Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMHbound
Ballin Out At All Cost
Male

Loc: Under The Rainbow
Re: jars wont colonize anymore [Re: lipa]
    #9076550 - 10/14/08 03:05 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Stick them above the fridge...It's a nice warm spot without using an incubator if you live in cold climate.

Also, it sounds like your syringe may be bad...No growth at all??? In 0 jars...I would get some new syringes.

Pressure cook your jars for 90 minutes, and if you still don't get any growth then your syringes aren't right.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinesumo
Stranger

Re: jars wont colonize anymore [Re: sumo]
    #9076611 - 10/14/08 03:20 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

So the PF tek at http://www.shroomery.org/8409/PF-Tek
says:
Maximum fruiting formula:
1/4 cup of brown rice powder
1/2 cup of vermiculite
60 cc's water

That is the same as 1 part BRF , 1 part water , and 2 part Verm.
Is that correct?? Is my math wrong?

Why do I need a PC??  I never used it the first few times and I had great results. Unfortunatly a PC is not in the near future. I use a tall stainless steel pot. The jars are elevated out of the water. i steam them for 1.5 hours. If not using a PC was the problem, then I would get contaminates, right? I dont get anything to grow. I cant even get a contaminate to grow, that is another reason I thought I might be over sterilizing.

I do have jars over the fridge also in addition to the closet. Not enough room in any one area for 5 cases. I dont want to stack the cases because I am worried about gas exchange.

How long should I give the jars to show the START of myc growth??
On my succesfull atttempts , I always saw growth in 2 to 4 days.
So if I wait 2 weeks and see NO growth then its not going to do anything ,right?

Invisibleseven
Male

Loc: north carolina
    #9076634 - 10/14/08 03:27 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

give em two weeks.

--------------------
grind

Invisibleseven
Male

#9076641 - 10/14/08 03:28 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

give em two weeks. if nothing happens most people start over.

--------------------
grind

Offlinesumo
Stranger

Re: jars wont colonize anymore [Re: MHbound]
    #9076642 - 10/14/08 03:28 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

MHbound said:
Stick them above the fridge...It's a nice warm spot without using an incubator if you live in cold climate.

Also, it sounds like your syringe may be bad...No growth at all??? In 0 jars...I would get some new syringes.

Pressure cook your jars for 90 minutes, and if you still don't get any growth then your syringes aren't right.

What might be wrong with the syringe that would cause no growth?
I am not arguing, I am just wondering. Syringes are easy to get in my area, I could go get some. The wost thing about them is the needles are too short and to get needles long enough I have to buy a big bulk  of them for 20 bucks, I know that dont sound like much, but at this time it is for me. The cost of the syringes is cheap , but the needles are high.

BTW: I flame sterilize my needles witha lighter and cool it on an alcohol cloth. To re-use my syringes I pull alcohol into them , shake , and push it out into the needle cap, that way the cap gets clean too. Then i boil distilled water and triple rinse the syringe with the boiling water. The I do it a fourth time and let it cool to room temp. I keep the spore syringe for 1 or 2 days to let them hydrate before using them. Mabe the alcohol rinse is unnessisary?

Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: UK Flag
    #9076649 - 10/14/08 03:30 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Just relised that you said you mixed your dry ingredients first. Its better to get the vermiculite to feild capicity first (if you get it too wet just add more dry verm) then evenly mix in the flour.

This helps evenly coat the vermiculite with rice. If  you add the water last, the brf tends to clump together at the bottom of the bowl and is hard to get easily mixed vith the verm.

--------------------

PF TEK - writeup by EvilMushroom666
Lets Grow Mushrooms - RogerRabbit & RoadKills website with sample videos plus the full PF TEK video series. Alot of great information - BUY THE DVD
Cakes can and will pin! - So you think cakes suck for pins. Your wrong
Franks Simple Coir/Verm Tek
Franks Proper Pasturisation Tek
Franks Spawning To Bulk - Monotub
Professor Pinheads RTV Injection Port Tek
Foo Mans No Soak WBS Prep Tek

Offlinesumo
Stranger

#9076666 - 10/14/08 03:35 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

lipa said:
God I hate lysol!!

Try this next time.

Sterilize your substrates and add a shot glass wrapped in foil, a jar of water,  your syringe opened all the way  with foil around it, and whatever you are going to scrape the spores with in a piece of foil.

While the pressure cooker is cooking wipe the inside of your glove box down with alcohol and make sure the holes are covered. Keep the room clear of anything that is moving including you and let the air settle.

When you are done and the pressure cooker is cool  enough to open and the pressure has dropped go inside the room and gently open the cooker and place the contents into you box. allow the substrate to cool.

Set everything but the syringe the spores and your shot glass aside and cock the spore print open but not open to expose it. Just enough to make it easy to open with one hand. loosen up the foil on top of the glass and grab your scalpel.

Take the spore print and open the glass up slowly and scrape some spores into it. Close the glass back with the foil and grab your jar of water. plunge your syringe into the water slowly and draw up water till it is full.

Take the syringe and gently squirt the water into the glass of spores and redraw. Expel the fluid and redraw a few times to help break up the spores.

Now inoculate the jars as usual.

P.s> You can use tap water. The chlorine is gone after it is done cooking. If your worried boil it first. It won't affect your spores. I promise.

I know you probably know all this already. I just want you to know you are going way overboard with the lysol and there is no need to bomb anything with it. Just keep your movements steady and smooth.

OK, I will add those extra items to the pot when I sterilze my jars of substrate. Thank you

Offlinesumo
Stranger

Re: jars wont colonize anymore [Re: veda_sticks]
    #9076675 - 10/14/08 03:37 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

veda_sticks said:
Just relised that you said you mixed your dry ingredients first. Its better to get the vermiculite to feild capicity first (if you get it too wet just add more dry verm) then evenly mix in the flour.

This helps evenly coat the vermiculite with rice. If  you add the water last, the brf tends to clump together at the bottom of the bowl and is hard to get easily mixed vith the verm.

Ok, I will wet the verm first next time and add flour last. thanks

Invisibleseven
Male

#9076677 - 10/14/08 03:38 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

what ever makes you feel safe man. haha alot of people over do the percautions to feel safe. tip- try looking for syringes at tractor supply co. or other stores which carry farming supplys. farmers use the syringes to shoot up cows and other livestock. the needles are longer- well you a choice of sizes.

--------------------
grind

OfflineMHbound
Ballin Out At All Cost
Male

Loc: Under The Rainbow
Re: jars wont colonize anymore [Re: seven]
    #9076711 - 10/14/08 03:45 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I don't mean the syringe itself...I'm talking about you may have a contaminated syringe.

--------------------

Offlinesumo
Stranger

Re: jars wont colonize anymore [Re: seven]
    #9076981 - 10/14/08 04:45 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

seven said:
what ever makes you feel safe man. haha alot of people over do the percautions to feel safe. tip- try looking for syringes at tractor supply co. or other stores which carry farming supplys. farmers use the syringes to shoot up cows and other livestock. the needles are longer- well you a choice of sizes.

yeah , thats wer I get em :wink:

Offlinealkylbenzene23
Indeed
 User Gallery

#9077298 - 10/14/08 05:45 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Are you letting your jars cool before inoculating them?

--------------------
If you try to lick your cat while tripping, and they bite you, are you even?

Offlinesumo
Stranger

Re: jars wont colonize anymore [Re: alkylbenzene23]
    #9077417 - 10/14/08 06:01 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

alkylbenzene23 said:
Are you letting your jars cool before inoculating them?

Absolutely , I usually steam at night and take em out after pot is cool to touch and then inoculate the next day. Thanks for your reply.

Offlinesumo
Stranger

#9077445 - 10/14/08 06:06 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Thanks for all the advice, gonna try a grow log.
You can see it at http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/9077394/an/0/page/0

OfflineRikktor
Stranger-Danger
Re: jars wont colonize anymore [Re: MHbound]
    #14396176 - 05/03/11 07:13 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I had this same problem, slow recovery?

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags