Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinevalkyrie
journeyman

Loc: Midwesternly
Telepathic experiences?
    #907430 - 09/25/02 02:01 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Have any of you here on the shroomery ever had any intense telepathic experiences? if you have, post them and we can compare....here is an experience I had a couple of years back..

I was chatting on IRC in a room for my particular city, and decided at random to message someone because they seemed interesting to me... after about 30 minutes of conversation in which he seemed to be a rather positive and upbeat person, I was overcome with an urge to write some poetry. I decided to write about this person whom I had learned very little about, and was a bit disturbed upon finishing the poem, just writing what came to mind... it described how his smile was little more than a facade that hid great sorrow and suffering, talking about how he had been betrayed and was unable to express his emotions, and only the shadows understood the truth of his anguish blah blah blah.... I type out the poem for him with some reluctance, feeling a bit silly for having written all of this on a whim, and he explains to me the terrible end of his relationship of several years, involving his girlfriend cheating on him while he was having to sleep on the couch, and also the death of his friend and band leader in a car accident and how this has prevented him from playing any music because it reminds him too much of how things used to be.... anyway, because of this we start talking about telepathy and decide to conduct some experiments over the phone where one person thinks of a number or a color, and the other person guesses it, or with letters of the alphabet, we found ourselves to be acurate about 75% of the time, which was strange but quite possible coincidental. To put it to a serious test, we decided that one of us would hold an object and visualize it and think about it intensely, without saying anything, and the other person would try and describe the object being visualized. There was a light in my room, and I grabbed the first object in reach and held it up. it was a slurpie cup with a spoon-straw sticking out the top, the spoon end was just peeking over the domed edge of the plastic top. It was sillhouetted in the light, I traced its shape in my mind and tried to imagine sending it, tried to make it the only thing on my thoughts.... a few seconds later he says " I see something... it looks like a large candle, its tapered, fat at the top, rounded.... it has a big wick or a flame... its dark though...."

I'm too surprised to say anything for a moment, and he too is a bit overwhelmed when I finally tell him what it is...

next its my turn to try and recieve an image. I close my eyes and for the longest time my mind is blank, I am about to give up when suddenly the vague image and intellectual concept of a hand comes to mind. I percieve an outstretched flat palm with some kind of long rectangular thing on it.. I think that it has something to do with food, but not food, the words crunchy, letters, candy, come to mind... I almost see some kind of lined pattern on the center of the bar, but it fades out, and then I get the idea that it has something to do with a movie....

I explain this, and he tells me that it is a boba fett pez dispenser.....

coincidence?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
Re: Telepathic experiences? [Re: valkyrie]
    #907448 - 09/25/02 02:13 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Take the Swami Challenge... that will determine if it was coincidence.

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

Offlineakyouser_oner
unclefuckerextrordinaire

Loc: standing in the shadows a...
    #907454 - 09/25/02 02:15 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

when i first read this topic, i thought "oh shit, here we go again" but i'm pleasantly surprised to find SCIENTIFIC tests here, not just some nut rambling about how they knew what their dog was thinking when they were trippin. well done, i'll have to do some more testing and get back with you...

--------------------
-akyouser.oner
<(((((((((((((((@~~~

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
Re: Telepathic experiences? [Re: Sclorch]
    #907460 - 09/25/02 02:20 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

What if the experience was spontaneous and may not be able to be repeated on demand?

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

OfflineFlusH
Random person on Internet

Loc: Bizzaro World
    #907477 - 09/25/02 02:24 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

My Girlfriend and I have been messing with the idea of ESP, Lucid dreaming, OBE's etc. The last time my GF did shrooms I was sober and we decided to give it a shot. We have had a few successful attempts at forcing our energy to each other but this time we noticed it was easier to "connect". She said she was able to actually see our aura's without any trouble and we tried guessing cards with amazing results. Approx 43 out of 52 when she was guessing and 38 out of 52 when it was my turn. We have been practicing for about 6 months prior and it has been about 2 months since and we have both noticed that with practice ( about an hour a day ) that both of our abilities have gotten much stronger. I would like to give more of a detailed report but I got toget going at the moment. If anybody has any questions or would like more experiences feel free to private msg me.

--------------------

OfflineMajor_Buzz
just like that

Loc: Left Bank
    #907482 - 09/25/02 02:26 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I have had a number of telepathic experiences, such as:
Many years ago, when I was still living with my folks, I was home alone in bed, deeply relaxed, in that state where you are not asleep, but nearly, and all of a sudden my inner voice said to me, "she's here". Well at that point my mom arrived home.
Last year on an annual camping trip with my buddies, I was zoomin', we were listenning to Pink Floyd on Jeff's car stereo, and my inner voice told me that his battery was dead, and two seconds later the system died. I have had numerous events such as those two. I will admit to not being the world's most clairvoyant, but i'm getting better.

Anonymous

#907522 - 09/25/02 02:48 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Yes, once during a peyote ceremony I went home before it had wore off and fell into a trance. The medicine man spoke to me and instructed me. The next time we met I mentioned this and he laughed and proceeded in the instruction drawing directly upon things he had only told me in the trance state. He mentioned them specifically and the only time he ever mentioned those things were when I was in trance. He had never mentioned or alluded to them before.

That was one of the more commonplace adventures with him. Others are so unbelieveable I will not mention them here.

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Re: Telepathic experiences? [Re: ]
    #907542 - 09/25/02 02:59 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Why don't you share some of these experiences Mr Mushrooms? I understand that some may be on a very personal level, but if the reason is because they are too "unbelievable", what's so wrong with that? Are you afraid that others will not take you as seriously? I had the same fear, but I must say, sharing personal experiences has really helped me look at them from different angles. I even appreciate the constructive skeptical-ness, because questioning these things helps me look at them differently, even if I don't necessarily agree with these points of view...

If you still want to keep tight-lipped about it publiclly, I would love if you PMed me some of your experiences. Please consider, friend...  :smile: 

--------------------

Anonymous

Re: Telepathic experiences? [Re: Adamist]
    #907565 - 09/25/02 03:11 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I do not what people think about my experiences because sometimes I do nto know what to think of them either. Nevertheless, they are intensely private matters and there are some that no living human knows about. I am not shy about them or even guarded. But they are so significant to me that I would not, under normal circumstances, share them anymore than I would share intimate sexual details had with a female. I would consider that a confidence broken.

That said, you may know that you are in my confidence.

Cheers,

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
    #907640 - 09/25/02 03:51 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

What if the experience was spontaneous and may not be able to be repeated on demand?

What if "what if" meant something else?
This gets us NOWHERE. It's a BS response.

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

#907645 - 09/25/02 03:54 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

It may get us nowhere, but it IS possible. Not everything is repeatable on demand.

--------------------

OfflineViBrAnT
WaRpInG &sPiRaLiNg
    #907722 - 09/25/02 04:34 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

A couple nights ago i go tinto bed and began drifting off. Suddenly i heard a voice: " Fuck You". I opened my eyes immediatly and began trippin out. I have no idea where that came from. i often here voices as i drift off to sleep but they usually feel as though they are coming from within me. This one seemed to be eminating from the other side of the room.

Last night i could here people having conversations as i drifted to sleep, very unnerving. Tonight i will try write the conversations down as i am assuming i will have a similar experience as last nights was so clear.

I usually have strong telepathic experiences on even small dose trips now. I can here every word the other is thinking and also see into their imagination. In recent trips i had a long conversation with a passenger seat in my buddies car.

i'll keep you posted.

--------------------
" liken this life illusory, for your sand castle will one day be adrift amongst the wind "

Offlinevalkyrie
journeyman

Loc: Midwesternly
Re: Telepathic experiences? [Re: ViBrAnT]
    #907744 - 09/25/02 04:49 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Adamist: I didnt suggest that the particular experience was anything but spontaneous, or irrepeatable, its spontanaeity doesnt make it any less valid... I'm sure that there are certain moments in our lives when for some reason or another we are more open to these kinds of experiences, they may be hormonal or chemical in nature, or induced by stress or joy or heightened 'spiritual awareness'... I know several people who know when a family member/close friend is going to visit or call, sometimes seconds before the phone rings, or know who is on the phone when it rings... do you feel that that is caused simply by an innate understanding of these peoples behavioral patterns, or by true precognitive ability? And perhaps more importantly, if its a valid experience, does it matter how it was caused?

Offlineshii-tan
unfolding.thoughtform
Loc: beyond the neirica
    #907822 - 09/25/02 05:31 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

vibrant~~

my sister has had similar experiences a little while ago. she would be laying on her bed, about to fall asleep and hear people fighting or burst out laughing.. we never found out what those sounds were coming from, but we somewhat concluded that the hypnagogic state makes you more receptive to thoughts floating all around...

--------------------
-----
chi fan le mey yo?

InvisibleIn(di)go
People of the sun.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cologne, Germany
    #907866 - 09/25/02 05:50 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

In reply to:

do you feel that that is caused simply by an innate understanding of these peoples behavioral patterns, or by true precognitive ability?

i would rather say its caused by a truly deep connection with the person... i find that having telepathic experiences is a lot easier with some people than with other... my brother, my girlfriend and my mom are some of the people i constantly click with... i've had quite a few telepathic experiences, 2 of them very very powerful... but to be honest im quite tired... i think ill post them tomorrow... remind me of it, ok?

--------------------

Invisibledee_N_ae
\/\/¡†¢h |-|øµ§³ ¢å†
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Shadow of Neptune
    #908026 - 09/25/02 06:56 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

That was happeneing to me last night too!  I heard someone yelling at me, and some other gibbersh type sounds.  All sounding like they were coming from outside me but I knew they were in my head....haha.  Call me a nutjob but that's one of my favorite feelings in the word... listening to the silence :smile: :tongue:  It's like implied sound, it's not really there.  No air molecules moving... just neurons firing.  Well I guess there are air molecules in the brain, right? So maybe it is real...
like my own little neuro-synthesizer... :crazy:

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #908055 - 09/25/02 07:14 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Take the Swami Challenge... that will determine if it was coincidence.

I predict that no one will do so. (Hey, that makes me a real psychic!)

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#908067 - 09/25/02 07:17 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

What if I place a tin can 50 feet away and throw pebbles at it. I use visualization techniques and let my auric energy guide the tiny stone to the target. Out of a thousand shots, one goes in. I can't repeat it, but I know in my heart that it was true magic.

--------------------

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Re: Telepathic experiences? [Re: Swami]
    #908081 - 09/25/02 07:26 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Your example does not apply to experiences that are viewed upon as "impossible" upon normal circumstances. Throwing a pebble in a can is possible, however, according to modern scientific thought, telepathy is not. Sorry, but I don't let modern scientific thought think for me.

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#908098 - 09/25/02 07:36 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Your example does not apply to experiences that are viewed upon as "impossible" upon normal circumstances. Throwing a pebble in a can is possible, however, according to modern scientific thought, telepathy is not.
Ah, but I didnt merely throw it. Did you not read my post? Are you doubting my veracity? I guided it in using psychic energy which is considered impossible by modern science. So your point is...?

Sorry, but I don't let modern scientific thought think for me.
Really? Please turn off your modern scientific computer and send your messages telepathically. Thank you.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom