Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineNature Boy
Stranger than most
Male User Gallery

Loc: Samsara
Re: Psilocybin and psilocin crystals (pix) [Re: mofo]
    #9111163 - 10/21/08 05:42 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

mofo said:
I was thinking a good way to ingest psilocybin crystals would be to snort them or crush into a fine dust, aerosolize them and inhale, so that the dust coats your lungs.

At the heart of this experiment is the testing of the premise that psilocibin can be successfully vaporized with a DMT like effect.  This has been reported, but apparently not well documented.  I hope to add a valid  data point on this hypothesis.

First, however, I must document through known routes of administration, the efficacy of my extraction.  Therefore, oral to preceed vaporization, as soon as practicable.

N.B.

--------------------
All submitted posts under this user name are works of pure fiction or outright lies.  Any information, statement, or assertion contained therein should be considered pure unadulterated bullshit.  Note well:  Sorry, but I do not answer PM's unless you are a long-time trusted friend.  If you have a question, ask it in the appropriate thread.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemaysrome
It is a disgusting sandwich.
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Alabama, USA
    #9112036 - 10/21/08 07:50 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

aerosolize them and inhale, so that the dust coats your lungs.

I'm not actually going to attempt anything like that myself, but, after reading that, i'm very curious to know how one would go about "aerosolizing" something. very interesting idea.

--------------------
Es muss sein?!

Invisiblemofo
Hobby Jingoist

Loc: Donkey Kong Kill Screen
Re: Psilocybin and psilocin crystals (pix) [Re: maysrome]
    #9112207 - 10/21/08 08:14 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

there are asthma inhalers that work by aerosolizing fine particulates.  They work by focusing air currents through the apparatus in a certain way as you inhale, so that the dust becomes well mixed with the air.  The particulates have to be very fine though.

Offlinemaysrome
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #9112252 - 10/21/08 08:21 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Hmmm, I find that rather interesting indeed. I am an asthmatic and have tonz of inhalers laying around lolz. Thanks for the info man!

--------------------
Es muss sein?!

Invisibleshroomzey
Humble Student
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Psilocybin and psilocin crystals (pix) [Re: Nature Boy]
    #9112991 - 10/21/08 10:33 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Nature Boy said:
Quote:

Mushr00m_Man said:
update us man

Had a major blow-out with the wife (over her stupid, ill-mannered, untrained, undisciplined, food-mongering, barking, biting, plastic chewing, garbage eating, dishwasher and refrigerator diving, nuisance of a dog) and was in a bad place mentally, so I didn't dose.

She's SUPPOSED to go away this coming week-end (although she bullshits alot about her plans) so I'm hopeful she'll go away for 3 days and take her pain in the ass dog with her.

N.B.

Ah, always sucks when things don't go to plan.  And you end up having such a nuisance distract you.  Well, obviously we will still be here waiting.  =)

Question:  Is it possible that the psilocybin/psilocin in its current forum would degrade or lose potency over time faster than normal?

--------------------

200 years from now, we will look back and laugh at ourselves for how stupid we were.
My Glovebox
Find a respected member of the community and study them.  I give thanks to: RogerRabbit, agar, hyphae, Nibin, fahtster, The shroomy 1, monstermitch, FooMan, HippieChick, Blue Helix, eatyualive, mycofile, and many, many more.
Never accept mediocrity, always return the love that is given to you.

OfflineNature Boy
Stranger than most
Male User Gallery

Re: Psilocybin and psilocin crystals (pix) [Re: shroomzey]
    #9114167 - 10/22/08 04:55 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

shroomzey said:
Question:  Is it possible that the psilocybin/psilocin in its current forum would degrade or lose potency over time faster than normal?

Possible?  Sure...anything is possible, but I don't think any degradation over a week will be sufficient to thoroughly ruin the exeriment, however.

I'll be able to judge the remaining potency (if it indeed has lost sme punch) with the oral dose, so the vap part of it will at least have a subjectively meaningful frame of reference.

N.B.

--------------------
All submitted posts under this user name are works of pure fiction or outright lies.  Any information, statement, or assertion contained therein should be considered pure unadulterated bullshit.  Note well:  Sorry, but I do not answer PM's unless you are a long-time trusted friend.  If you have a question, ask it in the appropriate thread.

OfflineNature Boy
Stranger than most
Male User Gallery

#9117496 - 10/22/08 06:41 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

******UPDATE******UPDATE********UPDATE*******

Wife now out of town.  I mixed 1/3 of the psilo-goop into a cup of Earl Grey tea with honey at 8:15 pm for the "oral" part of the test.

Edit:  This should be approximately 2.5 grams if I extracted and preserved 90% of the active ingredients (highest possible IMHO) and 1.25 grams if only 50% extracted and preserved.  Either way, I should feel something.

Unfortunately, this was on top of a fairly large dinner - which is why I chose the tea as the route of administration - but time will tell if this is successful.  Tea tasted ever so slightly of mushrooms...hardly detectable.

N.B.

--------------------

Edited by Nature Boy (10/22/08 06:45 PM)

Offlinemaysrome
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #9117501 - 10/22/08 06:42 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

I can't wait, good luck, happy trails!

--------------------
Es muss sein?!

OfflineNature Boy
Stranger than most
Male User Gallery

Re: Psilocybin and psilocin crystals (pix) [Re: maysrome]
    #9117521 - 10/22/08 06:46 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Thank you, my friend!  :peace:

N.B.

Edit:  I'm editing this so as to not "bump" my own thread.  It is now T + 1:45 and the effects are modest, smooth, no body load beyond what one would normally expect.  Onset was typical:  yawning, anxiety, ever so slight queasiness.  I'd rate it a level 2 (just barely).  For me, equivalent to just under a 2 gram trip.

N.B.

--------------------

Edited by Nature Boy (10/22/08 08:00 PM)

OfflineP.Menace
Contradicting the Status Quo
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Let Me See Potato Salad!!...
    #9118318 - 10/22/08 09:20 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

So your theory of 90% of the active alkaloids being preserved and doseage suggestions by the weight vs your effects were correct?

--------------------

http://www.sporeworksgallery.com/Cubensae/Psilocybe_cubensis_Menace

roby000 said: thats true a shotgun is almost like a college degree in a sense that if you show it to the right person at the right time you could make a lot of money.

OfflineNature Boy
Stranger than most
Male User Gallery

Re: Psilocybin and psilocin crystals (pix) [Re: P.Menace]
    #9119937 - 10/23/08 05:17 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

P.Menace said:
So your theory of 90% of the active alkaloids being preserved and doseage suggestions by the weight vs your effects were correct?

No...I'd say less than that...maybe 75%, but now that it is the morning after, I have more to report.

During the come-up phase I was watching "Old School" with my son (he's >22 years old).  The body load was so minimal, the come-up so smooth and casual (due to big dinner?) and the lack of mental noise/chatter was such that I didn't appreciate the onset as a hammer, more like a feather.

However, when I got into the dark of my bedroom at T +2:00 I discovered, much to my surprise, my favorite types of closed-eye visuals - the small scale, colorful, morphing geometric patterns!  Wooo Hoo!

Oddly, while watching them, I eventually fell asleep (around T +3:00).  I awoke once around T +4:00 and they were still visible a little bit...the trip was mostly (90%) over.  I must not have slept restfully, because I'm feeling atypically tired this morning.

Shrooms will often leave me with a headache the following morning, but none detectable today.  That's it, I guess.  Psilo-goop is orally acive.

N.B.

--------------------

OfflineP.Menace
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #9119988 - 10/23/08 05:59 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

now to vaporize crystals.....

--------------------

roby000 said: thats true a shotgun is almost like a college degree in a sense that if you show it to the right person at the right time you could make a lot of money.

OfflineNature Boy
Stranger than most
Male User Gallery

#9132455 - 10/25/08 03:38 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

****UPDATE*****UPDATE******UPDATE*****

Ok...true to my word, ten minutes ago I took six very decent rips (vaporized, not burned) of a portion of the psilo-goo that I extracted from 8 grams of shrooms.  No joy.

What is more, the smoke smells and tastes vile, unlike the goo itself, which smells fresh and floral-like.  There is no way that I would voluntarily smoke more than 6 lungfuls of this stuff to catch a buzz, so I have to declare this portion of the experiment to be a bust.

Now, having said that, I suspect that the purity of the goo was quite low.  Maybe this WOULD work with "crystal" psilocybin...I just don't know.

Also, I have to acknowledge that the oral portion of this experiment was only Wednesday, so maybe the layoff between then and today (Saturday, so 3 days) wasn't enough, and tolerance was a factor.

Anyway...that's all for now.  I'm thinking seriously about cleaning out the pipe and taking a couple of hits of DMT.  Sorry I ddn't have better news...I would have really loved to post a "wow did I get fucked up" trip report, but, alas, it was not to be.  :shrug:

N.B.

--------------------

OfflineMushr00m_Man
ganja lover!!

Loc: The end of the road
    #9133616 - 10/25/08 07:46 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

damnit

--------------------
SMOKE MARIJUANA

OfflineP.Menace
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Psilocybin and psilocin crystals (pix) [Re: Mushr00m_Man]
    #9133631 - 10/25/08 07:49 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Mushr00m_Man said:
damnit

:imwithstupid:

--------------------

OfflineNature Boy
Stranger than most
Male User Gallery

Re: Psilocybin and psilocin crystals (pix) [Re: Mushr00m_Man]
    #9133877 - 10/25/08 08:39 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Mushr00m_Man said:
damnit

Yeah, my feelings exactly.  A coulple of hours ago I had a nice couple of hits of DMT after 20 minutes of meditating, and that put me in a nice place.

I'm presently drinking a tea of ~5 grams mushies to cap the night, as long as the wifey-poo is away...might as well!  Wish me luck!

Gonna be  :psychsplit: soon.

N.B.

--------------------

OfflineP.Menace
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #9133882 - 10/25/08 08:39 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

smoke some more dmt

--------------------

OfflineNature Boy
Stranger than most
Male User Gallery

#9133906 - 10/25/08 08:45 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah, I could do that.  I hear it is incredible when done at the peak of a mushie trip, but...lets see where the tea takes me.

Not sure if there will be a cross tolerance issue.  Smoking the psilo-goo didn't seem to make any measurable cange to my sensorium.  5 g tea, though...

I'm only at T + 0:15 right now, and I'm having a bit of trouble w/ typing.  See 'ya.  :peace:

N.B.

--------------------

OfflineP.Menace
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #9133936 - 10/25/08 08:49 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Well I am here to tell you from experience that Smoking a dab of DMT while high on MDMA... is fucking epic!
and even better yet if you have some whippets on hand for when you come back from hyperspace

--------------------

InvisibleJean-Luc Picard
I only wish i was this good!
 User Gallery

Loc: New Mexico, USA Flag
    #9134232 - 10/25/08 09:49 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

heh heh..........whippets......:tongue:

--------------------
The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you - NDT

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag