Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineGoose
Student of life
Male

composted manure
    #9073290 - 10/13/08 09:15 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

is there any reason why some one would not want to use chicken fish other stuff. composted manure?

--------------------
"i will study and prepare myself so that when my opportunity comes i will be ready" Abraham Lincoln

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemusher_420
Stranger

Re: composted manure [Re: Goose]
    #9073319 - 10/13/08 09:22 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Because it will attract scavengers?

Generally a rule of thumb for many gardeners don't add meat to compost piles used for plant production which are even more composted than compost that is used for mushroom production.

--------------------
My Humidifier Reservoir Expansion Tek

Must read links for beginners

Btw- You are not what you own!

Invisibleteknix
𓂀⟁𓅢𓍝𓅃𓊰𓉡 𓁼𓆗⨻
 User Gallery

#9073325 - 10/13/08 09:24 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

--------------------
.6th and 7th sense theory
.Now is forever. .ﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞTheﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞ ﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞUnseenﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞ is seenﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞ by the blindﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞ eye.ﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞ ﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞ ﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞ ﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞ
ﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞ
ﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞ.When the inevitable time comes, go with your head held high,without regret or remorse, in your subconscious mind.
ﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞ
ﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞ

OfflineScavengerType
Male User Gallery

Loc: The North
Re: composted manure [Re: teknix]
    #9073455 - 10/13/08 09:50 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I know your not even supposed to use human feces because it has too much protean. Mushrooms usually need to live off the droppings of herbivores and plant material because it meets their nutritional requirements and what works best is pretty heavily outlined on this forum and in myco books.

--------------------
"Have you ever seen what happens when a grenade goes off in a school? Do you really know what you’re doing when you order shock and awe? Are you prepared to kneel beside a dying soldier and tell him why he went to Iraq, or why he went to any war?"
"The things that are done in the name of the shareholder are, to me, as terrifying as the things that are done—dare I say it—in the name of God. Montesquieu said, "There have never been so many civil wars as in the Kingdom of God." And I begin to feel that’s true. The shareholder is the excuse for everything."
- Author and former M6/M5 agent John le Carré on Democracy Now.
Conquer's Club

OfflineGoose
Student of life
Male

Re: composted manure [Re: ScavengerType]
    #9074318 - 10/14/08 12:37 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

thanks for the reply. when i work out what the material is exactly ill get back and ask again.

--------------------
"i will study and prepare myself so that when my opportunity comes i will be ready" Abraham Lincoln

Invisiblenoobieshroomie
Back again
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Not Too Sure Flag
    #9074412 - 10/14/08 01:23 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

what if you are a vegetarian can you use your poop then? J/K SORRY just wanted to chime in

-noobie-

--------------------
AMU

Best Thread Ever
CapZilla said:
not sure what GE and FAE are but i should probably get some.

Citric said:
Your signature is wrong on colonization temps!

GOOD JUDGMENT COMES FROM EXPERIENCE
EXPERIENCE COMES FROM BAD JUDGMENT

ROOM TEMP 70-75 IS BEST FOR COLONIZATION
Thank you mycochef

Offlinekramedit
Guerilla Strategist
Male

Loc: in a bunker
Re: composted manure [Re: noobieshroomie]
    #9074428 - 10/14/08 01:30 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

noobieshroomie said:
what if you are a vegetarian can you use your poop then? J/K SORRY just wanted to chime in

-noobie-

no but a vegan yes

--------------------
***WARNING***
I'm a pathological liar.

Only God can create something of value out of nothing.

I've never been through the desert on a horse with no name but I've walked in the sand with a horse named tony. It always feels good to be out of the rain. Every fly has a buzz.

Invisiblenoobieshroomie
Back again
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Not Too Sure Flag
Re: composted manure [Re: kramedit]
    #9074431 - 10/14/08 01:32 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

:rofl2:

-noobie-

--------------------
AMU

Best Thread Ever
CapZilla said:
not sure what GE and FAE are but i should probably get some.

Citric said:
Your signature is wrong on colonization temps!

GOOD JUDGMENT COMES FROM EXPERIENCE
EXPERIENCE COMES FROM BAD JUDGMENT

ROOM TEMP 70-75 IS BEST FOR COLONIZATION
Thank you mycochef

OfflineScavengerType
Male User Gallery

Loc: The North
Re: composted manure [Re: noobieshroomie]
    #9074637 - 10/14/08 03:34 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I wondered about this before and have deduced that even vegans have dietary requirements for proteins even if they are from beans. Now it is possible one way or the other maybe those proteins coming from plant life are digestible for mycilium. On the other hand it's more likely that a protein is not something most mushrooms will consume.

--------------------
"Have you ever seen what happens when a grenade goes off in a school? Do you really know what you’re doing when you order shock and awe? Are you prepared to kneel beside a dying soldier and tell him why he went to Iraq, or why he went to any war?"
"The things that are done in the name of the shareholder are, to me, as terrifying as the things that are done—dare I say it—in the name of God. Montesquieu said, "There have never been so many civil wars as in the Kingdom of God." And I begin to feel that’s true. The shareholder is the excuse for everything."
- Author and former M6/M5 agent John le Carré on Democracy Now.
Conquer's Club

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: composted manure [Re: ScavengerType]
    #9075130 - 10/14/08 08:56 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Chicken manure in small amounts of 5% or less can be added to other bulk substrate materials.  Human poop is non-usable even if you're a vegan.  For years, we've banned for even mentioning it because this fact is so well known, and has been discussed here many times over the years. The use of human excrement always leads to a degeneration of the thread, so don't bring it up again please. Nobody finds mushrooms growing from their dog's piles in the back yard. The search feature is your friend.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate