Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSparkey_STi
Boomer
 User Gallery

Contam questions...
    #9069062 - 10/13/08 12:12 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I have some questions on Contamination im just not finding in searches.  Probably looking right over it or not searching the right words; but here we go.  Sorry if its a noobster question...

How long should i wait for contam to grow before deeming it bruising or contam?

and

Can mycelium actually fight off some contam?  Seems like i find myself seeing it around 80% colonization and such.  What leads me to think its not brusing is that after the shake i let them sit for about 4 days before checking.  Then i check daily, but try not to move em much, and at about 80-85% i sometimes see little black spots; and usually i throw em out.  But this time im seeking the answers...

thanks.

P.s. dont flame about lame placement... wasnt thinking on what forum to put it in.  my bad.

Edited by Sparkey_STi (10/13/08 12:14 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineP.Menace
Contradicting the Status Quo
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Let Me See Potato Salad!!...
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Contam questions... [Re: Sparkey_STi]
    #9069065 - 10/13/08 12:14 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

You can find all of this in a search really easily.

In nature YES they stand up against competitor molds... but indoors...

--------------------

http://www.sporeworksgallery.com/Cubensae/Psilocybe_cubensis_Menace

roby000 said: thats true a shotgun is almost like a college degree in a sense that if you show it to the right person at the right time you could make a lot of money.

OfflineMHbound
Ballin Out At All Cost
Male

Loc: Under The Rainbow
    #9069080 - 10/13/08 12:22 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Black spots are bad. Mycelium will not win over something like that. To be honest it won't win over any contaminate.

If you see black, red, pink, and so on you might as well hang it up...Dispose of it properly.

Blue may be seen in cakes, but it will often only show up when the cake is almost fully colonized in my experience.

Cobweb mold, as you know, is white like mycelium. It's tough to really tell exactly what it is if you haven't seen it before, but people here can help you. It often will have a slight graying to it.

--------------------

OfflineP.Menace
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Contam questions... [Re: MHbound]
    #9069118 - 10/13/08 12:36 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

MHbound said:
To be honest it won't win over any contaminate.

Cobweb mold, as you know, is white like mycelium. It's tough to really tell exactly what it is if you haven't seen it before, but people here can help you. It often will have a slight graying to it.

Two things.
Yes it can win over contams, but not necessarily indoors where you are creating a favorable atmosphere to grow the contaminates.

all molds are white, until they sporulate. the Spores are whats colored

--------------------

roby000 said: thats true a shotgun is almost like a college degree in a sense that if you show it to the right person at the right time you could make a lot of money.

OfflineMHbound
Ballin Out At All Cost
Male

Re: Contam questions... [Re: P.Menace]
    #9069133 - 10/13/08 12:40 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

This is true...I guess I just assumed he was talking about indoors.

I didn't know they were all white, but it's the majority turn into some crazy ass colors.

--------------------

OfflineP.Menace
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #9069155 - 10/13/08 12:46 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

only the spores

--------------------

OfflineMHbound
Ballin Out At All Cost
Male

Re: Contam questions... [Re: P.Menace]
    #9069158 - 10/13/08 12:48 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Gotcha.

--------------------

OfflineSparkey_STi
Boomer
 User Gallery

#9069192 - 10/13/08 12:56 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Soooooooo... what time frame should i give to tell.  Cant take pix, and i cant really decipher if its blue or black.  Normally i just throw out all my jars with anything but white... but thats only been 5 jars (bought syringe injection).  But i think i've been throwing out viable jars.  I know its not cobwebb cause i tripped off it using the cranberry and vitamin c method; so i got a decent grasp of what myc looks like i think.  But bruising vs contam im so lost.  like the spots im looking at now are no bigger then a ballpoint pin tip (if that) and havent grown, or moved for 3 days (at least).  Or another is like on brusing, but again is just ball point pin sized and hasnt grown or anything.

And some of the jars seem to be getting a little bit of yellowish condensation if that means anything...

Shrooms are so much harder then weed...

OfflineMHbound
Ballin Out At All Cost
Male

#9069206 - 10/13/08 12:59 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/files/06-48/485728512-Jour_4_02.jpg

If you don't see the dots spreading, and you are SURE it isn't black then you should be fine. If those areas spread get rid of it.

That's my 2 cents.

--------------------

OfflineSparkey_STi
Boomer
 User Gallery

#9070126 - 10/13/08 09:02 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Under 10x magnification, i found one to be contam for sure ( i think ).  But the others, im going to let set a few more days.  How long before i really should do something with em? They've showed full colonization for about 5 days now...

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: Contam questions... (moved) [Re: Sparkey_STi]
    #9070173 - 10/13/08 09:14 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

This thread was moved from Mushroom Cultivation.

Reason:
Bruising is like a bruise on your body.  Mold spores are like a scab on your body.  That should make them easier to tell apart.  Mushroom mycelium won't overrun contaminants in indoor sterile culture.
RR

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag