Home | Community | Message Board

The Spore Depot
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1

What will happen?
    #907467 - 09/25/02 04:23 PM (14 years, 29 days ago)

Quick question...

I noticed that one of my casings was not really pinning/fruiting or anything on "2 Flush" . While the other was going crazy.

-- Somehow there was a lot of water in the casing. (Regular BRF Pie Tin Casing)
Cased with Straight Vermic.

I Drained off most of the water "probably like a cup or so" Gave it a little scratch on the surface with a sterile fork. Then added some dry vermiculite on the top and misted it..

What do you think will happen, was the casing ruined by the water. Or will it recover?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator

Loc: A little North of Paradis...
Re: What will happen? [Re: Anonymous]
    #907510 - 09/25/02 04:39 PM (14 years, 29 days ago)

Sometimes -- when a substrate is to wet, internal bio/activity falters, stall's, then halts.

In effect, it begins to "rot" from the botton -- up.

If you got to it -- quick enough -- while some myc was still alive, they can revive, Sometimes & sometimes not.

You might take a clean scaple & poke a tiny hole into the substrate & see if you still have healthy white myc? If so, be patient.

If not -- the trash can tek MAY be applicable. But, that call is yours -- alone.

I had one hell of a time getting the moisture content RIGHT on large cased substrates. The first few were TO WET & went to hell after being cased.

Uncased, they appeared to colonized perfectly. I added a casing layer that was to wet & that contributed to the whole thing going down the tube.

After waiting a long time, I dug around in them & discovered what was wrong.

Live, learn & start over, until you get it down pat..  :wink:

6T :tongue: 

~whiskey river rafting, hot tubbing, dirty dancing & spending money on - wild women - having fun & just gonna waste the rest~

Re: What will happen? [Re: SixTango]
    #907562 - 09/25/02 05:10 PM (14 years, 29 days ago)

I took the fork and stuck it right down into the center and a few other places, kind of broke it apart and peeked in between.

There was good white mycelium (Just like what the BRF right out of the jars looks like when you crumble them up.. Looked pretty healthy. Just wet

I will wait a few days and hopefully it will start to work its magic again..

Right now there are about 4or 5
one inch little suckers growing... while the casing 2 inches next to it has about 75-80

I will keep you updated

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation