Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Anonymous

Help us out in the FAQ Contributions forum!
    #907362 - 09/25/02 03:37 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

- Post History Deleted Upon User's Request -

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineStInvetroThomas
Damn straight I'm a hunter.
Male User Gallery
Loc: Estonia
Re: Help us out in the FAQ Contributions forum! [Re: ]
    #908307 - 09/25/02 11:08 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I am there Mr Mushrooms, I can take a bunch of the info I have compiled and send you whatever you want...from my region of the world anyways...just PM me if there is anything specific you would like me to contribute.

Cheers

--------------------
"...I found dozens of single specimens.  That's what I call hunting.  There are only a few "good" hunters here, even now.  You're certainly in that group.  I would imagine if we hunted together we'd find our styles are similar."
- Mr. Mushrooms

RIP Matt, your friendship and your contributions to the world of fungi will be missed. Unfortunately we never got to hunt together.

St Thomas

Anonymous

Re: Help us out in the FAQ Contributions forum! [Re: StInvetroThomas]
    #908423 - 09/25/02 11:57 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Offlineledfethered
Student ofShroomery
Loc: Mid Atlantic, U.S.
Re: Help us out in the FAQ Contributions forum! [Re: ]
    #910239 - 09/26/02 06:02 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Hi,

One thing (as a newbie here) that I would like to see is data broken down by region (i.e. I'm in the Mid-Atlantic, U.S. Virginia specifically) and by general color/appearance as well as by psycho-reactive, toxic and edible. Something in a concise ?info tree? style or something along those lines would be cool.

We all need to learn the scientific names and all of the identification techniques, but it is very difficult and time consuming to search for I.D. by technical names that we are just learning as beginners.

The great thing about this forum though that I have found, is that if I post good pics, someone (and often more than one) will at least give me a direction to search. I am very appreciative of all of the help I have received here.

Those of us without extensive literature on mushrooms would really benefit from this and if you are on dialup, web browsing can be slow. The mushrooms decay before we have a positive I.D.! LOL. For those of us who have work to do and cannot spend 6 hours a day researching, better direction is a big time saver. I would guess one of the most frequently asked questions here is ?what is this?? or ?check this out? (generally of course) and some folks don?t tell you the specifics. Even the experts post and don?t give a full description of what they have sometimes, they know their buddies know what it is, but we have to look it up! LOL! It would be cool if when they did post, they would copy and paste a ?boiler plate? description like a signature so us newbies would be clued in faster.

Maybe I just haven?t found the mother lode bud I?ve had a hard time getting it all in one place.

I'm glad this community is here though and I'm sure whatever you end up doing will be very helpful.

Peace

--------------------
Only man's arrogance could deem a mushroom illegal.

Anonymous

Re: Help us out in the FAQ Contributions forum! [Re: ledfethered]
    #911007 - 09/27/02 12:09 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification