Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Paul Stamets

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineDocPsilocybin
enthusiast

Advice?
    #907527 - 09/25/02 04:50 PM (15 years, 15 hours ago)

Well, I'm a total newbie at picking. I live in a small town and there are no pastures or anything to speak of close by.. There is, however, a golf course.
Awhile back I decided to just have a look-see and walked a hiking trail for a good 3 hours.. Didn't find anything of interest except some non-magics.
So what's your advice? Go look at the golf course?
I live in B.C. and I hear there are P. Cyanses (spelling?) around here. Whehre would I find those? Is it the right season? If not, what should I familiarize myself well and be on the lookout for?

If this post sounds ingnorant I appologize. I've read the safe-pik guide, I've looked at the Mycellium Network, etc, I've checked the seasons for different strains and whatnot. It's just I'm looking for someone with experience to help me out!

Any replies would be much appreciated!! Thanks!!

--------------------
You can't hold a man down without staying down with him.
-- Booker T. Washington

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineviscid
dikaryon

Loc: the mycological center of...
Re: Advice? [Re: DocPsilocybin]
    #907614 - 09/25/02 05:39 PM (15 years, 14 hours ago)

well, if there are cyans near you, i'd say look in public parks and gardens, in landscaped areas(the golf course might help, but i know people who have gotten ill from eating a large dose of pesticide/herbicide from golf course edibles). if i'm not mistaken (which i could be, i have never been to b.c. or thought about hunting there...) you should have some success, if you guys are starting to get the rain, and the temps have been close to frosty a few times, you should have luck with a few diff species, namely semilanceata, and baeocystis, possibly stuntzii. i guess it depends on how close you are to the coast.
you can never read enough info. try paul stamets psilocybin mushroom guide....good luck. if you do find some, be sure and tell us, and post pics!!!!!!!!!!!
peace

OfflineDocPsilocybin
enthusiast

Re: Advice? [Re: viscid]
    #907673 - 09/25/02 06:08 PM (15 years, 14 hours ago)

I live right on the coast, so parks, gardens, lawns, pretty much that sort of thing?

Oh by the way, does anyone know about Cyans? I found these mushrooms in the bush that kind of looked like them (I think, newbie here) and they were really slimey on the outside.. It was weird, because the mushroom themselves didn't actually bruise blue or anything.. But the slime on the stalk was bluish, anyone have any idea if that could be a Cyan?

It seemed pretty unlikely to me so I just left it in the bush. It had brown gills, and the inside of the stalk was brownish sort of fibery gunk... Looked really odd.

--------------------
You can't hold a man down without staying down with him.
-- Booker T. Washington

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Paul Stamets

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification