My favorite trilogy. Have you read it or all of it?

Nice to see you btw.

Cheers,

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#908742 - 09/26/02 01:48 AM (19 years, 3 days ago)

Brain size is surely relevant to intelligence, as well as the number of neurons. But I don't think the size of your brain has much to do with spirituality.
Neither do I.

It has been suggested that the reason dolphins always seem to be grinning is that they understand our language and are patiently waiting for us to learn theirs.
This is TOTAL B.S. Dolphins have no facial muscles with which to make expressions.

Dolphins have never in all our history been known to attack man -- even when man tries to make him.
It may be rare, but men have been bitten by dolphins and whales. This is not just anecdote. There is film of a woman being pulled down deep until she almost drowned.

...one that walked on the ground and one that swam in the oceans.
I swami in the ocean...

--------------------

Edited by Swami (09/26/02 01:49 AM)

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #908949 - 09/26/02 02:59 AM (19 years, 3 days ago)

This is TOTAL B.S. Dolphins have no facial muscles with which to make expressions.
In reply to:

It has been suggested that the reason dolphins always SEEM to be grinning is that they understand our language and are patiently waiting for us to learn theirs.

--------------------

Invisibledeep_umbra
Stranger
    #909144 - 09/26/02 05:39 AM (19 years, 2 days ago)

i bet someones under the water tickling it

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
Re: Dolphins [Re: deep_umbra]
    #909256 - 09/26/02 07:55 AM (19 years, 2 days ago)

i bet someones under the water tickling it

I bet not.... hehehe

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

OfflineCleverName
the cloudsshould know meby now...

Loc: red earth painted with mi...
Re: Dolphins [Re: Sclorch]
    #909466 - 09/26/02 12:39 PM (19 years, 2 days ago)

im gonna spew.. :crazy: 

--------------------
if you can't find the truth right where you are, where else do you expect to find it?

this is the purpose

InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

#910024 - 09/26/02 03:59 PM (19 years, 2 days ago)

this could mean the dolphin is intellectually superior to humans

Perhaps.

But a dolphin's world has a floor and a ceiling.

We have no ceiling.

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
    #910048 - 09/26/02 04:08 PM (19 years, 2 days ago)

Then why do we need pressurized suits in space?

--------------------

InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

#910068 - 09/26/02 04:15 PM (19 years, 2 days ago)

There is nothing standing between us and the heavens.

It's safe to say that dolphins would never naturally evolve to be spacefarers

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

#910730 - 09/26/02 10:19 PM (19 years, 2 days ago)

How do you know they havent been to space and back and prefer the oceans juts cuz theyre so "damn cool".  ?  :tongue:

dolphin sex.. wtf??? heh

Anonymous

#911108 - 09/27/02 12:48 AM (19 years, 2 days ago)

Yeah, it took a while to get to your link.

I didn't find the subject funny although your using it in the way you did was.

Zoophiles are sick people, period.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#911129 - 09/27/02 01:00 AM (19 years, 2 days ago)

It's safe to say that dolphins would never naturally evolve to be spacefarers

But with one MIGHTY leap, they might be able to break free of earth's gravity.

--------------------

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #911144 - 09/27/02 01:11 AM (19 years, 2 days ago)

I bet dolphins have been in space more times than most Earth humans.

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#911152 - 09/27/02 01:13 AM (19 years, 2 days ago)

*Whips out checkbook.* How much this time? I will go $5,000.

--------------------

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #911154 - 09/27/02 01:15 AM (19 years, 2 days ago)

And how exactly do you want to prove it?
Are you going to go to Sirius B and take a survey or should I?

--------------------

Anonymous

#911161 - 09/27/02 01:21 AM (19 years, 2 days ago)

Get Sirius. :wink:

Cheers, 

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#911166 - 09/27/02 01:23 AM (19 years, 2 days ago)

That would be applicable to posts about dogs, don't think there is a dolphin-star.

--------------------

Anonymous

#911171 - 09/27/02 01:25 AM (19 years, 2 days ago)

What about Flipper?

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #911183 - 09/27/02 01:31 AM (19 years, 2 days ago)

Remember the Dogon tribe? According to their legend dolphins came from the sky and gave them extensive knowledge of their home planet. They knew the whereabouts and existance of Sirius B hundreds of years before modern scientists ever discovered it.

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#911197 - 09/27/02 01:36 AM (19 years, 2 days ago)

So much extensive knowledge that when Europeans discovered the Doggone tribe (also known as the Dagnabbits), they were found to be even less technologically advanced than nearby tribes.

--------------------

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #911211 - 09/27/02 01:40 AM (19 years, 2 days ago)

So they had less technology and extensive knowledge of a yet undiscovered star..hmm...

--------------------

InvisibleLallafa
p_g monocle
 User Gallery

Loc: underbelly
    #911309 - 09/27/02 02:18 AM (19 years, 2 days ago)

--------------------
my tax dollars going to more hits of acid for charles manson

Edited by Lallafa (09/27/02 03:39 PM)

InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

#911496 - 09/27/02 04:47 AM (19 years, 2 days ago)

Zoophiles are sick people, period.

True, but dolphins probably consider it bestiality to have sex with humans  :grin:

...and do your job and delete that pic please.

InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

#911507 - 09/27/02 04:53 AM (19 years, 2 days ago)

According to their legend dolphins came from the sky and gave them extensive knowledge of their home planet

Why do so many ludicrous theories start with "well, there this tribe in Africa that believes...."

I got nothing against tribes in Africa but they should be your last source of information. Who are you gonna believe, the Dogon tribe or the fossil record?

I think dolphins are amazing creatures in their own right. As with so many things, there is no need for embellishment.

btw, the Sirius myth has been debunked.

InvisibleIn(di)go
People of the sun.
Male User Gallery

#911617 - 09/27/02 06:31 AM (19 years, 1 day ago)

to be honest, i would believe the dogon tribe 10 times before recurring to fossil records  :grin:

--------------------

Anonymous

#911758 - 09/27/02 09:25 AM (19 years, 1 day ago)

I let Shroomism handle the dolphins. :wink:

I don't want my fingers to get all sticky and stuff.

Cheers, 

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #912424 - 09/27/02 04:02 PM (19 years, 1 day ago)

So much extensive knowledge that when Europeans discovered the Doggone tribe (also known as the Dagnabbits), they were found to be even less technologically advanced than nearby tribes.

The same technological knowledge that has reduced mankind to the sorry state he is in today? A world on the brink of environmental collapse and the greatest period of mass extinction since the dinosaurs?

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Dolphins [Re: Xlea321]
    #912736 - 09/27/02 06:09 PM (19 years, 1 day ago)

The same technological knowledge that has reduced mankind to the sorry state he is in today?

Just turn off your computer if you don't like it. :smile:

A world on the brink of environmental collapse

The sky is falling!  The sky is falling!

and the greatest period of mass extinction since the dinosaurs?

This isn't true... the rate of extinction isn't nearly as high as it has been in the past.  There is no MASS extinction going on.  There may be an higher-than-it-has-been-in-the-past-1,000-years rate of extinction, but it's really not THAT significant on a larger timescale.  If you want to argue this further... take a class on evolution and argue with your professor (it couldn't hurt- hey, maybe you have some good points, right?). 

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#912755 - 09/27/02 06:17 PM (19 years, 1 day ago)

The same technological knowledge that has reduced mankind to the sorry state he is in today?

Good to see you back Alex.

The question was not about the ethics of technology. (Which would be good for a new thread.) But was about the existence of technology in a rural African tribe.

No there was no technological knowledge imparted because there was no visit from star-people.

--------------------

Edited by Swami (09/27/02 06:22 PM)

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #912773 - 09/27/02 06:21 PM (19 years, 1 day ago)

They never claimed to have had technology imparted to them, rather, knowledge of celestial bodies.

So is technology more important than knowledge of distant stars? And...who is to determine this?

I think the fact that they had less technology than surrounding tribes, and knowledge of an undiscovered star..gives them more credibility.

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#912774 - 09/27/02 06:21 PM (19 years, 1 day ago)

Just turn off your computer if you don't like it.

My Dear Schlorch,

You know much better than this. To be a member of the popular S&P clique, you must decry technology while relying on it; and at the same time espouse paranormal powers while being unable to rely on them.

Yes, renounce science and rationality, embrace fantasy and pop mythology, and you too, can join the brotherhood.

Namaste.

--------------------

Edited by Swami (09/27/02 06:22 PM)

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #912779 - 09/27/02 06:23 PM (19 years, 1 day ago)

There is no MASS extinction going on.

Phew, that's a relief. Lets all go back to watching american gladiators. Sclorch says everything is ok  :smile:

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
    #912784 - 09/27/02 06:25 PM (19 years, 1 day ago)

Now I get it... it all makes so much sense now...

I AM GOD!

I wish I could have realized it sooner.
Thanks Swami.

--------------------

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #912786 - 09/27/02 06:25 PM (19 years, 1 day ago)

Yes, renounce science and rationality

It isn't a case of renouncing anything, it's a case of finding something that will enable human survival for the next million years. We need to open our minds to other ways of life and other belief systems if we are to survive.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
    #912788 - 09/27/02 06:27 PM (19 years, 1 day ago)

Is that show still on?? *getting excited*

Zap was my favorite.

--------------------

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #912802 - 09/27/02 06:29 PM (19 years, 1 day ago)

They should make a hit series based on the characters of Swami, Alex, Shroomism, and Sclorch.

--------------------

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #912815 - 09/27/02 06:33 PM (19 years, 1 day ago)

Just think of the controversy! The ratings!

We could even have guest appearances by Adamist

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#912841 - 09/27/02 06:39 PM (19 years, 1 day ago)

And it would have a cool acronym and Isaac Hayes theme song:

And who are the cats that won't cop out,
When there's logic all about?
S.A.S.S. !

Damn right!
(Watch your mouth!)
But I'm taking 'bout S.A.S.S.

Riiiight on.

--------------------

InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

#912872 - 09/27/02 06:53 PM (19 years, 1 day ago)

it's a case of finding something that will enable human survival for the next million years

Have you considered that science and rationality would be the very thing that would ensure our long-term survival?

I agree that we should open our minds to other ways of life, but we shouldn't be so quick to reject science just because we have failed to use it responsibly.

Invisibledee_N_ae
\/\/¡†¢h |-|øµ§³ ¢å†
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Shadow of Neptune
    #912890 - 09/27/02 07:01 PM (19 years, 1 day ago)

What about Flipper?
still LMAO from that one... you cheeky greek.  :smirk: 

OfflineLordMorham
High Lord @Revelstone
Loc: Revelstone
    #914958 - 09/28/02 03:51 PM (19 years, 13 hours ago)

In reply to:

Brain size is surely relevant to intelligence

NO. A bottlenose dolphin's brain weighs about five pounds. The human brain averages three pounds. Yet, it is important to remember that brain size usually increases with body size. For example, an elephant's size brain weighs about 11 pounds, yet elephants aren't thought to be smarter than humans.
Well maybe Democrats

--------------------
"Stone and Sea" - Saltheart

Edited by LordMorham (09/28/02 03:53 PM)

Anonymous

#914969 - 09/28/02 03:55 PM (19 years, 13 hours ago)

Hi Alex! :smile:

Nice to see you.  I'm a moderator now here in S&P.

Ain't it great?

Care to test me, silly boy? :tongue:

Cheers, 

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #915151 - 09/28/02 05:22 PM (19 years, 12 hours ago)

And still as open minded as ever i see  :grin:

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Anonymous

#915491 - 09/28/02 07:57 PM (19 years, 9 hours ago)

I am always open to ideas that make sense.  I just don't believe nonsense whatever the source. :wink:

Come back and visit when you have less time. :wink:

Cheers, 

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#916079 - 09/29/02 01:19 AM (19 years, 4 hours ago)

They never claimed to have had technology imparted to them, rather, knowledge of celestial bodies.

Which would be really USEFUL to a tribe that had no need of navigation, nor possibility of interstellar travel. Knowing Sirius had a second (or third) star really helped them in their hunting, foraging and in warfare against other tribes.

--------------------

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #916466 - 09/29/02 08:26 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Come back and visit when you have less time.

Whatever man. Your behaviour doesn't make me angry, just sad. The post about being a moderater is by far the most desperately sad post I've ever seen at the shroomery. If being a moderator is the biggest thing you've got going in your life then god bless you. You need more help than any of us can give you. Is your ego really so frail that you need to make such posts?

I truly hope that one day you find some peace in your life. Take care of yourself.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Anonymous

#916789 - 09/29/02 02:33 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

The wink at the end of my comments was to indicate I was teasing you and hoping for some meaningful dialogue. I can see you aren't able to do that yet.

Most of your posts are attempts to bring others down to your level. I do not, as a rule, participate in that.

Don't be sad Alex at what you cannot possibly fathom. You'll upset yourself needlessly.

Cheers,

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
    #917261 - 09/29/02 06:50 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

What I'm not seeing here is meaningful talk about all of our sexual experiences with dolphins.

THAT saddens me. :frown: 

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#917287 - 09/29/02 06:56 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

If being a moderator is the biggest thing you've got going in your life then god bless you. You need more help than any of us can give you.

Should he not take pride that he was chosen above all others; even including your beloved Swami?

--------------------

InvisibleIn(di)go
People of the sun.
Male User Gallery

#917455 - 09/29/02 08:07 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

In reply to:

We could even have guest appearances by Adamist

and albino_jesus!

--------------------

Anonymous

#917502 - 09/29/02 08:19 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I do not share my intimate moments with my fellow creatures in a public forum.

I'll pm you.

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
    #918494 - 09/30/02 03:00 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I'm waiting...

hehehe

--------------------

Anonymous

#918506 - 09/30/02 03:04 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom